http://www.m.webmd.c...ttings-benefits
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

It's a win win situation if you're under 30!

#3 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

An easy way to keep an eye on some bloodwork that they will routinely screen, some viral stuff like HIV, Hep A,B,C etc.

Don't know the science behind it, but evolution must expect humans to bleed a bit, back in the good old days I doubt a year passed by without the average person suffering some nasty wounds.

The first time they drew blood from me I got very dizzy and almost fainted. Not because of the needle mind you, I'm not afraid of getting shots and I already work with the little devils. But once the bloodbag was full I was dizzy on par with the buzz you get from a few beers or smoking pot.

That never happened after the first time.

I suspect my body got a little bit more resistant to massive blood-loss that way. Might be good if I ever suffer massive blood-loss :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

I was thinking more about parabiosis. I have given so much blood in the past enough to make myself vomit

#5 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

I've heard of a new trend, granted not very mainstream. Of blood letting yourself and then drinking it. (Further note: people have noted mixing a number of things with their blood before ingestion example Juice,alcohol and noots)

#6 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

What about the experiment making old mice young?

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

I've heard of a new trend, granted not very mainstream. Of blood letting yourself and then drinking it. (Further note: people have noted mixing a number of things with their blood before ingestion example Juice,alcohol and noots)

How could this possibly be beneficial?

• unsure x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:21 AM

Mix it with alcohol and I'm sure you nailed the latest hot party shit.

#9 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:14 AM

Mix it with alcohol and I'm sure you nailed the latest hot party shit.
On a natural health forum linked to Facebook, people were trying self blood therapy, and drinking your own urine to balance your PH. I wonder if people are combining the two therapies? It sounds gross but people swear up and down that it can help with anything. If I knew their was a positive benefit from drinking my own blood, I'd try it. But I draw the line at my urine+blood drink or straight urine for that matter.http://en.m.wikipedi...i/Urine_therapy also is it true that fighters drink their own urine to re-use pro-hormones, from cycles without having the metabolites that would be present in testing?

Edited by Ark, 29 April 2015 - 05:24 AM.

• Ill informed x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#10 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

My speculation based off of a bogus homeopathy blog I came across sometime back. It has something to do with the oxidation of the blood being exposed to the air and acid released in the stomach purifying your blood while giving your body the most nutritious element possible. :-) therefore eliminating toxins and making you "strong".
  • Ill informed x 2

#11 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

People have been eating piss and shit and rat shit and god knows what else since the dawn of history. Most of these actions are probably useless, or at worst, harmful.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#12 nushu

• Topic Starter
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

For the last year I've been giving a small amount of blood to my pet medicinal leeches, I keep them like pet fish. Take a look,
https://m.facebook.c...ource=typeahead

#13 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

http://www.medicalda...er-young-329268

My speculation based off of a bogus homeopathy blog I came across sometime back. It has something to do with the oxidation of the blood being exposed to the air and acid released in the stomach purifying your blood while giving your body the most nutritious element possible. :-) therefore eliminating toxins and making you "strong".

Whoever down voted me I'm assuming your using the therapy above. Can you explain why?

Also I found this video, kinda strange http://www.medicalda...er-young-329268

#14 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 09:39 AM

"Blood Purifying" and seven other Benefits of Burdock Root
Burdock Root (Arctium Lappa), is a blood-purifying tall green plant renowned in different natural medicine traditions from China, all the way to the British Isles.

1*hdBbRSVOWsXtOyQbNKtLzg.jpeg

It’s a natural medicine with a wide range of beneficial effects; to really unleash herbal medicine you’ll want to combine it with some cofactors like medicinal sea moss.

Listen to podcast:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloodletting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users