• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

why do I have to wipe my ass like 50 times every time I take a dump?

nutrition

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

I want to keep this topic serious.  My diet is alright.  I don't really have to push too hard to poop.  I poop every day.  It's pretty routine.  But no matter what I eat, I always have to clean like 50 times.  But every few weeks or so I will wipe and it will be totally clean.

Is this a diet thing?  I actually searched online and it seems other people have this issue.  I was even vegetarian for a few weeks and had the same experience.  This seemed like the right forum to place this question.

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

Hemorrhoid?

• Unfriendly x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

Hirsute?
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#4 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

Neither

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#5 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

But no matter what I eat, I always have to clean like 50 times.  But every few weeks or so I will wipe and it will be totally clean.

If I understood you and visualize this right, that's an enormous waste of toilet paper.

Ever tried the Asian method? Just your left hand fingers washed with plain water?

• unsure x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#6 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

Possibly soft stools, too much fibers in diet might be the cause.

Cacao might cause that too if in high enough amounts.

• Informative x 1

#7 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

Possibly soft stools, too much fibers in diet might be the cause.

Cacao might cause that too if in high enough amounts.

Hmm.. much too much cocoa, fibers and soft stools here. But at the most I only need 3 toilet papers.

• WellResearched x 1

#8 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

I've always had that problem too. When I reduced carbs my stools stopped being so sticky
  • Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

#9 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:40 PM

Yep, that is another possibility, too many carbs, especially those of high gluten content.

• Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#10 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

Grain consumption probably.

A poorly functioning vagus nerve and gut flora imbalance also. After drinking fermented drinks like water kefir, my stool cleared up and is now 95% "impeccable" so to speak.

My diet is white rice, chestnuts, nutritional yeast, olive coconut cod liver oils, sea salt, and vegetables (no nighshade vegetables). Of course, exercise, supplements (mainly vitamins minerals plants), herbs and spices especially bitters to promote a healthy functioning vagus nerve (i chew a juniper berry before meals).

Edited by sativa, 16 May 2016 - 11:45 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#11 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:07 AM

Too much total area involved

• unsure x 1

#12 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:49 AM

try moist wipes to finish

• Agree x 2
  • Informative x 1

#13 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

Also, finish with a mini shower wash, followed by a bit of coconut oil.

Edited by sativa, 17 May 2016 - 11:01 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

#14 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

In my personal experience this is caused by a piece of poo-poo not coming all the way out. I also think if a small piece is left it is much harder too push it out.

So you could try and keep Mr. Poo McSausage and his relatives intact as much as possible while you squeeze them out, not cut them in half.

• Cheerful x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#15 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

Importantly, squat instead of the western way of sitting down. Sitting is just a "shitty" position...
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Cheerful x 2

#16 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

what member keeps voting my posts time wasting?  This is a real issue!

Time wasting is spot on, though, because it takes more time to wipe your ass here.

• like x 3
  • Good Point x 2
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#17 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

Time wasting is spot on, though, because it takes more time to wipe your ass here.

Not me but what does "spot on," mean?  How much time are you taking?

#18 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

Too much total area involved

Lol, I misunderstood that commend completely.. vulgar. Sorry.

But spot on.. Just don't smear to a much larger area. Try to stay with the paper on that vulgar spot only.

Edited by pamojja, 17 May 2016 - 11:30 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#19 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:21 AM

Speaking of inappropriate ratings, "hemorrhoid" and "hirsute" are both conditions that can make it harder to get clean.  They were not meant as "Mean". 

ps:  As long as I'm posting, I have to say that this is one of the greatest thread titles ever.  LongeCity is proud.   (47, 48, 49...)

Edited by niner, 18 May 2016 - 02:23 AM.

• Cheerful x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#20 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:11 PM

It's the consistency. Softer, gummier stools cause this. There is nothing really wrong with softer stools as far as I'm aware. In fact, hard stools are more likely to indicate health or dietary problems.

But all that wiping will make you raw, might cause hemorrhoids, you won't be clean even after 50 wipes, and you will still have swamp ass all day. If you poop at home, just do like me and jump in the shower afterwards and your behind will be sparkly and new.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1

#21 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:54 PM

In my personal experience this is caused by a piece of poo-poo not coming all the way out. I also think if a small piece is left it is much harder too push it out.

