- - - - -

Mad Cow - I'm Done with Beef/Red Meat

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

Alright, I have heard good arguments here and I do not deny that processed food is not as good for you as whole/raw/natural/organic food. And kevink brings up a good point about how we all have our tolerance for possible contamination from modern society (whether it is aspartame, teflon, chlorinated water, red meat, microwaves, or other "real scary" things). I just want to bring a little history into the thread. Predictions of ill health, death, and starvation have been made several times before. Most famously by Paul Ehrlich, who for some strange reason is still a tenured professor.

Here is a little bit of what he predicted in the late 60s and early 70s:

from the Stanford Review

His Population Bomb began, "The battle to feed all of humanity is over ... hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death." In 1969, Ehrlich added, "By 1985 enough millions will have died to reduce the earth's population to some acceptable level, like 1.5 billion people." The same year, he predicted in an article entitled "Eco-Catastrophe!" that by 1980 the United States would see its life expectancy drop to 42 because of pesticides, and by 1999 its population would drop to 22.6 million. In the mid-seventies, with the release of his The End of Affluence, Ehrlich incorporated drama into his dire prophesies. He envisioned the President dissolving Congress "during the food riots of the 1980s," followed by the United States suffering a nuclear attack for its mass use of insecticides. That's right, Ehrlich thought that the United States would get nuked in retaliation for killing bugs.

#32 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

Probably predictions like that have a function to warn, not to become true. Therefore I think they cannot be used to conclude that they were wrong, or even that similar predictions that are made now could therefore be wrong as well. The cause - effect relation is entirely different from that.

Regarding life extension that occurred the last century, I see it as follows. The amount of hygiene we reached and chemical medicine that helped us survive deceases just have some side effects. I mean side effects at macro level, beside the side effects of individual medicine or cleaning substances or whatever substances are invented.

The main macro-level side effect may be industrialisation of several processes, such as the provision of food introducing some “minor” quality issues. Minor as compared to the original life threatening issues that are resolved, but big enough to be carefully optimised in our next phase of development and evolution.

#33 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Xanadu-

That's the popular interpretation, but it's incorrect.  We require animal foods for optimal health — and we require them in non-trivial amounts.  I'll make my usual recommendation: read Dr. Weston A. Price's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.  It's fascinating.

It's certainly possible to be a lot healthier on certain kinds of vegetarian diets than a lot of people eating the SAD are, but that's not really saying much.

-Paul

thats a load of BS... you dont NEED to consume any animals products, in any amounts.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

thats a load of BS... you dont NEED to consume any animals products, in any amounts.

Children do for proper neurological development.

#35 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

I think it's interesting that a lot of people feel that way, because many cultures believed the opposite. They felt a spiritual connection to nature and to the animals they hunted, killed and ate, and that tended to encourage a healthy respect for the delicate balance of nature. If anything, I think it's becoming completely divorced from the reality of where meat comes from by buying it in little plastic-wrapped packages in grocery stores that leads us to tolerate problems like the grossly inhumane conditions in factory farms.

When I hunt I certainly feel much more a part of nature, than when I walk into the grocery store and buy prepackaged meat off the shelf.

Hunters in general are nature lovers and they fight to protect it. More money goes into preservation and land managment through hunting than through other means.

#36 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

Children do for proper neurological development.

again thats BS... there are plenty of kids raised vegan that grow up perfectly healthy and functioning optimally

#37 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...lth/4631006.stm

Sure, you could make the argument about flax, but we all know that the conversion isn't as efficient and most people wouldn't eat enough.

#38 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

again thats BS... there are plenty of kids raised vegan that grow up perfectly healthy and functioning optimally

I beg to differ.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....l=pubmed_docsum

http://www.ncbi.nlm....l=pubmed_DocSum

#39 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:24 PM

doesnt matter how many studies you post...i could post up just as many studies of children who eat animal products having deficiencies. omnivorous children can obtain nutrient deficiencies just as fast as a vegan child if the mother isnt eating/supplementing properly.

what it boils down to is how aware the parents are of what the child actually needs... not the use of animal products.

