Introducing Niagen from Live Cell Research

live cell research niagen

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hi, Ethan...still at about a 1g level... has anyone explored the sublingual approach (a few of us are doing this)

I read the comments to this article...very few were either thoughtful or intelligent...and the idea of enhancing cretins is...troubling. As species we're messed up!

Any reports from over 1g users?

No arguments on that one, Vastmandana - although we aim to try and help everyone increase their healthspan, cretins included!

A small percentage of our users report using over 1g daily, with one customer in particular using 6g a day. They typically report having noticed better results without side effects with the higher dosage, although we still recommend talking with your physician if you plan on taking more than 1g a day.

E
It would be really great if you could ping these users and let them know we have a "personal experiences" thread ongoing here....(link: http://www.longecity...erience-thread/ ) I personally would love to hear more people sharing their experiences, especially older critters like myself!

6g/day? wow! I would love to up my dose beyond 1g but it is difficult to afford the higher levels even at your 12 bottle super deal... any grander incentives/discounts for us adventurers would be most appreciated. Maybe an "internal" feedback collection group composed of adventurous spirits could be considered within LCR...

And, towards that end I hope someone is looking at nad+ cellular levels at higher doses to clarify effective dose relationships/impact of doses/timing of doses.... for example, if nad levels have a short half life, multiple doses thru the day would be the way to go....right? Cost effective consistant cellular levels should be the goal, or not? (I'm pretty dumb in this realm!)

Wow! At 6g per day, you would be better off financially buying the actual NAD+ product: http://www.biotivia.com/NAD+/MitoTrans

#62 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

Ethan, what is the rationale for taking a 3-5 day break between bottles? Is it biological (allowing the body to manufacture complimentary chemicals), psychological (to keep the effects noticeable), or something else?

Thanks.
  • Agree x 1

#63 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:44 PM

Ethan, what is the rationale for taking a 3-5 day break between bottles? Is it biological (allowing the body to manufacture complimentary chemicals), psychological (to keep the effects noticeable), or something else?

Thanks.

Hey M-K...As with any dietary supplement, individuals will typically notice a more noticeable effect when they "cycle off" something for a short period of time before resuming their regimen. However, there are no known disadvantages to taking it every day.

E

• Needs references x 1

#64 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

I've been taking NR for almost a year. Recently I used the discount to purchase nine bottles from Live Cell.
My question is about dosing...
Every vendor puts different mg's in each capsule, and all are vague about dosage.
Is there ANY research that supports any specific dosage in regards to NAD augmentation? it seems very gray and murky.
As far as I can see there isn't any human research that supports any specific dosage actually increasing NAD, let alone 250 mg.
How was the recommended 250 mg per day arrived at? Why not 125, or 1000?
  • like x 3

#65 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:17 AM

jive talking gobble gooble turkey, per Jim Harbaugh...

I'm at 1g/day

#66 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

I've been taking NR for almost a year. Recently I used the discount to purchase nine bottles from Live Cell.
My question is about dosing...
Every vendor puts different mg's in each capsule, and all are vague about dosage.
Is there ANY research that supports any specific dosage in regards to NAD augmentation? it seems very gray and murky.
As far as I can see there isn't any human research that supports any specific dosage actually increasing NAD, let alone 250 mg.
How was the recommended 250 mg per day arrived at? Why not 125, or 1000?

Hey Kev...

250mg is the current standard NR dosage based both on internal trials Chromadex has conducted, and cost-effectiveness in terms of production. Obviously, we are in the very early stages of NR supplementation, which is why many customers self-experiment with their dosage levels. From our feedback here at Live Cell, we’ve found that most customers see benefits at a daily dose of 250mg, but we are always evaluating and conducting internal discussions about varying this amount.

E

#67 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hey everybody,

Check out our website at www.livecellresearch.com/niagen. Be sure to check out the Documentary, that will explain everything you need to know about Niagen. And stay tuned - we'll be offering a special bulk buying offer for Longecity members in the coming days.

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

What is the status of the bulk buy offer?  Thanks. 

Up and running, APBT - here's the link to the offer: http://livecellresea...ity_special.php

Do you ship to the EU (Spain in my case) ? Your checkout page lets me choose Spain, but the shipping method does not change (USPS Free)

Hey mitomutant - our apologies, the order page can be a little confusing in regards to shipping overseas. The short of it is yes, we can ship overseas, but unfortunately it is very expensive, as it includes not only shipping but import taxes. I can't give you an exact quote, but if you want to provide me you email address and the order amount you are interested in, I can have someone from the shipping department contact you with a quote of what it would cost.

E

No worries, I will contact your support email address to handle this.

