• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

buyers club access to virtually anything truly rejuvenating (legal)

astragaloside iv nanocurcumin oleuropein gdf-11 c60

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Holy Guacamole, Primal, thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so damn busy with cancer it's hard to keep up - I thought GDF11 was the cat's meow, but this blows it away.

http://www.rexresear...ir/sinclair.htm

Although......it may be that both are really needed. I need to find that link again to the paper about the 6 differences between old and young blood in the parabiosis studies. And, it could be that GDF11 causes a gradual upregulation of NAD.

But, hey, if I can make myself 40 years younger in a week, heck yes.

The compounds are well known, it's just the cost to make them. And, of course, keep in mind that costs are always relative - the costs of producing something for the commercial market, with all the precautions involved and regulations to satisfy and filings to be done, etc, etc, etc - all necessary for sale to the general public, hell yes - but those costs are not even remotely the same costs involved in making something for personal use. As I said before, this is where a club becomes handy. But I never meant a wide-open buyers' club on a forum, I was starting somewhere on the idea-spectrum until the picture clarified. So, I think that's out for now, unless it could be legally set up and protected...hard to do. So, in terms of practicality, I don't think we're anywhere near close to making a wide-open buyers' club a reality, but a small group of Berserkers...that's doable.

Welcome to the Viking Ship; pillage awaits. I think there are three of us, but there are a few more who maybe haven't declared themselves. Or, maybe you don't want to come aboard, you just want to be helpful from the sidelines. THAT'S GREAT WITH ME, I really appreciate the tip, it's a wowser, truly a wowser.

Lemme talk to my chemist colleague and my micro colleague. I suspect that this compound can better be made using bioreaction methods, rather than glassware chemistry, most efficiently; I happen to have a giant SS Braun bioreactor that I've been hording for years, maybe this is finally the good reason to wheel it out and fire it up.

Very Best, Synchro

Edited by Synchro, 23 June 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#32 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Finding various and sundry discussions on NMN and workarounds.

Not clear to me yet whether NMN or NMN/NR is the better way to go; it's also about feasibility.

This forum discussion is a hoot, very funny, some great jokes, loved it, came to nothing, but some good laughs on the way:

http://www.reddit.co...ld_lead_to_new/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

You were about ready to inject yourself with GDF11 until you heard about Primal's suggestion; now you have jumped onto the next best thing. To most this does not sound like a serious level headed explorer, it sounds like a drunken ranting captain of a ship that is doomed rapidly taking on water. 

Maybe this is why people are not interested in align with your insane half baked plans. 

• like x 6

#34 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

decided to start the creatine today. no reason not to. great rat study; long hx of safety, what's not to love? and, interestingly, it's right in the same category as NMN in terms of addressing mitochondrial aging. It is also interesting to me that NMN affects all 7 of the SIRT genes, that's impressive. So, MNM may be a more direct way of doing the same thing as GDF11, it may be a shortuct. On the other hand, I also suspect that this may not be a complete shortcut; GDF11 and MNM together, in the correct ratio (unknown yet, but by God I'll find out in my own body lol), is probably more optimal. But, in any case, no reason not to start the creatine. I went to www.lef.org, because I have a wholesale acct there anyway, but I didn't like their products - didn't want capsules, didn't want creatine also filled with glutamine, so decided to just vitacost it, vitacost is damned hard to beat, free shipping, next day, criminey, what's not to like?

http://www.vitacost....nohydrate-35-oz

the question remains whether to inject the C60. Probably. 

At this point, what I foresee is the following combo:

GDF11 as soon as feasible

NMN as soon as feasible; titrate dose up carefully

creatine, 20 g a day for a week, then 12 grams a day thereafter, divided QID

C60......

and everything else, but these look like the current stars....

Very Best, Synchro

PS: I see apologies are in order. I apologize. My original title for this thread was unintentionally but bone-headedly misleading. I was just getting a starting point; I am extremely process-oriented, and I am happy wading into a river at any point on it's bank...if I end up needing to get back out and go upstream, it doesn't bother me, but I can see it freaks others out. If I could start the thread over and re-title it: "Berserker seeks fellow Berserkers" I would lol. So, all help and tips and honest cautions are welcome, it's all part of the river. Far too soon to talk about a buyer's club or even an Explorers Club, right now I just want to brainstorm about a possible small group of Berserkers, a cadre that may grow into a true rejuvenation club.

