adrenal 'fatigue', hypoglycemia, Moclobemide

moclobemide hypoglycemia adrenals atypical depression

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Haven't had much luck getting posts replied to, so feel free to ignore this too, but if anyone had any insight I'd appreciate it .. 

I've had a very good, very productive two years (which is kind of a miracle, if you're familiar with my history). I ended up with akathisia after discontinuing Mirtazapine; being forced to try and self-treat that led to me exploring nootropics, stuff like NSI-189, 7,8-DHF etc. I had been basically stagnant for years, close to suicide, but regaining my intellectual abilities and discovering a worthwhile passion (photography) completely changed my outlook and gave me purpose. 

Unfortunately, my life is still very stressful -- OCD + horrible living environment -- but being more engaged in life helped distract me from everything. However, over the past few months, my fatigue has been creeping back in significantly and I've been having very bad bouts of hypoglycemia (which I'm typically prone to, but not to this extent). I've noticed that stuff that used to help -- Vitamin D, Magnesium Threonate, Semax, NSI-189, caffeine -- just seems to 'crash' me and make me ravenous after ingesting. The amount I'm eating to just feel 'level' is ridiculous. If I take nothing and just stay in bed with fatigue all day, I'm better, but obviously completely unproductive ..

Reboxetine suppressed my appetite, gave me energy, and fixed the hypoglycemia, but it gave me horrible dysphoria and I would crash after 4-6 hours. 

I went to see my doctor and he ran some basic bloodwork (including some blood glucose markers), but said everything was fine and he isn't really one to investigate stuff. Since Reboxetine had helped, I asked if I could try Wellbutrin, which I started today (150mg SR) but it seems to have made my hypoglycemia even more unmanageable (there's some reports of it increasing appetite/causing weight gain).

My suspicion was that there might be a link between the exaggerated blood sugar issues and my atypical depression, since I noticed Melatonin (which lowers cortisol) will make it worse. Is it possible I'm on the right track? SSRIs were decent for the physical symptoms of my depression, but I wouldn't go back on them post-akathisia, and they cause too many cognitive problems. Moclobemide was the first AD I ever tried; it didn't do anything for my ADD but was more cognitively-neutral than the rest .. however it numbed me emotionally .. 

I'm wondering if it might be worth going back on Moclobemide and trying to augment it this time for ADD/anhedonia. Parnate was good too (and is the 'gold standard' for atypical dep ..) but the insomnia sucked. There isn't much else I haven't tried, med-wise .. 

Oh, and I've tried stuff to help regulate blood sugar that's been recommended -- Cinnamon, Biotin, Chromium -- though nothing has worked, except Glycine, which I use to sleep at night ..

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2 penisbreath

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

glad you're enjoying the show; i'll be at reddit from here on out

peace out fuckers

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

Hey man, 

I'm sorry I don't have anything helpful to add, but I've noticed the lack of help or activity around lately too, seems a bit strange. Anyway, looks like you might have better luck on reddit! Good luck

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

Part of the problem might be that adrenal fatigue is about as real as chronic Lyme disease.

I want to ask though ... do you ever show up low blood sugar on any test?  Or is it something you think is going on?  This can make a difference in what to do next.

Your living environment alone could be easily causing the fatigue, stress and anxiety ... these put the body on high alert and that is literally exhausting.  It catches up with us.  Have you tried something just for anxiety alone?

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. 

Edited by Duchykins, 04 August 2015 - 03:35 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moclobemide, hypoglycemia, adrenals, atypical depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users