#40 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:36 PM

I think it's fairly well established that humans can live fine without animal supplementation. It's also true that many vegans do not eat the proper diet. You do have to be more alert and informed if you avoid animal food. Can anyone show that children raised with a good vegan diet were unable to mature properly? That would prove it but I don't believe that has ever been established. Supplements help but it is possible to be healthy without any supplements on a vegan diet. I think that is the point ajnast was making.

This looks like another of those subjects that will never be settled to anyone's satisfaction.

#41 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:42 PM

what it boils down to is how aware the parents are of what the child actually needs... not the use of animal products.

I guess Justin's point is that it is much easier to properly raise the child if the diet is supplemented with animal products. If nothing else, it requires less education regarding diet in the parents.

And before you rail that parents should have proper education, that's true, but remember that specialization leads to wealth. I'd rather a mother focus on something she's good at (and eat meat occassionally) than focus on learning something she doesn't know much about.

#42 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

I guess Justin's point is that it is much easier to properly raise the child if the diet is supplemented with animal products. If nothing else, it requires less education regarding diet in the parents.

This is exactly my point. It's not at all easy to get essential nutrients without animal products. Certainly not in a way that simple hunter gatherers could, which is how we evolved. We evolved to eat meat. There may be circumlocuitous ways around that these days, but don’t kid yourself into thinking that humans evolved to live either eating or not eating meat.

#43 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:32 PM

Just for the record...

My wife and son are both vegitarian. I have them both on Fish Oil as of last year.

If I had been more on top of the data, I would have put them on it years ago. I missed the early childhood DHA window and 8-10 years ago because I wasn't following the information the same way I am now...but, with the quality of the fish oil supps back then, I probably would have been feeding him mercury in a pill so maybe it's better I missed that opportunity.

No social or cognitive issues either. He does very well despite the lack of extra DHA during the early years.

He loves his Nordic Naturals now. It's a health decision for me. I don't need him to survive or be OK - I need him to reach 100% potential and right now, that says fish oil to me. I in no way am saying it's the best decision for everyone...I simply did not feel it was the best thing to remove that nutrational source from his diet.

Just thougth I'd chime in on that point since it's something I've already had to deal with.

BTW - he's also on organic whey protien. Used to be Soy protien bars and such, but I ditched all soy for him until they figure out this estrogen thing. Eggs, Cheese, grilled veggies, Amy's frozen meals, no fast food, no sodas (once in a blue moon).

#44 chris_h

• 71 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:37 PM

My excuse for not being a vegetarian is that I was raised in a Catholic family; Catholics are not allowed to be vegetarians; our religion dictates that we must eat raw meat.

#45 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

Kevin-

I think it's interesting that a lot of people feel that way, because many cultures believed the opposite.  They felt a spiritual connection to nature and to the animals they hunted, killed and ate, and that tended to encourage a healthy respect for the delicate balance of nature. 

Yeah, I knew I was going to have that line come back at me. Glad it came from you. I didn't want to take it out and I didn't want to write a book discussing it. Trust me, I was well aware of the complications in that statement.

I can't go into the delicate balance of nature part. In short - it depends, right? If you believe that desire and ignorance stop your real evolution, and the remedy for that is achieved by removing your self-cherishing to the point that you see no difference between yourself and any other being in all of existence...then, no, sport hunting is not going to do anything more than a good camping trip or rock climbing could do. In fact, it will stop you from making any real progress. Want the thrill of the chase? Go track a wounded animal and capture it for medical care.

As for needing to kill for food to stay alive...that's a long story...maybe some other time.

If anything, I think it's becoming completely divorced from the reality of where meat comes from by buying it in little plastic-wrapped packages in grocery stores that leads us to tolerate problems like the grossly inhumane conditions in factory farms.

You're preaching to the choir on that one, Paul. I would love for every high school senior class to have a "mandatory" trip to a slaughter house. It would do wonders for some of these issues, but as you know, they try to keep those places locked up tight...bad for business, you know.