Edited by Synchro, 23 June 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#35 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

I don't want to sound like an asshole, I really don't but have you ever been diagnosed with Bipolar Depression?

• like x 3

#36 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

thanks, gt35r, no worries, I don't care how I sound to you. 

If you had paid attention, you would see I am not talking to you; you're not a Berserker. And the Berserker protocol I'm working on is a work in progress until I have all the pieces of the picture together...and even then it's a constant work in process lol.

I haven't jumped from anything to anything, I'm just adding and perhaps mixing as I go, in brainstorming mode. In brainstorming mode, you consider all possibilities. 

Have a good life, however much you have left. with luck, you have plenty, and you'll get to benefit later on, of course at no cost to you, personally or financially, from those who are the willing...nay, eager.

Very Best, Synchro

#37 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

Syncho, how do you plan on resolving issues regarding Advanced Glycation End Products, Lipofuscins formations, and Glycosylation of ECM.

I am not saying this as a criticism I am actually interested in your opinion.

Are you willing to consider using ALT-711 and some of its sister compounds? 

What is your opinion on using Beta-alanine to increase intercellular carnosine capacity? 

Also, you said you are a physician but would you consider using a mild to moderate TRT dose if needed?

Thank you.

Off note,

I am 25 and I would be interested in using some of therapies for early intervention (like C60, Creatine, ...) but I am not yet convinced that C60 is effective. If you were me would you use C60. I have no health issues. 

#38 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

lol.  no, not bipolar.  just extremely process oriented and I tend to do the following:

contemplate, observe, meditate, gather info...and wait.  When the time finally hits, I tend to go from 0 to 100 mph in a few seconds, because I've been waiting for "critical mass" to be accumulated.

It seems to me that I finally got around to wading back into this river at a point where the "critical mass" of discoveries are accumulating in a big hurry, and I see no longer barriers all around but unbelievably exciting opportunities all around.

For me, I have come to the turning point: I'm 63, I'm terrified of 73 - I've seen what it looks like, and it SUCKS - and it has not been lost on me that most of the anti-aging work has emphasized small increases  in lifespan by starting in young rats/mice. That is really scary!!!!

However, with GDF11 and MNM, we now have an entirely new proposition: turning back the clock aggressively even at an old age. But, I hasten to add, I still am very much afraid there are diminishing returns with too much old age - not a point of no return, but points beyond which return becomes a helluvalot harder.

So, at 63, and I look at 73, and I sez to meself: "Holy crap, I better get on the stick, this is getting scary - when I look at 73 year olds, I see people in seriously,perhaps precipitously, fast decline, already being ravaged by GDF11 (or whatever) deficienty. For ME, is it worth the risk to become a Berserker now....??? Yes. No question about it."

I invite ideas on the optimal "Berserkers' List" that is made up of truly aggressive approaches right...now...personal use, you understand....

so far, it looks like this (a repeat - just the star cast):

GDF11

MNM titrated

C60

astragaloside IV

creatine....

Very Best, Synchro

#39 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

What supplements and/or treatments are you already on or have been in the past?

I hope that chronologically you exceed 73 but biological never exceed 63. 

Edited by gt35r, 23 June 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#40 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Thanks, gt35r, I appreciate the thought.

I am happy to answer your question, it's a very useful one, and it will probably benefit some here with less experience (and less foolhardiness, lol).

Can't answer it right now - it's a BIG topic, I've been working on this for decades, but over the decades I've gleaned some good insights, I think, along with a serious list of very precautionary tales ROTFL.

More later.

Very Best, Synchro

• dislike x 1

#41 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

I can't say that I get the impression that you have been doing serious research on what you are considering taking. Or that you even read the forums here to find out what people have been doing or talking about.

If you had, you'd already know that astragaloside IV doesn't appear to work (and may in fact be counter-productive), and that cycloastragenol does appear to work, and is the active ingredient in TA-65.

Your postings don't appear to be particularly knowledgeable, you don't seem well versed in the current state of the art, you don't appear to have technical knowledge in the fields of biochemistry or chemistry in general, and you don't talk in the way that a scientist would talk about anything.

In fact, you seem far less knowledgeable and far less technical than many of the posters here.

That, plus a complete lack of any attempt to verify your claims that you have special access to anything makes this entire thread seem like a poorly-formed fantasy.

so far, it looks like this (a repeat - just the star cast):

GDF11

MNM titrated

C60

astragaloside IV

creatine....

