Pitolisant Sources?

pitolisant narcolepsy h3-receptor modafinil analogue wakefullnes fatigue

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

I'm currently on a look-out for an H3-antagonist, and Pitolisant is the most tested and tried such compound - currently actually in limited use in Europe, as an actual prescribed medication, I believe? Wakix, as it's called.

It's been two years, and as I believe, THT no longer supplies individual customers, but focuses on companies - SO...! Are there any other, reliable, trusted sources of Pitolisant?

#2 Breakthrough

• Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

Mind_paralysis, I appreciate your efforts in this search for a remedy.  I believe we suffer from a similar condition (SCT) although your ability to produce information and delve into great detail greatly elapses my own at this point.  Question - were you ever able to secure any Pitolisant and give it a whirl?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

Ah, I did not, actually - I think I gave up on it, after I stopped using Atomoxetine, or I got a prescription for Modafinil again.

I was going through a lot of sedation at the time, because of ATX, and a combo of ATX and NSI-189 (terrible idea! the sedation reached even DANGEROUS levels!).

I can't really say I think Pitolisant is a valid treatment of SCT at this time - maybe if used with an MAOI, as our friend Finn has theorized. That, or if you find that ATX really, really helps, but causes sedation - then Pitolisant is probably a good idea.

I'm currently trialling DextroMethylphenidate btw - which is a variation on Ritalin that has a more balanced effect on Dopamine and Norepinephrine (NE being the neurotransmitter hypothesized to be the most important in SCT at the moment - even though there's not that much evidence of it, it's just one of the more likely) - it's... promising. We'll see - there's always a placebo-response at first, so we'll see where it takes us in a week or so.

#4 Breakthrough

• Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:09 AM

I'm all too familiar with the placebo responses.  I was Limitless on my first dose of Concerta... and only the first dose.  I haven't tried Strattera yet, but I also have trouble finding any documented sustained successes with it, not to mention the side effects sound abysmal.  I'm personally just starting to recover from post ssri sexual side effects that neither me nor my girlfriend want to relive. 

I'm on the market for an effective stimulant, so I wish you the best with dextro.  For once I'm not dealing with depression/anxiety symptoms, but my brain just doesn't want to light up and make thoughts, ideas, or memories.  I would hope that something exists to provide that spark.  I have heard of positive experiences with dexedrine as well.  I will have to decide on one pharmaceutical in the next month before grad school begins.  I will also try experimenting with a nootropic like nsi-189, modafinil, or pitolisant.

#5 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

Well, if it's any consolation, Atomoxetine does not affect feelings of lust, nor does it cause inorgasmia.

Some do report a contracting of the penis (I take it you're a man... if you were woman, this would be inconsequential), that is similar to what happens when exposed to cold temperatures. This is logical, since the drug increases Noradrenergic activity, which is what cold do as well, causing vaso-constriction.

I have tried both NSI-189 and Modafinil, and even though both seem to be helpful, it's more that they make it easier to ENDURE the disease, not that they actually treat it.

I would rather suggest that you go with combination-therapy - ATX+Vyvanse for instance.

I have tried Dexedrine myself, and the effect is fairly low, not much better then Ritalin.

#6 Breakthrough

• Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

My poor short term/working memory makes it very tough to lend coherent responses to people's messages.  In any case, thanks for your take on the ATX side effects.  I wonder if there is any common trait among the available stimulant drugs that resonate best with the SCT population; seems like perceived efficacy is all over the place. 

My other, even more pressing concern about ATX however, is the tolerance/homeostasis that the SCT body typically reaches, rendering the drug ineffective.  Have you discovered any methods to avoid any tolerance and reach sustainable levels of efficacy?

#7 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

I understand - it's the same for me.

I haven't found any way to keep effects consistent - just like for you, and many others, most drugs only seem to work for a limited time - a few days at most.

This is sometimes called the "honey-moon effect" among some other types of patients as well - we can't be sure if this is REALLY an effect though - it could just as easily be simple hypomania/euphoria which many different type of people get initially from drugs - euphoria is a lie, and not real efficacy.

It could also just as easily be PLACEBO, i.e we WANT the drugs to work so badly, that for a short while, they do.

Upon closer inspection, I think I've had this kind of honeymoon-effect from nearly every drug I've ever used...

All I can say is that you need to try the drugs and see what happens... not even Professor Russell Barkley, the person who knows the most about SCT, can say what will work - that's why he's often vague and careful in his wording when he talks about treatment.

#8 Breakthrough

• Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:15 PM

Yea, Barkley was even apprehensive to mention Strattera, probably assuming that the entire SCT community is hanging on his every word.  I can attest to the Honeymoon affect with a couple drugs; once with Concerta, and an OTC supp called Procera, where I functioned like a genius for the first day, only to never see those effects again. 

The mind is so resilient.  In the same manner it negates those pleasant initial effects, it also allows us to heal from trauma, like say, marijuana induced mania; where we can wake up the next day feeling like our old self for the most part.  It seems that something as drastic as gene therapy is needed to stand to the might of the brain.  

Alternatively, the nootropics/herbs that promote growth factors (ie. Lion's mane, lithium, intermittent fasting...) in the brain sound like they have the potential for more permanent affects, but I've yet to experience such benefits.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#9 Breakthrough

• Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

Strangely enough, certain affects have managed to stick with me throughout my drug use and even after discontinuing.  Unfortunately, these affects are primarily the 'negative' side effects from drugs like SSRIs, which blunted me emotionally and sexually, while possible downplaying my anxiety levels.  

Therefore, it is valid that playing with neurotransmitters/mediators can have lasting effects.  I would presume that if something can be made completely DE-sensitized, that there must be opposing drugs that would HYPER-sensitize, and on a more sustainable basis.

I'm doubt such a substance would address some of our blank-mind issues, but if it were targeted towards our mental problem areas, we could at least get passed the honey-moon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pitolisant, narcolepsy, h3-receptor, modafinil analogue, wakefullnes, fatigue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users