• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Will grounding cause EM Fields to pass through your body?

grounding earthing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Intropersona

• 64 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:48 AM

Regarding another thread on here about mental health benefits from grounding I wanted to know whether EM Fields are drawn in to the body via the bodies connection to the earth and if so... is there scientific evidence from physics?

#2 Intropersona

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:33 PM

Anyone? This really is a simple question in physics...

#3 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

If you  mean grounding as in something connected to an electrical ground, the body would absorb by induction more energy in the lower radio frequency range - than if someones body was not grounded.

What kind of EM fields were you thinking about?

Edited by Clacksberg the Cat, 16 June 2015 - 05:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

Super high frequency EM fields like wifi or cell phones i dont think grounding makes any difference to the bodies sensitivity to said fields.

• Agree x 1

#5 Intropersona

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:44 AM

If you  mean grounding as in something connected to an electrical ground, the body would absorb by induction more energy in the lower radio frequency range - than if someones body was not grounded.

By how much more would the body absorb by induction? To a level of damage to health? Are you absolutely certain that it is only the lower radio frequencies? Thank you for you help, much appreciated

Super high frequency EM fields like wifi or cell phones i dont think grounding makes any difference to the bodies sensitivity to said fields.

Are you absolutely sure of this? Could you please double check with your sources for me? Thank you for you help, much appreciated

#6 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:31 PM

I,ve worked in r.f. engineering so you get a feel how EM fields act.

But more to the point there's not much evidence that these weak fields are detrimental to health..

I know there's some variable statistics showing some correlations between mental health and living within a few hundred metres of over head powerlines(50/60Hz fields)

And the low frequency part of cellphone signals hypothetically effecting DNA.

Earthing yourself is just going to stop you building a static charge thats all.

there are detectors so you can find 'electrosmog' free areas in your house btw ! :)

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

By how much more would the body absorb by induction? To a level of damage to health? Are you absolutely certain that it is only the lower radio frequencies? Thank you for you help, much appreciated

Are you absolutely sure of this? Could you please double check with your sources for me? Thank you for you help, much appreciated

1. Our body conducts a little, so that means it's also an antenna. Waves from all the radio spectrum will induce tiny r.f. currents in you. Grounding boosts these tiny currents in the lower r.f. spectrum.

2. Yes, grounding wont change your bodies sensitivity to SHF waves (WI FI, Cellphone) They're still going to induce tiny r.f. currents in you and also reflect off you :-)

Edited by Clacksberg the Cat, 19 June 2015 - 08:45 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#8 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

I think I am aware this is an earnest query

There are numerous quantified peer reviewed papers described at pubmed about electromagnetic effects on tissue http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/26290871 (also view the papers described at the right of the pubmed screen)

electricity likes travel at outer surfaces  Thus perhaps a new conductive transparent lotion would actually be measurable as causing the conductive pathway of actual electrons or radiofrequency energy absorption to vary at the body

compare walking at a carpet then touching metal with the lotion as well as conductive footwear the electricity would travel differently.  medical effects are nonquantified.  kind of amusing, just possibly beneficial. 

#9 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:31 AM

Nature's electric is RF based and goes through anything. Having daily contact with earth helps balance the static load of the body, freeing up a biological systems electrical surface so it can carry out reactions easier.
Alex Putney explains these benefits on his site.
When electric is produced with magnetism it creates a current that has flux and interferes with life. I won't rant about wireless technology and it's engineering that harms everyone, and the trouble with insect navigation.
I like the electric car story, shows what a pie of sh#t corperations are, no amount of spin can reduce their justification.
Sun staring it great if you do it properly, just get enough Magnesium. Don't listen to the nay sayers they haven't experienced anything except fear.

Edited by Multivitz, 21 December 2015 - 12:33 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#10 Astrocyte

• 39 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

Grounding yourself won't have any other effects than control static electricity builtup.

But maybe, grounding yourself at the feets, will make you into a proper ground plane antenna, in term of radiation pattern.

#11 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:26 AM

Sun staring... Let me know how that works out for you in a few years because I can not honestly think of another way to get magnesium
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grounding, earthing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users