I have a full blown mitochondrial myopathy (single mtDNA deletion) and niagen seems like a perfect thing to try. By the way, if you are interested in a n=1 study of niagen for mitochondrial myopathies, let me know.

Sure, always interested in new info - pass it along please!

Finally got my 3 bottles shipped to Spain; great price, no problems with local customs. I have started at 250mg. Will report back in a couple of weeks.

#68 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

Hey there! We always offer discounts on 2- and 3-bottle packages of Niagen, plus free shipping. Check out our discounts here: http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php

I tried the discount code, but received an 'invalid' response for the 6 bottle special buy.

Ethan

I just checked out that link and there is a special discount code LIFESPAN for 15% off, so a 6 pack comes to $198.90.

I tried the discount code, but received an 'invalid' response for the 6 bottle special buy.

That discount code only applies to the regular order link that Eathan posted (http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php). So you have to buy two 3 packs. Also, if you are a new customer, you will get an offer for 12 bottles at 35% off. This will be in addition to the 6 you just bought. That comes to $366.48 or $30.54 each + tax (at least in CA). This is a one time offer. I went ahead and did it assuming I would return them under their 90 guarantee if they don't work for me.

Is this offer still working? 

Hey there! We always offer discounts on 2- and 3-bottle packages of Niagen, plus free shipping. Check out our discounts here: http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php

Ethan

I just checked out that link and there is a special discount code LIFESPAN for 15% off, so a 6 pack comes to $198.90.

That discount code only applies to the regular order link that Eathan posted (http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php). So you have to buy two 3 packs. Also, if you are a new customer, you will get an offer for 12 bottles at 35% off. This will be in addition to the 6 you just bought. That comes to $366.48 or $30.54 each + tax (at least in CA). This is a one time offer. I went ahead and did it assuming I would return them under their 90 guarantee if they don't work for me.

Is this offer still working? 

Edited by Amorphous, 01 January 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#69 SimbaLion

• 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

Trying to get myself a supply of NR...is there a discount offer live?  I'm not sure I follow the deal above...so I buy 6 bottles at $234 and then I'll get another offer for 12 more bottles?  Total of 18 bottles?  Not sure I want that much...any help appreciated.

#70 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Hey Simba - we are not currently running the 6 bottle offer, but you can always order 3 bottles at our discounted rate of $117. Here's the link to our order page:

http://livecellresea...m/order_now.php

Thanks!

E

#71 PerfectSeek

• 70 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

Why did my Niagen change color from one order to the next?  My latest order is darker yellowish/brown with more freckles.  My first order was more of a white/yellow without freckles.  

Thanks.

• Good Point x 1

#72 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

For the record, Live Cell Research honour their 90 Day Money Back Guarantee.

#73 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

Hey Perfect Seek - we recently changed our excipient from silica to rice bran, which is a more natural substance. That's probably what accounted for the slight change in color.

E

• Informative x 1

#74 PerfectSeek

• 70 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for the prompt response.  

#75 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

I find the addition of rice bran a little suspicious.

In contrary to Ethan's statement acoording to the lable that is still(!) on the Live Cell web site there was no expedient in the product formerly. Why add an expedient. Do you have something to hide?

It limits the shelf life also.

#76 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

I find the addition of rice bran a little suspicious.

In contrary to Ethan's statement acoording to the lable that is still(!) on the Live Cell web site there was no expedient in the product formerly. Why add an expedient. Do you have something to hide?

It limits the shelf life also.

Okay maybe that was a little too harsh. Nevertheless you should state on your website what's in the product.

#77 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

All supplements usually have some sort of expedient in them - we recently switched from silica to rice bran. I notified the website group, so the change should be reflected on the site imminently, if it isn't already. Thanks for the heads up!

E

#78 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

Correction - I said "expedient"; I meant to say "excipient." Sorry about that.

E

#79 SimbaLion

• 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

Got an offer for 35% off for taking a survey, but the link just gives me an error when I try to take the survey.  Anyone have the actual link?

#80 alc

• Validating/Suspended
  • 208 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

Got an offer for 35% off for taking a survey, but the link just gives me an error when I try to take the survey.  Anyone have the actual link?

Same issue here - the survey link doesn't work, though I wanted to complete it as I started to take Niagen a month ago.

Too bad they do not check these links, as it is good for clients relationship.

#81 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

I just got a rather breathless email from LCR. Peer reviewed publication of trial results pending. Did find this claim rather worrying.

