• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

In your experience is there a recommended brand of derma roller?

dermaroller

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:25 AM

ALl the pages online are like that brand sucks, that brand works, what kind do you like?

#2 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:35 AM

whoa, are you actually supposed to do it like this?  This girl seems to bleed a lot.  Most of the pages I've seen online say to only do it a few times and you aren't supposed to actually get that bloody even.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

This dermaroller is as good as they come:

http://www.ebay.com/...~4AAOSw7FRWapoi

Yes, the actual procedure is like shown in the video or a bit more intense (it depends by what you try to achieve), bleeding is mandatory, needle length is 1.0-1.5, without a lidocaine numbing cream is quite an unpleasant experience and maybe not everybody is able to handle it.

What is not clear in the video is how often a treatment should be performed and what a treatment is. 

We may consider one treatment as a set of 7 sessions, one session once a week, therefore a total of 7 weeks.

Treatments may be repeated relatively often (again it depends by what one try to achieve) but I would suggest to leave at least a couple of months between treatments, in most cases I would say that a couple of treatments a year should do.

Sun exposure is not an issue, actually for scar discoloration immediate exposure to midday summer sun is what should be done.

Near the hairline or on the scalp stimulates hair growth.

When speaking about dermarolling no pain no gain! :)  

• like x 1

#4 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:28 PM

Can dermarolling really cause your skin to go through its regenration cycles too early and then you age more quickly later?

This thread is full of people saying needling did not work for them and made it bad.

http://www.acne.org/...rienced/?page=1

• Good Point x 1

#5 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:40 PM

The vast majority of people doesn't know how to use a dermaroller properly and most instructions are totally wrong.

In my experience who doesn't use a numbing cream is very unlikely to be able to perform a dermarolling session properly, just as a start.

I would like to watch how those guys do perform dermarolling, as every intervention knowledge makes the difference.

Can dermarolling really cause your skin to go through its regenration cycles too early and then you age more quickly later?

I don't think it would happen but commonsense needs to be applied, performed properly for the intended goal it is probably one of the safest thing one can possibly do, but again a bit of proper knowledge is required.

#6 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:49 AM

I hear the ones that you linked to are terrible because they have knives rather than needles and have hurt people's faces.

#7 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:55 AM

I use them since a few years with good results and no issues whatsoever.

It is true that the shape resembles more a very tiny blade than a needle, being flat and slightly triangular in shape, but it doesn't seem to matter much, anyway feel free to try different brands but one thing is for sure: quality doesn't justify expensive in this case.

I use stamp needles too to treat local deep wrinkles and scars, it is less painful than the roller even given that the needling is performed quite deeper, bleeding is the same (or maybe worst), those are perfectly round shaped needles.

Considering the above I don't see the needle shape as much of an issue really.

Those guys are doing all sorts of thing to their faces in the attempt to better their acne conditions, it is possible that some of them did experience a worsening of skin condition but I seriously doubt it is due by the dermarolling procedure which is likely performed in a totally ineffective way in most cases, I rather consider more likely other treatments being responsible for the disappoint.

#8 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

The site mentioned says you shouldn't use those

http://www.dermaroll...ouldnt-use-one/

#9 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

Reading the thread below tells the same thing

http://forums.owndoc.../msg658/#msg658

#10 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

I agree with the above on most points but...

The fact of having 540 needles is irrelevant, it doesn't make the treatment faster, easier, more effective or less painful at all.

In my experience it doesn't leave scars, probably because since a 1mm needle is the right size for most uses the triangular shape on that hight doesn't really get large enough to be that much different from a real needle.

That said, if one has to chose, the number of needles is totally irrelevant and a real needle shape would be preferable, probably easier to use and maybe less painful, the outcome I doubt would be much different.

Those are the cheapest and on the market there are absurdly high priced ones too, there is no need for a good dermaroller to be expensive, if you don't feel comfortable with those cheap ones go for something else but don't think that the more you spend the better the result would be.

It is a 1mm needle, not a spaceship.

#11 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

I have been using Dr. Roller for 2.5 years.  One roller can last for 3 to 4 sessions.

#12 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:16 PM

One roller can last for 3 to 4 sessions.

That is another reason why I do prefer cheap rollers in order to be able to change them very often, needles loose their sharpness with use and things gets messy.

3-4 sessions is not much out of roller, but I agree that after that is at least perceivable a slight more difficult use.

#13 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

As I roll my skin very aggressively. so I want to make sure that the needles are as sharp as possible.

#14 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

Trying to find these on amazon is irritating.  You see a bunch of serums and stuff but not many products in the results.

#15 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:10 AM

I used to use derma rollers but they hurt too much and I didn't do it very often and finally stopped using them.  I use Retin A occasionally but what I prefer to use now the Derminator, an electronic device that does the same thing as derma rolling but the needles move so fast you barely feel it.  It has a lot of digital settings for different depths and speeds and was reasonably priced.  I use it a lot and can see a difference after just a few months of using it.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dermaroller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users