Facial Skin Care

skin care facial care

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

I'm trying to find out the best routine for keeping a young face. I did a better job than most people through my late 20's and 30's I think. I stayed out of the sun for the most part, wore sunscreen, and have been using Neutrogena SPF 30 moisturizers with retinol after showering since I was 28. Most of the face washes I have used have been random, but from the face wash area of your local Walgreens. Sometimes Neutrogena brand, sometimes Cearasil oil free, etc. I also took fish oil with lycopene for nearly 10 years but I don't think that did jack squat.

As far as face washes are concerned I'm in the dark. As far as improving my skin care as I age (42 now) I'm also in the dark. I'm sure things are improving but at the same time I'm also sure there's still a lot of expensive bullshit snake oil out there as well. 

What works? What's the best, proven, most modern, up to date science in skin care regimens that's affordable for face and skin care in general?

What should I be washing my face with in the shower?

What should I be moisturizing with? Still the same one?

What else?

#2 YOLF

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:38 AM

Well, Yale is apparently developing some AGE breakers, though whether they'll be available without a script... and how much your face will have to be falling off to get it is another story...

Gotu Kola might help if used only periodically

There's a new liquid aspirin that will hopefully be hitting the market (low dose aspirin is great, but it will age you faster after it destroys your stomach)

The gains start to diminish with age, it'll really come down to things that are presently in development.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

Hi Nate,

Cerave do a good, cheap foaming face wash. It's gentle and has some nice ingredients. I've heard hot/cold water breaks down elastin so lukewarm water is the way to go I think. In terms of moisturizer what is your face telling you? Are you getting dry patches at all?

Also - do you drink/smoke, what is your diet like? Do you still use retinol?

• Informative x 1

#4 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hi Nate,

Cerave do a good, cheap foaming face wash. It's gentle and has some nice ingredients. I've heard hot/cold water breaks down elastin so lukewarm water is the way to go I think. In terms of moisturizer what is your face telling you? Are you getting dry patches at all?

I don't smoke except marijuana moderately (2 - 3 times a month) and for 70% of my adult life I have been drinking moderately (2-3 drinks a week w/food), though there are times when I tend to drink more. I know that tends to drain vitamin A but only if you drink excessively, but I supplement vitamin A occasionally anyway. I know too much vitamin A can be really bad but too little is also bad. 

I still use the Neutrogena moisturizer daily and it has retinol and sunscreen/SPF in it.  I don't get dry patches at all but it does feel dry after I shower if I don't put the moisturizer on. The camera is showing what age does to skin though, my skin isn't so smooth anymore.

Thanks I'll look for Cerave.

#5 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

Cerave Foam Cleanser & moisturizer are good.

• Informative x 1

#6 YOLF

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:01 PM

Hi Nate,

I don't smoke except marijuana moderately (2 - 3 times a month) and for 70% of my adult life I have been drinking moderately (2-3 drinks a week w/food), though there are times when I tend to drink more. I know that tends to drain vitamin A but only if you drink excessively, but I supplement vitamin A occasionally anyway. I know too much vitamin A can be really bad but too little is also bad. 

I still use the Neutrogena moisturizer daily and it has retinol and sunscreen/SPF in it.  I don't get dry patches at all but it does feel dry after I shower if I don't put the moisturizer on. The camera is showing what age does to skin though, my skin isn't so smooth anymore.

Thanks I'll look for Cerave.

Well the marijuana and alcohol will have negative effects on long term liver function. Pregnenolone and a few grams of Taurine a day will help slow that down.

#7 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

I don't smoke except marijuana moderately (2 - 3 times a month)....drinking moderately (2-3 drinks a week w/food)

Your concept of moderately is greatly overvalued, those amounts are negligible, not even worth to be mentioned.

I would definitely drop the retinol, use soap seldom and when you use it go for the simplest Marseilles soap you can possibly find.