So you could try and keep Mr. Poo McSausage and his relatives intact as much as possible while you squeeze them out, not cut them in half.

I get the feeling this might be the case.  I'm not pushing too hard or anything, but there are sessions when it feels like everything doesn't come out.  It's like almost all of it does.  It's just that last bit.  Then I wipe.  And I wipe.  And I wipe.

Not me but what does "spot on," mean?  How much time are you taking?

A few minutes including multiple flushes.

#22 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Speaking of inappropriate ratings, "hemorrhoid" and "hirsute" are both conditions that can make it harder to get clean.  They were not meant as "Mean". 

ps:  As long as I'm posting, I have to say that this is one of the greatest thread titles ever.  LongeCity is proud.   (47, 48, 49...)

I thought you were calling names.  I should use my dictionary.  Still a little clarification would have made it clear rather than one word.

• dislike x 1

#23 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

Hirsute?

Oops, sorry to be unfriendly, and didn't mean for it to play out that way. I realize this is a sensitive question. I mentioned harryness because for me this was a bit of a problem but after I gave myself a little clip back there things were solved. Incidently, eating a whole foods plant based diet makes elimination much cleaner and easier. But I find sometimes the sheer bulk of my fiberous scat tends to clog American toilets. What's the deal with American toilets, by the way, because for a plant based eater with big ole giant turds I have to get creative with flushing -- and sometimes they clog anyway -- but experience now makes me slightly less embarrassed about, um, flooding your bathroom floor I'm so sorry...
  • Informative x 1

#24 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:28 PM

This is not meant to be a put down but may relate.  Obsessive compulsion? 

#25 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:06 AM

Why not invest in one of those cool Japanese toilets that spray /massage your arse with water after you're done?

https://encrypted-tb...ciOeeFpnB0MiOUh
  • Agree x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#26 umaru

• 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:18 AM

Why not invest in one of those cool Japanese toilets that spray /massage your arse with water after you're done?

https://encrypted-tb...ciOeeFpnB0MiOUh

Yes, I agree. I have one of these toilets and I no longer think about how many times I wipe. I do understand the annoyance, but after switching over to a whole-food plant based diet (I eat 1 pound of salad greens daily), it's been gloriously clean.

• Informative x 1

#27 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

A few things can cause this:

1 - coffee consumption

2 - undereating (anorexia nervosa or CRON, to make poop you need raw material, those diets are often low in ruggage)

3 - b12 and other b vitamins being low (impacts peristaliasis)

4 - low fiber content (aim for 20+ grams a day AT LEAST)

5 - low bacteria count from low fodmap diets (eat chicory, inulin, celery, onions), stool is 50% dead bacteria

6 - some fat being left in the stool, especially if you eat oats, etc. they will bind it up and you will pass it out

I am dealing with same thing, the only thing that improves me is high carb, low fat diet, no dairy nor eggs. You should poop in a few seconds without pushing at all.

This is basically a form of diarrhea, ie between 4 - 5 on bristol chart - and it says it right there - more fibre. Of course you could try loperamide which works wonders on this and is fairly safe, especially if you are doing CRON then increasing transit time could be beneficial (maybe).

Do you have an urgency for bowel movement? Do you feel you don't pass stool fully? Do you sometimes go a second time after pooping (an hour or two later)? Do you have symptoms of gas or bowel dystention and pain? This could all point to the diagnosis of IBS...

Edited by vader, 21 May 2016 - 05:10 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#28 Young Paul

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

sometimes I have the same issue, but after a good long sauna or turkish bath I go home and have a crap, and I wipe once and no stain (I mean super clean)
ps. I'd never clean my butt up in the shower, that's not cool.... think of the other family members or guests

• Disagree x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#29 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:08 PM

poop come out clean without needing to wipe, maybe you need to position yourself on the toilet seat correctly and not move so it goes straight down. If you need to wipe especially that many times it could be issues with your gi.tract or deficient in vitamins etc. A poop should always come out in tact slimy enough so that it leaves no marks on its way out/down on the anus exit.

Edited by kurdishfella, 05 October 2020 - 01:09 PM.

#30 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

poo should come out in one piece

Edited by kurdishfella, 05 October 2020 - 03:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nutrition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users