• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is Uncaria Rhynchophylla one of the best things that you can take?

uncaria rhynchophylla

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

Not recommended, but:

More than 20 alkaloids have been identified in Kratom by various researchers; the most abundant is mitragynine, an indole alkaloin. /One study/ reported 66.2% mitragynine in the crude base extract of young Kratom leaves from Thailand. ... Several analogues of mitragynine, namely paynantheine, speciogynine, speciociliatine, and 7-alpha-hydroxy-7H-mitragynine, are also found in Kratom extracts. Analysis of a methanol extract with GC/MSD identified both mitragynine and another alkaloid, rhynchophylline

kratom is an amazing healing herb

Must you oppose everything I say?  Are you Matt or Anne from hs?  You play the parts all too well.  Now please carry on prepping your kratom stockpiles, busy bird, and leave the science to less paranoid people.  One sad lonely night, you literally began preaching how acetone residue explained all ginkgo's stimulatory effects & how acetone was highly poisonous, and you found a people naive enough to believe it.  It took an overwhelming amount of evidence to dispel the belief.  And you paid no attention to ginkgolic acid or other legitimate contaminants.  Further, you take every chance you get to hate on green tea.  Why, what did it do to you?  Did you even try a Japanese-direct vendor?  No!?  The list goes on, norm.  So, would you be so good as to take your talents to blulight?  I would like to say I have a love-hate with you, but that would be an exaggeration, some would say a lie.

Btwwwwwwww people, I just contacted nootropics depot, powder city, and a few other obscurist sites.  Will report.  They have skullcap and polygala ffs

i keep telling you i have been drinking nothing but japanese tea and you keep telling me to order japanese tea to try it.... i give up discussing tea with you

another one i wouldnt recommend is skullcap as too many reports of liver toxicity

• Ill informed x 1

#32 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:57 AM

you can get that one at mimaki family pharmacy

You don't need to order those from Japan; Chotosan and Yokukansan are originally formulated by the Chinese in the 11th century or earlier; the Chinese call them "Gou Teng San" and "Yi Gan San" respectively--and available as Taiwanese-made 1:5 extracts in the US.

i wouldnt bother with those chinese formulas. japanese are very strict with their medicine and herbs and have tight control unlike those phony fake chinese. you can see on google all the herbs they throw in bags clearly labeled "asbestos" yikes

• Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:59 AM

All chinese supplements are asbestos thrown in a bag?  I didn't know that.  Do they also tap into your fillings with satellite frequencies?

You never went into specifics, unless you count Nestle's Pure Leaf Tea :)   There's a difference between "japanese tea" and tea that ships fresh, with japanese shipping label and packaging.  But giving you BOTD.. try another vendor?  It just seems like you're a non-responder, or anti-responder to many common herbs.  Shame. 

And why don't you take that up with nootropics depot, because they're the ones carrying skullcap.

Edited by gamesguru, 01 November 2016 - 03:02 AM.

#34 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:04 AM

gamesguru do their skullcap and report then. you seem enthusiastic and a firm believer, i wont say anything against this

#35 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:44 AM

i havent had skullcap since 2010.  i'll heed your advice (for now).  but i'm considering polygala, Gou Teng and Sheng Di huang.  also in the pipeline ashwgandha (for a second time), shilajit, kanna, reishi/maitake.  any objections there?

#36 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

All chinese supplements are asbestos thrown in a bag? I didn't know that. Do they also tap into your fillings with satellite frequencies?

You never went into specifics, unless you count Nestle's Pure Leaf Tea :) There's a difference between "japanese tea" and tea that ships fresh, with japanese shipping label and packaging. But giving you BOTD.. try another vendor? It just seems like you're a non-responder, or anti-responder to many common herbs. Shame.

And why don't you take that up with nootropics depot, because they're the ones carrying skullcap.

Are you sure that they are selling Skullcap? I buy my Polygala from them, but I'm unable to find Skullcap in the web.

Also, now I think that Jujuba could be even more interesting than Skullcap:

In rats fed high doses of Jujube, the sedative and Anxiety-reducing effects appear to actually be quite potent with at least one study noting that there is similar potency to Diazepam.

