• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Schizophrenia...experiencing only the Negative Symptoms. Dumbfounded...

schizophrenia negative symptoms

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:24 PM

Any updates on this? I suffer from this. The only thing that works well for me is modafinil, adderall, and concerta. Modafinil works the best.

#32 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

Any updates on this? I suffer from this. The only thing that works well for me is modafinil,  adderall , and concerta. Modafinil works the best. 

Using traditional stimulants when you have Schizotypy is dangerous, and the evidence for any positive effect is mixed at best.

I'm glad you realized that Modafinil is the compound which has better evidence and more effect on the symptoms, because it's also the safer one.

In another thread, or friend YoungSchizo has actually begun preparations to obtain Fasoracetam and dose it as a treatment for negative symptoms. Search for his user-name and have a look - hopefully he'll update soon, when he has the materials needed. (scale, caps, scoop and Faso)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 AlmostEasy

• 112 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

I don't think you guys are taking my originally post nearly serious enough.  I've been through this for years and years and went as far as learning how to successfully and in a sterile method compound methylcobalamin from powder sent from china in my closet so I could inject 10 mg x 3 / day and did a group buy recruiting 10+ people to afford it and sent it all over the world (literally) just so I could afford my share.  I'm not joking about my insights.  I've spent $5000 or so of my own money on supps/noots/pharms and probably $40,000+ via insurance on labs and tests, an MRI as well.

The odds that you have "simple schizophrenia" are about zero if you don't respond to the treatments I listed, I'm almost 100% convinced only cog/neg schiz does not exist at all and it's a misdiagnosis of something very rarely seen.  It's highly likely that you suffer from something else, in the links I listed.  Some HHV-6 or CMV infection, some people are severely hypothyroid without realizing it, I've had people tell me they thought that they had schizo when it all abated from T3 treatment, sometimes higher dose up to 150 mcg / day. 

Doing all this research into these compartmentalized and isolated research articles looking at dopamine receptors and shit just is not the way to go.  If you have something throwing you off it's not "just because" and you're not going to fix it with l-dopa or l-tyrosine.  If an entire system is thrown off it's because something disrupted it, probably an infection or major deficiency unless you have strong genetic traits of the same in your family.  If you have strong genetic links in your family that is another story and supplemental anti inflammatory treatments can help quite a bit.  Those 5 or 6 I originally listed can be helpful. 

Have you been tested for Lyme disease?  Some have neurological Lyme only with almost zero physical symptoms.  I'm IGeneX lab positive for Lyme but CDC negative.  The CDC's qualifications are a bit suspect, I probably have Lyme, I was told:

You have a spirochete infection, there is no doubt, I would see an LLMD because Lyme is a clinical diagnosis. Remember that none ot those antibody bands should be positive, especially the antibodies for Lyme if you don't have Lyme. The probability you have Lyme is high, the probability you were exposed is close to 100%. The probability you have a spirochete infection is 100%, unless of course iGeneX made a mistake.

Stop while you're ahead with this isolated thinking.  Entire physiological systems do not just go haywire because "your dopamine is low".  Why is it low?  Why are you having HPA dysfunction?  Do you want to put a tiny band aid on it and go through that process for 4 years or do you want to treat the underlying causative problem and remove the problem entirely?  Try the tried and true treatments I listed in my first post on the first page and if you do get something from them even then it's likely it's something else.  Simple schizophrenia just doesn't exist.  Unless you're hallucinating and paranoid you don't have schizophrenia.  Trust me I went down this road for years.  I don't care if it has an ICD number, where else are Dr's going to categorize someone who has something they've no idea about?

You undoubtedly have neuroinflammation and probably some HPA axis dysfunction.  I've had a lot of success with certain treatments that reduce inflammation, memantine, minocycline, injected high dose Semax, high dose CBD oil, T3 helps some.  My latest success has been with the human growth hormone secretagogues Ipamorelin and CJC 1295 (Mod-GFR 1-29) w/o DAC, 200 mcg each x 3 / day.  That has brought me out of the fog and woken me up to the point where it's traumatizing to experience that normalcy again.  Liposomal glutathione also was great for a few weeks but stopped working like many of the things I've taken do.  Low Dose Naltrexone can be incredible as well, and cheap.

Stop dicking around and look at these:

Antibacterial:

http://forums.phoeni...-fatigue.41749/

http://forums.phoeni...10/#post-268436

http://www.healthris...-xifaxin-story/

http://www.longecity...nput-and-story/

http://forums.phoeni...tic-query.4649/

Growth Hormone Deficiency:

http://forums.phoeni...e-3#post-586830

Antiviral:

http://forums.phoeni...lgrimage.18777/

That is the tip of the iceberg.  There are tons of stories out there like this and thousands and thousands of people with the same problems.  If I were you I'd get off of this website, no one here has any idea what's going on with you and the majority here are people who are already higher functioning and have no idea at all or need to know at all about these kinds of disorders and everyone else has anxiety or depression.  Phoenix Rising is where the truly hurting get together to figure things out.

Good luck

Edited by AlmostEasy, 21 October 2016 - 06:10 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#34 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

So... I learned that simple schizophrenia is caused by... enlarged ventricles in the brain. 

What?? Curious... Is that the conclusion your Dr. has come to, regarding your own issues? (did extensive ct-scanning show that you have enlarged ventricles, which then produce too much cerebrospinal-fluid?)

Do you have a link regarding this?

Otherwise, as far as I know, simple Schizophrenia, which as I understand it is nothing but the negative symptoms - no paranoia or hallucinations, is actually caused by alterations to the PFC - the mGlur-receptors to be specific.

It's why I've been dying for someone with negative symptoms to actually try Fasoracetam - it should in theory be highly effective - yet we won't know until someone actually tries it.

Well, enlarged ventricles are not the cause but patients with schizo often have it.

c15d0ba7206174d0c50c2a2966011fac.png

So, I have enlarged ventricles and deficits in cerebellum. I'm almost 100% sure that this is my illness. In summary, I probably diagnosed myself right at the age of 15 (this kind of schizo usually starts on this age). And... my sister's suffering from paranoid schizo. I think I was pretty smart, now it's over. 

#35 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

That was one hell of a post AlmostEasy. I am going to look into those things myself. Im on the same boat. Ive tried numerous antidepressants, stimulants and hormones and they have only marginally helped. I realize now that i should give minocycline another go. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#36 Pubrica

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2021 - 04:04 AM

Schizophrenia is a life-threatening chronic mental illness marked by auditory hallucinations. Because these hallucinations are tough to comprehend, they have the power to possess and take control of human brains and bodies, which can appear as a variety of odd actions that could be misinterpreted as a variety of mental illnesses. After conducting literature review some studies on Schizophrenia (SZ), I realized that the negative symptoms were quite familiar to me. That is dulled emotions, a lack of motivation, social retreat, and thinking poverty. The change in SZ is increased by 2% when a second-degree relative is included. As a result, I may be predisposed to some aspects of SZ. I don't have any positive symptoms - hallucinations (save for sleep paralysis on rare occasions) and delusions aren't anything I have. I may occasionally feel as though others are staring at me, but I believe this is typical.

Edited by Pubrica, 24 August 2021 - 04:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schizophrenia, negative symptoms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users