• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

9-me-BC Regeneration of dopaminergic neurons?

dopamine parkinsons adhd nootropic anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#91 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

I'm very interested in the results people experience with this compound, if anyone else has anything to report.

#92 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:56 AM

Have anyone expirence any effects on their libido?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

Any updates. I'm interested

#94 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

No one is getting results. Hence the lack of any reports.

#95 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

I have been using it the last couple days and I feel effects from it. I have been snorting 15mg or so. I feel more focused and clear. I think people want to feel something amazing from drugs like this one akin to the first time taking adderall or something.

I think every good nootropic/drug can be used in conjunction to create a synergistic effect that will allow the individual to more quickly accelerate the development of their strength of perception; if they so choose, as it is mostly a endeavor that requires conscious effort.
  • like x 1

#96 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

Is taking it that way better than sublingual?

#97 KC_in_SD

• 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

Aren't there beta-carbolines in tobacco  (norharman and harman) and is this why tobacco seems to be protective against parkinson's and alzheimer's?

(I use Swedish snus btw). .

#98 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

Yes beta-carbolines are in tobacco.

Just read the thread.

But, at least, I dont know whether 9-beta-methyl-carboline is in tobacco and if, how much.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#99 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

I just want to through my few cents in here. I have been an avid nootropic user for a long time. I also was very hard on my body and brain in my youth (hard drugs). So naturally I have always wanted to 'repair' some of the damage that was done. Unfortunately most nootropics have dissappointed in this aspect. In order to function I have had to rely on adderall for years now. I was taking 50mg a day 2 months ago... 

There are a couple of exceptions. Since starting coluracetam I have noticed a few long term benefits I haven't experienced with any other racetam. Then I started nsi-189. It has been a mixed bag. Initially I was hyper emotional like ive heard others mention. It also seems to make me kind of sleepy or work against my adderall.

Then I tried 9-mbc. All I can say is Holy Crap! The benefits are so wide ranged and far sweeping I'm really not sure where to start. I have been taking it for about 2-3 weeks.

#1) I now take 20mg of adderall a day. And damn does it work well. I went from 50 to 20 in 1 week. and that was after I had to drive for 21 hours straight. Usually my tolerance skyrockets after all-nighters.  I've never reduced my dose that drastically.  I take 30mg 9-mbc along with my nsi-189(20-30mg)  2x/day. Memantine never came close to this kind of reduction in tolerance.  

#2) I noticed an immediate improvement of general coordination. I have always been clumsy to the extreme, probably due to my attention span. Suddenly I was able to multitask with my hands without thinking about it. By about day 3 my tremor disappeared. I have noticed much more 'body awareness' lately. When I close my eyes I no longer feel unstable. When I sing I can feel the vibration and can sense when I am on key(very rarely lol). I get tingles and goose bumps when I listen to music or see something cool. These things are all new to me. I am kind of shocked at the improvement

#3) Mood. Damn man. I have been dismally anhedonic, depressed, anxious and exhausted for most of my adult life. Satiety... I suddenly felt full somehow, or satisfied. My craving for nicotine and other substances has faded to background noise. Now I dont feel 100% better just by taking this stuff. I can still have a really shitty day. But I do feel REAL potential for a wider range of emotion. I feel at times like Im a teenager again and everything seems new or novel. I now have the option to feel like shit or focus on something positive instead. Before It didn't seem to matter... 

I am pretty sure there is a strong synergy between the 9-mbc and the nsi-189. I skipped the nsi for a few days and it was possibly a bit less intense, but its hard to say for sure.  

On a weird note, I tried giving the 9-mbc to my mom who has no problems with addiction and doesnt take stimulants. I thought it would make her feel great. For some reason she didn't seem to notice much aside from increased sweating. I gave her pretty high doses too(150mg a day for 3 days). But to be honest she never seems to notice supplements I give her. My brother who has a similar history as mine had a nearly identical response. We will both be taking this stuff for the forseeable future, if finances allow.

I do feel I should mention I ordered my products from tht.co, as others have mentioned that they ordered from them. I have to agree with the previous poster that tht.co has gone all out on packaging and presentation of product. Not to mention their price on nsi-189 was 1/3rd of what people were charging on ebay, and it was the phosphate! The completely glass light proof bottle and packaging alone are impressive.  

