• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

9-me-BC Regeneration of dopaminergic neurons?

dopamine parkinsons adhd nootropic anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#181 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

Mine is coming soon I will take it concomitaly with curcumin to avoid the potential increase of irritability that I use to experiment with dopamanergic molecules and because Curcumin Rocks^^

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • like x 1

#182 ΨChemicist

• 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

Thought I'd share my experience with this substance. I originally ordered this just to pad out an order for 7,8 DHF and pitolisant and make the shipping worthwhile. Funnily enough it turned out to be the most impressive of them all.

Being an MAO-i I decided to be a little more cautious then usual and took a 2 week washout from all other substances before starting this one. I found a 30mg dose each morning to be most effective for me, which I stuck to for 21 days. I regard this substance as being suited for short term use rather then as a daily supplement.

Now I have a history of of stimulant use in the past which I believe may contribute to why 9-me-bc worked so well for me, so those of you who haven't taxed your dopaminergic system may not see these results.

I noticed a slight mood lift and increased motivation which persisted throughout the day. This effect strengthened over the first 5-6 days of dosing and remained steady for the rest of the 21 day period. The mood lift and motivation was not extreme though, which was great as I didn't want to feel like I was on something. Any kind of stress response I had was amplified but the anxiety that usually accompanies a stressful situation for me was attenuated. This was particularly useful as when I use something like caffeine the anxiety that accompanies my stress response is usually greatly amplified and really gets in the way of my productivity.

This leads me to the most remarkable effect which I didn't notice until about 5 days after my last dose. I generally avoid caffeine as it just makes me nervous and uncomfortable, but when I caved in to a friends request to catch up for coffee I found my response had completely changed. I felt a pleasant stimulation without the uncomfortable anxious symptoms I have always had in the past. I tried some coffee again two days later and had the same effect.

I noticed that tolerance to all dopaminergics had greatly reduced and that like cafffeine they also felt 'smoother'. I have also found that while the 'afinils and pitolisant are quite useful they would cause a very slight headache that persisted for the day. This headache is no longer present after using 9-me-bc.

Overall I've found this to be a great substance, and I would definitely use it again.  

Mine is coming soon I will take it concomitaly with curcumin to avoid the potential increase of irritability that I use to experiment with dopamanergic molecules and because Curcumin Rocks^^

Babychris I'd love to know where you've managed to source 9-me-bc as I haven't been able to find it again to reorder :(

• like x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

Anybody know where I could get this substance? I know tht.co once sold it but they're no longer in service.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#184 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

Just to chime in with an experience I had a few months ago.

I stupidly used this with cannabis and started sprinkling some of this to cannabis I was smoking. After a few days doing this, I ended up smoking some cannabis as per usual (without 9 meo) and something strange happened. I started to feel dizzy. My skin became cold to the touch and I began shivering. Breathing became difficult and I had chest pains. I rode it out and the next day I felt better. But after that whenever I smoked cannabis it was no longer enjoyable. I ended up stopping my cannabis use after this.

It's been about 2 months then and I'm fine but I still can't seem to enjoy cannabis. 

Extremely stupid of me to abuse the compound like this. I would not reccomend inhaling this compound. I got the idea because it I read that it was naturally present in cigarette smoke. It's possible that my episode was due to widthdrawl, and I theorize that if i take some I might be able to enjoy cannabis again, but I think it's probably for the best that I stop using this compound. 

As for long term effects. I find sexual stimuli to be slightly less enjoyable that before, I so I think it's possible that I'm still in widthdrawl/there has been some damage. That said I feel fine.

I still think this substance has value, just don't be stupid like me and abuse it.  

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#185 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

I stupidly used this with cannabis and started sprinkling some of this to cannabis I was smoking. After a few days doing this, I ended up smoking some cannabis as per usual (without 9 meo) and something strange happened. I started to feel dizzy. My skin became cold to the touch and I began shivering. Breathing became difficult and I had chest pains. I rode it out and the next day I felt better. But after that whenever I smoked cannabis it was no longer enjoyable. I ended up stopping my cannabis use after this.

It's been about 2 months then and I'm fine but I still can't seem to enjoy cannabis. 

Extremely stupid of me to abuse the compound like this. I would not reccomend inhaling this compound. I got the idea because it I read that it was naturally present in cigarette smoke. It's possible that my episode was due to widthdrawl, and I theorize that if i take some I might be able to enjoy cannabis again, but I think it's probably for the best that I stop using this compound. 

As for long term effects. I find sexual stimuli to be slightly less enjoyable that before, I so I think it's possible that I'm still in widthdrawl/there has been some damage. That said I feel fine.

When you used it with the cannabis, did it have additive/synergistic effects?

Did it enhance the effects of cannabis?

Edited by Area-1255, 08 April 2015 - 12:51 AM.

#186 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:24 AM

Yeah It definitely made cannabis more enjoyable. It is possible that the act of combusting and inhaling increased the absorption of 9 meo drastically which lead to the side effects.

• Agree x 1

#187 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

Any updates on a source for this? 

tht.co still down

#188 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

How about a group buy ?

