• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Could I work my way up 15- 20g Vit C per day?

vitamin c

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

How do you know it's not the placebo effect?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#32 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

How do you know it's not the placebo effect?

In my case that's easy. Because having been diagnosed a PAD 8 years ago due to a 80% blockage at my abdominal aorta bifurcation and only 300-400 meter pain free walking distance. Where the diagnosing cardiologist said, 'however much greens I would add to my diet, additional to the pharmaceutical and surgical interventions they recommend, my 5-year mortality would remain at 30%'.

I refused their intervention (after following 4 months their only 2 recommended life-style changes - smoking cessation and walking exercise - made it much worse only), changed my diet, started slowly with comprehensive supplementation. And once I reached the therapeutic dose of vitamin C Linus Pauling recommends for CVD - 6 gd - after 1 year could walk 1 hour again. 2 hours he second year, 1/2 hr the third due to an additional chronic bronchitis, then improving again until I didn't get the PAD specific pains in my legs from walking anymore after the 6th year.

Meanwhile got a 60% government-certified walking-disability revoked due to this improvement. For skeptics there will be never be enough proof. For patients with a mercilessly deteriorating chronic disease with no cure (by conventional medicine) that skepticism simply doesn't matters. If the placebo-effect could be that strong, fine with any terminally ill, and me.

Though stopping vitamin C for a few days does indeed bring back the PAD specific leg pain. What a wonderful placebo. :-D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users