• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 16 votes

Nicotinamide Riboside [Curated]

nicotinamide riboside nicotinamide nad boosting charles brenner david sinclair leonard guarente niagen niacinamide nicotinamide mononucleotide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2255 replies to this topic

#961 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

I see this as another confirmation that my 400 to 500 mg per day is useful.  (BTW After more than 3 months of 400mg of NR my homocysteine is very slightly lower than the perfectly normal level it was about 6 months ago.)

• Informative x 2
  • Cheerful x 2

#962 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Is there anything wrong with taking both Niacin AND Nicotinamide Riboside together? I am trying that right now but not sure if I should be. I can handle the flush as it doesn't really affect me much (could be the NR somehow). I figure it would save on the amount of NR I'd have to take.

While I have noticed a considerable improvement in many areas in terms of energy and work outs I've yet to notice an effect on my neurodegenerative movement disorder. Bryan are there any studies on how NR might affect neurodegernation and movement disorders? Essential Tremor in my case and Parkinson's? Perhaps it would take more therapeutic levels of the stuff?

I don't see a problem with taking them together.

Parkinson’s I'm sorry to hear that.

Nothing specific has been studied related to (NR) for your condition but I've seen a study related to raising NAD+ with Nicotinamide. Still again I read one study that suggested the mechanism Behind Nicotinamide Riboside could be translated into future treatment for diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's. But as far as I've seen no clinical studies have yet been proposed.

Modulation of NAD+ levels lead to neuroprotective effects in a Drosophila model of Parkinson’s disease

http://www.enzolifes...nson-s-disease/

Edited by Bryan_S, 16 July 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#963 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

Actually I have Essential Tremor, which isn't deadly but has the same neurodegenerative nature as Parkinson's, but doesn't involve dopamine but rather GABA and Purkinje cells.

Thanks for the info, glad to hear that Niacin + NR isn't a bad combo. I think my benefits from both and possibly other NAD+ related items like quercetin + bromelain and apigenin are helping in ways I never even expected. Perhaps at least it will stop ET's progression.

I wish it would help my sore lower back but I think that's solved by a new mattress.

Edited by Nate-2004, 16 July 2016 - 06:18 PM.

#964 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:46 PM

Actually I have Essential Tremor, which isn't deadly but has the same neurodegenerative nature as Parkinson's, but doesn't involve dopamine but rather GABA and Purkinje cells.

Have you looked at Honokiol? It modulates gaba and is believed to have neuroprotective effects.

Edited by stefan_001, 16 July 2016 - 07:47 PM.

• Cheerful x 1

#965 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:18 PM

Yes I'm currently taking Honokiol. No real effect so far though unless it's preventing further degeneration to which I can't really detect without a wait and see in a few years.

#966 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

Another Clinical Study was posted this week. This brings the total count for Human Clinical testing of (NR) to 9 listed studies.

Nicotinamide Riboside and Metabolic Health

https://clinicaltria...Riboside&rank=2

Experimental: Nicotinamide Riboside

Supplementation of Nicotinamide Riboside (Niagen) of 1000 mg/day for 6 weeks. 2 capsules in the morning together with breakfast and 2 capsules around noon together with lunch. Each capsule contains 250 mg.

Placebo Comparator: Placebo

Supplementation of Placebo of 1000 mg/day for 6 weeks. 2 capsules in the morning together with breakfast and 2 capsules around noon together with lunch. Each capsule contains 250 mg.

Study to Evaluate the Effect of Nicotinamide Riboside on Immunity

First received: June 23, 2016

https://www.clinical...&show_rss=Y

Edited by Bryan_S, 19 July 2016 - 12:52 AM.

• like x 4

#967 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:31 PM

The above study will be concluded in April 2017, so we can add this to the studies of which we will hear nothing about for a year or two. 