Consider dermarolling and hyaluronic acid gel with glycolic acid 5%.

• Agree x 1

#8 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

I don't smoke except marijuana moderately (2 - 3 times a month)....drinking moderately (2-3 drinks a week w/food)

Your concept of moderately is greatly overvalued, those amounts are negligible, not even worth to be mentioned.

I would definitely drop the retinol, use soap seldom and when you use it go for the simplest Marseilles soap you can possibly find.

Haha that's what my friends say (re: moderate).

The CereVe face wash I bought yesterday from RiteAid has the hyaluronic acid in it as well as niacinamide and ceramides which apparently is good for skin.  I may get their moisturizer as well and a niacinamide gel. Debating dropping the retinol since I've used it for so many years and it's not done me wrong, but wondering if these aren't better.

#9 sudanamit

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

Does Aloe Vera gel for face and for your skin based problems, a good option to go for ?

It comes as an Ayurvedic remedy for skin, which is generally less expensive & contain no-side effects!

I have been suggested by many people that its a path-breaking solution to all your skin problems.!

But i really don't know much about it!

Edited by caliban, 29 August 2017 - 02:11 AM.
spam link

#10 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

I wouldn't put much stock into aloe vera. 

I've been using CeraVe with Hyaluronic acid and Ceramides for a long time now, since I first posted this thread. It's sufficient on its own and better than aloe vera imo. 

I don't think aloe is legitimately anti-aging either, or helpful in reducing the signs of age. It might help moisturize.

Faces get wrinkled largely because of glycation, which is difficult to fight. Also because of hydration as well as a loss of ceramides. 

I'm trying a number of solutions to this. One is lipowheat which I can't say for sure is helping just yet, I'm only 30 days in so far. I'm trying for 120 days. This replaces ceramides internally. Add topical ceramides and I'm coming from both directions.

I also use matrixyl 3000 in hyaluronic acid gel with vitamin C in hopes of coaxing my body into producing more collagen. Combine this daily facial treatment with 6g of properly timed hydrolyzed collagen powder, consistently, and it seems to help at least stave off collagen loss if not add more.  I've been using this approach for about 90 days now. 

Last is a newer treatment I'm only 20 days in on which is 70% DMSO with the following mixed in: Rosmarinic Acid 30%, Urea, and Trehalose.  The Trehalose and Urea were only added just recently so I can't say much for it yet, but RA 30% may have some potential in breaking glycation crosslinks at least with some types of AGEs in vitro. Who knows how well it works though. We shall see and I'll report back of course. Just so you know I tried 6 months with RA and Argon oil and it did very little to nothing in terms of reversing signs of age.

Other things I've been taking are carnosine for well over a year and a half now I think. This may prevent some glycation, maybe.

Also I use sunblock that has UVB and UVA protection and I generally stay out of the sun on the whole, taking 4000 IU of vitamin D3 regularly instead.

Edited by Nate-2004, 28 August 2017 - 10:53 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#11 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

Haha I stopped smoking it a year or so ago and only vape at this point, just as moderately. I did end up dropping the retinol and I only wash my face once a week with the CeraVe face wash.

I never tried the dermarolling, I wasn't convinced by anyone's before and after results.

#12 YOLF

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

Hi Nate,

I used CeraVe for a few years, but eventually switched to a much less expensive Jergens Skin Firming formula with elastin. St. Ives also makes an elastin moisturizer that works pretty well if the fragrance doesn't bother you. Though what is perhaps the best thing I've done for my skin is polypodium extracts including 20 hydroxyecdysone and some other skin specific antiox's. But there's alot more than just that. I've been using mega ingredient complexes with awesome results that so far are looking to be permanent. 

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#13 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:44 PM

Dermarolling is controversial but the vast majority of users do it wrong, it seems easy and straightforward but actually it isn't, it is quite a pain the neck actually.

Performed properly is interesting but very unpleasant, I suggest a tattoo gun instead, which I have but left as an unfinished project at the time being...

