cerebrolysin nr2b orexin-a

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Jonathan Moritz

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

This sounds feasible. 

From what I understand, genes could be selectively embedded (via an adenoviral vector, as discussed) to a region of the chromosome where transcription rates are moderate, so as not to overproduce various peptides.

I'm VERY skeptical of this process working on any compound other than polypeptides. However, this is completely feasible, and as some of the posts above mentioned, there are studies that have done just that; insert an adenoviral vector containing RNA/DNA coding for specific polypeptide sequences (the example given being prepro-orexin, apparently a precursor or transcript of orexin-a and orexin-b) into a host (mouse brain). 

One thing that would concern me is that simple I.M injection of a large amount of this raaV could be non-selective. For example, if you weren't extremely careful with the vector, and where it would insert itself into DNA, it could inadvertently be overexpressed somewhere where it shouldn't. For example, if you overexpressed the prepro-orexin transgene in a large amount of tissue, rather than just the specific brain region where you'd like it to be, you could have all sorts of physiological side effects simply because your body is flooded with orexin. Obviously, with a little more time someone could tell you the exact dangers, especially if we knew the sequences where the raaV bound to to insert itself.

In summary, I believe this technology has some incredible potential and applications, and I'd love to know more about your experiences with it and details about the technology itself. However, there are a plethora of obvious risks to an operation like the one you've undertaken, and I would really hope you've gotten some concrete information from your supplier to ensure your safety.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#32 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

this is obviously bs because no one knows the peptides in cerebrolysin...yet. Nefarious one, its pretty sick what your trying to accomplish with this thread. I assume you thought if u posted about how you mysteriously boosted ur iq 50 points with rAAC gene therapy that everyone else would try to do it also. You essentially were trying to use longecity as guinea pigs u sicko.. Also do u even know what the r in rAAV stands for.. recombinant. Something u lacked to describe in any of your posts. I don't care if you don't want to disclose ur manufacturer thats no excuse to not have the evidence of ur proposed rAAc gene therapy. Have you even read a study before? The materials and methods in every study states the manufacturers for all materials used.. Lastly, do u even know how much rAAV therapy would cost?..I doubt you would have that money to spend considering how ignorant you sound in your posts.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cerebrolysin, nr2b, orexin-a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users