- - - - -

Armodafinil vs Modafinil = different

modafinil armodafinil

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 steelsky

• 412 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

A few years ago I used Modafinil, alternative between that and Methylphenidate, for Narcolepsy/EDS and ADD (not diagnosed). My Narcolepsy/EDS is sometimes very severe (it changed through different periods of weeks/months), where I can't function and have to take naps that I can't wake up from.

Modafinil worked similarly to Methylphenidate, though Modafinil had less side effects, felt "cleaner", but was hard to get, expensive and not as effective for motivation and focus. Accordingly, during the past several years I've been taking Methylphenidate in different doses, depending on need.

Recently I felt I should take a break from Methylphenidate - it is hard to dose right, it makes me sick, it's not always effective against fatigue. I decided this time to try Armodafinil, expecting it to be similar to Modafinil, maybe with fewer side effects and more effective per mg. However, that wasn't the case - it didn't do anything for my alertness (was still as sleepy as if not taking anything) but it was amazing for clarity of thought, motivation, even anxiety. It just made me feel exactly like I want to feel - not euphoric but very engaged and present, concentrated and productive. Sadly, the sleepiness was still there, so I was either unable to take advantage of this new feeling, or suffered as I did (my fatigue is like I haven't slept in days, even though I sleep 8-9 hours a day, some of it as naps because I can't bear the sleepiness). Oh, and both the benefits and lack thereof have been present no matter what dose I was taking - 75mg to 300mg. It has been going on for a week.

Doesn't make sense, as Armodafinil is essentially Modafinil, without the "S" molecule. Unless the S, for me at least, is what is responsible for the alertness/lack-of-sleepiness.

Anyone with a similar experience? What are your thoughts about my experience? Any suggestions?

Thinking about trying a combo of Armodafinil + Modafinil.

#2 Adam Karlovsky

• Guest, Moderator
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:07 AM

That's really interesting, and I really have no idea how that could happen. I would agree with your sentiments, "Doesn't make sense, as Armodafinil is essentially Modafinil, without the "S" molecule." 

http://www.brainprot...-vs-modafinil/ 

Maybe an explanation could be that the pharmacokinetics are different, and so the S is targeting the part of your brain which effects your sleepiness whereas the R is not? If this is the case it would mean your sleepiness is very much different to that of a narcoleptic or a healthy person, because narcoleptics and healthy people respond to the R and S verey much the same in regards to it's wakeful-promoting effects.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

To make things more fun the title should read:

Armodafinil vs. Modafinil vs Adrafinil vs.Flomodafinil vs. Floadrafinil

now we're talking....they all feel different(to me)  and yet also feel  similar, if that makes sense?

But between armodafinil and modafinil---armodafinil feels  "lighter" , more uplifting and modafinil feels heavier, more grounding, more getting the job done feeling. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modafinil, armodafinil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users