• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Multi level marketing

marketing business

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 zompy

• 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

So to give it a little introduction I have been working within multi level marketing for a few months now and I feel like havong the opportunity of a lifetime. So I was wondering if there are any other members from Longecity involved in this business? Would be great to share experiences with others.

PS: I might aswell add my main reasons that actually drive me to succeed within this branche. 

Firstly I do need see myself working a 9 till 5 job, week in and week out.

Secondly in the currect state of the economy I feel a but uncertain about having a future (job) or certainty and this gives me ability to build something long term.

Thirdly I always had the feeling missing out on something to provide me with more personal growth and make me a better person.

Edited by zompy, 11 December 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#2 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

I have three old friends who moved to SF-area a year ago. They got really hooked on MLM and posted pictures and exciting status updates on Facebook every day for a couple of months. In private chats they explained how they were going to make X thousand dollars in X number of years. A few months ago they quit doing it and stopped posting pictures. My friend have not provided any explanation in private chats. My personal impression is that he came out of it without money, perhaps even bankrupt.

I guess if 500 people start doing it maybe 2-10 of those will be left a year later and actually make money, and they made those moneys by using their trust to convince friends and family to buy in.

But when you go to those meetings and see all these well dressed people with church eyes it's easy to forget this stuff, you are going to be SUCCESSFUL!

• like x 2

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

Quoth the Wiki:

The network marketing or multi-level marketing (MLM) business has become associated with pyramid schemes. According to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, many MLM schemes "simply use the product to hide their pyramid structure".[32] While some people call MLMs in general "pyramid selling,"[33][34][35][36][37] others use the term to denote an illegal pyramid scheme masquerading as an MLM.[38]

The Federal Trade Commission warns, "It’s best not to get involved in plans where the money you make is based primarily on the number of distributors you recruit and your sales to them, rather than on your sales to people outside the plan who intend to use the products."[39] It states that research is your best tool and gives eight steps to follow:

1. Find—and study—the company’s track record.
  2. Learn about the product.
  3. Ask questions.
  4. Understand any restrictions.
  5. Talk to other distributors. Beware of shills.
  6. Consider using a friend or adviser as a neutral sounding board, or for a gut check.
  7. Take your time.
  8. Think about whether this plan suits your talents and goals.[39]

Some authorities contend that MLMs in general are nothing more than legalized pyramid schemes.[27][28][29][30]

In the supplement world, MLM schemes usually push overpriced product and desperate low level marketers will often say anything to get people to buy them.  Don't do it.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 zompy

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

Quoth the Wiki:

The network marketing or multi-level marketing (MLM) business has become associated with pyramid schemes. According to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, many MLM schemes "simply use the product to hide their pyramid structure".[32] While some people call MLMs in general "pyramid selling,"[33][34][35][36][37] others use the term to denote an illegal pyramid scheme masquerading as an MLM.[38]

The Federal Trade Commission warns, "It’s best not to get involved in plans where the money you make is based primarily on the number of distributors you recruit and your sales to them, rather than on your sales to people outside the plan who intend to use the products."[39] It states that research is your best tool and gives eight steps to follow:

1. Find—and study—the company’s track record.
  2. Learn about the product.
  3. Ask questions.
  4. Understand any restrictions.
  5. Talk to other distributors. Beware of shills.
  6. Consider using a friend or adviser as a neutral sounding board, or for a gut check.
  7. Take your time.
  8. Think about whether this plan suits your talents and goals.[39]

Some authorities contend that MLMs in general are nothing more than legalized pyramid schemes.[27][28][29][30]

In the supplement world, MLM schemes usually push overpriced product and desperate low level marketers will often say anything to get people to buy them.  Don't do it.

I would definately agree with that statement. Although there is a lot of different MLM based companies around, some with really overpriced stuff and some are not. It'd say it's up to every person to make their own decision wether to, or not to join in there.

#5 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

Some time ago, tired, bored and frustrated from the heavy, responsible, and dangerous medical profession, I got interested from the such - called passive incomes, such as, the bank deposits, renting, etc. Then I got propagandized a lot from several MLM marketeers, who claimed to me, that making a network of sellers under me (making two levels of people) will make me almost a millionaire, without even moving my finger. I have to say, that their propaganda is very convincing. And maybe there are some truths in it. I even considered in my mind, to hire and pay a monthly payment to several people, who to register under me, on the MLM scheme, and to sell for me. I tried to understand deeper what MLM is all about, fortunately, before to get involved, and found out, that it is not a passive income at all, and you can't actually become a millionaire on that way. The MLM is not good for the sellers, it is good for the manufacturers of the products. With the help of the MLM, the manufacturers make millions of sales,through the thousands of thousands of sellers worldwide, each one of them selling small amounts of the product, and getting from next to nothing to the minimum - life money, and for that the manufacturers give no money for purchasing or renting shops around the world, maintaining a network of resellers, giving monthly salaries to real sellers, etc.

• WellResearched x 1

#6 zompy

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:20 AM

I have to admit, there is a lot of different companies having a MLM structure. Everybody has to decide for themselves if they like the company or not. Whilst some are a hidden pyramid scam, others are perfectly legal but indeed offer expansive crap. 

Some companies are actually really good, but some representatives of the company just provide false information or are a fraud giving the company a bad name.

#7 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

Talking about pyramids, they all are pyramid schemes, lol :) The fact itself, that the people grow in each next level becomes a pyramid shape, and an absolute pyramid scheme. 

For example: 

First level: You                         1

Second level - friends:             111

Third level - friends of friends: 111111

Friends of friends continues:)  11111111111

#8 zompy

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:08 AM

Talking about pyramids, they all are pyramid schemes, lol :) The fact itself, that the people grow in each next level becomes a pyramid shape, and an absolute pyramid scheme. 

For example: 

First level: You                         1

Second level - friends:             111

Third level - friends of friends: 111111

Friends of friends continues:)  11111111111

Assuming you probably work at a company with a pretty standard hierachy. You probably have something like.

Ceo 1

Board 111

Management 11111111

Floor workerr 111111111111111111111111111111

Only the odds of you going to CEO are quite bad compared to a start within a MLM to get to a simular position.

#9 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

I don't know what exactly the difference is. Maybe it is that in the companies everybody is working something different from the others, and in MLM everybody is working the same, maybe it is something else. Sometimes it is very hard to detect all of the lies in an MLM propaganda. MLM is risky investment. This is why I suggest you, if you want to deal with MLM, choose one, that you don't give starting money, and you don't own money in case of failure of some sort.

#10 zompy

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:57 PM

I don't know what exactly the difference is. Maybe it is that in the companies everybody is working something different from the others, and in MLM everybody is working the same, maybe it is something else. Sometimes it is very hard to detect all of the lies in an MLM propaganda. MLM is risky investment. This is why I suggest you, if you want to deal with MLM, choose one, that you don't give starting money, and you don't own money in case of failure of some sort.

Almost all MLM (that I know of) are financially risk free.I agree with you it MIGHT be risky, depending on a lot of factors. Inlcluding turnover, revenue, age and products/services. The same applies for any company however, there is no difference. People just pre-judge every single MLM because they think of piramid, with no logic sense what so ever, too bad.

#11 Meckin

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:44 PM

Is this for real... who in the world would do MLM? I live in Thailand with tons of the people who run these scams... Get a real job or start a real business it. 

Just remember, the biggest thing in business that is wasted isn't money, but time. You can make money easily, you can never make time. 

Edited by Meckin, 12 October 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#12 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

Their propaganda is extraordinarly convinving. You will be surprised how many people are doing MLM. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marketing, business

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users