• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Spider veins on legs - any real solutions?

spider veins capillaries skin legs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StephCThomp

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:11 PM

Hi

What are people's experiences with reducing spider veins please? Has anyone managed to genuinely remove them?

I have tried a variety of herbs that are reputed to work, both internally and externally.  I also have a long-standing supplement regimen that should do a good job of supporting vascular integrity in general.  However, I still have patches of visible capillaries on my legs that from a distance look like bruises, as well as large areas of more subtle surface capillaries.  This has only started since turning 40ish.

It occurs to me that the tricky thing about removing these is that there is nothing really 'wrong' per se.  If the body decides that a blood supply is needed in that spot, that's what it does.  It's not an infection, rash or biochemical anomaly to resolve.  It's just a blood supply.

So what causes this to happen in mid-life? 

Why do dermatologists have such elaborate processes for removing them...and then they come back anyway? 

Is there a better way?  Can this be remedied?

Thanks.

• Agree x 1

#2 Aurel

• 184 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:54 PM

Propably you already know of this. But this product seems to help people with spider veins:

http://www.iherb.com...ggie-Caps/12422

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 StephCThomp

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

Thanks Aurel.  I already have K2 and bioflavonoids well covered.  I also trialled Diosmin for quite a long time with zero visible effect. 

I really don't think this will be resolved nutritionally in my case, but topically.  I just don't know how.

#4 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

What about a cream containing Gotu Kola? Has that been tried?

#5 StephCThomp

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:24 PM

Yes, I have tried topical gotu kola.  I also take it internally. 

#6 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2022 - 02:19 PM

I know some people that had success with supplementing with the things that make up veins or are used to make veins like certain amino acids. Somehow worked.

Edited by kurdishfella, 29 October 2022 - 02:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spider veins, capillaries, skin, legs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users