• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

oxytocin

oxytocin

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

Anyone know of a good source of Oxytocin. That would at least be shipped in a cold pack?

#2 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Just buy the powder and some bac water and reconstitute it. What is the legality of importing this stuff int Aus?

#3 tolerant

• Topic Starter
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Theoretically requires doctor's prescription. Schedule VI. I found a link on this forum: http://www.propeptid.../oxytocin-25mg/

But I was scared off because it seemed to be for injections. So I wrote to them asking, do you provide instructions on how to mix and inject? And they replied and said no, we sell to experienced users. But now I figure I can reconstitute it and use it as a nasal spray. It works out about 50 times cheaper than buying a nasal spray from a compounding pharmacy...

Still, what confuses me the most, I think, it that they sell 25mg with a 3ml bottle of sterile water. If I mix the two together and insufflate 0.1ml, which is a standard for nasal sprays, I still get a massive ~1mg dose (500 IU), while the typical does would be around 10 IU. So I don't quite understand why they sell at this ratio of water to oxytocin? And they sell the stuff in a vial used for injections, too, which means that the dose would be much more bioavailable. I understand that I can use more sterile water in the mix, but I'm confused by their package.

And another question I have is this: I know that oxytocin spray needs to be refrigerated. I assume that the powder is stable at room temperature, and I will only need to refrigerate it after I get my mix?

Edited by tolerant, 01 July 2014 - 09:57 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Lol, I ordered from these guys:

http://www.peptidebo.../oxytocin-25mg/

See anything familiar? I am still waiting for my order 6 weeks later so I am pretty doubtful of their honesty atm. I sent them an email today so will see what they do.

I can recommend these guys, I brought some err... other stuff from them and the stuff arrived within a week and I have ordered from them about 3 times.

http://www.peptidesc...es.com/oxytocin

I will probably order from them when I have sorted out the other order.

#5 tolerant

• Topic Starter
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, I'm a bit worried now. The oxytocin supplier that you recommend is at least 20 times more expensive per mg. Which kind of also makes me worried, although I know that oxytocin is usually enourmously overpriced.

Have you used it before? I am going to try it for my depression/anxiety.

Edited by tolerant, 01 July 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#6 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Injecting subq is not as bad as you probably imagine. Need to use short thin needles so there is no pain. (I use 8mm long 31G needles). Thought I would never be able to do it even once - now I don't stress about it. I was surprised that there doesn't seem to be any pain as the needle goes in. It certainly opens up some doors/options.

The mismatch with the bac water and powder is probably due to the seller and their promotion. I'd suggest something like 0.5ml per mg but the link I posted earlier doesn't mention mg, just 1200IU which I would speculate is 2.5mg. Just mix it to suit. Don't get too tied up about one vendor. Sounds like they may not be legit after all.

I would suggest keeping the powder in the freezer and the reconstituted stuff in the fridge. Don't worry about the temp when shipping, probably make very little difference.

#7 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

I have found that these things vary widely in price. My guess would be that the 25mg stuff is either not legit or not really as much as claimed  but I can't be sure, could just be the expensive stuff is a rip off. Anyway, I think 2.5mg will be enough for me to try and see if it even works for me. I haven't used it before but I am hoping that it will help me when I'm in difficult social situations. If it works for depression, then that is a bonus.

#8 tolerant

• Topic Starter
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

My order from peptideboys.com actually arrived. It was marked as having been opened by customs though. Very strange, seeing we're from the same city. I can mail you about 5 mg if you like.

#9 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

My order from peptideboys.com actually arrived. It was marked as having been opened by customs though. Very strange, seeing we're from the same city. I can mail you about 5 mg if you like.

Wow, thats awesome. Wonder why customs let it through, probably not too sure about it.

5mg would be really cool. How about I send you half a gram of 7,8 DHF in return? :)

I'll pm you my address and you can pm me yours.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oxytocin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users