Apigenin Experiences?

apigenin

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

I've tried the Swanson Apigenin for months at a time. As with most supplements, I felt nothing, but I never thought I would. I've stopped because of the cost mostly. If there is a way Dried Parsley leaves can be substituted / processed with any useful bio-availability - that would be great. I can get 1 lbs bags of the stuff - bulk dried parsley leaves - for a few dollars each at a local discount store, when it's available.

No idea about dried parsley. Parsley in general is pretty cheap, a lot less than a dollar per 100g depending on your store.

Someone asked for sources but really, Google is your friend.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16407641

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3850025/

#32 Oakman

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

Dried parsley is the crème de la crème as far as apigenin content is concerned. By weight it’s 4.5% pure apigenin! 

"L also found out that dry parsley actually contains a higher amount of apigenin than fresh parsley. She calculated that 2.4 grams of dried parsley has the same amount of apigenin (300 mg) as 100 grams of fresh parsley.  She didn’t stop there. She went into her kitchen and did some measuring for us (love that!). She calculated that each gram of dried parsley yields 135 mg of apigenin. And one gram of dried parsley = two level teaspoons. So that seems to be an easy way to get more apigenin into our body. I mean, two teaspoons of dried parsley added to a glass of water (L tried it and reported that the taste was okay) will give us 135 mg of apigenin, based on L’s calculations. "

I'm not sure these calculations are correct...nevertheless...dried could be the way to go. Just don't overdo, as apparently there are some toxic effects to parsley in larger quantities.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

Almost any herb is better in dried form, the concentration is trough the roof. Keep eye on Mexican oregano, i got amazing source of amazingly potent and fresh oregano, it has on average ~ 900 mg/100g luteolin, the source i use is insane, you can smell it trought packaging, and i bet in everything i got that it has MORE then that, the seller told me that a serious company bught from him, they analyzed it and found something that wasnt present in their other samples ( you can bet it was high amount of luteolin)

Non irritated with good farming practice sources herbs only, IMHO from intensive research, the most potent single flavonoid ever found, even better then resveratrol/curcumin. I use it 3x2g/day, the benefits are insane.

Edited by dazed1, 06 February 2018 - 11:29 PM.

#34 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

Non irritated with good farming practice sources herbs only, IMHO from intensive research, the most potent single flavonoid ever found, even better then resveratrol/curcumin. I use it 3x2g/day, the benefits are insane.

Can you tell us what benefits you've seen?

#35 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

Dried parsley is the crème de la crème as far as apigenin content is concerned. By weight it’s 4.5% pure apigenin! 

"L also found out that dry parsley actually contains a higher amount of apigenin than fresh parsley. She calculated that 2.4 grams of dried parsley has the same amount of apigenin (300 mg) as 100 grams of fresh parsley.  She didn’t stop there. She went into her kitchen and did some measuring for us (love that!). She calculated that each gram of dried parsley yields 135 mg of apigenin. And one gram of dried parsley = two level teaspoons. So that seems to be an easy way to get more apigenin into our body. I mean, two teaspoons of dried parsley added to a glass of water (L tried it and reported that the taste was okay) will give us 135 mg of apigenin, based on L’s calculations. "

I'm not sure these calculations are correct...nevertheless...dried could be the way to go. Just don't overdo, as apparently there are some toxic effects to parsley in larger quantities.

Not entirely sure about this, the references aren't exactly to published research and the citations on these blog sites are also not pointing to any specific published research on apigenin levels in dried parsley. All it says is that "she calculated" this... how? Many of her "sources" are links to Mercola, Dr. Oz of all people, and even some FaceBook page.

However, I scoured Google and found a more credible reference within a comment on a Selfhacked article. 

https://www.ars.usda...lav/Flav3-1.pdf

Edited by Nate-2004, 07 February 2018 - 02:21 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#36 Oakman

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

^ Yea, I couldn't find any reference links in those articles that supported their comments, but given what you found,  "Apigenin (mg/100g fresh) -  215.46mg mean / 630.00mg  max", it does seem possible.

Edited by Oakman, 07 February 2018 - 02:34 PM.

#37 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

Can you tell us what benefits you've seen?

Libido, mood, instant calming of inflammation (almost fully) fixing any bloating and so on.

I use many things, luteolion is on top of everything.

Edited by dazed1, 07 February 2018 - 02:58 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#38 Black

• 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:38 AM

For apigenin, the best commonly available source for me is radicchio.  I can't find the list right now to source but it was number 2.  The top food I saw was Chinese celery.  It's not commonly carried around here too much but occasionally at Asian food markets.  I'm starting some seeds for summer however. It is looser growing than typical celery and has a much stronger taste.  The only supplement company that I've seen selling it individually is Swanson.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apigenin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users