True Life Research (teamtlr.com)

scam true life research teamtlr addx-ox datatinib senolytix trustworthy

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Hip

• 2,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

True Life Research (teamtlr.com) Scam — TLR Are Selling Some "Fake" Products

Several of True Life Research's high-tech-sounding propriety products have been shown to be "fake", in the sense they are merely taurine powder or some other cheap supplement sold for an enormously high price! That is according to a product lab analysis detailed in this post on www.reddit.com.

The following four True Life Research proprietary compounds all turned out to be just taurine powder: 

ADDX-OX

MORP-OX

HDAC-OX

ADJ01

All of these products have high-tech, scientific-sounding names and descriptions, but have been shown to be just a few cents worth of the supplement taurine. 

Of course, since the ingredients of these propriety products sold by True Life Research are not specified, these products are not fake in the sense that they not the substance that you paid for, as you don't actually know the substance you paid for! So legally speaking, True Life Research are probably not doing anything against the law. 

However, True Life Research are scamming you in the sense that these products give the impression they are designer peptides or similar research chemicals, rather than a few cents worth of a common supplement. For example, True Life Research describe their ADDX-OX product as "Scientifically Engineered Proprietary Optimized Extract Formulation Acting Upon Resetting Addiction Targeted Pathways and Counteracting Hyper-Psychoneurodysfunctional States." 

But when you pay $139 for a total of 6 grams of this ADDX-OX product, you are just getting a few cents worth of the supplement taurine. 

Lab analysis on a few other of their high-tech-sounding proprietary compounds with secret ingredients showed these to be just common drugs or herbs such as noopept or maca. The product ADJG2 turns out to be just noopept, and ADJB1 turns out to be maca root powder.

These may not be the only "fake" products sold by True Life Research, since True Life Research's range is large, and only a few products were lab tested.

The actual lab analysis results for these True Life Research products can bee seen here

Not all of True Life Research's products were scam products though. The lab analysis showed that the following non-proprietary products they sell are real: coluracetam, fasoracetam, NSI-189 and memantine. These all contained the stated ingredient.

It is a sad indictment of our society that companies feel the need to make money in such unscrupulous ways. 

Just for ease of reference, the original post on reddit detailing the laboratory analysis is given below:

TLR (True Life Research) Product Testing Results 

As some of you may know, TLR has been selling proprietary compounds and extracts since they launched. That led a lot of people, including myself, to call them out on the practice. Who in their right mind would take something that they did not know the ingredients or chemical structure of?!? We also questioned their testing practices, which led to the owner telling customers that they did not need testing, and that people should just trust them. Again, more red flags. Then we had the owner threatening to sue us moderators for slander, libel, and defamation. There are other crazy things that people have made me aware of via private message. However, we will not get into that at the moment. Needless to say, I have been interested in testing their products for a while, and have been organizing to do just that. Today, we have those results.

Again, a big thanks to Nootropics Depot, for use of their lab in this testing.

Let's start with the most alarming results. Four of TLR's "proprietary" compounds have tested as Taurine powder. That's right, TLR has been selling ADJ01, MORP-OX, HDAC-OX, and ADDX-OX as proprietary compounds, yet they are just Taurine powder! They are touting their ADDX-OX as "Scientifically Engineered Proprietary Optimized Extract Formulation Acting Upon Resetting Addiction Targeted Pathways and Counteracting Hyper-Psychoneurodysfunctional States." They are selling at-risk people with addiction, Taurine, yet telling them it will help them with with their addictions. This is flat out unacceptable! The ADDX-OX is selling for $140 for 24 capsules. They are selling 50 cents worth of Taurine for $140! I've spoken to one of their customers that is dealing with addiction, and bought that from them thinking it would help. After it doing nothing at all for him, he wrote me wondering if it was BS. Well now we know for sure it is.

Their MORP-OX is listed as "a first-in-class herbal Mu Opioid Receptor (MOR) Positive Allosteric Modulator (PAM) Optimized Xtract." It's a first class capsule of bullshit, is what it is. It's just Taurine in a capsule.

Their HDAC-OX is listed as a "Scientifically Engineered HDAC Class I Inhibitor (HDAC-C1I) Extract." NOPE, just Chuck Taurine.

Here are the percentages for each of those:

ADDX-OX- 94.79% match to Taurine

ADJ01- 99.16% match to Taurine

MORP-OX- 98.44% match to Taurine

HDAC-OX- 98.47% match to Taurine

Now we move onto the other results. These are more what I expected, rather than just Taurine capsules. A few of their other "proprietary" compounds and extracts came out to be normal things like Maca and Noopept.

Their ADJG2 is a 99.04% match to Noopept. It's not on the site now, but has been sent to a few people.