It should be much less unpleasant than a dermaroll and better suited for precise scars treatments.

Vaping should be healthier than smoking, a bit of concerns with the estrogen....but those will make you look younger (baby face).:)

#14 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

Dermarolling is controversial but the vast majority of users do it wrong, it seems easy and straightforward but actually it isn't, it is quite a pain the neck actually.

Performed properly is interesting but very unpleasant, I suggest a tattoo gun instead, which I have but left as an unfinished project at the time being...

It should be much less unpleasant than a dermaroll and better suited for precise scars treatments.

Vaping should be healthier than smoking, a bit of concerns with the estrogen....but those will make you look younger (baby face). :)

Perhaps we can just build our own skin gun. We only need a 1500 RPM centrifuge to get the cells needed to get started. Then it's some growth factors and telomerase activators plus maybe some stuff to help prevent the cells from becoming cancerous as that is always a worry worth countering.

Edited by YOLF, 29 August 2017 - 12:46 AM.

#15 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:03 AM

Vaping should be healthier than smoking, a bit of concerns with the estrogen....but those will make you look younger (baby face). :)

Doesn't matrixyl 3000 try to accomplish the same thing as dermarolling?

#16 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:41 AM

Doesn't matrixyl 3000 try to accomplish the same thing as dermarolling?

Iirc, it enable collagen production and renovation of the ECM, but I don't think it manages this by recruiting blood stem cells as dermarolling probably does.

#17 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:00 AM

Home made self administered PRP is feasible and relatively cheap but involves some knowledge and skill that not everybody might posses.

A 3000 rpm centrifuge is needed, tons of second hands on eBay for few dollars.

The main downside with PRP seems it needs to be repeated periodically or effects starts to fade.

We don't even know exactly how and why dermarolling works, well, in the end everything one does for its skin tries to accomplish the same thing (leaving alone specific issues), marixyl 3000 doesn't make exceptions, I guess,....the point is what and to which degree reaches the goal.

#18 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

Skin is skin (basically),so why are people seemingly so fixated on facial skin and the protocols that might be beneficial to facial skin, and oblivious, perhaps, to the other 16,000 cm^2 (rough approximation) skin area? Shouldn't the suggestions and protocols suggested here be applied to all skin?

#19 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:26 AM

Home made self administered PRP is feasible and relatively cheap but involves some knowledge and skill that not everybody might posses.

A 3000 rpm centrifuge is needed, tons of second hands on eBay for few dollars.

The main downside with PRP seems it needs to be repeated periodically or effects starts to fade.

We don't even know exactly how and why dermarolling works, well, in the end everything one does for its skin tries to accomplish the same thing (leaving alone specific issues), marixyl 3000 doesn't make exceptions, I guess,....the point is what and to which degree reaches the goal.

What I'm suggesting then is taking PRP and spraying it on the skin with an atomizer. Perhaps a few times a day while the cells live. If you keep them refrigerated, you could probably get some good use out of it and it would be fairly easy.  What makes it work is the ability of stem cells in the PRP to renovate the ECM where wrinkles are concerned. Systemic benefits with stem cells such as these require regular low dose infusions, but would skin require this? The cells would work from the outside in. But I guess they have to add something to it to keep the cells alive in the open air and on the skin. Anyone know how complex the skin gun technology actually is?

• like x 1

#20 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

Skin is skin (basically),so why are people seemingly so fixated on facial skin and the protocols that might be beneficial to facial skin, and oblivious, perhaps, to the other 16,000 cm^2 (rough approximation) skin area? Shouldn't the suggestions and protocols suggested here be applied to all skin?

I think focusing on the face get's people to spend more money on smaller bottles of specialized formulations that focus on specific areas people might need to treat. You're only as young and beautiful as your worst aging symptom I suppose. So people take it one step at a time.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#21 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:40 AM

Skin is skin (basically)

Not really, not a in strict sense of meaning at least.

