• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

What competes with uptake with glutamine/glutamate?

glutamine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

There are amino acid competition between tryptophan and phenylalanine,  tyrosine but what about glutamine/glutamate and other amino acids or chemicals? I have tried searching repeatedly but as usual to no avail. 

Obviously the goal is to deplete glutamine/glutamate contents in the brain.

• dislike x 1

#2 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

asparagine[1] and creatine.

much weaker, and specific to only one of three Glu uptake sites, are citrulline, carnosine, and histidine[2]

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:49 AM

asparagine[1] and creatine.

Asparagine.. hmm. Might this prove useful in autism where there are too large concentrations of glutamate and problems with degrading glutamate? Maybe I should give it a try.

I wonder, does its Wikipedia page suggest that it can both be forrmed from glutamate but also become it?

Asparagine usually enters the citric acid cycle in humans as oxaloacetate.[citation needed] In bacteria, the degradation of asparagine leads to the production of oxaloacetate which is the molecule which combines with citrate in the citric acid cycle (Krebs cycle). Asparagine is hydrolyzed to aspartate by asparaginase. Aspartate then undergoes transamination to form glutamate and oxaloacetate from alpha-ketoglutarate.

• dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

Five pathways and three steps in the ladder later, and we have a weak connection.  But seriously, this association is so indirect that I honestly think you are reading too much into it.  It's easy to get caught on these tangents.  But something as simple as making a move to a plant protein with low glutamic acid (have to check every profile, cause some plant proteins actually have more gluamate than whey!!)

Curcumin inhibits glutamate release, green tea promotes uptake (and more weakly, it also induces a release), and Radix subspecies inhibit the glutamate synthesizing enzyme GLDH.  Cannabis also appears to lower glutamate levels, but not without a trade-off. From tomatoes, tomatine and tomatidine, may also be useful.  They lessen Glu toxicity and are α7 agonists (this was new infromation to me)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glutamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users