Their ADJB1 is a 96.58% match to Maca root powder. A customer that got ADJ01 from TLR actually asked the owner if it was just Maca root, since that is what it seemed like. The owner denied it, saying it was a totally different proprietary extract. Riiiight.

The HCBT-OX is likely Shilajit. Shilajit is not in the reference library, though. So we will need to do more testing on it to know for sure. It is an organic compound, somewhat related to Ashwagandha and Holy Basil. However, the physical characteristics match Shilajit. It's like little chunks of tar. I have no idea how we would expect people to use it properly.

There are a few other unreleased compounds that he was selling to customers who asked. ON-1 was an 85% match to ashwgandha, with distinctive peaks in the mid-high wavelengths. OB-1 was a 92.27% match to Niacin. It looks to be a mixture of things, with mostly Niacin in it. The other proprietary things we tested did not match anything in the reference library. So perhaps some of them are real. We will have to do some more testing to know.

Now for some good news. Some of the things they were selling as real compounds, actually were real.

Coluracetam was a 99.11% match to our reference sample.

Fasoracetam was a 98.54% match to our reference sample.

NSI-189 Freebase was a 99.10% match to our reference sample.

Memantine HCL was a 97.45% match to our reference sample.

So it appears that at least some of the non-proprietary compounds are what they are supposed to be. Some of the proprietary ones are things like Noopept, Maca, and Shilajit. Some are not in the reference library. Then some are just Taurine. Keep in mind that we have not tested every one of their products, since they have a metric shitload of them. We tested ones people were complaining about. If anyone else has any suspect TLR stuff, they can send it to me for further testing. We can also pay for further in-depth testing of any compounds that did not show up in our reference library, if people feel that is warranted. On that same token, if someone is willing to gather samples, and send them off to a third party lab, I am willing to pay for further testing. That will eliminate any claims of bias that might be made. I just did this testing round to get an idea of what we were dealing with. 

EDIT: Here is the album of spectra results

Edited by Hip, 05 August 2015 - 01:09 AM.

• Ill informed x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:14 AM

Hip, I don't know who you are, but these results have already been "debunked" and proven fake by Niner, the longecity moderators, test results. Seriously, what is the point of all of this fabrication? ADDX-OX has PERSONALLY helped me in my journey of quitting MY addiction, which is none of your business, but YOU nor anyone can tell me otherwise. One simply CANNOT dispute PHYSICAL withdrawal symptoms disappearing within a matter of days (1-3 days).

This was already taken care of in February, stop trying to resurface your futile attempt to SLANDER TeamTLR.

It is a company of Love and Truth and the owner has done nothing but been kind and Loving to me.

STOP!

• Ill informed x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:20 AM

We've been through this before.  TLR is not a scam.  The problem here is that one of their competitors is using bogus analytical methodology, generating wrong results, and smearing them on reddit.  After the competitor posted an improperly run chromatographic analysis of TLR's GHK-Cu and said that it wasn't what it was supposed to be, one of our members sent a sample of the same product to a third party analytical lab that did an HPLC/MS analysis.  The sample proved to be GHK of high purity.   We haven't run any proper analyses on any of TLR's proprietary (-OX) substances, but we have users that speak highly of the effectiveness of at least some of them. 

The reddit thread can be safely ignored; it's not correct.

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Informative x 1

#4 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

Hip, I don't know who you are, but these results have already been "debunked" and proven fake by Niner, the longecity moderators, test results. Seriously, what is the point of all of this fabrication? ADDX-OX has PERSONALLY helped me in my journey of quitting MY addiction, which is none of your business, but YOU nor anyone can tell me otherwise. One simply CANNOT dispute PHYSICAL withdrawal symptoms disappearing within a matter of days (1-3 days).

This was already taken care of in February, stop trying to resurface your futile attempt to SLANDER TeamTLR.

It is a company of Love and Truth and the owner has done nothing but been kind and Loving to me.

STOP!

Wow, that is a strong emotional response, as if I had insulted your wife or girlfriend!

Edited by Hip, 05 August 2015 - 01:45 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:54 AM

We've been through this before.  TLR is not a scam.  The problem here is that one of their competitors is using bogus analytical methodology, generating wrong results, and smearing them on reddit.  After the competitor posted an improperly run chromatographic analysis of TLR's GHK-Cu and said that it wasn't what it was supposed to be, one of our members sent a sample of the same product to a third party analytical lab that did an HPLC/MS analysis.  The sample proved to be GHK of high purity.   We haven't run any proper analyses on any of TLR's proprietary (-OX) substances, but we have users that speak highly of the effectiveness of at least some of them. 

Do you have a link to this lab analysis on GHK-Cu? That was not mentioned in the lab tests detailed in the reddit post.

In the lab tests detailed in the reddit post, all of TLR's non-propriety products (whose ingredient was specified) that were tested turned out to be the actual real thing. It was only for the proprietary products (whose ingredients were not specified) that the lab analytical tests showed they comprised cheap supplements like taurine or maca.