Facial skin behaves differently from other body skin, you don't get black heads on your body, hairs are different and in different patterns, lesions heal differently and much faster, some parasites can go everywhere but above the neck (scabies,for example), wrinkling is by far more pronounced and earlier to set in on face than on body, sometimes only on face with none or very little and very later on body, keloids can form on ears and other part of the body but not on face (or very very rarely), etc...

No, skin technically is skin but is quite different in different parts of the body, especially face.  

Check out the Guinness record oldest female bodybuilder (77 years old), her body could likely be that of a 20 years old, only her face shows her age (actually her face too looks much younger but not near as much as her body).

It is a fact, keep in good shape with exercise and nutrition and your body can stand the proof of time, your face is what gives up first. 

What I'm suggesting then is taking PRP and spraying it on the skin with an atomizer

Topical PRP  seems effective, spreading it and massaging in with fingers will do but microneedling seems better in order to guarantee penetration, maybe DMSO or lecithin could help further or instead

One draw last for up to one month, only an anticoagulant is needed (as usual for PRP).

https://www.youinabottle.com/

Actually a quite intriguing possibility for under 100 bucks once.

• Good Point x 2

#22 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:08 AM

I'm trying to find out the best routine for keeping a young face...

Three products have literally taken ten years off my face. I know, I know: overblown language. But hey, I'm spitting in the wind my words of friendly and anecdotal discourse.

Oh please: I have nothing to do with this Arizona company I'm pitching, and I don't even like them very much, frankly, their lead scientist is cranky, frankly, but she does seem to know her chemistry, and she does seem to Have No Patience for the fucking bullshit that is the twisted up arena of dermatology.

So I like her.

Anyway, while we all sit on our seat edges and drool and wait and await and aaawwwait and awwwwwwaaaaaaiiiiiiitttt the next five thousand rodent glycation trials, you, too, consider wiping this on your skin:

(1): Alpha-Beta exfoliant solution: http://www.skinactiv...Exfoliator.html

It's only $12.50, for me it's like wow, and it works really really well (no spoofing) so you now wanna know ingredients, here: "PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherols, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Xanthophyll, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben."

(2) Collagen serum: http://www.skinactiv...agen-Serum.html

It's great, pricier, but still it's cheaper than the marketed fraud elsewhere in cosmetological hell, and while we all await the miracles of upcoming regenerative medicine, these ingredients are working for a smoother faced me: "Water, Seakelp (Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate) Bioferment, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Carnosine, N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine, Niacinamide, Betulinic Acid, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Epigallocatechin Gallate, Glutathione, sh-Polypeptide-2, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid."

(3) Vitamin A Cream: http://www.skinactiv...in-A-Cream.html

Put in on your face at night with that other stuff above, and I promise it'll do something. Did for me, anyway. I've found nothing better within my sad price range.

Anyway, ingredients: "Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Seakelp (Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate) Bioferment, Niacinamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Alpha-D-Tocopherol, Retinyl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Carnosine, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Allantoin, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (and) Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane (and) Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Terminalia Ferdinandiana  (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherols, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Xanthophyll, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben."

And now the reason for my (suddenly swerving off topic) post:

I don't smoke except marijuana moderately (2 - 3 times a month)

Ja mon.

But why then this sad sudden:

Well the marijuana...will have negative effects on long term liver function.

Aww darn. But hey YOLF, question: how else we gonna cope with waiting for the next sixty thousand Caenorhabditis elegans studies without the marijuana?

Long term liver negative effects from sweet mother plant? Citations please?

