If you take AOR's Ortho Core, read this

ortho core aor benfotiamine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SillyRabbit

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:32 AM

I was recently in contact with AOR regarding their decision to include Thiamine as their source of B1 instead of Benfotiamine in Ortho Core.

I'm sure everyone is well aware of the numerous benefits of Benfotiamine and its superiority over Thiamine.

AOR agreed, but they said that it would slightly increase the cost of the product. When I argued that their target demographic cares more about the quality of their multivitamin opposed to the price, they told me that if they see that customers are interested them making a change to the formulation they will do it.

If you take Ortho Core due to the convenience instead of having to take numerous different supplements every day, it would benefit you to send them a quick e-mail at: info@aor.ca and ask them to switch from Thiamine to Benfotiamine.

In fact, while you're at it, you might as well ask them to lower their B3, B5, B6, Biotin and MTHF by 50% as well. Those B-Vitamins are needlessly overdosed and would probably help them mitigate some of the costs of switching over to Benfotiamine.

Edited by SillyRabbit, 28 April 2016 - 01:41 AM.

#2 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:30 AM

Is there any alternative to Ortho Core? Overall, AOR is not the best company for vitamins, IMHO. Their L-theanine is not so potent, their enzymes are inferior, etc. I agree, people take Ortho only because of convenience. But it is easier to switch to another company then find enough people to convince them to alter their formulas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 laurence

• 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

I switched from Ortho Core to Life Extension Mix Tablets without copper, mainly as I see no reason to supplement with Copper Citrate as found in Ortho Core. The potential free Copper (II) Alzheimer connection is concerning: 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1241263/

Life Extension Mix Tablets without copper is not ideal, has possibly too much vitamin C, no vitamin K for example, but I take a low dose of 4 per day plus extra MK-4 and MK-7.

• like x 1

#4 SillyRabbit

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:07 AM

Is there any alternative to Ortho Core? Overall, AOR is not the best company for vitamins, IMHO. Their L-theanine is not so potent, their enzymes are inferior, etc. I agree, people take Ortho only because of convenience. But it is easier to switch to another company then find enough people to convince them to alter their formulas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the issue. There really isn't any home-run multivitamin on the market right now. If a company with a good reputation would take the time to formulate their multi correctly and include all the best forms of each supplement, people would absolutely be willing to pay a premium IMO.

The convenience of having all your supplements in one bottle would be too much to pass up. 

#5 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

There's 1.5 milligrams of thiamine in OC. I put it to you that switching that out for benfo will be of no benefit whatsoever.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#6 SillyRabbit

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:37 AM

Well looks like we did it guys!

They’ve switched over to Benfotiamine.

And to the poster above, they have 9mg, which by no means is a large dose, but the RDA is 1.1-1.2mg.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ortho core, aor, benfotiamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users