Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

BPAP

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 cronspirit

• 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:49 PM

Joseph Knoll has developed R- (-)-1-(benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane (BPAP) which has many of the same effects as L-deprenyl, yet is reported to be 130 times more effective on catecholamine and serotonin levels.

Could BPAP the new replacements for L-Deprenyl?

#2 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:16 AM

just from what I've read, even though they are both CAE/SAE substances, Deprenyl and Bpap do really different things.

also, the work I think you're referencing actually says it's 130 times more potent that deprenyl at antagonizing tetrabenazine induced inhibition of performance, which is not at all the same thing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:29 AM

Joseph Knoll has developed R- (-)-1-(benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane (BPAP) which has many of the same effects as L-deprenyl, yet is reported to be 130 times more effective on catecholamine and serotonin levels.

Most research needs to be done but Rasagiline is more potent and one I would recommend thats available.

#4 yopomug

• 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:28 PM

Most research needs to be done but Rasagiline is more potent and one I would recommend thats available.

Is rasagiline the same as BPAP?

#5 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:58 AM

No.

#6 NeuroGuy

• 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

bump

last post was 4 years ago, and just learned about BPAP today...any new research on this?

#7 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

I'm assuming there is also no where a consumer could buy this right?

#8 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

Vitaspace has it: (-)BPAP dosage

#9 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:29 AM

thanks, that is actually pretty cheap for a non-commercially produced chemical, but I don't think I'll spend 150$ just to try it very soon. I'm was mainly just curious about what it feels like to have natural neurotransmitter release enhanced.. it sounds pretty ground breaking to me(if anyone has tried it, I'd love to hear about it).

I'm always curious about the subjective effects of rare chemicals(normelatonin, 8-OH-DPAT, etc).. the brain is infinitely interesting to me haha. I guess this completely explains my interest in nootropics actually.

#10 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

I understand that there is enough safety data to support use as a performance enhancing drug, its unlike to be developed as a pharma as its to similar to street drugs. If you want it, you would need to determine safety, in a theoretical scene. Then purchase form a chemcial supply agent or synthesize it. It would be strongly recommended that safety control data is collected acutely and chronically, including ECG, Bp,pulse rate, and blood tests. Drugs that effect that brain are unusually safe generally, just watch the heart. Definitly achievable,
  • dislike x 2

#11 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

Drugs that effect that brain are unusually safe generally, just watch the heart.

I'm not sure how this statement could seem reasonable. There are many substances which affect the brain, and can kill you. I would guess that BPAP is fairly safe, based on its similarity with deprenyl (and is indeed something I would like to try).

But even deprenyl can be sinister: see discussion here of decreased lifespan over a fairly small dosage range. You can bet that the cause wasn't increased blood pressure or heart rate, and monitoring these gross biomarkers—while a good idea—is nothing like a reasonable assurance of safety when self-testing preclinical drugs.

#12 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Bump

#13 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

Nobody is interested in this?
The dose is 100mcg for this:

(-)-1-(Benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane ((-)-BPAP)[1] is a drug with an unusual effects profile. It can loosely be grouped with the stimulant or antidepressant drug families, but its mechanism of action is quite different.[2][3]
BPAP (along with another similar compound PPAP) is classified as a catecholaminergic and serotonergic activity enhancer. This means that it stimulates the impulse propagation mediated transmitter release of the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine andserotonin in the brain. However, unlike stimulant drugs like amphetamine, which release a flood of these neurotransmitters in an uncontrolled manner, BPAP instead only increases the amount of neurotransmitter that gets released when a neuron is stimulated by receiving an impulse from a neighbouring neuron. So while both amphetamine and BPAP increase the amount of neurotransmitters that get released, amphetamine causes neurons to dump neurotransmitter stores into the synapse regardless of external input, while with BPAP the pattern of neurotransmitter release is not changed, but when the neuron would normally release neurotransmitter, a larger amount than normal is released.[4][5]

Other drugs which produce this effect are the endogenous trace amines phenethylamine and tryptamine, and the neuroprotective MAO-B inhibitor selegiline.[6] However, while selegiline is a potent monoamine oxidase inhibitor, BPAP is only a weak MAO-A inhibitor at high doses, and at low doses produces only the activity enhancer effect.

