- - - - -

Stimulant tachyphylaxis

modafinil ephedrine amphetamine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PhaQ

• 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

I've always developed tolerance to stimulants very rapidly. Of the stimulants I've tried, I'm very sensitive to my initial dose, then subsequent doses do nothing without abstaining for a significant amount of time. For example, yesterday I took a half dose of an EC stack; 12.5mg of ephedrine, and 100mg caffeine. That one half dose lasted all day and had me strongly stimulated. I had great focus, plenty of energy, and actually got something done at work. It was about as stimulated as I could be before side effects would be bothersome.

Today I took a full dose. That's 200mg caffeine and 25mg ephedrine. Then I took another full dose four hours later. I feel only slightly more stimulated than if I had taken the caffeine by itself. This kind of tolerance has happened my whole life.

Stimulants that have demonstrated tachyphylaxis in me:

Ephedrine with caffeine

Phentermine

Modafinil

Stimulants that haven't

Caffeine

Methamphetamine

I know the list is small, but I'm not really a stimulant user. I can't be, most of them poop out after only one day. I only used the methamphetamine fore about three days, because I really didn't like the idea of taking methamphetamine. I did notice a slight tolerance beginning to develop, but not the single dose tolerance like other stims.

Its seems the stims that cause this problem in me tend to be more adrenergic. Ephedrine is actually specifically mentioned by wikipedia as a supplement that can cause tachyphylaxis. Supposedly it drains the bodies noradrenaline and adrenaline stores quickly. What can I do about this? Will taking phenylalanine or tyrosine help? What about a COMT inhibitor? Could I be over methylated?

#2 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

My goal is to compile as much information as possible, so I may make it easier on me as well as others to find any and all data and information regarding this topic.

Not only to save everyone time from web-surfing, rereading already discovered info and well, from brain farts.

Those times when its impossible to word what you want to look for in google.

For the sake of Searching, I've made the tile very general, for easy direction from any search engine to this site.

- Also Tagged specifically for Preferred and Popular Stimulants for this topic.

- I will provide the Data, Posts, Information and sites that I have already found.

- I would LOVE to this discussion topic to full of Vitamins, Supplements, Herbs, Prescriptions, OTC, and Food/Drink Personal experiences & Professional data, research, info, studies, interactions and posts.

PLEASE  PROVIDE DIFFERENT AND NEW POSTS, DATA, EXPERIENCES AND INFO!!

http://www.longecity...ts/#entry745153

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modafinil, ephedrine, amphetamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users