So since GHK-Cu is a named and specified substance, the chances are that TLR is going to supply the real thing. In fact it would be illegal to offer for sale a named substance, but then provide a completely different substance to the purchaser. However, it is not illegal to sell a proprietary product whose ingredients are not specified, and then just supply taurine. That is perfectly legal. So I think for legal reasons, this is why True Life Research only pull this scam on propriety products.

I would suggest to get to the bottom of this, one would need to get a lab analysis on the same TLR propriety products such as ADDX-OX that were originally lab tested and detailed in the reddit post. 

Edited by Hip, 05 August 2015 - 01:58 AM.

• Ill informed x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

Niner debunked the nonsensical inept testing right here on Longecity, as well as such viewpoint was well supported by other members with expertise in this area. And wheres chain of custody anyway? WTF is ADJ01 EVEN? I know first hand the amazing efficacy of ADDX-OX and many of their other OX extracts. See their Mailer (attached) they sent out recently. This is a baloney re-hash of the same corrupt, sick bulldookie purveyed at the end of this past February to create advantage for Ceretropic in the market whereby Paul the owner of Ceretropic obviously has a willingness to use his position as moderator at Reddit to use such fraud and lies to try to defame TLR. SAD. PATHETIC. SOCIOPATHIC. END of story!

STOP!

Wow, that is a strong emotional response, as if I had insulted your wife or girlfriend!

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

Do you have a link to this lab analysis on GHK-Cu? That was not mentioned in the lab tests detailed in the reddit post.

In the lab tests detailed in the reddit post, all of TLR's non-propriety products (whose ingredient was specified) that were tested turned out to be the actual real thing. It was only for the proprietary products (whose ingredients were not specified) that the lab analytical tests showed they comprised cheap supplements like taurine or maca.

So since GHK-Cu is a named and specified substance, the chances are that TLR is going to supply the real thing. In fact it would be illegal to offer for sale a named substance, but then provide a completely different substance to the purchaser. However, it is not illegal to sell a proprietary product whose ingredients are not specified, and then just supply taurine. That is perfectly legal. So I think for legal reasons, this is why True Life Research only pull this scam on propriety products.

I would suggest to get to the bottom of this, one would need to get a lab analysis on the same TLR propriety products such as ADDX-OX that were originally lab tested and detailed in the reddit post. 

The analytical details are here.   You're acting as though the "lab tests" posted on reddit are legit.  They aren't.  They were done by a guy who isn't a chemist, but IS a competitor, and appears only to want to make TLR look bad.   They mean nothing.  Where were you when all this was being hashed out here months ago? 

• Informative x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#8 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:26 AM

The analytical details are here.   You're acting as though the "lab tests" posted on reddit are legit.  They aren't.  They were done by a guy who isn't a chemist, but IS a competitor, and appears only to want to make TLR look bad.   They mean nothing.  Where were you when all this was being hashed out here months ago? 

Thanks for the link.

Why are people here so strongly defending True Life Research? Do you have some sort of financial connection to them? If so, please declare this.

Accusations have been made that TLR's proprietary products are a scam, being just taurine power, and lab analyses to show this have been provided. 

For anyone reading such accusations, they would want know whether these accusations are legitimate or not. You have said they aren't legit, but how do you know this? How can you say with total certainly that the accusations are not legit? Such total certainty requires solid evidence. Where, may I ask, is your evidence?

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#9 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:19 PM

Myself and my associates used many of these OX extracts and were beyond impressed by their efficacy that were true to the descriptions. We also seem to have evidence Paul of Ceretropic who was behind the testing is obviously beyond biased and further totally incompetent and irresponsible. Totally enough said!

Excerpt from mailer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

GHK/GHK-Cu 1:1 Mix Independent Lab Testing Results

Please Click this LINK to view the thorough, properly and professionally conducted, independent third-party assay of a sample of the GHK/GHK-Cu 1:1 Mix, with as well included the sample remittance sheet to display valid and documented chain of custody. Said report clearly and unequivocally shows the material is indeed GHK peptides >98%. Due to the inherent nature of the GHK-base and GHK-Cu-bound peptides they cannot be separated, as so noted and elaborated upon thoroughly within the very diligent and well performed analytical testing and commentary by the lab technician of this lab. They certainly went well above and beyond what anyone would expect from a lab, and did a superlative job within it all.

Summary Overview of Prior Highly Faulty Testings by Paul of Ceretropic:

(1) First 'tests' assayed about four clearly defined synthetic chemicals (CAS# compounds), as well as a handful of extracts, a couple of which were of our proprietary extracts. Further, to note, some extracts that are not even site items were assayed, as were given to the individual who submitted them to Paul, which were given for free for research within the area so involved. No chain of custody of course is at all of any merit or documentation here.