I have made several orders now and what really stands out is the consistency of the product. I have been ordering nootropic powders for a long time. Even the companies I trust seem to have varying product colors, density, moisture content etc. Each bottle usually looks a little different. With tht it has all been exactly identical. When I was nearly out of 9-mbc I ordered pretty late and decided to ask in the notes if they could please expedite my order(this is at midnight on a sunday). My order was picked up by usps at 6:30 am monday morning and was in my hands by wednesday at noon. Pretty damn legit considering I am not a big spender.

Oh and on my last order they even sent me a free bottle of a product that I had asked them some questions about.  Thought that was a very personal touch. 

I will definately update if anything changes, but thus far this is one of the few nootropics that hasn't pooped out on me and has provided real sustained benefits. Every day really feels a little better than the last. I hope it lasts!

Very interesting report, thanx for that!

Am I right in making the assumption then, that you were (or are) taking NSI-189, Memantine, 9-me-bc and Adderall all at once, without major negative drug interactions?

I'm asking because I plan on doing the exact same thing next month (except other stim than adderall, and only occasionally, also no coluracetam for me)

I would be great if you could give a short feedback and maybe an update if things are still going good for you - mixing two relatively new RCs among other stuff makes me a bit cautious - even though from the literature there shouldn't be any obvious interactions...

Edited by chris106, 19 October 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#100 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

Reached out to one of the authors of the 9-me-BC studies. At the moment their academic institution is not doing any further research on the substance. In addition to that, no pharmaceutical institution has expressed interest in it so far, dimming the chances for human trials.

On a brighter note, they are synthesizing a new substance (based on 9-me-BC) that they'll test too once ready.

• like x 3

#101 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

Royal jelly acids activate TRPA/TRPV1, also shown to rejuvenate the dopaminergic system and provide relief to dementia and parkinson's - especially where there is a dopaminergic deficiency in both of these terrible diseases. Although dementia and memory disorders have also to do with BDNF, glutamate, acetylcholine, serotonin and calcium channels as well....always a lot of stuff to look into! It's never as clear cut as people think. ;)

Specific hydroxy fatty acids in royal jelly activate TRPA1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19202272

RJ also downregulates prolactin mRNA,..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19202272

http://www.apitherap...Royal Jelly.pdf

http://www.spiritofh...evity-solution/

Edited by Area-1255, 30 October 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#102 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

am404 a paracetamol metabolite is also a TRPV1 agonist

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1751928/

#103 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Nice link area

Cannabis seems to activate TRPV-1 and TRPA-1 too

http://www.researchg...tabolic_enzymes

This indicates that TRPA1 might be responsible for the vasodilatory actions of THC in isolated vessels and establishes TRPA1 as an additional ionotropic cannabinoid receptor. Although anandamide does not promote TRPA1 activity, these results suggest that other endogenous cannabinoid-like compounds exist that may modulate TRPA1 activity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../books/NBK5237/

In regards of TRPA alone, Mustard, Garlic and other activate it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....port=objectonly

Edited by Flex, 31 October 2014 - 03:11 PM.

• like x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#104 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yes beta-carbolines are in tobacco.

Just read the thread.

But, at least, I dont know whether 9-beta-methyl-carboline is in tobacco and if, how much.

Syrian rue is an interesting compound...and one of the only histamine methyltransferase inhibitors around. Thus it prevents the breakdown of histamine while also being an MAO-A inhibitor..one would expect very profound dopaminergic effects by stacking this with pitolisant, and some other similar ingredients.

In fact, not only expect..they WILL notice immense euphoria coupled with a modafanil style wakefulness...

SYRIAN RUE PLUS CONESSINE OR PITOLISANT IS the ultimate dopaminergic cocktail ImHo...reason is because histamine h3 receptors are yet another inverse regulator of dopamine d2 activity..and blocking them results in acceleration of d2 agonism, increased d2 efflux , and receptor expression.... combine an mao-b inhibitor with this and you will become feeling like a  God in a couple short minutes. 

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#105 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

We are deviating from the topic and should discuss neuroregeneration / neuroprotection of dapaminergic neurons in a separate thread?