I was speaking from a "thou shalt not kill" point of view. it always struck me as odd that the commandment was "thou shalt not kill" and it was taken to mean "kill man". Nevermind that we can't even get that one down right - but, isn't it curious that God got "lazy" and didn't bother to put a three letter word after it..."Thou shalt not kill man". So maybe God ran out ink (or stone carving lightning bolt), or maybe he didn't specify because the commandment means don't kill at all. I'm not disrespecting the Judeo/Christian/Muslim bible based faiths - I'm saying that commandment is a lot sweeter and more perfect and ultimately more powerful to me with that interpretation. And living by the "standard" interpretation of just applying to man is probably why "we" have NEVER seemed able to get that "easy" part right.

Anyway...I think I should shut up since this is really getting off topic. [wis]

#46 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

My excuse for not being a vegetarian is that I was raised in a Catholic family; Catholics are not allowed to be vegetarians; our religion dictates that we must eat raw meat.

Really? How interesting. Can you explain that more...I never heard that before (I think?).

#47 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

i know alot of catholics, and ive never heard that one before...

#48 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:08 AM

He's probably refering to the doctrine of transubstantiation. Catholics believe that Holy Communion is literally the body and blood of Christ. It's not just symbolic.

---BrianW

#49 Paul Idol

• Guest Paul Idol
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:23 AM

Ajnast4r-

doesnt matter how many studies you post...i could post up just as many studies of children who eat animal products having deficiencies. omnivorous children can obtain nutrient deficiencies just as fast as a vegan child if the mother isnt eating/supplementing properly.

All I have to say to this is read NAPD.

Though I guess if you're a devout enough believer in the faith of vegetarianism, nothing you read will make a dent.

-Paul

#50 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:17 AM

In case someone else wanted a quick look around...

The Weston A. Price Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charity founded in 1999 to disseminate the research of nutrition pioneer Dr. Weston Price, whose studies of isolated nonindustrialized peoples established the parameters of human health and determined the optimum characteristics of human diets. Dr. Price's research demonstrated that humans achieve perfect physical form and perfect health generation after generation only when they consume nutrient-dense whole foods and the vital fat-soluble activators found exclusively in animal fats.

And the main website...
http://www.westonaprice.org/index.html

Mercola has Dr. Stephen Byrnes summation of the book online.
http://www.mercola.c...eston_price.htm

#51 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:18 AM

All I have to say to this is read NAPD.

Though I guess if you're a devout enough believer in the faith of vegetarianism, nothing you read will make a dent.

It seemed like an interesting read, but nowhere near science heavy enough to use it to cop an attitude of intellectual superiority. When you start out by saying that all members of group x are blinded by faith, while you're following cold hard facts, I think you really need a good list of published studies.

#52 Neurosail

• Life Member, F@H
  • 311 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:36 AM

If this thread is about BSE, then this site F.D.A. should help. Notice that it also has links for cattle-derived cosmetics and gelatin processing products. Aren't vitamin pills made with gelatin? So its not just red meat, but I think that you got a better chance of winning the lottery than getting BSE.

But if this the vegetarian thread; I was talking to a vegetarian at work (a chicken kill plant with 2 further possessing plants) and he said it ok to eat fish since fish is not a meat. What does that mean? [huh] I thought meat was the muscle of the animal and fish have muscles. Also, is it unethical for a vegetarian to work at a kill plant? [glasses]

#53 Paul Idol

• Guest Paul Idol
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

Kevin-

I was speaking from a "thou shalt not kill" point of view. it always struck me as odd that the commandment was "thou shalt not kill" and it was taken to mean "kill man". Nevermind that we can't even get that one down right - but, isn't it curious that God got "lazy" and didn't bother to put a three letter word after it..."Thou shalt not kill man". So maybe God ran out ink (or stone carving lightning bolt), or maybe he didn't specify because the commandment means don't kill at all. I'm not disrespecting the Judeo/Christian/Muslim bible based faiths - I'm saying that commandment is a lot sweeter and more perfect and ultimately more powerful to me with that interpretation. And living by the "standard" interpretation of just applying to man is probably why "we" have NEVER seemed able to get that "easy" part right.