Testing showed all synthetic chems to be in order and comply to standard. However, the basic conclusion derived that most all the extracts and 'proprietary extracts' were ALL TAURINE. Obviously an extract, and a proprietary material, is more complex to assay, but c'mon here, this is a grossly erroneous result and nonsensical conclusion.

How people could not readily see this as preposterous is beyond all reason and rationale. Firstly, just on visual inspection, as well as odor inspection, it is readily perceived this could not be 'only' a synthetic(non-herbal) material of any nature, within taurine being a whitish, synthetically produced common amino acid. Further still, whatever anyone may think of the qualifications of those within TLR or matters involving the Project itself, it is beyond ridiculous to think that IF one was purveying something as an extract of any nature they would substitute “all taurine” for said extract. Obviously, if one were supplying, 'bunk/junk' extracts they still could just use some basic and highly inexpensive extract or blend of extracts more than readily enough. Of course, most all those who have experimented with our extracts know that they are truly as described, are distinctly unique, and of great benefit and value to progressive research. “All Taurine” = “All Absurdly Ridiculous!” as to the conclusion here by said party. Shameful...

(2) Next, our GHK/GHK-Cu 1:1 Mix was tested. To put it succinctly, these first results came in with the determination that there was NO GHK at all, and that the main component appeared to be "Poria Cocos". Within that 'perversely bizarre' conclusion we'll keep the commentary short here, as one would hope all can see just how Absurdly Ridiculous this would be as well.

(3) Then, once again, Paul assayed the GHK/GHK-Cu 1:1 Mix, after what appears to be purchasing a reasonably extensive amount of analytical equipment as seemed indicated. This time the results showed a few different 'substances' appeared to be within the vials in ratios with no correspondence to much of anything, and the conclusion that NO GHK at all was present in the sample. There was of course no accounting for the deep blue color, or anything that really made sense here. The only difference with this testing, so pointed out within the GHK thread on Longecity by two knowledgeable individuals to be highly flawed, was that at least the results were not outright Absurdly Ridiculous as prior findings. Still though, the results were absurdly ridiculous in error within being so removed from anything resembling a qualified assay of any sound nature or that someone would still be looking to post in-house results on any matter given all the lack of credible results to date, as so pointed out again by people with actual knowledge in this area..

That any of these highly unprofessional and irresponsible 'results' were ever posted is a disgrace in so many ways it is shameful and an embarrassment to any standards of conduct and professionalism, or even common sense for that matter. We certainly do not wish to have to spend time here making such points, but such sadly need to be unequivocally made. Therein, it would be Ridiculously Absurd, if all who can now one would assume easily see what is what, actually cannot see clearly "what is what" here, and as to which parties are responsible and professional, and which are very much not.

This is end of discussion, as certainly we do not wish some baseless defense or further hassles and headaches from all this ridiculously absurd nonsense that we have had to bear such negative impact from. This all seems more than simple and conclusive. Note, this is as well all of a matter that is very readily able to be litigated quite successfully, as regards clear defamation and slander, so within that one may best think before mucking around policing the businesses of others, especially wherein a clear conflict of interest and position of authority/power that is a further conflict of interest and burden of responsibility is as well at play...

Within all this, of course herein we have demonstrated and made apparent the highly flawed testings that were:

• Instituted by a party with a definitive conflict of interest, and what has shown as an 'agenda of bias' (put mildly) from Day One of the launch of Project TLR

• Conducted by rank amateurs

• Conducted with no qualification of authentic Chain of Custody

• Certainly not conducted with coordination of a qualified third party laboratory or competent lab tech

• Totally in error, or further still outright absurd, within the conclusion and results so noted

• Certainly NOT at all responsible or respectful to be posted anywhere

We certainly do not want to have to address such things in such a manner, but when one's hand is forced within it all, within which when such slander, defamation, and 'beyond' arises, the need is presented to be thorough in doing so. Hopefully it is easy enough to see within it all the record has been now set straight. We at TLR take greatest pride to do all to maintain highest standards and integrity. Thank you.

• WellResearched x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#10 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

Thanks Colby for posting True Life Research's response to the accusation that their expensive proprietary products ADDX-OX, MORP-OX, HDAC-OX and ADJ01 are just taurine.

TLR's response to this accusation is laughable: it's a completely unscientific response. It is packed full of strong and exaggerated words and adjectives like "grossly erroneous", "preposterous is beyond all reason and rationale", "absurdly ridiculous", "highly unprofessional and irresponsible", "disgrace", "shameful", "outright absurd", etc. 

But in spite of all these over-the-top words, TLR do not provide a shred of scientific or laboratory evidence that their products are legitimate. 

Anyone can use hyperbolic words. But where are the facts? TLR are not providing any. 

Caveat emptor

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 12:00 AM.