Very Best, Synchro

• like x 7

#42 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

smithx is saying what many of us are thinking. I work in media and my biochemistry is weaker than many on this forum but if I don't understand something I'll look it up or post it as an open question. Synchro you might have the enthusiasm but you aren't coming off as the guy with the wherewithal to pull this off. And I'll be fair, under some circumstances that might be OK as long as you can inspire a group of us and put those people together who can. To be honest that inspiration isn't going to happen by throwing the F-word around as you did during your meltdown, at this point the impression I've gotten in this thread is poor.

• like x 3
  • Agree x 1

#43 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

Synchro looks almost like an isochroma spinoff. 

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#44 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

Hey, smithx, welcome to the party! Put on a party hat! Blow a whistle! Take a dump...oh, you did. Uh, next time, pssst, use the bathroom, don't poop on the sofa, OK, not cool, not cool.

Very Best, Synchro

Bryan_S, WHATEV dude, whatev...welcome, hey, take smithx's party hat, OK? (oh, psst, don't sit on the couch)

Very Best, Synchro

Now, to address a post that's really brilliant:

gt35r: brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's the most brilliant, truly relevent post on this thread yet. You have nailed it - I can't possibly advise a 25 year old, but I absolutely respect the quality of your thought and the integrity of your purpose, because, at 25, you are at the age where a few critical correct decisions can pay off in gigantic rewards over a lifetime, and you've immediately nailed the two central questions for a young adult: 

whether you should take creatine, and

whether you should use C60.

Now, let's talk about creatine first. This is such a great topic, because it is a PERFECT example of how straightforward facts can be seen in very different ways according to the lens that you look at them through.

Through the lens of how our culture worships athletes, the answer is a no-brainer: of course you take creatine. It's been proven safe over many decades, it improves performance without question, it's completely accepted, and it has new evidence that it is beneficial in ways never imagined outside the realm of athleticism. Your parents and your coach would cheer you. 

However, when we look at creatine through the anti-aging lens, all of a sudden everybody gets cautious. Why? It's not entirely rational, actually; it's just that now that we're in the mindset of looking at consequences over an entire lifetime, suddenly we're much more worried about longterm outcomes than we are when we consider a youth trying to get to the Olympics. it's cultural, not scientific or rational. The fact is that many Olympic athletes, as well as those who aspire to the Olympics but never make it, end up crippled in various ways for life. I know, because I've treated some of them. What do we do culturally? We applaud them, we praise their "great sacrifice", don't we? But, in fact, isn't it a little crazy to destroy your body to win a medal at a young age, long before you've even entered the middle of your life? But we culturally accept that without question, even though it really is a little crazy.

So, let's look at creatine through the anti-aging lens. The data looks strong: creatine appears to slow mitochondrial dysfunction, and it appears to lengthen lifespan. 9% in a mouse roughly equals 7 years in a human's life...that may not look like much to a 25 year old, but I can tell you that 7 years is a TON to a 63 year old; I'd gladly pay a million, if I had it, for the assurance of an extra 7 years.

Now, is it likely discoveries that will come along that will make your devotion to creatine, should you do it - it represents a lot of chugging over a lot of years, four times a day, every day, you know, and all the attendant expense over many years, it really adds up - a waste of effort? In this case, probably not - it is my own opinion that further advances will simply be additive or synergistic (more than additive) or complementary to creatine, so you'll just be that much ahead of the game. You may not have to continue creatine, but I don't see the cost or risk as excessive. By risk, I mean risk of wasted effort.

When we are young, we tend to think we have all the time in the world. So, we choose short-term pleasures over long-term, because humans have this irrational flaw built into them: we tend to be irrationally optimistic - so, we tend to hope for the best and have a false confidence we'll get it - and we tend to downplay negative consequences later on for self-destructive behavior now - both of which can, and often do, add up to very rude awakenings much later on.

However, any 25 year old that displays the guts and fortitude to embark on a creatine program in order to gain life extension is to be honored and taken very seriously; most young adults aren't even close to that level of seriousness and practicality about life. 

The next question is whether creatine has downsides. The big question here is the kidneys. so, it is essential to make sure you have good kidney function before you start, because creatine does put an extra load on the kidneys, no doubt about it. However, if the kidneys are healthy, is it really a problem? I don't think so, up to a point. If it were me, I would personally do creatine after having a doctor check my GFR - if my Glomerular Filtration Rate is good (easy to check: just get a CMP - Comprehensive Metabolic Panel with an estimated GFR - eGFR - and then I'd limit myself to no more than 12 grams total a day, in four divided doses - 3 grams four times a day; upon awakening, noon, supper, bedtime.

hmmm, i seem to be stuck in italics lol. oh well, onward.