Perhaps some people from reddit could participate too

#189 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

Any updates on a source for this? 

tht.co still down

It's very disappointing they are still down*, they are a little late - about a week or two - but that's not what's bothering me...

What's bothering me is I haven't heard back from them after multiple e-mails sent...it's very unlike them..but; hopefully all is well and they will return with new surprises at the table...

#190 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

Why is tht down
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#191 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:53 AM

@ΨChemicist, personal early-adopter feedback on experimental substances are very valuable. Thank you for providing yours!

A question: did you, by any chance, check your blood pressure while taking the substance? Some people have reported elevation in BP while on 9mebc. I'm curious if it affected yours, both while taking it and now after your off of it. Thanks!

#192 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

It's been a couple of months now and the damage hasn't reversed itself. I would advise everyone to not take this compound. Stick to memantine for tolerance reversal or just avoid pleasurable activites to upregulate your dopamine receptors. The risk for under researched supplements isn't worth it at all. If anyone has any suggestions for fixing the damage please let me know. Especially someone with experience is Mao inhibitors. Thanks.

#193 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

It's been a couple of months now and the damage hasn't reversed itself. I would advise everyone to not take this compound. Stick to memantine for tolerance reversal or just avoid pleasurable activites to upregulate your dopamine receptors. The risk for under researched supplements isn't worth it at all. If anyone has any suggestions for fixing the damage please let me know. Especially someone with experience is Mao inhibitors. Thanks.

Did 9-me-bc damaged You ?

Because its a hassle to find Your report( given there is one), could You please provide a link to it or say in which thread ?

• Enjoying the show x 1

#194 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

I still think this substance has value, just don't be stupid like me and abuse it.  

Here is his report

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#195 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:09 PM

Thank You.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#196 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

Have you tried a different brand of cannabis? Is the only time you notice a difference when you are smoking that? 

#197 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

Have you tried a different brand of cannabis? Is the only time you notice a difference when you are smoking that? 

#198 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Stumbled upon this:

Concomitant activation of adenylyl cyclase suppresses the opposite influences of CB(1) cannabinoid receptor agonists on tyrosine hydroxylase expression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18992715

You´ve might decreased TH expression or accelarated it decrease respectively.

If You look for the Author Bosier B. You´ll find more explanations

http://www.ncbi.nlm....or_uid=22970888

Heres my thread about the decreasing effects of Cannabis on the dopamine system.

How to reverse Cognitive, Emotional and Motivational deficits caused by Cannabis/THC abuse

http://www.longecity...abuse/?p=729253

Read somewhere that THC activates Dopamine D3 instead D2 and thus surpressing locomotion but increasing hedonia.

furthermore Dopamine D3 deactivates DAT uptake, so it increases the Dopamine content.

Tough it might be just a downstream effect i.e. why Cannabis doesnt give the buzz

Hope this helps somehow

Edited by Flex, 24 May 2015 - 03:00 PM.

• Informative x 1

#199 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:27 AM

Guys, I hope this post won't get moved to the vendors section or removed by moderators, because it really needs to be seen here.

One of the more reputable and widely used vendors mentioned on these forums has hinted to look into stocking 9-me-bc if there is enough interest, and took my request very seriously (probably due to being a long-time customer) so I imagine  they would follow through on their word if more of us spoke up. Please let me know if I should share this information here and quote what they said?

I for one would love to see this marvelous compound become available and be third party tested.  ;)

Edited by pinnacle, 25 May 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#200 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

I guess I know who You mean.. Aynway, if the 3rd party testing turns out to be ok, it doesnt matter who sells.

I would like to know the quote and informations

#201 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:59 AM

I guess I know who You mean.. Aynway, if the 3rd party testing turns out to be ok, it doesnt matter who sells.

N S N, of course  :ph34r:

#202 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

N S N, of course  :ph34r:

Is that so, because I'm anxious to get this thing again.

My initial trial was for 3 months, and it work wonders.  I was in a better mood, more socialable and charming.  Except, for some strange effects I got everything was going well.

Side effects.

1.) my heart rate shot up after taking it for the first 2 or 3 days

And

2.) for some reason my body temperature went, up as well.

#203 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:26 AM

Cere have also mentioned they're looking at stocking...  :happy:

https://www.reddit.c.../getting_78dhf/

• like x 1

#204 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:02 AM

Any updates?

I want to use this to get off dexedrine. If it regrows dopamine receptors in the limbic system, gotta be some effect on libido, anhedonia, motivation etc.

Would be a god send

#205 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:31 PM

If anyone tries this and experiences noticeable help with depression and anxiety please inform me.  Specifically I am trying to address depression and anxiety associated or aggravated by long term S.S.R.I. use to treat what was congenital depression.  So if anyone is in the same boat and experiences anything I would like to hear about it.

I cant tell if you are talking about PAWS from SSRI discontinuation or the ongoing use of an SSRI?? In the first case, Maybe if you go through a course of half-cyproheptadine tablets, once nightly? and did you try a course of SJW Herb? In the second case, drop the dose of the SSRI, the rebound will feel awesome if its prozac.

