• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Dr. Bredesen Alzheimer's and Pro-resolving Mediators

alzheimers dr. bredesen cognitive impairment resolvins protectins brain inflamation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:01 AM

Sorry this is just to start a possible dialogue as I am overwhelmed by the subject's complexity.Has anybody tried any of the many resolvins and protectins?

Dr. Bredesen recently gave a talk at the Silicone Valley Health Institute. Since the original Mend protocol study information came out in around 2014, they have continued to add strategies. He will release a book in May, I believe. (Thanks Lostfalco) One of the strategies when indicated is the use of SPM Active by Metagenics which is a proprietary marine lipid complex that is new, and he quickly mentions at around 55 minutes into the presentation, and has the following:

18-hydroxy-eicosapentaenoic acid (18-HEPE) and 17-hydroxy-docosahexaenoic acid (17-HDHA)

Recently the following was part of an very long anti-aging firewalls post which  ImmInst posted here on longecity.

http://www.longecity...s-and-lipoxins/

1..Lipid mediators that work to resolve inflammation can operate by affecting ion channels in neurons

The just-published November 2016 publication Modulation of the Activities of Neuronal Ion Channels by Fatty Acid-Derived Pro-Resolvents reports: “Progress of inflammation depends on the balance between two biological mechanisms: pro-inflammatory and pro-resolving processes. Many extracellular and intracellular molecular components including cytokines, growth factors, steroids, neurotransmitters, and lipidergic mediators and their receptors contribute to the two processes, generated from cellular participants during inflammation. Fatty acid-derived mediators are crucial in directing the inflammatory phase and orchestrating heterogeneous reactions of participants such as inflamed cells, innate immune cells, vascular components, innervating neurons, etc. As well as activating specific types of receptor molecules, lipidergic mediators can actively control the functions of various ion channels via direct binding and/or signal transduction, thereby altering cellular functions. Lipid mediators can be divided into two classes based on which of the two processes they promote: pro-inflammatory, which includes prostaglandins and leukotrienes, and pro-resolving, which includes lipoxins, resolvins, and maresins. The research on the modulations of neuronal ion channels regarding the actions of the pro-inflammatory class has begun relatively earlier while the focus is currently expanding to cover the ion channel interaction with pro-resolvents. As a result, knowledge of inhibitory mechanisms by the pro-resolvents, historically seldom found for other known endogenous modulators or pro-inflammatory mediators, is accumulating particularly upon sensory neuronal cation channels. Diverse mechanistic explanations at molecular levels are being proposed and refined. Here we overviewed the interactions of lipidergic pro-resolvents with neuronal ion channels and outcomes from the interactions, focusing on transient receptor potential (TRP) ion channels. We also discuss unanswered hypotheses and perspectives regarding their interactions.”

The practical implications of the Omega-3 derived lipid inflammation-resolving mediators, protectins, marasins and resolvins, is potentially very great.  So, especially in the last 4 years, researchers have been examining implication for various inflammation-related disease processes.  Some of the things being learned are exemplified by the following items 2. -5.

Edited by Heisok, 20 January 2017 - 02:14 AM.

#2 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 02:30 AM

Life Extension makes a Pro-Resolving Mediators that includes not only the stuff found in Metagenics, but another type as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Neurocryo

• 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 08:22 PM

I’ve tried the LE brand one time.  I think I’m too young too notice the effects.  Also don’t have E4.  Might return too it when I am a grumpy old inflamed man.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alzheimers, dr. bredesen, cognitive impairment, resolvins, protectins, brain, inflamation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users