• Good Point x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#968 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

This appeared today in BioPortfolio

2016-07-19 02:23:21 | BioPortfolio

Another Clinical Study was posted this week. This brings the total count for Human Clinical testing of (NR) to 9 listed studies.

https://clinicaltria...Riboside&rank=2

Experimental: Nicotinamide Riboside

Supplementation of Nicotinamide Riboside (Niagen) of 1000 mg/day for 6 weeks. 2 capsules in the morning together with breakfast and 2 capsules around noon together with lunch. Each capsule contains 250 mg.

Placebo Comparator: Placebo

Supplementation of Placebo of 1000 mg/day for 6 weeks. 2 capsules in the morning together with breakfast and 2 capsules around noon together with lunch. Each capsule contains 250 mg.

Study to Evaluate the Effect of Nicotinamide Riboside on Immunity

First received: June 23, 2016

https://www.clinical...&show_rss=Y

• Informative x 1

#969 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:50 PM

ChromaDex Clinical Trial Studying NIAGEN® Well Underway, With Eight Additional Collaborative Human Studies Active

http://globenewswire...ies-Active.html

BRIEF-Chromadex study of NIAGEN nicotinamide riboside underway with 50 pct enrollment of 140 participants

#970 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

ChromaDex Clinical Trial Studying NIAGEN® Well Underway, With Eight Additional Collaborative Human Studies Active

BRIEF-Chromadex study of NIAGEN nicotinamide riboside underway with 50 pct enrollment of 140 participants

Fantastic that this appears to be a much larger scale study.

I notice that they mostly concentrate on muscle tissue when looking at NAD+ levels. I saw a graph you posted earlier about the concentrations of NAD in various cells but it appears that muscle is where it is most utilized. This explains my recent bout of strength and muscle mass and better performance at the squat rack. I am guessing that when it comes to reversing or slowing age, that the NAD+ issue is mostly centered around aging muscle, leaving other issues like extracellular junk (AGEs, lipofuscin, etc) and the things that effect other tissues and organs like skin, eyes, etc, to be taken care of by other means?

#971 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

I just found this 30 minute interview with David Sinclair from spring.

A discussion of NAD, NMN and NR starts at 13:45, and they discuss NR /  Elysium at 25:10:

Sinclair says that he understands why Leonard Guarente created Elysium Basis since "He's at the age where if it doesn't happen within the next ten years just forget it anyway, so I understand that. I'm not taking that route, but I see the attraction." 

http://www.apeironce...david-sinclair/

• Informative x 1

#972 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

I just found this 30 minute interview with David Sinclair from spring.

A discussion of NAD, NMN and NR starts at 13:45, and they discuss NR /  Elysium at 25:10:

Sinclair says that he understands why Leonard Guarente created Elysium Basis since "He's at the age where if it doesn't happen within the next ten years just forget it anyway, so I understand that. I'm not taking that route, but I see the attraction." 

http://www.apeironce...david-sinclair/

This is the very first I've heard of TA-65. Wow that stuff is expensive. I guess I should search and see what's being discussed about it on the forum but I'm surprised Sinclaire isn't taking NR. Why the hesitation? It's not like he's a super young guy either.

#973 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

This is the very first I've heard of TA-65. Wow that stuff is expensive. I guess I should search and see what's being discussed about it on the forum but I'm surprised Sinclaire isn't taking NR. Why the hesitation? It's not like he's a super young guy either.

Well, Sinclair said last summer that he is taking 1,000 mg of resveratrol. On the youtube video I posted a year ago on the resveratrol thread where Sinclair discusses his research and anti-aging in general in Sydney in 2014, he does say "Resveratrol is old technology. We think we have something better with the NAD+ approach." (paraphrase)

I've also been curious as well why he doesn't take NR. This is just a guess, but I think he is happy with his excellent blood work (according to his doctor) while taking a lot of resveratrol as he mentioned in an article last year and is waiting on NMN coming down in price before he considers taking that.  