One animal study noted that, using middle-aged mice, 40-100mg/kg of the methanol extract for 30 days resulted in neuronal proliferation.[37] According to Ki67 and doublecortin immunostaining, neurons in the dendate gyrus were significantly enhanced at 40mg/kg and increased further at 100mg/kg (although not significantly different than 40mg/kg) with the percentage increase being 475% and 672%, respectively and relative to control.[37]

https://examine.com/...iziphus-jujuba/

#37 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

Still waiting on powdercity and mountainroseherbs.  Someone could try again?

Hey Team,

Would you consider to carry Gou Teng extract?  It has received attention on a few forums, and we could easily promote it on others/reddit.  Probably wouldn't be a hot seller off the bat, tho.

Best,
Shane

Hi Shane,

We do not have any current plans on carrying this product. We do however periodically release new products on our site, so if you would like to keep posted the best way to keep informed would be to sign up for our newsletter. You will receive emails letting you know every time we release something new. Here is the link: http://nootropicsdep...oin-newsletter/

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thank you,

Jaclyn Duwyenie
support@nootropicsdepot.com

• like x 1

#38 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

At least you received a polite answer hehe. I never quite received a reply when I asked them if they were interested in stocking a Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) extract.

#39 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

What did you say to them lol? I've just contacted purebulk, bulksupplements, higherself herbals, starwest botanicals, hardrhino, and iherb, letting them all know that as the research pours in on this gem, no one else stocks an extract (there's just a few whole plant suppliers). I also politely asked plum dragon herbs for a 500g tub, and information on potency.
  • like x 1

#40 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

i havent had skullcap since 2010.  i'll heed your advice (for now).  but i'm considering polygala, Gou Teng and Sheng Di huang.  also in the pipeline ashwgandha (for a second time), shilajit, kanna, reishi/maitake.  any objections there?

just curious whats the idea behind taking all those. a specific health condition or just generally healthy but wishes to spend money on things

#41 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

spendmoney on things, asopposed to what, saving money until America and Europe enter a recessionary hyperinflation and your savings become worthless. sounds good to me.

yes specific health problems I wouldn't rather not say publicly. or justwanting to try every herb and see how you react as an individual, might eventually find a glove that fits so to speak
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#42 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:45 AM

ok i understand your belief in trying things until you find something that works for you, but if you really dont have any medical problems and searching for solution, its going to be very difficult to just find something and know for sure it works in some way.

i dunno how old you said you are but you remind me of me when i was a teen and was trying every herb and supplement out there out of curiosity to see what works best and stick to it. what happened eventually, most of the stuff was just waste of time and money and at my peak, i was using about at least between 40 and 50 supplements and herbs. it was insane! eventually now, 12 years later, i realized what an idiot i was. now days just rarely i use some for the conditions i have for which back in the days when i was younger, nothing really worked because i was still young and healthy and it was mostly placebo. hell, i remember taking senna which is for constipation and i thought it was boosting my cognition lol and then ill take those fake acai pills that got lawsuits all over and actually did believe they give me energy hah

• Informative x 1

#43 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:13 AM

That's where it helps to be keen on research, so you don't jump on some gimicky bandwagon.

No ones saying 40 supplements, closer to 5. But I took 20ish back in the day at age 17, currently 23. It was certainly foolish and if you asked me what I was taking any one particular for, I couldn't give a clear answer. Today, despite my crusades on the city, I'm actually quite critical of ginseng.. sometimes I even get an anti-placebo effect, where I question if it's even working.

And anything that improves symptoms or lab tests is a keeper. I have nightly bruxism, exercise induced asthma, seasonal allergies, irritable bowel and malabsorption, eczema and osteoarthritis, zosters and hsv1 related inflammation, and worst of all, borderline and schizotypal syndromes. Its quite a handful to treat naturally.
  • Informative x 1

#44 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:10 AM

gamesguru did you consider doing a genetical testing and based on that to concentrate on few things?

#45 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:43 AM

i did consider it. not sure whether the price will come down or I will get a better job first :D

I just go with general studies, like magnesium with bruxism and quercetin for allergies.

#46 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Still waiting on powdercity and mountainroseherbs.  Someone could try again?