• Agree x 2

#106 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:23 AM

Any updates with this substance? Thinking of pulling the trigger

#107 mandaryn

• 41 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

I think a few of us were just slow to make the attempt. I bought mine from tht.co. I started taking 30mg twice daily one week ago. I made the decision because after years of treatment for ADD I found myself need to take amphetamine to avoid just feeling bad. Down-regulation doesn't begin to describe the situation, so I'm searching. I have a powerful desire to reduce or eliminate my use of this substance. That said, after one week I am very optimistic. Like a previous poster I have found the initial effect to be a marked reduction in the dose of amph required to get through my day. Even on approximately half the dose I was taking just one week ago I find that I am thinking about aspects of my life that I had not considered in years. There seems to be more of me in each moment and the internal dialogue I had lost has begun again. I need to continue this process to completely rule out optimism, or the placebo-effect as having any influence on how good I feel, but I've never been one to get caught up in lying to myself, and I have to say....this is pretty good. I can sleep and I dream! A lot! They're bizarre as hell, but it had been a long time since I was aware of having any more than the occasional dream. I am responsive to my family in ways I haven't been for some time. That's all I'll say for now, but I'll continue to give reports.
  • Informative x 2
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#108 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

I tried THTs 9-me-BC for a few days at single doses ranging from 30mg to 60mg.

To me it feels comparable to Wellbutrin - in that both just made me more anxious and irritable, without positive effects on motivation.

Even though I seem to need a raise in DA, the NE increase that comes with MAOIs seems to be contraproductive for me - allways has been.

Too bad, had high hopes for this one. Of course your milage may vary.

Edited by chris106, 25 November 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#109 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

I tried THTs 9-me-BC for a few days at single doses ranging from 30mg to 60mg.

To me it feels comparable to Wellbutrin - in that both just made me more anxious and irritable, without positive effects on motivation.

Even though I seem to need a raise in DA, the NE increase that comes with MAOIs seems to be contraproductive for me - allways has been.

Too bad, had high hopes for this one. Of course your milage may vary.

I've been using this for a week and a half now, it feels a bit like wellbutrin but With maybe more mental clarity.

#110 mindpatch

• 120 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

I think a few of us were just slow to make the attempt. I bought mine from tht.co. I started taking 30mg twice daily one week ago. I made the decision because after years of treatment for ADD I found myself need to take amphetamine to avoid just feeling bad. Down-regulation doesn't begin to describe the situation, so I'm searching. I have a powerful desire to reduce or eliminate my use of this substance. That said, after one week I am very optimistic. Like a previous poster I have found the initial effect to be a marked reduction in the dose of amph required to get through my day. Even on approximately half the dose I was taking just one week ago I find that I am thinking about aspects of my life that I had not considered in years. There seems to be more of me in each moment and the internal dialogue I had lost has begun again. I need to continue this process to completely rule out optimism, or the placebo-effect as having any influence on how good I feel, but I've never been one to get caught up in lying to myself, and I have to say....this is pretty good. I can sleep and I dream! A lot! They're bizarre as hell, but it had been a long time since I was aware of having any more than the occasional dream. I am responsive to my family in ways I haven't been for some time. That's all I'll say for now, but I'll continue to give reports.

You get a thumbs up for support.  A lot of us struggle with similar issues.  Great report and keep us posted.  We're in your corner. 

• like x 1

#111 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

i used all mine, higher amounts towards the end. if it was cheaper it would be something id use often. ~100mg doses are interesting. feels sort of like a stimulant mindset / mood. lower amounts probably still good daily for the other possible longterm effects

#112 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

Could you give more detail for those us not familiar with wellbutrin?

#113 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

Could you give more detail for those us not familiar with wellbutrin?

Like a stim type of effect, enhanced sounds, smells, mood, general overall feeling of quality of life - motivation etc. 

Everything seems brightened, hard to explain .

#114 aspiringsavant

• 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

I will be taking 1 gram tomorrow. Steven hawking watch out.

Attached Files

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#115 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

I suggest 100mg od, prolonged cycle. I did 3 grams so far, 100mg od, and it worked well. Stimulant feeling, which wasn't overly intrusive. Potentiated any stimulant and kept me noticeably more motivated and sharper. Keep in mind, I also take selegiline 5mg every 5 days.

#116 aspiringsavant

• 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:36 AM

I suggest 100mg od, prolonged cycle. I did 3 grams so far, 100mg od, and it worked well. Stimulant feeling, which wasn't overly intrusive. Potentiated any stimulant and kept me noticeably more motivated and sharper. Keep in mind, I also take selegiline 5mg every 5 days.

sublingual I presume?

#117 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:46 AM

sublingual I presume?

oral. beta carbolines have good oral bioavailability

#118 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

Wouldn't that be the whole container? O.o

#119 aspiringsavant

• 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

That was the plan. Go big or go home.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

That was the plan. Go big or go home.

Better watch your blood pressure.  :-D  :ph34r:  :sleep:

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, parkinsons, adhd, nootropic, anhedonia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users