- - - - -

Sulbutiamine immunosuppressive? 2 colds and 3 cold sores in the past 2 months

sulbutiamine immune system cold sores herpes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NeuroNootropic

• 239 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

I can't find any scientific literature on sulbutiamine with regards to its effects on the immune system. Actually, there's not much research done on it. Anyway, I've been taking it since the beginning of October only once every 3 days. For me, sulbutiamine effects are apparent the following 2-3 days after I take it. On the day I take it my mood drops, I become irritable, and more anhedonic so I think it may be antagonizing some receptors in the brain, research has shown it increases the d1 receptors so that maybe it.

In the past 2 months I've had 2 colds and 3 cold sores. This is an anomaly for me as I usually never get sick or get a cold sore unless I take some supplements that decrease the immune system. I know for a fact that Cordyceps is an immunosuppressant and when I took it for just 2 weeks back in August I had 2 cold sore outbreaks and 1 cold even though the weather was warm.

And with the colds one of them lasted for more than a week.

Today, I woke up with a cold sore. This is the 3rd cold sore I've gotten since starting sulbutiamine. I have not started taking any other supplement. My supplement, diet, and exercise regimen is all the same. I'm sure sulbutiamine has immunosuppressive properties.

Has anyone had a similar experience or knows of any studies on sulbutiamine's effects on the immune system?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sulbutiamine, immune system, cold sores, herpes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users