• Agree x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#11 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

http://www.longecity...-20#entry737846

It has been said COUNTLESS times specifically why the OXs can't be tested. You seem to have decent organizational skills with your posts, can you really not comprehend something as simple as this? It is proprietary for a reason... If you chose to hate and not believe it, that is YOUR decision.

Thanks Colby for posting True Life Research's response to the accusation that their expensive proprietary products ADDX-OX, MORP-OX, HDAC-OX and ADJ01 are just taurine.

TLR's response to this accusation is laughable: it's a completely unscientific response. It is packed full of strong and exaggerated words and adjectives like "grossly erroneous", "preposterous is beyond all reason and rationale", "absurdly ridiculous", "highly unprofessional and irresponsible", "disgrace", "shameful", "outright absurd", etc. 

But in spite of all these over-the-top words, TLR do not provide a shred of scientific or laboratory evidence that their products are legitimate. 

Anyone can use hyperbolic words. But where are the facts? TLR are not providing any. 

Caveat emptor

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#12 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

Hip - Ceretrophic shill. Ok. Noted.
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#13 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

These are proprietary products so what lack of intellect does it take to see they are not yielding their valued intellectual property. The Bigger Issue Is Your obvious Agenda AND Paul of Ceretropic being obviously incompetent, irresponsible, and outright using his influence to spread defamatory propaganda with no basis in sound science whatsoever. My admonishment: Beware of sociopaths with agendas and ulterior motives who will go to any and all measures to serve their own self-serving agendas.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#14 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:31 AM

http://www.longecity...-20#entry737846

It has been said COUNTLESS times specifically why the OXs can't be tested. You seem to have decent organizational skills with your posts, can you really not comprehend something as simple as this? It is proprietary for a reason... If you chose to hate and not believe it, that is YOUR decision.

Colby, think about it: the idea that these products are proprietary in order to prevent competitors from copying them is nonsense. Any competitor could get a lab analysis done on the product, and work out the ingredients, and then sell their own identical version of the product. After all, this is exactly what Paul did. 

So clearly, secrecy is not the reason they are sold as proprietary products.

The only good reason I can think of as to why these products are proprietary is so that TLR can legally supply you with taurine.  

By the way, TLR's GHK-Cu (glycyl-histidyl-lysine) product would have to be the real thing, because it would be illegal to substitute GHK-Cu for taurine, or any other supplement. So we would expect lab tests on TLR's GHK-Cu to show the real thing. So that proves nothing. 

However, when you are selling a proprietary product with secret ingredients, you can legally supply taurine. In fact, if it is a proprietary product, you could supply anything. That is the real reason I would think these TLR products are sold as proprietary products.

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 12:32 AM.

• Good Point x 5
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1

#15 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for the link.

Why are people here so strongly defending True Life Research? Do you have some sort of financial connection to them? If so, please declare this.

Accusations have been made that TLR's proprietary products are a scam, being just taurine power, and lab analyses to show this have been provided. 

For anyone reading such accusations, they would want know whether these accusations are legitimate or not. You have said they aren't legit, but how do you know this? How can you say with total certainly that the accusations are not legit? Such total certainty requires solid evidence. Where, may I ask, is your evidence?

I hereby declare and avow that I have no financial ties whatsoever to TLR.  I don't even know who they are in real life, and I'm not a customer.  My sole interest is in fighting what I see as a gross injustice.  I'm a chemist with analytical experience.  Ceretropic is not a chemist.  His results are wrong because he didn't use the right methodology to test TLR's proprietary mixtures.   Most pharmaceuticals that are formulated in capsules use a bulking agent so that one capful contains the right amount of the active ingredient, which might be as little as a few milligrams.  It appears that TLR used taurine as the bulking agent.  Ceretropic took a quick IR spectrum OF THE MIXTURE, and got something that (surprise...) looked like taurine.  That's because it contains a lot of taurine.  That doesn't mean it's fake.  Ceretropic may have meant well, and thought he was exposing a fraud, but he used wrong results that looked "sciencey" to essentially slander TLR in a large public forum.  Everyone is worried about nootropic providers selling stuff that isn't right, and Ceretropic fed into those fears and made a competitor look bad.  That's just not right.   If he wants to be a standup guy and do the right thing, he should post a retraction and take down those posts. 

My other interest is in seeing a competent and competitive marketplace for research chemicals and nootropics.  Wrecking a company that appears to be providing products that people find valuable makes that marketplace weaker.

Edited by niner, 06 August 2015 - 12:55 AM.

• Agree x 3
  • Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#16 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:02 AM

By the way, a new tech gadget is going on sale soon that attaches to your smartphone, and turns your smartphone into a chemical analysis device. That means you will be able to chemically analyze pretty much anything, not only the drugs and supplements you buy, but also food products, the alcohol content of your drinks, the chemicals in your home, etc.