Oh, good, I fixed it. onward.

while you're checking GFR, just check for diabetes. If you're not diabetic, and your GFR is fine, you're good.

One last adviso: don't be on a kidney drug. That would be HCTZ or furosemide (lasix) or a calcium channel blocker or excessive use of an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, lodine, etc) - those are nephrotoxic drugs, diuretics, blood pressure, pain pills, and you don't want to take creatine on top of a kidney-toxic drug, any of them.

Now, the final consideration: can you get off it quickly? If, for example, you suddenly found out that ACK!! EEECK!!! Creatine is no good!! (not bloody likely, in this case, but it DOES happen lol) - the question is...can you stop it quickly without harm? The answer is yes. You can stop creatine any time, it will be cleared out within 6 hours, and there's no hangover or tolerance effect. So, it's safe to stop quickly. That's always a concern of mine - if I find out I've goofed, can I get off the damn stuff in a hurry?

Now, on to C60. And that's precisely where the worry point is for me....I don't think you can get away from C60 in a hurry. it hangs on quite a while. Not terribly long, perhaps a few weeks, no? So, it's probably still OK, but it does give me some pause. I would suggest you look hard at the question of how long it hangs around and decide based on whether you think you can get off it quickly enough should it turn out to be a bad idea after all.

C60 has another interesting dimension to consider; it is very likely to be synergistic with creatine. Hmmmmmmmmm, now THAT'S interesting!!!! it is very likely that the two could give a much greater benefit than either alone. However, I must hasten to caution you that I don't think anyone has any idea whether that is true yet, it's just something that's strongly suggestive to me. You probably should wait until somebody gets around to doing the experiment: putting some mice on combined C60 and creatine.

however, just between you and me (shhh, there are some poopy-heads on here I don't want to hear this), if I were you...please note the IF....I personally would do this: I would start creatine, and I would establish some personal markers for how I was responding. Perhaps just body feel, perhaps some biometrics such as exercise tolerance - I am a great believer in body feel, but I've spent so many decades paying attention to what the heck something was doing to my body that I've developed it to a fine degree - but in any case, a new baseline on creatine that I feel confident about. Then I'd cautiously do a leeeeeeetle beeeeeeet of C60, and ..... wait. see. contemplate. meditate. ruminate. measure. think. reflect. consider....and then, maybe do some more...and take it a leeeeetle steppppp at a time, learning as I go. Maybe I continue, maybe i stop. 

Your post has also delighted me because I have a personal story to share that is perfectly relevant to you, extremely relevant to you and any other younger person on this fourm.

When Linus Pauling published his first book on Vit C in 1977, I read his book. And I took it to heart. And I said to myself: "My God, here's the greatest chemist of the 20th century, one of the greatest scientists of the 20th century, and he's a guy that has made a brilliant, courageous, profound insight - vitamin C is absolutely crucial to human health". I decided to take vitamin C religiously, every day, three times a day, from that day on, and now, four decades later, my decision is paying off.

Even though I have had diabetes for over three decades now, mostly due to a combination of really lousy genes and really, really lousy nutrition, because I took Pauling seriously and made a life-long change, I now:

do NOT have coronary artery disease - clean as a whistle, verified by angiography;

do NOT have kidney disease - the number one killer of diabetics

do NOT have brain disease (well, some would debate that lol)

do NOT have amputations - my feet and legs are not perfect, but I still got 'em...many diabetics would have had them amputated by now

do NOT have peripheral neuropathy...well, just a leeeeetle beeeet of peripheral neuropathy, but nothing that needs treatment, not like the patients I see who are in agony and will take any drug to take away the pain....

So, some early decisions matter for a lifetime, and vitamin C is one of them. I'll let you read up on it for yourself, you couldn't do better than to get Pauling's books and read them - but I'd quickly point out a few things about vit C. 

Vit C tends to be ignored, I think, because it doesn't have a direct correlation to lifespan. And that's true - there's no species-specific lifespan advantage to levels of vit C; dogs make more vit C in their own bodies than humans (by far), and it doesn't help them live longer. But, what vitamin C DOES DO is help you dodge the OTTCGY...."other things that can get you"....LOL, I just made that up, but I like it. I had a better one earlier, but I forgot it.