But oh wait, cite not about the marijuana here in a skin beauty thread, might be disruptive.
  • like x 2

#23 Pizzarulzz

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:24 AM

quesion I have a Tablet of Aspirin which has 75 MG Aspirin and 75 MG Glycine I eat that every third day half tablet does this work for slow skin aging ? I am 24 Btw

#24 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

quesion I have a Tablet of Aspirin which has 75 MG Aspirin and 75 MG Glycine I eat that every third day half tablet does this work for slow skin aging ? I am 24 Btw

Gaa, wouldn't that be nice. But no, not much for skin damage prevention there. Do use sunscreen, though, and eat up bright fruits and vegetables, they do keep your largest organ healthy, and remember: boring ole water is deliciously skintacular.

Be excited, though, because regenerative medicine is headed your way! If you believe that, then save your money and stay off of Caracas side streets at night (https://www.google.c...he-world-2017-4)

#25 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

I apply it to as much as my body as possible, it's not affordable or time efficient to simply lather yourself in cream every time you get out of the shower, so you just cover the mostly visible areas.

#26 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

quesion I have a Tablet of Aspirin which has 75 MG Aspirin and 75 MG Glycine I eat that every third day half tablet does this work for slow skin aging ? I am 24 Btw

Gaa, wouldn't that be nice. But no, not much for skin damage prevention there. Do use sunscreen, though, and eat up bright fruits and vegetables, they do keep your largest organ healthy, and remember: boring ole water is deliciously skintacular.

Be excited, though, because regenerative medicine is headed your way! If you believe that, then save your money and stay off of Caracas side streets at night (https://www.google.c...he-world-2017-4)

Don't even bother doing anything till you're 29, and even then I couldn't tell you what to do because that's 5 years from now. I agree with sthira, just stay out of the sun unless you've applied UVA/UVB sunscreen and take vitamin D3 to counter the loss. That's the number one recommendation. I would use Lifeextension's sunscreen. It's a good one.

• Good Point x 1

#27 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

Skin is skin (basically)

Not really, not a in strict sense of meaning at least.

Facial skin behaves differently from other body skin, you don't get black heads on your body, hairs are different and in different patterns, lesions heal differently and much faster, some parasites can go everywhere but above the neck (scabies,for example), wrinkling is by far more pronounced and earlier to set in on face than on body, sometimes only on face with none or very little and very later on body, keloids can form on ears and other part of the body but not on face (or very very rarely), etc...

No, skin technically is skin but is quite different in different parts of the body, especially face.  

Check out the Guinness record oldest female bodybuilder (77 years old), her body could likely be that of a 20 years old, only her face shows her age (actually her face too looks much younger but not near as much as her body).

It is a fact, keep in good shape with exercise and nutrition and your body can stand the proof of time, your face is what gives up first. 

What I'm suggesting then is taking PRP and spraying it on the skin with an atomizer

Topical PRP  seems effective, spreading it and massaging in with fingers will do but microneedling seems better in order to guarantee penetration, maybe DMSO or lecithin could help further or instead

One draw last for up to one month, only an anticoagulant is needed (as usual for PRP).

https://www.youinabottle.com/

Actually a quite intriguing possibility for under 100 bucks once.

Wow! I've been looking for an excuse to visit Canada, Toronto especially. I just may have to make an appointment if it's only $100. I'm thinking the doctors visits add significantly to the price though. Are follow up bottles just $100, or can I just go to LabCorp or Quest Diagnostics and have a blood draw sent to them and mailed back to me?

Why are Canadians coming to the US for medical care again? Sounds like they have the good stuff!

#28 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

I'm trying to find out the best routine for keeping a young face...

Three products have literally taken ten years off my face. I know, I know: overblown language. But hey, I'm spitting in the wind my words of friendly and anecdotal discourse.

Oh please: I have nothing to do with this Arizona company I'm pitching, and I don't even like them very much, frankly, their lead scientist is cranky, frankly, but she does seem to know her chemistry, and she does seem to Have No Patience for the fucking bullshit that is the twisted up arena of dermatology.

So I like her.