#974 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

Well, Sinclair said last summer that he is taking 1,000 mg of resveratrol. On the youtube video I posted a year ago on the resveratrol thread where Sinclair discusses his research and anti-aging in general in Sydney in 2014, he does say "Resveratrol is old technology. We think we have something better with the NAD+ approach." (paraphrase)

I've also been curious as well why he doesn't take NR. This is just a guess, but I think he is happy with his excellent blood work (according to his doctor) while taking a lot of resveratrol as he mentioned in an article last year and is waiting on NMN coming down in price before he considers taking that.  

I guess good blood work is a fine reason but I had good blood work before all this so, not sure what it's being compared to. The whole point is slowing aging or reversing it, not just having good blood work. 

And why NMN? From what I hear NMN is useless since it gets converted to NR again before entering the cell. I don't know what that means technically or why, but that was the reason I had heard other people say on why NMN was a waste.

I read all the posts about TA-65. Sounds dubious. The news on Elizabeth Parrish's gene therapy sounds really nice however, wish we all had access to that. I still get the feeling we'll be facing a philosophical backlash from many demographics and an attempt to get government to ban it on religious grounds.

Edited by Nate-2004, 21 July 2016 - 09:21 PM.

#975 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:24 AM

I haven't studied the TA-65 angle and Telomerase Activation. This doesn't necessarily imply or spell cellular health because cancers also can hijack this and there is a lawsuit pending in the news. I've also read TA-65 is a “weak telomerase activator” anyway. However the NMN, NR issue is a more simpler one. If they can produce NMN at a competitive price whats the difference? This rational is predicated on if it isn't broken down in the gut, which is still in question. If so why not take nicotinamide? We will see these arguments for years to come until an up-to-date study sorts this out.

Aubrey De Grey spoke about NR the other day and said; "I'm generally pessimistic about the human longevity potential for any intervention that seeks to mimic calorie restriction, i.e. to induce the same changes of gene expression that CR induces, because the best that can be expected from such an approach is what CR itself gives, and that seems to be much less in long-lived species than in short-lived ones. But there may nonetheless be good health benefits, so I'm all for this research." Some questions were asked about the CD38 studies and the recent one on cellular senescence. Now he didn't respond to questions to sort out his pessimism but my read is he's all for the research but not for chasing CR's benefits. JMHO

Edited by Bryan_S, 23 July 2016 - 04:27 AM.

• Informative x 1

#976 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

Forgive my ignorance.... What is NMN ?

#977 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Forgive my ignorance.... What is NMN ?

Nicotinamide mononucleotide

#978 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:11 AM

forgive my ignorance.... What is NMN ?

Nicotinamide mononucleotide

Thanks Midas :-)

You're as good as gold...  (as my mother would say).

#979 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:38 AM

Hello people,

I have a question:

Here's the intro:

Earlier on in these NR threads people were

suggesting taking Nicotinamide, or Niacin, to increase NAD+ levels.

Interestingly, no one ever suggested taking inositol hexanicotinate

(the 3rd form of vitamin B3) to increase NAD+.

More recently, David Sinclair thinks taking NMN might be

a good idea.  (to boost NAD+)

And there have been several discussions about pathways

that might lead from Nicotinamide (or Niacin) to NAD+.

I can't help thinking that there might be a link between the

extraordinary ability of large doses of niacin to rescue

people from depression and addictive behaviours... and NAD+. 

(for evidence of niacin's efficacy research Abram Hoffer)

Maybe there's a conversion rate, say X% of some quantity

of niacin is converted into NAD+ (eg in the brain). 

And that this, in part, explains the efficacy of niacin. 

It's just a hypothesis.

Here's the Question:

But this hypothesis makes me wonder what are the conversion rates ?

If i take 1 gram of X, how many milligrams of NAD+ is rendered ?

Specifically:

What's the conversion rate between Nicotinamide and NAD+ ?

What's the conversion rate between Niacin and NAD+ ?

What's the conversion rate between Inositol hexanicotinate and NAD+ ?

What's the conversion rate between NR and NAD+ ?

What's the conversion rate between NMN and NAD+ ?