That depends on how you look at religious history, I think. It's sort of like the debate over strict constructionism of the Constitution. At the time of the writing of the Bible and the creation of the faith, nobody would have ever in a million years dreamed that the commandment applied to animals or that people maybe shouldn't eat animals. Anyone suggesting such would've been laughed out of town. Remember the part about God refusing Cain's offering of fruits of the soil and accepting Abel's offering of a lamb from his flock? God favored animal consumption — or people did, depending on whether you're a believer.

Of course interpretations change and evolve over time, and as society grows larger and more complex, diverse and interconnected, the definition of "neighbor" often broadens and the circle of protection a culture offers frequently widens. The definition of "neighbor" used to be "fellow in-group member", i.e. fellow tribesman, fellow co-religionist, etc. And Jesus was actually a reform Jew who enjoined his followers not to cast the "pearls" of his teachings before the "swine" of non-Jews. The evangelism Sol/Paul undertook after Jesus's death was unquestionably against Jesus's wishes. But religions evolve. Interpretations of scripture evolve. The common modern interpretation of the swine aphorism is that "swine" are actually just people who aren't (yet) receptive to Christian teachings. Many of the faithful say that everyone in the human race is thy neighbor. And if you actually read through the bible, there are TONS of directives that nobody, not even fundamentalists, follow, like the one about not wearing blended fabrics. So just as with the Constitution, strict constructionism is very much a matter of interpretation, and that's the charitable way of putting it.

My tedious and long-winded point is that I don't think it's unimaginable that at some point a common interpretation of the sixth commandment will encompass animals, but that potential interpretation should be put into historical perspective.

You're preaching to the choir on that one, Paul. I would love for every high school senior class to have a "mandatory" trip to a slaughter house. It would do wonders for some of these issues, but as you know, they try to keep those places locked up tight...bad for business, you know.

As pro-meat as I am, I agree — except I also think there should be a field trip to a pasture-based farm in which the cows (or bison or sheep or whatever) are contentedly munching on grass. And I think education should cover the tremendous differences in nutritional quality between factory farm meat and pastured meat. And hey, while I'm fantasy land, how about some hours spent on soil fertility and its effect on health! :)

Anyway...I think I should shut up since this is really getting off topic.

Well, it's admittedly off the topic of mad cow, but it's certainly germaine to the important larger topic of meat eating.

-Paul

#54 Paul Idol

• Guest Paul Idol
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:25 PM

Emerson-

It seemed like an interesting read, but nowhere near science heavy enough to use it to cop an attitude of intellectual superiority. When you start out by saying that all members of group x are blinded by faith, while you're following cold hard facts, I think you really need a good list of published studies.

If I'm copping anything, it's an attitude of correctness. There's a vast realm of information out there demonstrating that dietary fat (per se) is not harmful, that the foundational studies of the cholesterol hypothesis actually demonstrate that saturated fat consumption is beneficial and that initial misinterpretations resulted partly from conflating saturated fat with hydrogenated fats, that veganism is very harmful, etc. I don't blame people for being gulled by the titanic sea of misinformation we're living in. It's extremely difficult to see through it, and you generally have to be motivated to try first. My health problems motivated me to try.

Also, NAPD is a lot more science heavy than you realize. Price was admittedly working before many modern testing methods became available (and since his work couldn't be duplicated today because modernism has reached the diets of all the tribes he studied, it's just as well) but he tested everything to the limits of the science of the day. He examined foods for mineral content, fat-soluble vitamin content, and all sorts of other parameters, and he not only examined similar and neighboring tribes which followed different paths (i.e. sticking with their traditional diets versus switching to modern diets) he also examined individuals of the SAME tribes who followed different paths AND observed what happened to people and their children once the switch was made but starting before it.

As a dentist, one of his prime metrics was dental health (average number of caries per tribe member, correlations between caries and diet, etc.) and the overall formation of the skull (he correlated deformities of the dental arch and of the skull itself with malnutrition) and he took detailed measurements of legions of skulls and people's heads along with over 18,000 photographs of the people he encountered, generally focusing on their skull formation and dental health using the same open-mouth closeup pose.

So to dismiss his work as somehow "light" in science is simply incorrect.