BPAP has been shown to have neuroprotective effects similar to those of selegiline, and has been researched for the treatment ofAlzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and clinical depression.[7]

I read somewhere that combining this with deprenyl resulted in intense concentration and great mood for 6 hours with no comedown. It's easy to synthesize and 1 gram should last a couple of years.

This was the next compound researched by Dr. Knoll that was better suited for longevity purposes.

#14 KoolK3n

• 253 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

YESSSSSSS
  • like x 2

#15 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

Yeah, BPAP sounds like it can potentiate anything. Life itself.

#16 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

I don't think people see what this compound has to offer. Here are some studies worth reading. Googletarian has given me a quote for a reasonable amount of 10g at 99.9% purity for this compound.

ABSTRACT

Hundreds of millions of people now die over the age of 80 years primarily due to twentieth century progress in hygiene, chemotherapy, and immunology. With a longer average lifespan, the need to improve quality of life during the latter decades is more compelling. “Aging — The Epidemic of the New Millenium,” a recent international conference (Monte Carlo, June 17–18, 2000), showed with peculiar clarity that a safe and efficient drug strategy to slow the age-related decay of brain performance is still missing. This review summarizes the physiologic and pharmacologic arguments in favor of a peculiar lifelong prophylactic medication with reasonable chances to keep in check brain aging and decrease the precipitation of age-related neurological diseases.

SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS

The specific brain activation mechanism (“drive”) that ensures that living beings surmount every obstacle to reach a goal, even if life is in the balance, roots in the existence of “enhancer-sensitive” neurons in the brain that are ready to increase their activity with lightning speed in response to endogenous “enhancer” substances, of which phenylethylamine (PEA) and tryptamine are the presently known examples. PEA and tryptamine enhance the impulse-propagation-mediated release of catecholamines and serotonin in the brain (CAE/SAE effect). This is the best model for studying the enhancer regulation in the mammalian brain, which starts working at the discontinuation of breast feeding. Weaning is the beginning of the developmental (“uphill”) period of life and is characterized by significantly higher brain activity levels that last until the sexual hormones dampen this regulation, thereby terminating the uphill period. This is the prelude of the postdevelopmental (“downhill”) phase of life and the beginning of the slow brain aging process from which there is no escape until natural death.

It has been proposed that enhancer compounds can delay the natural age-related deterioration of brain performance and keep the brain on a higher activity level during postdevelopment longevity. PEA, a substrate of MAO-B, and tryptamine, a substrate of MAO-A, are rapidly metabolized, short-acting endogenous enhancer compounds. PEA and its long-acting derivatives, amphetamine and methamphetamine, which are not metabolized by MAO, are enhancer substances at low concentrations but also potent releasers of catecholamines and serotonin from their pools at higher concentrations. The catecholamine-releasing effect masked for decades the enhancer property of these compounds.

(-)Deprenyl (selegiline) is the first PEA derivative free of the catecholamine-releasing property and made possible the discovery of the enhancer regulation in the brain. This drug is presently the only clinically used enhancer compound. (-)Deprenyl is also a highly potent, selective inhibitor of MAO-B and is metabolized to amphetamines. Tryptamine is an endogenous enhancer substance free of the catecholamine/serotonin-releasing property. The newly developed tryptamine derivative (-)BPAP is the first highly selective enhancer substance. It is also much more potent than (-)deprenyl.

Enhancer substances that keep the enhancer-sensitive neurons on a higher activity level slow the age-related deterioration of the mammalian brain. Maintenance of rats on (-)deprenyl during post-developmental longevity slows the age-related decline of sexual and learning performances and prolongs life significantly. Patients with early Parkinson's disease who are maintained on (-)deprenyl need levodopa significantly later than their placebo-treated peers and they live significantly longer when on levodopa plus (-)deprenyl than patients on levodopa alone. In patients with moderately severe impairment from Alzheimer's disease, treatment with (-)deprenyl slows the progression of the disease.

