• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

MY NOOTROPIC BUFFET [needs some diet counseling]

nootropic nootropic stack stacks smart drug coluracetam racetam adderall advice fasoracetam

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WordSm1th

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

(Preface: This is my first post here so if I'm breaching any Longecity etiquette [posting in the wrong place, using obnoxious caps in my title, etc.], please let me know.) 

So,

I’ve been scouring these forums for a few weeks now (scouring—as may be deduced when you see my list), accumulating the mini-pharmacy of nootropics below. I’ve experimented with various combinations/quantities, and while I’m sure I’ve achieved some results, I still haven’t found my sweet spot.

What I’m trying to achieve:

I’m a fledgling writer, but only able to fledge after my high-workload, stare-at-a-screen-til-my-eyes-bleed day job. I’m prescribed to 30mg Adderall XR/day, and I’ve been taking some form of amphetamine salts daily for about four years now. In addition, I’ve also been abusing them—using 2-3x my daily dose and procuring more illicitly to take on the side as well. In the past, they used to heighten my inspiration/abstract thought/emotions/etc., but now they just pretty much make me numb to emotions and don’t do much in terms of positive stimulation. I’d like to slowly wean off the Adderall, and also heighten my logical thinking, perceptivity, insight, emotional threshold, creativity, etc. (things you’d usually associate with great writers)—while still being mentally stimulated and focused.

These are the “nootropics” I currently have (just assume that I have enough of each to take daily for a few weeks at least). They are all in powder form, and I have empty capsules that I’ve been manually filling:

Coluracetam

Fasoracetam

Pramiracetam

Phenylpiracetam

Oxiracetam

Sunifiram

Picamilon

Noopept

AMP Citrate

Adrafinil

Sulbutiamine

Pyritinol

Centrophenoxine

Alpha GPC

Please try and avoid—if at ALL possible—responses that involve taking 1-2 at a time for weeks, then adding/removing another for weeks, etc. I’m really trying to avoid a year-long quest to find a perfect stack. I've been trying various combos, and have pretty much achieved the result of avoiding abuse of Adderall (only taking what I'm prescribed), but often lack patience in seeking results.

Yes; I do realize many of these compounds are often listed as some of the most powerful substances associated with the designation “nootropic.” Or, at least the ones that didn’t have excessive warnings about being potentially dangerous (Phenibut, IDRA-21, Unifiram, etc.). I haven’t paid much attention to the less-potent compounds people sometimes talk about.

Please provide any insight you can into possible combinations of the substances I have, dosages, which of them are synergistic, which are not necessary/redundant, and any other noots I may want to obtain as well to add to my stack. I’m really looking for a stack that I can take daily and not worry about trying all different sorts of combinations for extended periods of time.

Thanks for your input. Sorry for the tirade.

#2 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:41 AM

You were prescribed Adderall for ADHD I presume?

What nootropics have you responded positively to? Do you maintain sufficient Vitamin D, Mg levels?

If the objective is to avoid potential dangers I'd remove Sunifiram and AMP Citrate from the equation. I would also forgo the lesser researched racetams in favor of Piracetam and consider the "Mr Happy stack".

http://www.longecity...ne-uridine-dha/

Edited by Metagene, 27 November 2014 - 12:45 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

I have read before that memantine reverses amphetamine tolerance. And have you tried bacopa, ashgwandha or any other herbal supplements? Damn and I thought I took a lot of racetams. Do you ever feel spaced out on all of that? Some of the racetams such as nefi give me a spaced out distant feeling.

Edited by Fenix_, 27 November 2014 - 11:55 AM.

• like x 1

#4 WordSm1th

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

You were prescribed Adderall for ADHD I presume?

What nootropics have you responded positively to? Do you maintain sufficient Vitamin D, Mg levels?

If the objective is to avoid potential dangers I'd remove Sunifiram and AMP Citrate from the equation. I would also forgo the lesser researched racetams in favor of Piracetam and consider the "Mr Happy stack".

http://www.longecity...ne-uridine-dha/

I give you thanks for your replies. In response to your inquiries.