However, I only recommend the book as a starting point. It's incontrovertible, but it's hardly the be-all and end-all. From there you might proceed to Framingham and Tecumseh and see what they actually said, for example.

-Paul

#55 biggee

• 37 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:10 PM

Mad Cow - I'm Done with Beef/Red Meat

Big mistake! Vegetarians have shorter lifespans. Mad cow disease is a mega scare tactic! Processed grains are the worst possible thing anyone can consume yet being touted as being at the top of the food pyramid. Meat is essential, in that it contains certain elements not available in any other foods. The FDA/USDA is in bed with the mega multi-national pharmacutical industry and don't really give a flying f*** about your health when it comes to thier monetary gains, (corrupt)...

We are omnivors...

I used to believe all the crap surrounding vegitarian lifestyle etc...

Watch out for soy products in replacing animal potein and animal fat. Soy contains phytoestrogen levels 20 times higher than breast milk. Disasterous for infants, leading to the onset of puberty in girls as early as age 7. In infant boys the opposite effect happens, leading to delayed onset of normal puberty, a decrease in the size of the male sex organ and a dramatic increase in homosexuality!

As pointed out by Dr William Campbell Douglass;

"Low fat vegan diet may spur weight loss". Technically this statement is true-but only because followingsuch a diet would make you slowly starve to death.

What really made me wonder and turn around my thinking on these things was watching my father go from a typical North American meat and potatoes diet, to a mostly vegatarian diet with lots of so-called health foods and mega carbs and watch the dramatic worsening of his health until it killed him!!! Up until that point, my father was a very healthy man who just went into retirement and wanting to make sure he continued to stay healthy.

Since I have changed from being a vegatarian back to a proper balanced diet of meat and fiber rich carbs (not the destructive processed carbs), my health and well-being has improved enormously. My libido is much greater. My weight has normalized. My energy is far more fueled and rarely if ever do I get sick like most everyone else whom follows vegan diets and/or those laden with processed carbs etc.... All I can say is just be carefull of who and what you are believing when it comes to your real health and well-being.

Don't ask me to back up these claims as I am not into a p*s*ing contest. All of this is verifiable. I am not a Doctor or scientist, I have just done my research and have come to know these things as facts through keeping a wide open mind, following reason and the proper application of what I have come to know as result of my exploration and discovery into the field. In other words some of you here really need to open up and really do your searching with a wide open mind, devoid of pre-concieved beliefs/self deceptions. (Not an easy task). As Paul Idol wrote;

How is that for opening a can of worms, (which by the way would be far more healthy to consume than many of the so-called health foods promoted out there)....

#56 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

biggee said "Big mistake! Vegetarians have shorter lifespans. Mad cow disease is a mega scare tactic! Processed grains are the worst possible thing anyone can consume yet being touted as being at the top of the food pyramid. Meat is essential, in that it contains certain elements not available in any other foods. The FDA/USDA is in bed with the mega multi-national pharmacutical industry and don't really give a flying f*** about your health when it comes to thier monetary gains, (corrupt)..."

Who exactly is behind this mega scare tactic? I'm not questioning the fact that it is over-blown, but is it the deadly vegetarians with their world-dominating powers working against good, hard-working meat eaters? Meat is essential to YOU. Not to me. I don't have problem being knowledgable about nutrition enough that it takes me time to plan out a meal, and really consider what's going into it, and what's coming out of it. It's the antithesis of that and just simply getting a burger on the go that is the real harm. It's too easy to blame the FDA/USDA/big pharma/whatever, when it's really in your hands and one is posed with difficult decision to make regarding their diets.

I used to believe all the crap surrounding vegitarian lifestyle etc...

That sums up your position in one sentence. It sounds like you were never properly informed as to this "lifestyle". You're confusing being vegetarian with a lot of other cultural references, what constitutes this so-called lifestlye? It is not a lifestyle as much as it is a dietary choice, although it's up to an individual as to if it is just a diet, or a lifestyle. You come off sounding brutally uninformed saying that. Because it did not work for you does mean it is crap. It seems much the opposite.