(-)BPAP is an especially promising prophylactic antiaging compound that may provide the opportunity to shift the functional constellation of the brain during postdevelopmental longevity towards the one characteristic to the uphill period of life. According to the available experimental and clinical data, it is reasonable to expect that daily administration of an enhancer drug [e.g., (-)deprenyl 1 mg or (-)BPAP 0.1 mg] from sexual maturity until death will improve quality of life in the latter decades, shift the time of natural death, decrease the precipitation of age-related depression, and reduce the prevalence of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

(R)-(−)-1-(Benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane hydrochloride [(−)-BPAP] is a highly potent enhancer of impulse propagation-mediated monoamine release and an inhibitor of monoamine uptake. We evaluated the efficacy of (−)-BPAP as a drug for mood disorders by using two animal models. (1) Acute, but not chronic, administration of (−)-BPAP and imipramine significantly attenuated immobility in mice induced by forced swimming. Chronic, but not acute, administration of (−)-BPAP ameliorated the impairment of social interaction (SI) behavior following forced swimming, without affecting locomotor activity. The ameliorating effect of (−)-BPAP on the impairment of SI behavior was suppressed by dopamine receptor antagonists, which suggests that the effect was mediated through the activation of the dopaminergic system. Chronic administration of imipramine tended to attenuate the impairment of SI behavior in stressed mice, but not significantly. (2) In the olfactory bulbectomized (OB) rat, chronic (−)-BPAP treatment significantly ameliorated the impairment of SI behavior, prepulse inhibition, and tone–cue fear learning, without affecting locomotor activity in an open field and circadian activity pattern. Furthermore, (−)-BPAP tended to improve sexual dysfunction in OB rats, but imipramine had no such effect. These findings suggest that (−)-BPAP may be clinically effective in treating mood disorders, including comorbid anxiety and depression that are poorly responsive to imipramine.

R-(−)-1-(Benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane [R-(−)-BPAP] enhances electric field stimulation-induced release of catecholamine from isolated brain stem and ameliorates motor deficits in rats. We evaluated the effects of R-(−)-BPAP on the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3), and their receptors, trkB and p75NTR in rat mesencephalic slice cultures. Levels of mRNA and protein were measured at 48 h after R-(−)-BPAP treatment by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), respectively. R-(−)-BPAP significantly increased the mRNA and protein levels of BDNF, without affecting the level of NT-3 mRNA. In addition, R-(−)-BPAP significantly increased the mRNA level of trkB, but not that of p75NTR. These effects of R-(−)-BPAP may result in enhanced BDNF/trkB signaling, and could thus underlie the potential neurotrophic and antidepressant actions of this drug.

Edited by redan, 17 April 2013 - 05:59 AM.

• like x 1

#17 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

So, I got a quote from our good friend Googletarian on BPAP. He can make a pure life isomer, not racemic mixture, of (-)-BPAP the active compound for 10g in the amount of 1800-2500 USD. Let me remind that this compound has a U-shaped curve with an optimal dose of 100 micrograms.
1 microgram = 0.001 miligram
100 microgram = .1 miligram <--Effective dose

Now with 200 miligrams of this subtance it would last you about
2000 days at 100 microgram doses a day.
200 miligrams would cost from the total amount at 50 people participating in this group buy a measly $40.

However, its unlikely we will get 50 people into this group buy.

So, given 20 people this would cost 100 USD for 500mg that would last about 17 years. This compound for be stored for a very long time without any kind of degradation with the proper preservatives.

So, let me know what you guys think. 100USD for having such a compound for 17 years is quite the benefit. This works out to be 0.01 USD a day for enhanced living and longevity.