The device is called unispectral, and you can see a video of how it operates here. There is an article about unispectral here

I read somewhere that the cost of this unispectral chemical analyser will probably be around the $200 mark, which will be well worth having if you buy a lots of drugs and supplements online, and want to check their quality and what they really contain. This device will revolutionize life for consumers, as it will enable people to instantly work out the chemical contents of nearly everything around them. 

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 01:04 AM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#17 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:39 AM

I hereby declare and avow that I have no financial ties whatsoever to TLR.  I don't even know who they are in real life, and I'm not a customer.  My sole interest is in fighting what I see as a gross injustice.  I'm a chemist with analytical experience.  Ceretropic is not a chemist.  His results are wrong because he didn't use the right methodology to test TLR's proprietary mixtures.   Most pharmaceuticals that are formulated in capsules use a bulking agent so that one capful contains the right amount of the active ingredient, which might be as little as a few milligrams.  It appears that TLR used taurine as the bulking agent.  Ceretropic took a quick IR spectrum OF THE MIXTURE, and got something that (surprise...) looked like taurine.  That's because it contains a lot of taurine.  That doesn't mean it's fake.  Ceretropic may have meant well, and thought he was exposing a fraud, but he used wrong results that looked "sciencey" to essentially slander TLR in a large public forum.  Everyone is worried about nootropic providers selling stuff that isn't right, and Ceretropic fed into those fears and made a competitor look bad.  That's just not right.   If he wants to be a standup guy and do the right thing, he should post a retraction and take down those posts. 

My other interest is in seeing a competent and competitive marketplace for research chemicals and nootropics.  Wrecking a company that appears to be providing products that people find valuable makes that marketplace weaker.

If that were the case that TLR simply used taurine as the bulking agent, why did they not make that clear in their response (posted above) to these accusations? 

Also, if TLR is a true innovator in research chemicals and nootropics, you would expect them as a company to have a scientific mindset. Yet the kind of hyperbolic, emotive language they used in writing their response seems to indicate they have anything but a scientific stance. 

But one odd thing about the chemical analysis that Paul of Ceretropic had done is that some of the products do not seem to exist on the TLR website.

These products that I could not find on the TLR website are: ADJ01, ADJB1 and ADJ01. Yet Paul had tests done on these.

So I am not sure what is going there. Anyone have an idea where these product names came from?

All in all, I can see no clear conclusion here. Certainly if anyone was buying specific drugs or chemicals from TLR whose ingredients are given, the tests on some of these showed they were the real thing, so there is no issue there.

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 01:46 AM.

• Good Point x 4
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#18 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

By the way, a new tech gadget is going on sale soon that attaches to your smartphone, and turns your smartphone into a chemical analysis device. That means you will be able to chemically analyze pretty much anything, not only the drugs and supplements you buy, but also food products, the alcohol content of your drinks, the chemicals in your home, etc.

The device is called unispectral, and you can see a video of how it operates here. There is an article about unispectral here

I read somewhere that the cost of this unispectral chemical analyser will probably be around the $200 mark, which will be well worth having if you buy a lots of drugs and supplements online, and want to check their quality and what they really contain. This device will revolutionize life for consumers, as it will enable people to instantly work out the chemical contents of nearly everything around them. 

Has this device been demonstrated to work?  The video said nothing about how it worked, other than to make an unsupported claim that it could analyze an alcoholic beverage.  It's probably a form of IR spectrometer.  The article says that they are shopping around for someone who can provide the service that will translate their spectral data into useful information.  They sound like electronics geeks who have no idea how difficult this problem is.  I'll believe it when they can demonstrate that they can successfully analyze complex non-homogeneous mixtures like drugs.  I expect that to happen, um... never.

• Agree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#19 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

If that were the case that TLR simply used taurine as the bulking agent, why did they not make that clear in their response (posted above) to these accusations? 

Also, if TLR is a true innovator in research chemicals and nootropics, you would expect them as a company to have a scientific mindset. Yet the kind of hyperbolic, emotive language they used in writing their response seems to indicate they have anything but a scientific stance.

TLR has communication issues.  I'll certainly grant you that.

All in all, I can see no clear conclusion here. Certainly if anyone was buying specific drugs or chemicals from TLR whose ingredients are given, the tests on some of these showed they were the real thing, so there is no issue there.

This sounds like you still believe that Ceretropic's "test" results have any merit.  The conclusion here is that we know as much about TLR's proprietary mixtures as we ever did, which is more or less nothing.  There is ZERO evidence that they are "fake".  There are a number of satisfied customers who have posted here (and on reddit).  These people think that the mixtures are doing something useful.