Watch out for soy products in replacing animal potein and animal fat. Soy contains phytoestrogen levels 20 times higher than breast milk. Disasterous for infants, leading to the onset of puberty in girls as early as age 7. In infant boys the opposite effect happens, leading to delayed onset of normal puberty, a decrease in the size of the male sex organ and a dramatic increase in homosexuality!

Oh my god! We can't have any gays next to the meat and potatos. [wis] Those vegetarians really are destroying the American dream. Lock up your sons. Could you please provide a source for this "study"? I am fully aware of the high phytoestrogen content of soy products, but there could be issues at any rate where soy replaces breast milk entirely, and also would make up for that high amount of a infant's diet. I am curious to see the amounts given, and over what time.

What really made me wonder and turn around my thinking on these things was watching my father go from a typical North American meat and potatoes diet, to a mostly vegatarian diet with lots of so-called health foods and mega carbs and watch the dramatic worsening of his health until it killed him!!! Up until that point, my father was a very healthy man who just went into retirement and wanting to make sure he continued to stay healthy.

Since I have changed from being a vegatarian back to a proper balanced diet of meat and fiber rich carbs (not the destructive processed carbs), my health and well-being has improved enormously. My libido is much greater. My weight has normalized. My energy is far more fueled and rarely if ever do I get sick like most everyone else whom follows vegan diets and/or those laden with processed carbs etc.... All I can say is just be carefull of who and what you are believing when it comes to your real health and well-being.

Do you remember your dad's diet in more explicit terms? What are these "so-called healths foods"? Mega-carbs??? I'm just curious as to just how drastic a change this was. My vegan diet is not laden with processed carbs.

Don't ask me to back up these claims as I am not into a p*s*ing contest. All of this is verifiable.

So can I ask you to not pee anymore if it's so easily verifiable? [wis] I really didn't want to get involved in this debate anymore than I had at the beginning, but I couldn't say no any longer.

#57 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:30 PM

Here is the punch line:

"Don't ask me to back up these claims"

That sounds familiar. Next he'll say go look around and find out for yourself.

#58 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

Meat is essential, in that it contains certain elements not available in any other foods.

BS.. major major major BS. otherwise there would be alot of dead vegans/vegetarians around

a decrease in the size of the male sex organ and a dramatic increase in homosexuality!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAKJLASKLJASJKL

OK!

North American meat and potatoes diet, to a mostly vegatarian diet with lots of so-called health foods and mega carbs and watch the dramatic worsening of his health until it killed him!!!

so what ur saying, that his bad diet killed him... not the lack of meat.

fiber rich carbs (not the destructive processed carbs), my health and well-being has improved enormously.

why do you keep saying that? like all vegetarians eat is processed carbs? im a vegetarian, and i eat NO processed carbs. and neither do the other veggies i knows... in fact vegetarians in general tend to be alot more health conscious.

vegan diets and/or those laden with processed carbs etc....

again... how does a veggie diet = processed carbs? did i miss that entry in the manual? you obviously have no idea what being a vegetarian means.

Don't ask me to back up these claims

yea cos your full of sh*t... please post up SOME sort of reference, i would LOVE to refute any and everything you have to offer

#59 Paul Idol

• Guest Paul Idol
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

Ajnast4r-

yea cos your full of sh*t... please post up SOME sort of reference, i would LOVE to refute any and everything you have to offer

If he won't I will, just because I hate seeing vegetarian propaganda go unchallenged, particularly when it's easy to disprove it all.

I don't have the time tonight, but maybe I'll be able to start tomorrow.

And unlike certain people I could mention, I try to scrupulously maintain a civil (and literate) tone.

-Paul

#60 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

Ajnast4r-
If he won't I will, just because I hate seeing vegetarian propaganda go unchallenged, particularly when it's easy to disprove it all.
And unlike certain people I could mention, I try to scrupulously maintain a civil (and literate) tone.

-Paul

feel free, because any arguement that its not possible to stay healthy as a vegetarian is just simply wrong! im living proof... there are entire cultures with thousands of years of proof.

and i appologize for the dickish tone, just a little riled up after a long day at work. we'll keep it mellow, i love a good HEALTHY debate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users