Rehabilitation following Burnout

burnout fatigue rehabilitation sleep diet exercise adhd-pi sct cdd stimulants

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

I don't believe I have exercise-malaise though... I don't seem to pay any greater price for exercise per say - I seem to be more sensitive towards a general increase in activity - socializing, working, organizing, that sort of thing - which is more indicative of burnout.

Could you could have some milder form of sensory processing disorder, which might produce extra stress in certain situations? SPD is pretty common co morbidity with most of your official and suspected diagnoses.

• Good Point x 1

#32 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

I don't believe I have exercise-malaise though... I don't seem to pay any greater price for exercise per say - I seem to be more sensitive towards a general increase in activity - socializing, working, organizing, that sort of thing - which is more indicative of burnout.

Could you could have some milder form of sensory processing disorder, which might produce extra stress in certain situations? SPD is pretty common co morbidity with most of your official and suspected diagnoses.

It's quite possible - I really do have issues with motor-functions, advanced motorics - juggling and dancing and martial arts and such things, are very difficult for me. My handwriting is also somewhat bad, not the worst, but I don't seem to be able to improve it either. I seem to have a lower ceiling than the majority, when actually trying to learn motoric behaviour.

In fact, some believe that SCT in itself is a form of sensory processing disorder, and not truly an attention-disorder. Others believe it to be a wakefulness-disorder.

I believe there was some recent data regarding SPD, which actually found issues in the SPL, was it not? The same area which is implicated in SCT.

Testing for such issues appear to be very limited in the Nordic countries however, and whether or not one can actually DO anything about it is anyone's guess...

DCD at least, which I may have (whether or not DCD and SPD is the same thing or not is also debated) has at least been implicated to be connected with the mirror-neurons, which where recently proven to exist - perhaps drugs which enhance these neurons could be useful, hmm...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

All right, breaking news! :O I've FINALLY gotten a Sleep-Study done! And using a combination of NSI-189, Mirtazapine and Duloxetine I once more fractured my sleep, which should imply a flare-up in potential PLMD-symptoms.

AND IT DID! I've now got PROOF that I've got PLMD! As I recall it, I have a value of 41 movements - however, I don't recall if this is per hour or during stage 3 and 4 sleep, or during the entire period of sleeping, so not sure about that...

According to the sleep-Doc this is however morbid levels of movement and I now qualify for a diagnosis of PLMD. The data was collected using a device which measures electrical activity in the bigger muscle-groups in the hips and limbs.

MAN...! Am I tired right now... haven't had a good nights sleep in a couple of days. Yikes! Here's to starting up some Gabapentin again! Now I just gotta' muster up the strength to reformulate it from 300 mg to 150 mg... A lot of work for a sleep-deprived SCT-er lads, a lot of work...

#34 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

Article:

Prevalence of restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder in the general population

Factors specific to PLMD were: being a shift or night worker, snoring, daily coffee intake, use of hypnotics and stress

So PLMD correlates with things that decrease sleep quality.

Majority of people can hallucinate, experience some level of psychosis with enough sleep deprivation and right drugs, but prevalence of the disorder most popularly associated with psychosis, schizophrenia is only 0.3–0.7%.

It could be that there is a disorder, for which PLMD is core symptom, but in some cases PLMD symptoms could be just a symptom of sleep problems, not the cause behind them. Does getting the diagnosis give access to some medication or therapy otherwise not available? I think "non-rigged" results would have been more interesting to see, just like for schizophrenia "non-rigged" evaluation would be more informative than doing the evaluation after staying 60+ hours awake with help of Dexedrine or Adderall.

Edited by Finn, 07 March 2018 - 08:50 PM.

#35 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

Article:

Prevalence of restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder in the general population

Factors specific to PLMD were: being a shift or night worker, snoring, daily coffee intake, use of hypnotics and stress

So PLMD correlates with things that decrease sleep quality.

Majority of people can hallucinate, experience some level of psychosis with enough sleep deprivation and right drugs, but prevalence of the disorder most popularly associated with psychosis, schizophrenia is only 0.3–0.7%.

It could be that there is a disorder, for which PLMD is core symptom, but in some cases PLMD symptoms could be just a symptom of sleep problems, not the cause behind them. Does getting the diagnosis give access to some medication or therapy otherwise not available? I think "non-rigged" results would have been more interesting to see, just like for schizophrenia "non-rigged" evaluation would be more informative than doing the evaluation after staying 60+ hours awake with help of Dexedrine or Adderall.

Actually, the reason I had to rig the test is because I forgot to get rid of my Gabapentin in time, so, if I hadn't disrupted it, the Gaba-P would have been at a significant level in my blood, hence rigging the results in the positive direction instead... : [

BUT! I still agree with you.