Hey Team,

Would you consider to carry Gou Teng extract?  It has received attention on a few forums, and we could easily promote it on others/reddit.  Probably wouldn't be a hot seller off the bat, tho.

Best,
Shane

Hi Shane,

We do not have any current plans on carrying this product. We do however periodically release new products on our site, so if you would like to keep posted the best way to keep informed would be to sign up for our newsletter. You will receive emails letting you know every time we release something new. Here is the link: http://nootropicsdep...oin-newsletter/

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thank you,

Jaclyn Duwyenie
support@nootropicsdepot.com

Powder City does not send their products to Spain anymore. I will send a mail to Vitacost, do any of you remember what kind of extract is the one that we should looking for?

At least you received a polite answer hehe. I never quite received a reply when I asked them if they were interested in stocking a Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) extract.

Weird, they sure are very polite and have always answered my questions.

#47 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

That's where it helps to be keen on research, so you don't jump on some gimicky bandwagon.

No ones saying 40 supplements, closer to 5. But I took 20ish back in the day at age 17, currently 23. It was certainly foolish and if you asked me what I was taking any one particular for, I couldn't give a clear answer. Today, despite my crusades on the city, I'm actually quite critical of ginseng.. sometimes I even get an anti-placebo effect, where I question if it's even working.

And anything that improves symptoms or lab tests is a keeper. I have nightly bruxism, exercise induced asthma, seasonal allergies, irritable bowel and malabsorption, eczema and osteoarthritis, zosters and hsv1 related inflammation, and worst of all, borderline and schizotypal syndromes. Its quite a handful to treat naturally.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that, are herbs and supplements doing good for you?

I'm healthy, but I used to be an alcoholic and a junkie when I was a teenager and I want to erase my sins with this herbs. Also, I want to be superior to everyone else, I think that this is the point with nootropics and supplements, to be the one.

• Ill informed x 1

#48 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

Ah, man you'll be making up lost ground for a while.  Even if you heal up, it's not like a sports injury where you can gain your strength back quickly.. missing out on formative experiences is something that's hard to fill in later in life.  I'm doing ginseng, ginkgo, green tea, bacopa, ginger, turmeric, (these are more foods) grapefruit, blueberries, broccoli and garlic.  Quinoa and hemp also have more benefits than meet the eye.

It's okay to cope with, besides the whole being teased for being a loner by your classmates thing, the most annoying part is dihydrotic eczema, which affects my hands and makes it painful to throw a proper spank.  It comes with stress, as does the viral load.. neither of which I have been able to solve.  The stress also makes the mental episodes worse

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#49 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:05 AM

i didnt see it on nootropics depot the skullcap thing you mentioned. but why would someone use that as whole which has too many things you dont want and may cause liver problems when the only thing one needs is the isolate oroxylin A. for which, im not sure anyone has yet to offer

• Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#50 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

Angiogenesis but not neurogenesis is critical for normal learning and memory acquisition. [2010]
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20804819

And we know that one of the main mechanisms of Uncaria Rhynchophylla is to increase angiogenesis. We are debating it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/5wit7m/angiogenesis_but_not_neurogenesis_is_critical_for/

#51 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

Samento by Nutramedix is made from another type of Uncaria. I've used it for Lyme, I believe it helps:

https://www.nutramed...crobial-defense

#52 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

Samento by Nutramedix is made from another type of Uncaria. I've used it for Lyme, I believe it helps:

https://www.nutramed...crobial-defense

This is Uncaria Tomentosa. We discussed the differences in this thread. Unfortunately, Tomentosa doesn't have GME (Geissoschizine methyl ether) in it.

#53 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

I've been oggling this herb for years now for the neuroprotective/neurotrophic effects, although it was always very uneconomical to buy. Recently I developed some psychotic symptoms after an intensive meditation retreat went wrong for me, and I put a lot of new effort into finding this stuff for the antipsychotic receptor profile found on geissoschizine methyl ether (GME).