• like x 1

#206 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:59 AM

Is there any place that currently sells this? THT is back, but they've massively increased their prices: http://tht.co/produc...beta-carboline/

Before going down to rebuild their site they stated that they were planning to focus on bulk suppliers and may not sell to small customers anymore, and they currently state that steep discounts are available for bulk purchases. It would be great if a vendor bought their best items, mainly 9mebc, 7,8-dhf, pitolisant, and GTS-21.

• like x 2

#207 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

Is there any place that currently sells this? THT is back, but they've massively increased their prices: http://tht.co/produc...beta-carboline/

Before going down to rebuild their site they stated that they were planning to focus on bulk suppliers and may not sell to small customers anymore, and they currently state that steep discounts are available for bulk purchases. It would be great if a vendor bought their best items, mainly 9mebc, 7,8-dhf, pitolisant, and GTS-21.

I haven't found any.  The best option would be for people to contact some of the already reliable source of noots that we know, such as NewstarNootropics & Ceretropics, for them to see the buyers' interest on this compounds.  This way other sellers would begging to carrying this compounds.

#208 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

My usual regimen is a weekly cycling between fasoracetam and low-dose(2.5mgXR)DA/artichoke/forskolin. Lately, I've been noticing some issues with motivation at my usual dosages. Instead of bumping anything up, I usually supplement with caffeinated beverages to mask the symptoms (energy != motivation, but its better than nothing). Its gotten to the point where I'm now consuming a far too unhealthy amount everyday. Because of this, I've been thinking about solutions that don't involve me taking 2 weeks off from work.

Earlier this year, I placed an order with THT for several different things. After doing some trials of each, alone and in conjunction with other therapies, I was dissatisfied with the acute effects of all of them and returned to previous regimen. However, I noticed after ceasing the trials that for about 2 weeks, there were some days I didn't need anything at all. Those 2 weeks have been in my mind since then as my ideal goal. I've re-trialed all the other substances, holding out on 9-me-BC because of... fear, I suppose. Of all the substances, it is the most likely to have caused what I saw, but also the one that I was most hesitant on initially, given the nature of the compound. 

So I'm back. Going to give just straight 9-me-BC (and maybe caffeine) a go for at least a couple weeks to find out of it was responsible for the changes, or if it was some of the compounding treatments as well.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but when I asked the vendor about solubility, he sent: "9-methyl-beta-carboline is soluble and stable in propylene glycol, alcohols, DMSO, and to a lesser extent lipids." 

Edited by zrbarnes, 03 October 2015 - 05:15 PM.

• Informative x 2

#209 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:55 AM

Been mixing 50mg of 9-me-BC with a drop of propylene glycol and a drop of ethanol into a gelatin pill and taking on an empty stomach for the past 5 days. Seems to absorb readily, though I can't much speak to the chemistry or pharmacokinetics of it. Hopefully its not too stupid. I tried sublingual but my taste receptors got majorly messed up from that... Also, I've cut back from my usual regimen down to just coffee and n-acetyl-l-tyrosine in the morning.

Definitely has acute stimulation effects that seems to be changing. For the first couple days, I combined it with some other stimulating compounds with decent effects. In order to fully make use of the (hopefully) therapeutic regenerative properties, I wanted to cease taking the other stimulating compounds as well.

The first day by itself was pretty bad. I had a stressful morning at work, which lead to having a completely agitated but non-motivated afternoon. The second day was a bit numb: awake and somewhat focused but no passion or creativity. Today has been the third day of it by itself and it was the best in terms of cognition, motivation, and mood. I didn't accomplish a lot, but I did stay mostly focused throughout the day and didn't want to run out of the building and never look back (which is how I feel on most un-medicated days).

My plan is to do a 10-15 day trial and then cease taking it. From there we shall see how I feel. 

I've been taking 3mg time-released melatonin and a couple grams of inositol at night, as well. Inositol also seems to have effects on D2 upregulation.

Hopefully this will stimulate some new discussion, as I haven't seen anything new related to this compound in a while.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:11 AM

I feel like I'm talking to myself... But just to update:

After a 10 day run of 9-me-BC, I've ceased taking it. I've made it through 2 days at work without any stimulants other than coffee and n-acetyl-l-tyrosine. Maybe that doesn't mean much to others, but normally I want to curl up into a ball after 2 hours at work or run away and never come back. The last 2 days have been productive and I've had a pretty solid mood lift. It feels great to be unshackled from chronic low motivation! I have always carried it around like a weight around my neck. It makes everything so much harder than it should be.

At this point, I've confirmed that 9-me-BC works to fix what is wrong with my brain on a longer scale than just while its in my blood stream. It doesn't appear to cause any negative side effects (though who knows without comprehensive testing). I sincerely hope that more focus is given to this compound and other compounds with similar effects. It would be nice to not feel like I'm playing russian roulette with my brain while taking it.

That leaves me with the following questions in my mind: What will I do when my brain returns to baseline? What will I do when I run out? 

Edited by gizmodroid, 16 October 2015 - 12:13 AM.

• unsure x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, parkinsons, adhd, nootropic, anhedonia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users