• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Petition to End Age-Related Disease

change.org age-related disease petition activism campaign

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:18 PM

Signed

• like x 1

#32 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

Signed

Thank you so much! :) Now please share if possible.

#33 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:52 PM

I have been giving the flyers some thought, and instead of just a run of the mill flyers we could have a puzzle so in order to get to longecity the person would have to decode the flyer.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:14 AM

Say I sign this, who will be able to tell that I signed it?

And can I sign with a fake name or somehow remain anonymous?

#35 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

Say I sign this, who will be able to tell that I signed it?

And can I sign with a fake name or somehow remain anonymous?

You have to use real details but at the bottom of where you put in your details, you can untick a box that says "display my name on the petition." This will make sure that your name isn't visible to everyone but it will still count your signature towards the petition. Hope that helps. :) At the end of the day, it is up to you but please consider signing it - you are literally helping to save millions of lives including ours. :)

I have been giving the flyers some thought, and instead of just a run of the mill flyers we could have a puzzle so in order to get to longecity the person would have to decode the flyer.

That sounds fun. :) Just hope that people will actually be bothered to. I personally would try because I am a curious person.

#36 MaximilianKohler

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

I signed this, but I think there are better alternatives. I've been following the microbiome research (via microbiomedigest.com & others), and this area is tremendously promising for pretty much every area of health, including aging of course. Almost all the "diseases of old age" (including cancer) are being linked to being caused by the gut microbiome.

Check this for more info: http://freetexthost.com/se3wwxq4rh

So basically by supporting microbiome research we're not only supporting anti-aging research, but a sort of "general" area that massively helps our entire society AND also provides great benefit to us. Whereas pushing only a single area of specialized research that only helps us, and one that might be hard to convince others about, is much less effective in my opinion.

And look at this graph:

MN-Fig-11.jpg

It shows that the research community already realizes how much potential this area has, therefore it would be easier for us to gain support for it.

BTW, here are a number of microbiome studies specific to aging: https://www.reddit.c...relevance&t=all

• Informative x 1

#37 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

Signed
  • like x 1

#38 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

Signed

Great work! :cool: Don't forget to share it if possible.

#39 Immortalist188

• 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

I signed it and shared it on my social networks.

• like x 1

#40 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

Great job. Thanks to everyone that has signed!!

Also, for those artists wanting to contribute, check out our art team forum: http://www.longecity...m/386-art-team/

There are some past projects in that forum including flyer designs and logos. I can attest that flyers on Universities is a pretty good strategy. It has worked for me in the past when trying to get a good audience for a life extension speaker.

If you have an idea for posting flyers or having a contest for life extension media please consider posting a more detailed plan, at least an outline, in the project ideas forum: http://www.longecity...-project-ideas/

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#41 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

I signed it and shared it on my social networks.

You are a star - thank you so much! :-D

• Good Point x 1

#42 Deku-shrub

• 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:48 PM

I added the 2x petitions I knew about to this page. Is there and more specific activism on this cause? Let me know!

https://hpluspedia.o...ng_as_a_disease

• like x 1

#43 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

I added the 2x petitions I knew about to this page. Is there and more specific activism on this cause? Let me know!

https://hpluspedia.o...ng_as_a_disease

There are LOTS of opportunities for activism with Longecity! :) Everything from outreach to art-based things. Please check out our commissions forum and see if there is anything that you can help out with. It may also be worth dropping a PM to Mind and YOLF to see if they have any other positions available. We need all of the helpers we can get and you have helped out lots just by signing the petition! :-D

#44 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

signed. great to see that Mind is still so active

• like x 2

#45 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

signed. great to see that Mind is still so active

Thank you so much for helping this important fight! :) Please share if possible.

#46 didierc

• Life Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

Signed! Please consider also signing the Brussels Declaration for Radical Healthspan Extension.

• like x 1

#47 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

Signed, there is a lot of people who do know strides are being made already.

• like x 1

#48 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:52 AM

Signed, there is a lot of people who do know strides are being made already.

Thank you so much and that is wonderful to hear! :-D

Edited by Droplet, 24 October 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#49 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

I have signed it and urge others to do so too. This needs to be shared on social media groups like the Facebook one for Longecity. Please invite whoever deals with the social media side of Longecity to this forum if they haven't already posted the petition and/or are not aware of it. Thank you. :)

Hi Droplet,

Yes we must all sign this to make our voice heard.

Cheers,

DareDevil

• like x 1

#50 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:54 AM

I have signed it and urge others to do so too. This needs to be shared on social media groups like the Facebook one for Longecity. Please invite whoever deals with the social media side of Longecity to this forum if they haven't already posted the petition and/or are not aware of it. Thank you. :)

Hi Droplet,

Yes we must all sign this to make our voice heard.

Cheers,

DareDevil

If you use social media, please share this petition. Thank you from me and everyone who you will potentially be helping. :)

#51 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

What a wonderful petition.  I wrote

I am enthusiastic that scientists have numerous ways to double the lifespan of lab mammals and appreciate that bringing this technology to humans not only reduces disease it creates ever greater longevity.  I would greatly appreciate seeing the differing lifespan doubling technologies combined at one lab mammal and then applied to humans.

Thank you for bringing the petition to my attention!

• like x 1

#52 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

Signed!

• like x 1

#53 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

What a wonderful petition.  I wrote

I am enthusiastic that scientists have numerous ways to double the lifespan of lab mammals and appreciate that bringing this technology to humans not only reduces disease it creates ever greater longevity.  I would greatly appreciate seeing the differing lifespan doubling technologies combined at one lab mammal and then applied to humans.

Thank you for bringing the petition to my attention!

Signed!

You are both amazing, thank you so much :-D Now please share with others if you are able to.

#54 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

The premise here is that the we want thousands of people to sign a petition saying that the government ought to redistribute money to aging research. First of all, that's not the government's job! The purpose of the government is to provide a justice system, to defend against criminals and foreign attacks. The government is an agency of force, it has no business in anything like this!

Instead of convincing thousands of people to sign a petition, why don't we convince thousands of people to just donate money to aging research directly? Or just convince people that aging research is a good idea, and that it's a worthy end for people to work towards.

It doesn't make sense to be wasting time on this petition when we could be redirecting people's money and efforts to aging research directly.

#55 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

I think that petitions and donations are good. Petitions show governments that there is a strong sentiment and governments do partially fund things such as medical research. Also, some people feel a bit let down by charities as they feel that charities are someone getting really rich off the back of donations even though the cause itself does benefit. That is a totally different issue but it is a sentiment that is commonplace. I think that governments can play an important role but also, I do agree that we need more donations to the cause directly.

• Good Point x 1

#56 Bobity

• 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

Signed & Promoted

• like x 1

#57 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:03 AM

Signed & Promoted

Good work and thank you for promoting it as well as just signing it. :)

#58 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

Signed!

• like x 1

#59 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

Signed!

Thank you so much! :) Now please try to share if you can.

• like x 1

#60 philzao

• 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

Aging itself is not a disease.  It is the natural order of things.  Everything dies.  There will never be an unlimited life span, and our planet could not sustain it/us if there were..  Don't live in so much fear of what is to come.

• Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: change.org, age-related disease, petition, activism, campaign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users