My guess is that this research already exists out there or else

how did someone, somewhere, decide to use NR,  rather

than Niacin or Nicotinamide in these studies.

Maybe it's cost effective to take some 1 gram of Niacin

to induce, say, the production of 150 mg of NAD+

Is NMN comparable to NR in terms of it's conversion rate

to NAD+ ?

Thanks to anyone that replies :-)

Addendum: 

Is it a red flag that Sinclair wont take NR but will take NMN ?

Edited by playground, 25 July 2016 - 05:43 AM.

#980 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:53 AM

Playground, If you find the research you mention, be sure to summarize it in this thread!  However, researchers have chosen to experiment with NR because of its special pathway of NADboosting and its repeated positive effects in animal models.

About Sinclair: Since the resveratrol hype Sinclair has an almost godly status with many people. It is very positive that he does not even want to come near a recommendation at this stage of the research, because if he says he takes it people will start to take it by  grams. In the video someone posted above he says that the security profile is not yet specific enough, which is correct. In the course of 2017 we will know more about this.

He also says BTW that he can understand that Guarente being in his sixties has started taking NR.

Edited by harkijn, 25 July 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#981 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

Playground, If you find the research you mention, be sure to summarize it in this thread!  However, researchers have chosen to experiment with NR because of its special pathway of NADboosting and its repeated positive effects in animal models.

About Sinclair: Since the resveratrol hype Sinclair has an almost godly status with many people. It is very positive that he does not even want to come near a recommendation at this stage of the research, because if he says he takes it people will start to take it by  grams. In the video someone posted above he says that the security profile is not yet specific enough, which is correct. In the course of 2017 we will know more about this.

He also says BTW that he can understand that Guarente being in his sixties has started taking NR.

Personally I think Sinclair doesn't want to endorse NR because its not invented by him and he has no IPR on it and therefore no commercial gain. So he is looking for something invented by him... 

• Agree x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#982 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:21 AM

Your argument is that he fears the safety profile of NR

and that he is concerned about people taking NR in gram amounts.

Why is he not equally concerned about the safety profile of NMN ?

Why is he not equally concerned about people taking NMN in gram amounts ?

He says he wont take NR... but he will take NMN.

It's not very consistent.... i suspect something's up.

#983 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Playground, I do not know about Sinclair's fears but I can understand his reticence in endorsing NR for human use at this stage.I think we are all curious to know the results of the present human trials and I hope he will make a new statement then.

For the rest we can only speculate: perhaps Stefan is right and Sinclair's just desillusioned because his research started the interest in Nicotinamide and he has no patent pending.

About the two safety profiles: way back in this thread someone (I think it was Logic) speculated that the fact that NMN needs a two step conversion to NAD gives the body extra possibilities to get rid of superfluous Nicotinamide. NR only takes one step.  i don't think his idea was pursued any further but it seems a worthwile thought to keep in mind.

Another , mundane reason why Sinclair could be not too worried about NMN is that it is wildly expensive....

#984 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:55 PM

I think it's a scientific integrity and more so a reputation thing. Aubrey de Grey didn't seem to want to talk about supplementation in his recent Q&A on reddit. They are seen as having a lot of credibility and influence in the biogerontology field, if they talk about what supplements they take or recommend any supplements they are risking their credibility, the credibility of the entire field they pretty much represent and possible lawsuits if something goes wrong. They have a lot more at stake than other scientists because they're already having the difficulty of getting other scientists and people on board and getting funding. There's a lot of skepticism around the search for the holy grail or fountain of youth, more so than any other field I think. It's what everyone wants deep down, it's also the subject of heated "ethical" debate as to whether we *should* end aging. People will take it as advice if they mention what they themselves take. They don't wanna pull a Dr. Oz or Dr. Mercola or Dr. Whitaker. Supplements have a bad rep among doctors and especially among scientists, they have a long history of snake oil and disappointing outcomes. So many of them are anti-supplement. They will likely stake their reputation on something incredibly solid if they're ever willing to stake it on anything. de Grey talked about his skepticism with CR mimicking methods of extending lifespan but implied denial more than confirmation of his actually taking them. Who knows if he's buying them or not?

