Photo
- - - - -

Throw out the microwave popcorn!?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:58 AM

If m/w or something else is bad for you, they can show it with a group study. There have been many reports of bad effects from chemical sweeteners. Where is the evidence on m/w? It may turn out to be a bad thing but I don't want to take it on faith. I need evidence. We have proven lots of things are harmful from dioxin to ionizing radiation. I think direct exposure to m/w is harmful, I believe that has been proven. It's the claimed effects on food and water that I scoff at.

#32 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:44 AM

I just found this in a Dr. Blaylock report.

Q: Is microwave cooking safe?
—George Y., Jackson, Miss.

A: In my estimation, the answer is no. There are several studies that have shown that cooking meats in a microwave oven produces abnormal proteins not found in nature and that the health effects of these abnormal proteins is unknown. Many have noticed an abnormal taste in microwave foods that may indicate the presence of such proteins. In addition, microwave cooking has been shown to produce incomplete cooking in parts of the food (socalled cold spots), which can mean meat-associated viruses, many of which cause cancer, remain alive.

#33 operationivy

• 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:07 AM

Microwaving is one of those things that can hardly be avoided. Perhaps I'm not as hardcore as some of the people here, but one would have to live like a monk to have any peace of mind these days.

Avoid popcorn. It's not good for you, and there are many foods more delicious with more nutrition in them. It's no surprise about this article. Companies like DuPont are notorious for ignoring public health.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users