What vitamin C is critical for: improved brain function, greatly improved immune response to infections (white blood cells cannot effectively fight infections without vit C), heart protection, soft tissue and connective tissue strength, protection against viral damage (little known fact: if we would just give high dose Intravenous vitamin C in hospitals to people with viral infections such as polio, dengue, etc, we wouldn't need vaccines for them and we would be saving a lot of lives, but this will never happen within the current corrupt profit-driven medical system), and....on and on and on......

so, please, dear God, in addition to taking creatine, please take your vitamin C...at least 500 mg twice a day, but 1 gram four times a day is better. some cheap vit C's do cause flatulance (those made from sorbitol), and some expensive C's are absolutely not worth it (ester-C I have zero faith in as anything but marketing bullshit)...wish I could give better advice, I'm still strugging with what I think is the best source, for now I just go with Solaray and hope.

Anyway, back to Other Things That Can Get You.... when you get serious about rejuvenation/anti-aging, you have to consider the OTTCGY's - it's silly to get killed by a falling tree while you're taking creatine to try to live longer. So, when I decided I really did want to try to live forever, I had to give up motorcycles. Boy, did I hate to sell my BMW, but it had to go - I knew I had escaped death on the thing five times, no doubt about it, and I figured I was good for maybe 7 escapes-against-all-odds tops, so it was time to stop. If I make it to 300, I might say to hell with it and jump back on one, but for now...sigh, it's just not worth it.

Along the same lines, other things I have HAD to give up, some of them damn hard:

1. meat, eggs, dairy. Yup. they are all inflammatory, proven, no doubt, hard fact, tough shit. Inflammation drives disease, there's absolutely no doubt about it. As young adults, we think we can get away with it. We can't. The effects of inflammation are cumulative, and it def catches up with you over a lifetime.

2. don't have to give up whey protein. That's a lifesaver. along with pea and hemp proteins, and of course all the veggies.

3. excess sugar. yeah, that means ice cream at bedtime, but, hell, the dairy has to go anyway.

4. alcohol. occasional beer, occasional wine, but for now, until we have killer rejuvenation agents that laugh at toxins, alcohol really is a dangerous toxin; a recent article - some are good, not all of medicine is bullshit (just most lol) - showed conclusively that "there is no safe level of consumption of alcohol".

5. all oils in excess except coconut oil, ghee and very modest truly virgin olive. everything else is just not good for you, period. sorry. true.

6. staying up late. you really do need your delta stage sleep, and after 10 pm at night, you're just not going to get much. It matters, and it matters a LOT over a lifetime. No, you really can't fool mother nature, not when it comes to sleep. Someday, maybe we'll have a propofol-like strategy - start an IV, go to sleep for three hours, wake up fabulous, get back on it for another 21 hours....but not yet. We're not even close on this one yet.

Very Best, Synchro

• dislike x 1

#45 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

Do you have anything to reverse Alzheimer's/Fronto temporal Dementia? I have been dying for the past 6months.Getting desperate

Do you have any J_147 for halting the disease?

I am 55 years old. I want to live

#46 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

I ordered some C60 about a week ago. I am easily considering a low dose of it but I am going to spend another month of research to consider it. I hate false hope and I hate wasted money; I start MD school in September and I don't need another mode to hemorrhage money if it is unwarranted. 

I haven't read your post entirely yet but I will soon so I'll respond in more detail. 

#47 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

Do you have anything to reverse Alzheimer's/Fronto temporal Dementia? I have been dying for the past 6months.Getting desperate

Dear ceridwen, I don't have any specific knowledge on this, but I shall not leave you comfortless. When I get a chance in a few days I will review the condition and see if anything pops up that might provide hope.

For now, my initial response might seem weak, but I can assure you it does provide a foundation for slowing progression. 

There is one universal  that is profoundly true. I do admit I tended in the past, as a doctor, to kind of poo-poo the idea, but I was wrong. completely wrong.

The first thing you must do is downregulate inflammation. You can't do this with half-measures, you really have to go all the way. I don't have time at this late hour to explain in detail, but I am finishing a white paper that I can post in a few days on it.

For now, would you please take most of this on faith, do your own homework on anything you're not sure about, and do what you can?

We have had a terrible tendency in medicine to think in terms of "one disease - one drug", but that's actually a bullshit approach driven by the profit greed of commercial pharm companies.

