• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else notice a difference between Modafinil and Armodafinil?

armodafinil nsi-189 gabapentin modafinil atomoxetine

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, I'm on day two of my regimen of 150 mg Armodafinil, and I gotta' say... this is NOT like Modafinil!

Just spent about an hour researching this on the web, and the reports are, to say the least, mixed and confusing regarding if there's any difference between the two or not.

Even the supposed superiority of Armodafinil in effect is challenged, with a meta-review which looked at both - well, turns out it's NOT clear if Armodafinil really has any superior therapeutic effects - even when the dosing-differences was accounted for. (the supposed greater strength of armodafinil, 150 mg being at least as strong as 200 mg modafinil)

I'm honestly not quite sure what to think... All I can say is this: It's not like Modafinil for me.

Definitively not!

What I notice, is a greater amount of peripheral stimulation, and a much, much more non-linear effect from Armodafinil. Yesterday, when I trialled it with Atomoxetine 35 mg and NSI-189 20 mg, I had a tremendously good effect! Reaction-time was better, motivation was through the roof - creative thinking was back to my pre-burnout levels, motivation and ambition was noticeably up - it was quite frankly, one of my best days in months!

Today however... when trying the same combo - 20 mg NSI-189, 35 mg Atomoxetine and 150 mg Armodafinil, I did not get these results. Instead, I was quite possibly MORE tired than even when I usually combine ATX and NSI-189! But with the marked difference of slightly increased anxiety and a boat-load of peripheral effects - a sort of pulsing tremor in my body, sleepiness and fatigue - heart-palpitations and pulse-irregularities.

I tried to tough it out for about 3 hours, before I had to lie down and almost fell asleep! I then realized that something had to be done - so I tried another 37 mg of Armodafinil, and now I got more wakefulness, but, the effects are different than yesterday - for some reason, I am quite a bit emotionally shut off, robotic even. There is no true motivation or creative though, I seem rather spaced, out of it even.

Curiously enough, the pulsing tremor went AWAY, as well as some of the heart-palpitations, when I INCREASED the dosage of Armodafinil! This makes no sense... those are typical stimulatory side-effects - increased dosing should actually make them worse. But it didn't, quite the opposite.

The Modafinil I tried was real, prescribed Modafinil 200 mg from Bluefish, the Armodafinil I'm currently trying is 150 mg manufactured by Sun Pharma.

I honestly don't know what to think about this... have I just had some bad luck and gotten a bad batch of Armodafinil? Or is the S-enantiomer of Modafinil truly pharmacologically active? Could it really account for the perceived difference in effect?

I will be lowering my dose tomorrow, and trying 75 mg of Armodafinil - reason I tried 150 mg today was because yesterday, when I tried only 75 mg of Armodafinil, along with Atomoxetine 35 mg and NSI-189 20 mg, I did not notice ANYthing from the Armodafinil...! I was still as tired as I usually am, when I combine the two other compounds. A second redosing of 75 mg Armodafinil, 2 hours after the initial dosing of all 3 compounds, solved any and all such issues beautifully:

I haven't been as active, awake, ambitious and creative in months.

If anyone else has actually used BOTH Modafinil and Armodafinil, with NSI-189 (I've done both, and Modafinil seemed to have consistent effects on both day 1 and 2 when used with NSI-189) and seen such radically different results?

#2 logicmuffin

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:52 PM

But with the marked difference of slightly increased anxiety and a boat-load of peripheral effects - a sort of pulsing tremor in my body, sleepiness and fatigue - heart-palpitations and pulse-irregularities.

These are common side effects of NSI-189. Is it possible you took a higher than usual dose of NS-189 that day? I've found NSI-189 to be extremely dose sensitive. At higher doses it can be very sedating and put you in a fog and result in temporary peripheral neuropathy, etc. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

Today was better! I lowered my Armodafinil to 75 mg, and kept on with NSI-189 20 mg and Atomoxetine 35 mg.

I was not as active as I would have preferred, but I did not have the crazy peripheral effects, nor the incessant fatigue I experienced yesterday.

Less "spaced out" as well - slightly emotionally cut off though, but not at all by as much.

It's rather interesting though, because the reason I tried 150 mg instead of 75 on the first day, was because 75 mg did not seem to affect the tiredness or fatigue - and I did give it approximately 2-3 hours before I did any redosing.

Rather inconsistent results, this.

But with the marked difference of slightly increased anxiety and a boat-load of peripheral effects - a sort of pulsing tremor in my body, sleepiness and fatigue - heart-palpitations and pulse-irregularities.

These are common side effects of NSI-189. Is it possible you took a higher than usual dose of NS-189 that day? I've found NSI-189 to be extremely dose sensitive. At higher doses it can be very sedating and put you in a fog and result in temporary peripheral neuropathy, etc. 

No actually, I lowered my dose from two 20 mg capsules of NSI-189, to one 20 mg capsule, for the start of this new regimen - I figured it would be a bit much, with all of that stimulation going on.

I have carefully weighed my doses, so within reasonable limits, it should have been less than the day before.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 25 February 2017 - 07:12 PM.

#4 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

I haven't noticed much difference between them.