Anyway, while we all sit on our seat edges and drool and wait and await and aaawwwait and awwwwwwaaaaaaiiiiiiitttt the next five thousand rodent glycation trials, you, too, consider wiping this on your skin:

(1): Alpha-Beta exfoliant solution: http://www.skinactiv...Exfoliator.html

It's only $12.50, for me it's like wow, and it works really really well (no spoofing) so you now wanna know ingredients, here: "PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherols, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Xanthophyll, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben."

(2) Collagen serum: http://www.skinactiv...agen-Serum.html

It's great, pricier, but still it's cheaper than the marketed fraud elsewhere in cosmetological hell, and while we all await the miracles of upcoming regenerative medicine, these ingredients are working for a smoother faced me: "Water, Seakelp (Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate) Bioferment, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Carnosine, N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine, Niacinamide, Betulinic Acid, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Epigallocatechin Gallate, Glutathione, sh-Polypeptide-2, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid."

(3) Vitamin A Cream: http://www.skinactiv...in-A-Cream.html

Put in on your face at night with that other stuff above, and I promise it'll do something. Did for me, anyway. I've found nothing better within my sad price range.

Anyway, ingredients: "Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Seakelp (Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate) Bioferment, Niacinamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Alpha-D-Tocopherol, Retinyl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Carnosine, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Allantoin, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (and) Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane (and) Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Terminalia Ferdinandiana  (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherols, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Xanthophyll, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben."

And now the reason for my (suddenly swerving off topic) post:

I don't smoke except marijuana moderately (2 - 3 times a month)

Ja mon.

But why then this sad sudden:

Well the marijuana...will have negative effects on long term liver function.

Aww darn. But hey YOLF, question: how else we gonna cope with waiting for the next sixty thousand Caenorhabditis elegans studies without the marijuana?

Long term liver negative effects from sweet mother plant? Citations please?

But oh wait, cite not about the marijuana here in a skin beauty thread, might be disruptive.

Well all of those skinactives contain allergens for about 32% of the US population and are contributing to people feeling like they are wasting money. 

I don't have to wait for the next C. Elegans or rodent study. I can experiment on myself and still make good progress. 

#29 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

Don't even bother doing anything till you're 29, and even then I couldn't tell you what to do because that's 5 years from now. I agree with sthira, just stay out of the sun unless you've applied UVA/UVB sunscreen and take vitamin D3 to counter the loss. That's the number one recommendation. I would use Lifeextension's sunscreen. It's a good one.

Worst advice I've ever heard, your skin ages alot in that time. Skincare starts early and never ends. Colorful fruits is a good idea as is polypodium leucotomos and beta ecdysone/20 hydroxyecdysone and is also an oral sunscreen (the Heliocare active). That will prevent alot of aging.

quesion I have a Tablet of Aspirin which has 75 MG Aspirin and 75 MG Glycine I eat that every third day half tablet does this work for slow skin aging ? I am 24 Btw

Sounds useful if there is no talc or talcum in it. That stuff is carcinogenic and still used in some parts of the world. Find stuff with as few excipients as possible and read up on them.

• Disagree x 2

#30 YOLF

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

If he's Indian from India, he's probably got built in sunscreen. Might not be a bad idea to take Turmeric/curcumin supplements and read up on making the curcumin more bioavailable, but I think taking it too early might be problematic. Histidine in 100-500mg doses (work your way up slowly and watch for symptoms of autoimmune disorder) is good for teaching your immune system to recognize and fight aging to some extent. 

I wish I knew all of this stuff when I was younger, I'd have aged even less. 

If he's Indian from India, he's probably got built in sunscreen. Might not be a bad idea to take Turmeric/curcumin supplements and read up on making the curcumin more bioavailable, but I think taking it too early might be problematic. Histidine in 100-500mg doses (work your way up slowly and watch for symptoms of autoimmune disorder) is good for teaching your immune system to recognize and fight aging to some extent. 

I wish I knew all of this stuff when I was younger, I'd have aged even less. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin care, facial care

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users