While it is true that with eventual understanding we can achieve single miracle drugs, the fact is that we really don't understand hardly any diseases at the most fundamental levels, not really, and many of our so-called miracle drugs are really anything but.

So, starting wholistically, even if you think you already have, really is the most fundamentally sound approach we have to diseases such as those which involve brain inflammation.

to really get aggressive about downregulating inflammation in a truly real way, here's what you simply must do:

1. you really must go vegan. this is not new-age bullshit, it's hard fact. With one single exception I'll get to in a moment, every single animal protein on the face of the planet, when eaten by humans, causes inflammation. Period. I have a saying for this: "If it flies in the air, swims in the sea, walks on the earth, or digs underneath, you must not eat its flesh, drink its milk or eat its eggs."

1a. You may have whey protein, but only pure, organic whey, without any additives. you may also use pea protein and hemp seed protein, but in fact you can get all the proteins you need from just plain old veggies.

I use one of these:

http://www.vitacost....-powder-16-oz-1

http://www.amazon.co...e organics whey

2. you must not drink soda pop, whether sugared or artificially sweetened. Aspartame and acelsufame and sucralose really are poisons. I used to believe the bullshit that they're safe; they're not. especially not for you.

3. you must take every day: well over 3 grams of omega-3 oils. At this time - not perfect, but pretty damn good - I recommend 2 level teaspoons THREE times a day, of Carlson's high potency ultimate fish oil - you can get it from vitacost here:

http://www.vitacost....on-16-9-fl-oz-2

4. I highly recommend Cytokine Suppress from www.lef.org also; for you, two caps twice a day. It will thin your blood; caution if you're on coumadin....that would really complicate things. Cytokine Suppress really hammers down HMGB1 inflammation, which is an inflammation pathway that is normally ignored.

5. I would also recommend omega-7 in addition to the fish oil. www.lef.org has one called Provinal; I would take a gelcap twice a day.

6. You can also consider ashwaghanda as well as boswellia. I don't have specific rec's to make at this time, but if I were you I would include them, keeping in mind that I might change my mind later on.

7. you might benefit, in the middle of this, from a powerful - temporary - course of a steroid; I don't know, but you could check with your doc, a short course of high-dose dexamethasone with a fast taper and a very low-dose continuance, might...might, I don't know for sure right now off the top of my head, but it would be a consideration....provide a temporary improvement to buy time. I could be wrong about this; don't even think of it without the help of a really well trained doctor in this area of medicine, but I include it to be complete.

8. include plenty of beneficial fats, your brain needs them, big time. This means getting serious about the fish oils AND adding liberal amounts of ghee....party out with ghee, it's a truly healing fat for the brain; it's clarified butter with the milk proteins (casein) removed. I make my own clarified butter and add whey - or you can buy ghee - the same as clarified butter - and add whey protein to it. Just melt it enough to mix, not a bit above 105 degrees F, you don't want to denature the whey and mix the whey in. lottsa whey. it's yummy, and it's sooooooooooooooooo good for your brain.

9. of course, vit C is foundational. for you, 1 gram four times a day. The brain concentrates vit C, and there's a reason. a few million reasons.

I'm sure there are things I've left out, but perhaps others on this forum may wish to add on.

does this help?

Very Best, Synchro

• like x 1

#48 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

I do from a life extension standpoint everyone on this board should be taking high dose omegas 3s and omega 7 with astaxanthin and supra supplemented krill oil( get a 90 caplet bottle and take it bi daily with your fish oil ) (far too weak w EPA and dha as a standalone ) but with all the bio available phospholipids and added astaxanthin ( not a replacement for a good quality astaxanthin supplement at 816 mgs dosed bi daily with fish oil)
Along with curcuminoids(with gingerols and bioperine)

The best augmentation too this in the world is a cycle of one month quercitin and resveratrol(they build up quite a tolerance) with two months boswellia as a Supra charged cox augmentation

Boswellia acid extracts are unrivaled

#49 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

Could you get me SIRT1? Could I have a quotation on it first please but hurry cos I'm fading fast

#50 Primal

• 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

From the posts in other threads NR should be available in bulk within months, stabilized with chloride. So I think I will wait for that instead of trying to get my hands on lots of pure niagen with no fillers 

check out that stuff. Boosting cerebral NAD (a lot, not by a few %), together with improving your methyl cycle (5MTHF, B12) and boosting a few other vitamins (potentially A, B6, etc) and you'll be pristine. Also reduce your ejaculations, they suck your cerebral spinal fluid's key components away from you

#51 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

Rampamycin is another good drug

#52 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

EVP-6124?