• Agree x 3
  • unsure x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#20 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:22 AM

Has this device been demonstrated to work?  The video said nothing about how it worked, other than to make an unsupported claim that it could analyze an alcoholic beverage.  It's probably a form of IR spectrometer.  The article says that they are shopping around for someone who can provide the service that will translate their spectral data into useful information.  They sound like electronics geeks who have no idea how difficult this problem is.  I'll believe it when they can demonstrate that they can successfully analyze complex non-homogeneous mixtures like drugs.  I expect that to happen, um... never.

Sorry, the link I posted above is wrong. It's for a different, less developed product to the one I was actually thinking of. 

The actual chemical analyser product I was think of is this SCiO gadget:

SCiO molecular sensor — on this website you can pre-order the product for $249. I understand it is going to be released soon. 

On the same website, this page explains how SCiO works (it uses near-IR spectroscopy).

Here are a couple of articles from Wired magazine about SCiO:

Scio pocket 'food-sniffing' sensor shipping to devs (Wired UK)

Pocket sensor Scio tells you the chemical makeup of foods (Wired UK)

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 02:24 AM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Ill informed x 2
  • like x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#21 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:35 AM

This sounds like you still believe that Ceretropic's "test" results have any merit.  The conclusion here is that we know as much about TLR's proprietary mixtures as we ever did, which is more or less nothing.  There is ZERO evidence that they are "fake".  There are a number of satisfied customers who have posted here (and on reddit).  These people think that the mixtures are doing something useful.

Well ADDX-OX is touted on the TLR website to be more effective that ibogaine in terms of curbing addiction. Since ibogaine can stop the cold turkey of a heroin addict in its tracks, let's hear some reports from heroin users who eliminated their normal cold turkey with ADDX-OX. If ADDX-OX can be shown to do that, then it would indicate it is legit.

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 02:37 AM.

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#22 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:38 AM

In this situation specifically, is the only time their vocabulary has strayed from the normal 'Scientific Stance' you speak of. It's so obvious you are trying to hate from every angle available. The owner may be 'alien-like' with his wording, in the sense that it is so complex it is sometimes difficult to understand, (in some instances) but I believe the reason he was so "hyperbolically, emotive with his language", in the Mailer, was due to this on-going attempt (for months) at slandering TeamTLR. This has been going on since February, and I don't know anyone with more patience than Forty Six & Two, but he is obviously becoming fed up with this.

I hope this is the last I see of this faulty Ceretropic testing.

Have a good day everyone, sorry about being so hostile. I'm just tired of this injustice, as is Niner.

But one odd thing about the chemical analysis that Paul of Ceretropic had done is that some of the products do not seem to exist on the TLR website.

These products that I could not find on the TLR website are: ADJ01, ADJB1 and ADJ01. Yet Paul had tests done on these.

So I am not sure what is going there. Anyone have an idea where these product names came from?

• Disagree x 5
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#23 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:12 AM

I have just discovered the original thread where these allegedly fraudulent practices by True Life Research were first discussed. 

The first thing I have to say after reading it is wow, what bizarre language Forty Six & 2 uses! He writes many paragraphs, but says nothing! He hides behind his highfalutin (but often grammatically incorrect) words, never really addressing any questions, or explaining any issues. If I were judging True Life Research by the way he communicates, I would take a dim view of the company. Aren't there any other representatives of TLR that could come to this forum, and talk in a more down-to-Earth, straightforward manner? Perhaps there are people at TLR who can express themselves in normal language, that could present the company, and these issues, in a better light.

Niner, I was also reading your discussion with Ceretropic in that thread (in these posts: #133,  #135,  #167,  #179), about the analytical methods used, and whether even if the samples tested were mostly taurine, some other active ingredients might still be present that do not appear in the analysis results. On this issue, there were two opposing statements made:

Ceretropic said: I discussed the results with the lab tech that ran them, and asked if there could be other things in the sample, with Taurine as a filler. He said that given the lack of other peaks, there was nothing else significantly structurally different in the sample.

Niner said: It would be easy for a low concentration active ingredient to be lost in the noise of the IR spectrum.

So these are opposing views. I don't really have the expertise to comment on this (my education was in physics, not chemistry), but are you still asserting that a low concentration active ingredient(s) could be present in the sample, but not show up in the analysis results?

It's not clear to me why nobody has taken up on Ceretropic's offer (in this post) to pay for lab testing of TLR's products, at any lab chosen. Niner, you seem to have considerable expertise in chemical testing methods: aren't you tempted to take up Ceretropic's offer?

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 06:14 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#24 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

Shut up already with your obvious attempt at slander and hate. You've now resorted to attacking Forty Six & Two's grammar for god sakes. Keep your last pathetic attempt at hate to yourself & get a life already. This has been repeated and explained multiple times now and all clearly shows your agenda as a shill of Ceretropic and how bizarrely poor Ceretropic have conducted themselves in all aspects. Man what doesn't this guy get being it's all been made so obvious. I guess what he doesn't get is how to move on & get a life, lol.
  • Unfriendly x 3
  • Good Point x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#25 Hip

• Topic Starter
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

Colby, I realize Forty Six & Two may have become your personal spiritual guru, and that all the adages he comes up with like "Truth = Beauty = Light = Love" perhaps have a deep mystical meaning for you; they may rock your spiritual boat.