I therefore tried to get two separate recordings via a neurologist (not a sleep-expert...) here in my local town instead, which where all non-rigged, HOWever...! Both were during more or less a waking state, and this behaviour seems to come about once I've been sleeping for an hour or two (the second one was in a sleep-deprived state, but I still found it tremendously hard to fall asleep - I became buzzed, sort of, uncomfortably, confused and excited - manic in a way, I suppose) - both studies were also, I found later, ONLY LOOKING FOR EPILEPSY!! >_<

I told the neurologist specifically that I don't believe this is the issue... that he should be looking for symptoms of PLMD - he only muttered something about RLS - I honestly get the feeling that he's completely uninformed about PLMD and the fact that it can be morbid.

I've been trying to make arrangements for another trip to the sleep-lab for a follow-up test though - I figure we'll need TWO more tests - one, un-rigged and unmedicated, and then, one with Gabapentin flowing through my veins.

The fact that I must do so many f***ing tests and that they are so complicated and costly to get done is rather nerve-wracking though...

I can't put too much energy into it at the moment though, since I don't HAVE the energy - I've been quitting all of my drugs in order to get a better measure of the next drug(s) I try for my SCT-symptoms - Guanfacine is however very difficult to discontinue (even after more than three weeks of a continous lowering of dosage...!) - I finally got tired of the low-level adrenergic head-ache, heart-palpitations, increased heart-rate, sweating, confusion and ever so slightly increased blood-pressure, that  I went on Memantine.

...Yes, I'm currently feeling stupified, after my second dosage - 2,5 mg, day two - now I'm starting to feel it, the dumbness. Fantastic half-life on this stuff! 80 hours. Since the discontinuation-symptoms from Guanfacine is in essence a result of down-regulation of the Alpha-2-receptors, I hypothesize that Memantine could quicken homeostasis - it does work for other types of tolerance, from other mono-amine-systems, after all.

We'll see, I guess - completely out of it at the moment though. Very odd, curious feeling.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 07 March 2018 - 09:20 PM.

#36 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

Stinkorninjor, are you saying that PLMD is primary disorder giving you SCT-like symptoms?

#37 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

Stinkorninjor, are you saying that PLMD is primary disorder giving you SCT-like symptoms?

No, I've still got SCT-symptoms irregardless if I convulse when I sleep or not - still terrible problems with motivation, still great difficulties at focusing on non-stimulating tasks. When the symptoms are less, I do notice a great deal less of FATIGUE though, which makes the SCT-symptoms easier to handle.

The severity of the PLMD-symptoms appear to be connected to diet, chemical-use and most of all, stress - it's been much less in the past - after my burnout, the PLMD-symptoms shot through the roof.

They seem to be reasonably under control at the moment, although I do notice some difference when I return to Gabapentin temporarily.

I'm supposed to be on a long-running medication-hiatus right now, in order to evaluate symptoms and effects of the next drug, and to make sure none of the older chemical alterations mess with the effects of the next drug - but I've decided to go back on drugs, starting with today, after using Memantine to regress the effects of down-regulation, and noticing some improvement (could of course just be the lengthy hiatus) I've decided to go back on medication now.

Current regime:

Dexamphetamine 1,25 mg

Atomoxetine 10 mg

Gabapentin 150 mg

Upping it to 2,5 mg Dex, 20 mg ATX tomorrow, as well as 30 mg ATX by day 3. (maximum dosage) I have work that I need to do, in the creative fields, which I have been unable to complete for years, because of SCT-symptoms, I have however, now arranged a team-production to circumvent this issue, but I still need chemical enhancement even in such an environment. This is only for a few days - after the project is complete I will return to my lengthy rest and discontinue all drugs for a few more days - then I will reconvene with my Dr. and request an official new trial of drugs.

• like x 1

#38 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

Yesterday I made a fresh new panel of fairly extensive blood-tests, to figure out if I have some physical problems which causes me to lose energy, or the ADHD-drugs to work less good.

Just like the previous tests, things seem reasonably good at the moment - only two things looked a bit bad: I had high resting glucose, 5.3, it's supposed to be 4.2 I believe. I also had somewhat low levels of Vitamin D (can't recall the type of test)

I'll reply with more info later - but perhaps some vitamin D4 could be a good idea? Any good brands? No word yet on Vitamin B12, but I'm leaning towards trying some Methylcobalamine, if it shows up low.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#39 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

fasting glucose should be up to 5.5 or 100 (depending on units: Europe uses mmol USA still uses mg).

almost everyone is vit D deficient. people take D2 or D3. Not familiar with D4.

stay away from Methylcobalamine, can cause hypermethylation. Hydroxycobalamine is fine. some people combine Hydroxycobalamine with Methylfolate for optimum results.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burnout, fatigue, rehabilitation, sleep, diet, exercise, adhd-pi, sct, cdd, stimulants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users