My discoveries:

• There's highly affordable bulk extracts on aliexpress (they never used to sell supplements, but they do now!); look for "gou teng" or "uncaria rhynchophylla", and make sure you get a stem/hook extract, not the root one. I asked the vendors, and the 'summer' and 'herb sky nutrition' brands are from the stems/hooks.
  • GME is metabolized by CYP3A4, so if you really need to get high doses of it economically, you can boost uptake with a glass of grapefruit juice. I'm familiar with the problems/risks of that and profiled my pharmaceutical intake based on what they were metabolized by before I did this. I was pleasantly surprised by the almost complete lack of increased side effects from my daily herbs and supplements stack, however, which I profiled far less rigorously. For me personally, I don't seem to get much in the way of CYP3a4 inhibition bleed-over for anything I take at least a couple of hours after having my grapefruit juice and gou teng. Genetically, I'm a fast CYP3A4 metabolizer.

• Informative x 1

#54 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

<p>

I've been oggling this herb for years now for the neuroprotective/neurotrophic effects, although it was always very uneconomical to buy. Recently I developed some psychotic symptoms after an intensive meditation retreat went wrong for me, and I put a lot of new effort into finding this stuff for the antipsychotic receptor profile found on geissoschizine methyl ether (GME).

My discoveries:

• There's highly affordable bulk extracts on aliexpress (they never used to sell supplements, but they do now!); look for "gou teng" or "uncaria rhynchophylla", and make sure you get a stem/hook extract, not the root one. I asked the vendors, and the 'summer' and 'herb sky nutrition' brands are from the stems/hooks.
  • GME is metabolized by CYP3A4, so if you really need to get high doses of it economically, you can boost uptake with a glass of grapefruit juice. I'm familiar with the problems/risks of that and profiled my pharmaceutical intake based on what they were metabolized by before I did this. I was pleasantly surprised by the almost complete lack of increased side effects from my daily herbs and supplements stack, however, which I profiled far less rigorously. For me personally, I don't seem to get much in the way of CYP3a4 inhibition bleed-over for anything I take at least a couple of hours after having my grapefruit juice and gou teng. Genetically, I'm a fast CYP3A4 metabolizer.

I once bought Polygala from Alibaba and it poisoned me, I'm not ever buying from unreliable suppliers again.
  • Informative x 1

#55 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

That sucks. Poisoned you how, though? I'm wondering whether it's the kind of strong negative side effect you could get from buying a highly concentrated extract from the wrong part of the plant or extracted with the wrong solvent as compared to the research, or whether to take that to mean you got sent something else entirely.

Related: I've just received the 'herb sky nutrition' extract from aliexpress; tried a large dose yesterday, and subjectively the anxiolytic effect you expect from the 5-HT1a and 5-HT2 action of GME is present and potent. I may remember to come back here and let you guys know if I feel poisoned in a week or two. =P

Edited by Raza, 04 October 2018 - 07:01 AM.

#56 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

That sucks. Poisoned you how, though? I'm wondering whether it's the kind of strong negative side effect you could get from buying a highly concentrated extract from the wrong part of the plant or extracted with the wrong solvent as compared to the research, or whether to take that to mean you got sent something else entirely.

Related: I've just received the 'herb sky nutrition' extract from aliexpress; tried a large dose yesterday, and subjectively the anxiolytic effect you expect from the 5-HT1a and 5-HT2 action of GME is present and potent. I may remember to come back here and let you guys know if I feel poisoned in a week or two. =P

My whole arms got covered with rushes that looked like the artwork of the album Still Life by Van der Graaf Generator. I also got very weird sensations of extreme irritability and psychotic desires of raping a woman.

It was very messed up, I threw all the stuff away after two days of use.
  • Informative x 1

#57 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

That's pretty wild. Did you ever take the same herb from a reliable supplier? It might still just be how you respond to the real thing - rashes sounds like an allergic reaction.

#58 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:00 AM

That's pretty wild. Did you ever take the same herb from a reliable supplier? It might still just be how you respond to the real thing - rashes sounds like an allergic reaction.

Yes, I have used the same herb from a reputable source, Nootropics Depot, and I didn't have the same kind of reactions. The colour and smell were very different.

#59 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

Yes, I have used the same herb from a reputable source, Nootropics Depot, and I didn't have the same kind of reactions. The colour and smell were very different.

ND has Uncaria?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 William Sterog

• Topic Starter
  • 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

ND has Uncaria?

No, sorry. I was talking about Polygala Tenuifolia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users