phenylpiracetam drug testing doping antidepressant depression mental acuity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tigerbunni

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Hello all:

If this question has been asked and answered, or if this is the wrong forum I apologize.  But  I can't seem to find an exact answer to this question and I'm curious if one is even out there.

I plan to enter competitive sports around January of next year, but I've noticed my mental acuity has been falling off a bit (I blame getting old :|o ).  I was hoping to take Phenylpiracetam to help combat this mental decline AND combat this constant state of exhaustion that my Doctor is convinced is depression (FYI, I've taken every anti-depressant on the planet and not a damn one of them has yielded worthwhile result for any sustainable period of time).

One problem with this: Phenylpiracetam is a WADA-banned substance.  So, my question becomes this:  How long is Phenylpiracetam (aka Carphedon, Phenyltropil, etc) is detectable in urine and blood?

Anyone know anything about this?  In other words, how far in advance of a match would I have to stop taking it to avoid a "positive" result? :wacko: 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this.

Edited by tigerbunni, 11 August 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#2 Akasirus

• 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

While I don't know the details of how they are testing for it, a general rule is that a drug can be tested positive for up to 10 half lives. Seeing how the half life of phenylpiracetam is 3-5 hours, giving yourself at least 2 days would be a safe bet. However, if they test for one of its metabolites instead (not super likely), it's possible it could be detected significantly longer. Weed, for example, they test for a metabolite that hangs exponentially longer than the psychoactive components.

I don think you'd ever be tested for this substance though, unless you are playing at an extremely high level.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 tigerbunni

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hey thanks for that feedback!!!!  This is all good to know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenylpiracetam, drug testing, doping, antidepressant, depression, mental, acuity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users