And right now is absolutely the best time to stock up on this revolutionary new supplement, as we’re expecting a huge demand in a few months when the results of this study are made public.
To give you an idea of what we’re expecting...over the last week alone (after news of this successful clinical study leaked in the UK media) niagen” became one of the most Googled internet searches in the entire United KingdomThe Live Cell Research team is now scrambling to get our production ready to meet this international demand.

Except of course it didn't become the one of the most googled search terms at all. See here.

And a screenshot.

Spoiler

Why do vendors feel the need to try to hoodwink us?

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#82 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:06 AM

If you add NR and Nicotinamide Riboside to the search tends you get a graph... sorry I'm Mobil so I can't really see what it entails

Edited by Vastmandana, 04 March 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#83 SimbaLion

• 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

Yea, basically the graph shows that there are nearly no searches for Niagen or Nicotinamide Riboside as compared to NR, which I assume actually has nothing to do with people searching for HPN's name for their Niagen supplement or Niagen or Nicotinamide...

I wonder how they'll explain their little...exaggeration?

#84 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

It's a shame as this kind of behaviour tarnishes the field and brings to mind snake oil salesmen of old. Here's another gem from the same email.

....after news of this successful clinical study leaked in the UK media...

I wouldn't exactly call a press release on PR Newswire a 'leak'. 

IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ChromaDex Corp. (OTCQX: CDXC) announced today that the initial results of the first human clinical study for the company's NIAGEN® nicotinamide riboside (NR) has met its primary endpoint. The results demonstrated that a single dose of NR resulted in statistically significant increases in the co-enzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) in healthy human volunteers.

→ source (external link)

Anyway, sorry. Enough grumbling from me. I've actually ploughed through a couple of bottles of this stuff. I'm only in my early forties and didn't notice any difference on it, however after a few days off it I felt like something was missing. I am watching this space with great interest (also have tried MitoQ for same reasons and similar result).

Edited by boff, 04 March 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#85 SimbaLion

• 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

boff, did you take MitoQ alongside NR?  Or separately?  I'm finding that I'm having little, if any, noticeable results from taking NR.  It's been about 45 days so far at 250mg a day.  I'm not willing to go above that as it just becomes too cost prohibitive for me -- I definitely don't want to find out it works for me at higher dosages and then not be able to afford it.  ;)

#86 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

Hey, maybe they are just a little too giddy about the as of late unreleased study.
Maybe they know something we don't, or Live Cell is just trying to juice some sales...
Either way they are in business to promote what is their only real product..Niagen
Remember , there are increasing numbers of vendors that have made distribution agreements with Chromadex, so each one is now competing for sales. That benefits us, sales hyperbole aside....

#87 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

I can categorically say there has been no media frenzy over here in the UK about Niagan, NR, or nicotinamide riboside, as a matter of fact hardly anyone over here has heard of it/them.

I just did a UK only search for the past month and it comes up with 9 hits.......So much for "niagen” became one of the most Googled internet searches in the entire United Kingdom"

This guy is talking trash.

#88 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

Just to clear this up - I spoke to the researcher who found that information, and what we should have said was that Niagen is becoming a much more heavily researched keyword. Here is a screenshot of "niagen" trending worldwide:

Niagen.png

We apologize for the misinformation; however, speaking as the forum representative on behalf of Live Cell Research, I can tell you there is definitively keen interest in the UK for nicotinamide riboside...enough so that we are currently working out plans to deliver our first shipment across the pond.

The bigger picture here is the study mentioned in the email and its results. Dr. Brenner - a member of Chromadex's scientific advisory board - commented, "The results of this study constitute a significant milestone in the translation of NR technologies as it is the first time an increase in NAD+ in humans has been demonstrated through NR supplementation. As noted in numerous scientific studies, the potential health and therapeutic benefits of NR as a precursor to NAD+ are significant. The results of this clinical study should encourage more studies and research regarding the possible health benefits of NR in humans."

Nobel Laureate Dr. Roger Kornberg, who chairs ChromaDex's Scientific Advisory Board, commented, "Demonstrating that NR is an effective precursor to increase NAD+ in humans has significant positive implications and may be a cornerstone to developing solutions to delay or reverse the effects of aging, obesity and disease."

Again, apologies for anyone who felt misled. 

#89 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Ethan
What is frustrating is that the " commentary " from Chromadex doesn't say how much NR was used to increase NAD, and how much the unknown dose increased NAD.
Without that info, the press release is near useless for the consumer.
Is there any way thru your channels that you can get any more clarity?

#90 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

The study is currently being peer-reviewed for publication in a major journal. Until that time, unfortunately, the details of the study are under wraps. I can assure you we're just as eager as you are to get the precise information, and as soon as we do, we'll bring it to you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: live cell, research, niagen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users