Lion's Mane Supplementation Trial

nerve growth factor cognitive performance dreams case study

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Avem

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

About 2 weeks ago, after I finished off my second spring semester of college (I'm going to be a junior this fall), I decided to start taking my Lion's Mane supplement again. It was Swanson's Full Spectrum Lion's Mane Mushroom capsules. Each capsule contains 500mg, and I began taking 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening for a total of 3 grams per day (6 capsules per day). Unfortunately, I'd taken capsules somewhat sporadically in hopes of taking one a day during the semester, but I never got on a real schedule. So, I was only able to do this for about 5 days before I ran out. I was low on cash coming out of the semester, so I could not order any more immediately. Now, I've got a steady summer job that pays very well and I'll definitely be able to keep stock of the supplement for the next 3 months, at least. Interestingly, starting on the night of the first day that I began this 3 gram/day schedule, I dreamed more vividly and recalled my dreams each morning. This continued until the last night before I ran out, and I am sure that it was due to the Lion's Mane. I rarely wake up recalling dreams so vividly, and to have done it for 5 nights in a row is undoubtedly not a coincidence. While I did not note any other major changes, this particular effect is interesting enough that I want to try supplementing at this dosage continuously and long-term. I hope to see the same effect and possibly other effects on memory recall in general once I restart this regimen. My shipment just arrived yesterday (and I started again yesterday), so I will continue this regimen for a while unless I see no benefit after 4-6 months. Unfortunately, I did not wake up this morning recalling dreams in the same way. However, I'm hoping that after a day or two, I will notice this effect. Since it seems like there aren't too many posts detailing personal experiences with Lion's Mane or this particular effect on dream recall, I will keep this thread updated about once a week, beginning with my first true update next Friday. If you have any suggestions as to what personal characteristics (variables) about myself may be relevant to this, please make them in a reply to this post, and I'll do my best to account for them all in my next post. Wish me luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nerve growth factor, cognitive, performance, dreams, case study

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users