Hope I spelled that out well.
  • like x 1

#18 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Sorry, it's 1800-2400 USD. Any takers on this? I don't think people see the long term benefits of this. Are we looking for just immediate self gratification or magic pills like NZT?

#19 KoolK3n

• 253 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

So, I got a quote from our good friend Googletarian on BPAP. He can make a pure life isomer, not racemic mixture, of (-)-BPAP the active compound for 10g in the amount of 1800-2500 USD. Let me remind that this compound has a U-shaped curve with an optimal dose of 100 micrograms.

200 miligrams would cost from the total amount at 50 people participating in this group buy a measly $40.

So, given 20 people this would cost 100 USD for 500mg that would last about 17 years. This compound for be stored for a very long time without any kind of degradation with the proper preservatives.

So, let me know what you guys think. 100USD for having such a compound for 17 years is quite the benefit. This works out to be 0.01 USD a day for enhanced living and longevity.

Measuring out 100ug doesn't seem possible with conventional measurements. Can't we suspend this into some type of liquid solution and distribute onto blotters? :D

#20 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Measuring out 100ug doesn't seem possible with conventional measurements. Can't we suspend this into some type of liquid solution and distribute onto blotters? :D

Yes, it will be in a liquid solution that you can by dropping 3 or more drops on your tongue.

I thought everyone here used deprenyl. BPAP is the evolution of deprenyl. Personally, I've heard of great results when combinging the two. Cmmon $100 for 17 years of enchanced well-being and less chance for parkinson and alzheimer. It's neuroprotective and would combine well for ADD or lack of volition.
  • like x 1

#21 KoolK3n

• 253 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

I thought everyone here used deprenyl. BPAP is the evolution of deprenyl. Personally, I've heard of great results when combinging the two. Cmmon $100 for 17 years of enchanced well-being and less chance for parkinson and alzheimer. It's neuroprotective and would combine well for ADD or lack of volition.

Ahh $100 is a stretch for me. I'll split it with $25 haha. Sorry.

#22 dogshitwebsite

• 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Is it really feasible to preserve the chemical for 17 years?
Would be great to know how long it lasts without spoiling..

also here's an old thread on the subject:
http://www.longecity...-deprenyl-bpap/

Edited by onigiri, 17 April 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#23 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

from what i gather there may be some concern about this chemical having hepatoxic properties:

http://www.bluelight...ty-and-(-)-BPAP

#24 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Sorry, it's 1800-2400 USD. Any takers on this? I don't think people see the long term benefits of this. Are we looking for just immediate self gratification or magic pills like NZT?

I'm down despite being less enthusiastic about this substance. Admittedly I can be fairly short sighted though my interest with PRL-85-3 and NSI-189 stems more from curiosity than a search for a magic cure.

#25 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

I see this compound as a long term investment into my health and wellbeing. There are a couple of LEF members who have taken this compound with positive effects on concentration and no ill effects.

#26 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

I dont think all experiences are positive with Deprenyl (Selegiline).

Have BPAP been tested already?

Edited by Psionic, 17 April 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#27 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yes LEF members had a chance to obtain this compound a while back. There were mostly positive reviews associated with it. Cant recall any adverse reactions.

#28 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Is anyone still interested in this? I'll probably be leaving the forum after I can get this synthesized. Just way too much searching for some holy grail ideal compound. I'd be satisfied with this and tDCS. for all my nootropic purposes. AMPA'rs are a two edged sword with glutamate, C16 can have serious immunosuppresive side effects, like having your whole brain infected with the herpes virus, gabaa alpha 5 inverse agonists are a pain to synthesize; but have a great half life since they're based on a benzo structure, alpha 7 nicotinic PAM's are also elusive and have tough chemical structures. The list goes on.

Edited by redan, 19 April 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#29 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

I might be interested if you'll have me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

I might be interested if you'll have me.

I won't bee coordinating the group buy, if you mean by me including you in the group buy. Most likely Googletarian will send out the compound in equal proportions to everyone directly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users