#53 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

I do from a life extension standpoint everyone on this board should be taking high dose omegas 3s and omega 7 with astaxanthin and supra supplemented krill oil( get a 90 caplet bottle and take it bi daily with your fish oil ) (far too weak w EPA and dha as a standalone ) but with all the bio available phospholipids and added astaxanthin ( not a replacement for a good quality astaxanthin supplement at 816 mgs dosed bi daily with fish oil)
Along with curcuminoids(with gingerols and bioperine)

The best augmentation too this in the world is a cycle of one month quercitin and resveratrol(they build up quite a tolerance) with two months boswellia as a Supra charged cox augmentation

Boswellia acid extracts are unrivaled

ultravioletbllc, thanks so much, I am really looking forward to looking all those tips up. 

what I am seeing here this time around is that there are "golden spirals of synergy" coming together; years ago all of us were all over the map, but now as more research emerges, concensus is emerging. I used to take astaxanthin and then somehow gave it up, don't even remember why, probably one of my excursions into Indian Medicine territory and it was just too damn hard to keep it all together. 

The one thing I'm leery of is resveratrol. I admit I'm being mostly intuitive, which is anathema to some here, but I really get the sense that resveratrol is one of those early discoveries everyone gets all excited about but it never really turns out to be the real deal, and it hangs on forever from the initial excitement but not because it actually works all that well. God knows I could be wrong, but it seems to me that NMN, for example, so completely blows resveratrol away that why would I even bother with it, if I can set my sights on the goal of getting to NMN, which I can double-damn-guarantee you is in my thoughts and intentions now 60/60/24/7 lol....

#54 Synchro

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

EVP-6124?

ceridwen, as I said, I have no specific knowledge on your condition or access to the specific agents you are mentioning.

Because I feel for you, I will look them up, but it will take weeks, now that I see the list. I am always working hard to expand my knowledge - some of what I know is focused and deep, much of it very shallow and broad, and sometimes the two come together beautifully, sometimes the latter leads me into a swamp. 

However, you are beginning to make me suspect that you might be full of bullshit and just doing this to try to make me into a fool. I don't mind being made into a foot, the only person who gets hurt is the idiot doing it, not me, I always learn something useful, but I have obligations that come before you, so as I get the feeling you're just deceiving me my interest in your so-called plight will wane.

I do so wish I could go back and start this thread over, or retitle it, or kill it and restart, because I can see that to you the title promises something I did not intend nor can fulfill.

You said nothing about my post. If you're not willing to embark on a true anti-inflammatory course, you're not serious, you're just stuck in the "one disease one drug" bullshit model, and I don't have time for that bullshit.

Interesting note to anyone else interested: I couldn't help being amused this morning by the big TV push on Paleo Diets, showing a guy who claims the Paleo improved his MS.

This is actually very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know why it works, but it brings something up I have been wondering about for a long time: that possibly raw flesh is not inflammatory at all. 

I need to dig into research on this. I notice - in addition to the matter of raw flesh - that there are three very important additional features of the paleo diet that go right along with the idea of the vegan diet:

1. no milk / dairy.   why?  well, if you go with the idea that raw flesh protein is not, after all, inflammatory, you can't hardly get raw milk / dairy....so by default the Paleo protects you from (ugh, denatured) casein.

2. lottsa lottsa lottsa veggie and only whole fruits - well, at least THAT'S a no-brainer for anyone who can spell the word enzyme

3. no or hardly no grains. I admit I still sneak some grains, but honestly, and this is what makes the vegan diet so hard, I don't think grains are good for humans at all, at all, at all. that carb load is inflammatory, it really is. we need more elucidation about the interplay between carbs exacerbating inflammation due to flesh...I do know, for example, from hard personal experience, that there's no better way to cause a huge inflammatory flare in my body than to eat barbecued ribs. Hooooo BBBBooooYYYYY!!!!! I'll be flat on my back for two hours from the pain, that delicious combination of sugar and meat. A final note on this bit of a mystery: the China Study appeared to show unequivocably that, in the absence of flesh, huge amounts of rice don't hurt you. Here we have native Chinese living into their 90's, eating mostly veggies and rice all their lives, without the diseases of aging, and they only eat meat once a week. So, what does that make me think? It makes me think that flesh is the worst offendor, if you cut that out the grains aren't so bad. But it still leaves the puzzle of whether grains are really good for you unanswered. And, then, how the hell does the Paleo fit into this? Perhaps it is true that my early intuition that the difference really lies in whether the flesh is cooked or raw....I don't know. Definitive info on this would be deeply appreciated.

