• 135 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:40 PM

Holy grail of depression research?

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...earch-1.3529921

#332 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

I'm curious if everyone participating on this thread live in a "grey" part of the country? I live in the northeast part of the U.S. so it can be "grey" and so it does affect my depression at times (seasonal affective disorder). I was told by someone that when she lived in Florida on her way back to the northeast, she felt depressed coming back up here. I wonder if everyone participating on this thread is also affected by S.A.D. or depression even if you live in a "sunshine" state, like Florida (or anywhere sunny).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#333 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

In a few years new effective treatment based on ketamine (minus its side effects) :

https://www.nimh.nih...etabolism.shtml

http://www.dailymail...epressants.html

#334 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

Almost anything and everything causes depression.

As if memory of something depressing becomes a loop inside my head through the amygdala. Remember watching a sad movie that made you depressed for weeks, even months? Remember watching Titanic? How about living in a depressed city which is why almost all of its inhabitants are depressed as well because you get to see, hear, and know the ills of society which then turns into a loop that makes me sad, as if just the memory of it all is what causes depression. Try watching the news, it's the same pattern.

Which may explain why most people in the so called ghetto stay down (depressed) because of such negative impact of negative memories that people see often and know often. The ills of knowing...

• Disagree x 1

#335 opusensemble

• 57 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

Latest on psilocybin and treatment resistant depression. 
https://www.theguard...-clinical-trial
http://www.bbc.com/n...health-36247599
http://www.thelancet...36616300657.pdf
Any Ideas on the most adequate psilocybe strains?

Attached Files

Edited by opusensemble, 31 May 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#336 neuralis

• 84 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

I think psychedelics are invaluable therapeutic tools and should be an available treatment option to everyone if one chooses so.

Yet I can’t help but to get a little uneasy to see them so openly being advertised in the mainstream media. There is a great therapeutic potential in them, but also a potential to make things much worse. An inexperienced person trying to beat their depression with a healthy dose of mushrooms seems like a recipe for disaster to me. Especially in this day and age when people want to take something and feel better without doing any actual work themselves. A lot of the times this is not how psychedelics work. Taking them while depressed is like playing Russian roulette with your mental health. 

#337 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

Here's a good article I just read:

Bad Habits We Can Break That Are Linked To Depression And Anxiety

http://www.huffingto...b_11780056.html

"Being around other people who are depressed and anxious leads to like feelings in us. We feed off each other as humans, and we feed off of moods especially. As a therapist, I can tell you that even I pick up on other people’s emotions if I see several anxious or depressed people in a row. We are living souls that pick up on what is going on around us. It is why depression and anxiety are so common in families Yes there is a genetic factor, but an equal cause is observing depressed and anxious behavior as a means of dealing with things. The child learns that this is how people deal with their problems, and picks up and repeats this pattern of behavior. Make sure that you balance out who you are around, and how much. If you start to feel a certain way, ask yourself why. The insight of feeding off of others is often enough to change your behavior and feelings."

Sometimes depression is from the environment and can cause a trickle down effect (ala Seattle people tend to be depressed therefore if you're surrounded by these types, you end up becoming one as well, then both sides feed off each other's negative energy and emotions, and becomes a cycle that can't be broken, etc.). There was also an article I read about a "suicide contagion" at a specific location where one suicide led to another and another due to that "trickle down effect". There's recent studies that show depression and other mental illnesses are linked with the environment one is in. My possible solution; break off that wave as negative energy can pull you in, in a similar fashion when an ocean wave (at the beach) pulls you in, you have to swim to the side against the wave to break getting pulled in to the ocean (or negativity).

One of the "commentators" in the article I read above had this to say and it's very interesting:

"Where are all these positive people to be around? I find that being around others exept for a select few (husband, best friend, mom) always makes me feel worse. I am at the point where I don't want to be around anyone except for those select few. I am an introvert and find socializing to be exhausting and draining. People always say that socializing makes you feel better but I find that solitude actually makes me feel wonderful. I work in a group home for people with mental illness and I always feel worse at work. The people, many who struggle with Anxiety and Depression (among other things expecially Schizophrenia), overwhelm me. I pick up on their negative emotions and they literally make me feel sick. The article mentioned that being around people who are depressed and anxious leads to like feelings in us. Well, what do you do when you spend the majority of your waking time with people who are depressed and anxious? I have started having panic attacks on my way to work. I cry a lot because I am so overwhelmed by the negative people I work with. I am going to quit my job asap once I find a new one. I didn't think that working with people who have mental illness could lead to mental illness within me. I can't wait to leave this career field."

Ever dread coming to school or that job you used to work at that had so many toxic people? Ever felt great that school is finally over? Ever felt powerful you finally had the time and courage to find another job to leave your old job full of toxic people? I have. I didn't bother going to the prom or graduation, I was just happy getting out of there with so many narcissistic people. I didn't bother saying goodbye to the people I worked with and it felt great. I simply gave my 2 week notice and it was SAYONARA!

Ever wonder why there's so many college drop outs (look at statistics!). Most college student are nothing more than post high schoolers who are still grudgeful towards not getting laid in high school so they take their scorned selves to college (to get laid) and feed their narcissistic ways and this negative emotion that's very common in campuses does have a trickle down effect of negativity contagion.

A contagion is:

harmful or undesirable contact or influence.
the ready transmission or spread as of an idea or emotion from person to person.

Edited by eon, 14 September 2016 - 09:17 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#338 Dr.Cooks

• 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

Hey i just received some ro-25-6981 in maleate form and I'm planning a small test dose. This threads pretty old but does anyone know if it's orally active or how it needs to be administered. And has anyone found any papers that would let me extrapolate what a starting does should be?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users