1. No, I was not diagnosed with ADHD; and, as far as I know, I do not/did not have it any more than any other millennial does. I use the Adderall purely as a cognitive enhancer. I'd had the extremely rare opportunity of obtaining some back in my college days (~2008), and appreciated the way it worked in enhancing my work/study ethics. The only ADHD I had was caused by days filled with marijuana smoke and nights consumed by Greek life. I explained to my doctor that I was falling asleep in class, and tried some of my friend's Adderall—which really helped. Clearly she's a great and responsible doctor. I think I'd actually be considered an exact opposite of someone suffering from ADHD. Though, sometimes I think I may be developing it FROM the consistent Adderall use—and based on the way I feel when I don't take it (if that's at all possible—or it may just be withdrawal from the drug). The Adderall enabled me to continue a vigorous social life and also read mandatory novels, write long stories, and obtain a double BA. After graduating and realizing there were no immediate lucrative careers in creative writing, I started taking Adderall daily to navigate my now-mundane career while retaining the energy to focus on my passion by night. 

2. It's really hard to tell which compounds I'm responding positively to since I'm still taking the Adderall, and since I've tried several different combinations of all these nootropics. I CAN say that the nootropics have diminished the need to abuse the Adderall, so I can tell they are doing something. Since there is so much information on so many different kinds—and since I have so many types—it clearly can be a little overwhelming. Since I [obviously] haven't taken all of them together, I'm not sure what combo I should be trying. Yes, I do generally maintain vitamin levels. I'm not always too healthy of an eater, but I do at least drink a smoothie or take a vitamin that lists 100% of D and MG daily dose every day. I guess if anything, I could probably say that I've noticed the most—and have been taking on/off pretty consistently: Adrafinil, Phenylpiracetam, Sulbutiamine, Sunifiram (and obviously the Alpha GPC gets rid of the headaches and pressure).

3. The objective isn't really to avoid potential dangers of the nootropics. I'm really just trying to wean off the Adderall while maintaining (and hopefully increasing) my creativity, mood, emotional capacity, and motivation. I am not seeking a replacement for Adderall and its stimulating, euphoric effect, but until I'm fully clear of it, I'm willing to take any of the above listed nootropics to at least somewhat compensate for the powerful drug I've been taking every day for years. I feel like if the nootropics effect are too mild, it will be harder to convert to them. So, I am OK with the potential dangers of the more powerful ones.

4. For some reason, I am more hesitant to take Piracetam because I would be taking such a huge amount more of the substance.

Maybe at a later point I'll downgrade to something more subtle, but for now I'm looking for as much boost as nootropics can provide.

I have read before that memantine reverses amphetamine tolerance. And have you tried bacopa, ashgwandha or any other herbal supplements? Damn and I thought I took a lot of racetams. Do you ever feel spaced out on all of that? Some of the racetams such as nefi give me a spaced out distant feeling.

While it is tempting to research the Memantine further, I feel that reducing the tolerance of the amphetamines will most likely only greater incentivize taking it. I have not tried any of the herbal supplements, but the connotation "herbal" makes me feel like they will be less powerful (see my above reply to the other response). 

Haha; I don't take ALL of those nootropics together. This was just a list of all the ones I've purchased. I'm looking to find an effective combo. Though, sometimes I DID feel spaced out, but I think the choline (Alpha GPC) helped balance that out.

#5 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:37 AM

You are basically looking for something to give you motivation then? I think selegiline (stimulant/antidepressant) is supposed to be similar to amphetamine, though I have never tried it. I do take NSI-189 and tianeptine which are also antidepressants, they definitely help me maintain that drive to get through the day. When it comes to things like motivation though, it is very difficult to quantify the effects because there are so many variables to consider. If you are going to take a powerful antidepressant you should consider completely replacing amphetamine with it instead of just adding another substance on top of the amphetamine.

Edited by Fenix_, 28 November 2014 - 05:55 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 knowledgeizkey

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:04 PM

I've found in my experience nmda antagonists I was using memantine and magnesium lengthened and prevented a worse crash I swear by memantine without it adderall did not work well Im using adderall for adhd prescribed it also helps with motivation and social anxiety 

I would look into that dxm is a nmda antagonist and an effective one don't dose high on dxm the dose for cough suppression is fine you could even try abit lower get an extended release type

I would hold off on racetams because off excess glutamate nmda antagonists put a damper on excess glutamate 

Before you take adderall 20-30 minutes before take a small amount of baking soda not even a teaspoons worth or an antacid like tums 

An alkaline environment and that adderall is an alkaline base substance will keep it from leaving the body faster through urinating

You could also eat an alkaline based diet i.e. green vegetables you want a higher ph level to acid levels

hope things work out for you using more adderall is not the way to go and it sounds like you don't want to either  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, nootropic stack, stacks, smart drug, coluracetam, racetam, adderall, advice, fasoracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users