Very Best, Synchro

#55 IpolitBender

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

Synchro
When you say don't drink alcohol are you referring to methanol?

#56 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

Could you get me SIRT1? Could I have a quotation on it first please but hurry cos I'm fading fast

ceridwen,

I've read all of your posts on longecity.org. Do you have a family member or friends with you at home? Have you involved them in what you are seeking?

Edited by Bryan_S, 25 June 2014 - 06:46 AM.

#57 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

check out that stuff. Boosting cerebral NAD (a lot, not by a few %), together with improving your methyl cycle (5MTHF, B12) and boosting a few other vitamins (potentially A, B6, etc) and you'll be pristine. Also reduce your ejaculations, they suck your cerebral spinal fluid's key components away from you

We should have the decency to acknowledge that Ceridwen has been given a devastating diagnosis (fatal illness, no known cure, very little available that will ameliorate the course of her illness in any meaningful way).

I think it is immoral for people on this forum to be throwing out suggestions for treatments that are not evidence-based. Suggesting she will be "pristine" by taking a few B vitamins or a NAD precursor (or by reducing inflammation) is cruel and offensive.

Edited by blood, 25 June 2014 - 06:12 AM.

• like x 2

#58 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

I can't rely on my family to continue researching things that will help slow the disease down. When I am too far gone to do the research myself

I cannot rely on my family to keep researching things to slow the disease down. I am beginning to lose the concentration to keep medicating myself also. Once that happens i expect my decline to be fast. I have been keeping myself here by slowing the process down but that is all the supplements do slow the process down

I really thought it was curable at one time but it is not. This disease erases the conscious personality

Thiis disease is much more than getting a bit forgetful or a bit dizzy. Those things happen but what is really going on is the erasure of the consciousness. Erasure of the personality. It is horrible to think about having a living death. Unless and until there is the possibility of reversal of that process it is pointless keeping people alive who have gone past a certain point. That will become an increasing burden on humanity unless we find that we can actually reverse the disease which I believe we will be able to do one day but that might take hundreds of years? I don't know why people persist in doing that when there is no cure. I tried everything  that was suggested and it does slow the process down but not for long.

#59 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

Thiis disease is much more than getting a bit forgetful or a bit dizzy. Those things happen but what is really going on is the erasure of the consciousness. Erasure of the personality. It is horrible to think about having a living death. Unless and until there is the possibility of reversal of that process it is pointless keeping people alive who have gone past a certain point. That will become an increasing burden on humanity unless we find that we can actually reverse the disease which I believe we will be able to do one day but that might take hundreds of years? I don't know why people persist in doing that when there is no cure. I tried everything  that was suggested and it does slow the process down but not for long.

Have you noticed changes in your personality (apart from memory)? I agree, it's horrible to think of one's body alive when the mind is gone.

Edited by blood, 25 June 2014 - 08:07 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

Thank you for trying to help me Syncro. I really do appreciate that. I think Alzheimers is a disease of the microtubuales of the brain for that is where the consciousness is situated. I don't think you should give up the thread. Rejuvenation medicine is great. The most useful thing I tried was fish oil but the disease is rapid and virulent.I took it in the very early days thanks to the Longecity site. I would have died without it. I do think that because of that I cannot go on a vegan diet but I do not swallow the capsules I bite them and just swallow the oil. No what I am looking for is substances that are currently going through clinical trials that i can't get anywhere else. Substances that are at least in stage 2 trials that could be synthesised. Things that look as if they will be able to reverse the disease not just slow it down. That's what I am looking for also any drugs currently under investigation available elsewhere that could actually slow or reverse the cognitive symptoms other than Levitiracetam or Citalipram that would also be welcome. I think that you should go on with the tread Syncro if you really can get us age reversing drugs that would be great. Speaking from my own point of view I think anything that can reverse aging might also have the potential to reverse alzheimers for it is a disease of old age. Anything that might help with mosaic downs might also be welcome. I already take Noopept.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astragaloside iv, nanocurcumin, oleuropein, gdf-11, c60

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users