Edited by Nate-2004, 25 July 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#985 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

I think it's a scientific integrity and more so a reputation thing. Aubrey de Grey didn't seem to want to talk about supplementation in his recent Q&A on reddit. They are seen as having a lot of credibility and influence in the biogerontology field, if they talk about what supplements they take or recommend any supplements they are risking their credibility, the credibility of the entire field they pretty much represent and possible lawsuits if something goes wrong. They have a lot more at stake than other scientists because they're already having the difficulty of getting other scientists and people on board and getting funding. There's a lot of skepticism around the search for the holy grail or fountain of youth, more so than any other field I think. It's what everyone wants deep down, it's also the subject of heated "ethical" debate as to whether we *should* end aging. People will take it as advice if they mention what they themselves take. They don't wanna pull a Dr. Oz or Dr. Mercola or Dr. Whitaker. Supplements have a bad rep among doctors and especially among scientists, they have a long history of snake oil and disappointing outcomes. So many of them are anti-supplement. They will likely stake their reputation on something incredibly solid if they're ever willing to stake it on anything. de Grey talked about his skepticism with CR mimicking methods of extending lifespan but implied denial more than confirmation of his actually taking them. Who knows if he's buying them or not?

Your argument is that Sinclair is mindful of his scientific integrity and reputation.

That he has credibility and influence.  If he does X then others will follow suit.

That might explain his reluctance to take NR.

But then, why does he say he would take NMN ?

Clearly, there is some other reason for his preference for NMN.

#986 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

Your argument is that Sinclair is mindful of his scientific integrity and reputation.

That he has credibility and influence.  If he does X then others will follow suit.

That might explain his reluctance to take NR.

But then, why does he say he would take NMN ?

Clearly, there is some other reason for his preference for NMN.

Not specifically Sinclair. He seems more willing to go out on a limb than the others, but still doesn't really endorse anything. I don't know why NMN. It's all speculation. The fact that we're all speculating on what he does just goes to show the degree of influence someone like Sinclair would have were he to endorse anything.

Going back to NR, and NMN, isn't it true that it has to get converted back to NR before entering the cell? Can anybody point me to where in this thread (looking all over but it's a long long thread) that's explained? I don't understand why.

Edited by Nate-2004, 25 July 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#987 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

Nate: take a look here:

http://www.medicine..../Content/73.pdf

It's not light reading but it surely helps.

#988 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

Very interesting.  Good post Harkijn.

The following points from this paper:

1.  4 Precursor to NAD+

2.  No Conversion Rates

3.  How to Boost NAD+ Naturally

4.  Conflict of Interest.

As below...

(1) 4 Precursors to NAD+

This paper mentions 4 candidate precursors for NAD+.

1. Niacin (Nicotinic Acid)

2. Nicotinamide

3. NR

4. Tryptophan.

So it seems not unreasonable that you could mix up powders

of Tryptophan and Nicotinamide and take a scoop of N miligrams

at night before bedtime ..  to boost your NAD+ levels generally.

(you could add 50mg of Niacin to the mix,... or more.... if you dont

mind flushing).  This mix would help you get off to sleep better too.

This would be far, far cheaper than $5 per gram

(The cheapest price for NR is over $5 per gram)

For example on powdercity.com you can buy

Tryptophan powder:

100 grams - $9.99

Nicotinamide (aka Niacinamide) powder:

125 grams - $6.87

Niacin

125 grams - $6.55

I dont know if powdercity is the cheapest out there.

Probably not. I picked powdercity as a random supplier.

Probably Jarrow are cheaper.. or maybe Swansons.

Amazon and ebay are worth checking for the better prices.

(2) No Conversion Rates: 

Unfortunately,... this paper doesn't give any "conversion rates"

from the precursors to NAD+.    Really ?  That's a strange

omission in a paper that is focused on NAD+ precursors. 