#5 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:15 AM

I have noticed the 'intensity' effects of Armodafinil doesn't last as long for me compared with Modafinil but they both make me hard to fall asleep unless after 12hrs of dosing. They both accumulate over days of use because of the long half life so thats why I don't take it daily anymore. Maybe once a week at the most?

There were several times when I took Armodafinil, felt great for 3 hours and then had a nap in the car... that was really strange but I was feeling super tired those days.

So subjectively I would say Modafinil is stronger and has longer lasting effects than Armodafinil. Armodafinil comes on quicker though, but expect a 'crash' from it if you are already feeling tired (or sleepless due to it keeping you awake from the previous night in which case its a downward spiral if you continue to take it LOL)

#6 logicmuffin

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:22 AM

I have noticed the 'intensity' effects of Armodafinil doesn't last as long for me compared with Modafinil but they both make me hard to fall asleep unless after 12hrs of dosing. They both accumulate over days of use because of the long half life so thats why I don't take it daily anymore. Maybe once a week at the most?

There were several times when I took Armodafinil, felt great for 3 hours and then had a nap in the car... that was really strange but I was feeling super tired those days.

So subjectively I would say Modafinil is stronger and has longer lasting effects than Armodafinil. Armodafinil comes on quicker though, but expect a 'crash' from it if you are already feeling tired (or sleepless due to it keeping you awake from the previous night in which case its a downward spiral if you continue to take it LOL)

Which brands? Prescribed modafinil/armodafinil, from SUN, or from HAB pharma?

#7 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

I can't speak for LinLin, but I myself have used:

Modafinil Bluefish (prescribed)
Armodafinil Waklert (sun pharma, illegal)

A small note here... if the effects are really interchangeable, and R-modafinil is the sole active constituent of Modafinil, then why aren't the manufactured dosages reflecting this?? If S-Modafinil is inactive, then why are the equivalent dosages of 200 mg Modafinil not branded as 100 mg Armodafinil?? Instead, the equivalent dosage is considered to be *150* mg Armodafinil, not a 100 mg.

I've noted that my sleep is NOT as good on Armodafinil as it is on Modafinil - I am therefore starting to suspect, that several of the anti-convulsive properties are in fact bound to the S-modafinil enantiomer, as that would explain the issue - Modafinil has several metabolites which are suspected to be anti-convulsive, well, it stands to reason that those metabolites will NOT be the same when using R-modafinil only.

Another note... R-modafinil has been observed to be a D2-agonist, but this property was not recorded previously, when discerning Modafinil's pharmacology - instead, ALPHA-agonistic properties were reported - since I generally respond more badly to Dopaminergic properties then I do to Norepinephrinergic properties, I am starting to see a pattern here... Perhaps S-modafinil affects norepinephrinergic systems more, and R-modafinil affects dopaminergic systems?

This doesn't seems outrageous to me - many will then prefer R-modafinil, but to me, who have dopamine-triggered anxiety and symptoms correlating to hypoactivity in the norepinephrinergic networks of the brain, then S-modafinil may in fact, be better.

D'OH!! Well, this is what I get for not digging deep enough into what little litterature there is on this... oh well, live and learn. *head-bash*

#8 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

Modafinil is the worst shit i have ever tried. its a dilemma.

its giving you a little bit alertness but long lasting thats it. This is a very usefull advantage.its like long lasting coffee. 

not like ritalin but a mild power.  Some guys can experience high libido and more sensitive penis, orgasms  because of  very high histamine levels.

But i realized 3-5 days later my nose got shitloads of lessions wounds everywhere and bleeding like crazy. After a research i learned it is working by pumping histamine all over the body.

can be taken for 2-3 days (beyond that you should use desloratadine) , but after that if you have allergic rhinitis, sleep apnea or something like that,  it will pump your adenoid, conchas with blood, make vasodilatation there and congest your airways and fk up your sleep.

i planning using loratadine with nuvigil.

I realized nuvigil is in list of our pharmacy.

i will get a prescription for it sooner or later. May be low dose armodafinil and 2.5mg desloratadine can give results without side effects.

i bought 30 200mg pharma modafinil tablets for 2-3 dollars(9TL).

Goverment is payin this shit for me, but not payin concerta. Im paying shitlaods of taxes, lets get benefits of this taxes.

i will get nuvigil, its 3 times more expensive will cost me about 10 dollars for 30 tablets.

Edited by dopaminerush, 12 March 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#9 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

WAKLERT and MODAFINIL from the feline group :')

Thats the worst things about it... the super long half life! If it was just 6 hours that would be lovely. 24 hours of it feels like I am no different to the speed junkies always chasing for the 'stimulation'.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 horus

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Got me some Modafinil 200mg and some Armodafinil 150mg from the cat people before they closed up shop.

Pretty strong stuff so I would usually need to use only half a tablet.  Preferred the Modafinil as the Armodafinil seemed to have a harder edge to it.

100mg of Modafinil or 75mg of Armodafinil  would last more than 12 - 15 hours for me, sometimes making sleep difficult.

Also, I recently ordered some Adrafinil from the nootropic place where I get Phenibut.

300mg supposed to equal about 100mg Modafinil but unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me

Anyone else ever try this Adrafinil stuff?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armodafinil, nsi-189, gabapentin, modafinil, atomoxetine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users