But for me it sounds like he may have taken too high a dose of some strange psychedelic drug, and never quite returned from a parallel universe. 

From my own perspective, I wish these True Life Research proprietary products were genuine, because they look interesting. At the moment, I am taking microdoses of iboga bark root, in the hope that the ibogaine in it will may have some benefits for the conditions I suffer from (chronic fatigue syndrome and anhedonia). I am hoping ibogaine may help reset my neurotransmitters in some beneficial way. That's actually how I first came across ADDX-OX, and these issues surrounding it, while I was researching ibogaine. On the True Life Research website, they state that ADDX-OX is more effective than ibogaine. Now if this were true, then ADDX-OX looks worth investigating.

Although I would find it very disconcerting to take a chemical like ADDX-OX that likely not only has never been properly researched for its safety, but also is not even named or specified. It's just a mystery chemical. Now I know the average kid on the street is happy to consume all manner of psychoactive research chemicals these days; they will shove anything down their throat, as long as the packet it's sold in has a funky psychedelic design with bright colors. But I am not so eager to shove unknown untested chemicals down my throat.

Possibly TLR may make most of their money from the average kid on the street who's happy to swallow any old untested mystery pill. Throw in a few ecstasy/rave-inspired spiritual sound bites like "Truth = Beauty = Light = Love", and you have got yourself in business. You become a mystery drug supplier, and spiritual guru to the kids in the street.

To be honest, I am not sure how to judge Forty Six & Two. He and TLR may be fully legit, and may well be producing genuine new research chemicals, albeit with mystery formulas. But it does occur to me that he may just be using his spiritual sound bites as mystical smooth talk, to distract from the fact that he is pulling the wool over people's eyes. He would not be the first spiritual guru-type character in history to use spiritual patter to pull the wool over people's eyes. These are the two possibilities I see. That's why it would be nice to have a better lab analysis done on TLR proprietary products, to get to the bottom of this issue.

Edited by Hip, 06 August 2015 - 04:09 PM.

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#26 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

For the record, Forty Six & Two has never consumed a psychedelic in his life. I've asked him once.

Ok buddy you keep micro dosing your Ibogaine & continue consuming all your research chemicals from Ceretropic and leave TeamTLR alone. Consistent slander…
If what is in here is truly Taurine, to your belief, then what you're saying is contradicting. These are Optimized XTRACTS, to my belief. It's not like everything on Ceretropic, or all research chemicals for that matter, have been heavily studied in the first place? Some, but not all. And barely any have been studied when pertaining to long term effects. We ALL on this forum know the risks of consuming ANY research chemical. If you do not wish to do so, then DONT. Simple as that. Now, keep it to yourself and MOVE ON with your life. Lol, this guy never stop. It's almost amusing due to how unbelievably obvious it is you're a shill for Ceretropic. You attack at EVERY SINGLE angle you possibly can. It's pathetic you attempt to hault potential progress for the HUMAN RACE for your own SELFISH desires.
  • Unfriendly x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#27 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

BTW, one of the main reasons I am so passionate about TLR, above just wishing to counter gross slander and sociopathic-minded agenda, is again that myself and my acquaintances/associates have used several of their OX Optimized Xtracts and we've been beyond blown away as nothing else comes even close to what they do. It's actually startling in the efficacy and more than true to what is within their descriptions. I certainly hope others look into them and see for themselves so as to reap such unique and potent benefits. Thanks for realizing anything further you note otherwise is simply a total shill obvious cheap shot knock on my character and credibility, simply as you cannot simply handle the truth!

Edited by Colby, 06 August 2015 - 04:55 PM.

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Agree x 1

#28 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

Another member who enjoyed the OX product/s: http://www.longecity...gonist-korx-ox/

• Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

#29 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

Oh oh, you were doing so well "Colby" until you said this...

"Thanks for realizing anything further you note otherwise is simply a total shill obvious cheap shot knock on my character and credibility, simply as you cannot simply handle the truth!"

Who 's character ???

You slipped up buddy, Lol
  • Agree x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

If you or Hip don't believe my testimony of the efficacy that would directly be an attack on MY CHARACTER AND CREDIBILITY. Which is the crap they are trying to spin now. ....And more nonsense from the sociopathic haters of camp Ceretropic Someone lock this already so these misguided children can go back to their Ceretropic playpen.
  • Disagree x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scam, true life research, teamtlr, addx-ox, datatinib, senolytix, trustworthy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users