It wouldn't surprise me to eventually find out that Nicotinamide

is as efficient at increasing NAD+ as NR.   And hence.. we've

all been shelling out mega dollars unnecessarily.  Time will tell.

(See point 4 below.. About conflict of Interest)

(maybe this is why Sinclair says he wont touch NR)

(3)  How to Boost NAD+ naturally.

It seems if you want to naturally boost your NAD+

levels either go on a ketogenic diet or start fasting.

In CR-treated mice, brain NAD+levels are
increased and Nam levels are decreased, and
these changes accompany neuronal Sirt1 acti-
vation, which reduces Alzheimer’s neuropathol-
ogy (63). In fasted mice, NAD+ levels are
increased in liver, which is accompanied by
Sirt1 activation, PGC1α deacetylation, and
increased mitochondrial biogenesis (67). The
mechanisms by which lower food inputs in-
crease NAD+ levels in brain and liver are com-
pletely unknown.  (page 10)

(4) Conflict of Interest

Unfortunately, what the article says specifically about

NR's supremacy over Niacin or Nicotinamide has to be

taken with a pinch of salt, why ?  Because one of the authors,

Charles Brunner, who's so keen to talk up the benefits of NR

has "intellectual property rights" around NR. 

See the disclosure statement at the end of the article.

Edited by playground, 25 July 2016 - 07:32 PM.

#989 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

Very interesting.  Good post Harkijn.

This paper mentions 4 candidate precursors for NAD+.

1. Niacin (Nicotinic Acid)

2. Nicotinamide

3. NR

4. Tryptophan.

So it seems not unreasonable that you could mix up powders

of Tryptophan and Nicotinamide and take a scoop of N miligrams

at night before bedtime ..  to boost your NAD+ levels generally.

This will be far cheaper than $5 per gram.

(you could add 50mg of Niacin to the mix,... or more.... if you dont

mind flushing)

Unfortunately,... this paper doesn't give any "conversion rates"

from the precursors to NAD+.    

It wouldn't surprise me to eventually find out that Nicotinamide

is as efficient at increasing NAD+ as NR.   And hence.. we've

all been shelling out mega dollars unnecessarily.  Time will tell.

It seems if you want to naturally boost your NAD+

levels either go on a ketogenic diet or start fasting.

In CR-treated mice, brain NAD+levels are
increased and Nam levels are decreased, and
these changes accompany neuronal Sirt1 acti-
vation, which reduces Alzheimer’s neuropathol-
ogy (63). In fasted mice, NAD+ levels are
increased in liver, which is accompanied by
Sirt1 activation, PGC1α deacetylation, and
increased mitochondrial biogenesis (67). The
mechanisms by which lower food inputs in-
crease NAD+ levels in brain and liver are com-
pletely unknown.  (page 10)

Unfortunately, what the article says specifically about NR

and NR's supremacy over Niacin or Nicotinamide has to be

taken with a pinch of salt, why ?  Because one of the authors,

Charles Brunner, who's so keen to talk up the benefits of NR

has "intellectual property rights" around NR. 

See the disclosure statement at the end of the article.

The problem is that Nicotinamide by itself inhibits Sirtuins which defeats the whole point of increasing NAD+

You don't wanna take that pathway. There are multiple pathways and that's the worst one.

Edited by Nate-2004, 25 July 2016 - 07:17 PM.

#990 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:36 PM

The problem is that Nicotinamide by itself inhibits Sirtuins which defeats the whole point of increasing NAD+

You don't wanna take that pathway. There are multiple pathways and that's the worst one.

Really ?  Thanks for mentioning that.

Do you have a handy reference (or two, or three) about that ?

I'd like to give it (or them) a good perusal.

Thanks Nate :)

Edited by playground, 25 July 2016 - 07:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide riboside, nicotinamide, nad boosting, charles brenner, david sinclair, leonard guarente, niagen, niacinamide, nicotinamide mononucleotide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)

Topic Led By