Cyclodextrins and atherosclerosis

lipoproteins

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#121 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2020 - 02:16 AM

Nothing to report with cyclodextrin. My ear ringing was likely psychosomatic. I've not lost any hearing.

Presently I am running 4 cups of raw oatmeal and 8 to 10 pills of squalmine which is a ptp1b inhibitor like trodusquamine. Along with pomegranate smoothies. I feel pretty good just from the raw oats alone. I can't quantify any changes as I have no baseline plaque levels.

#122 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2020 - 02:40 PM

Nothing to report with cyclodextrin. My ear ringing was likely psychosomatic. I've not lost any hearing.

Presently I am running 4 cups of raw oatmeal and 8 to 10 pills of squalmine which is a ptp1b inhibitor like trodusquamine. Along with pomegranate smoothies. I feel pretty good just from the raw oats alone. I can't quantify any changes as I have no baseline plaque levels.

Thanks for the quick response!

I have adjusted my diet dramatically as well. Vegan, whole foods. I absolutely hate it. I believe it is keeping me alive but it sucks.. lol.

How are you ingesting so much raw oatmeal? (what made you want to eat so much oatmeal) Is there a specific brand/type?

Let me know if you get curious about CDP? Looks like its a "cure" for CAD with no hearing loss. Just need a lab to formulate and put in syringes.

Edited by Wookie, 06 December 2020 - 03:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:58 PM

I have adjusted my diet dramatically as well. Vegan, whole foods. I absolutely hate it. I believe it is keeping me alive but it sucks.. lol.

How are you ingesting so much raw oatmeal? (what made you want to eat so much oatmeal) Is there a specific brand/type?

Let me know if you get curious about CDP? Looks like its a "cure" for CAD with no hearing loss. Just need a lab to formulate and put in syringes.

Don't you want to get a bit more experimental data before you start injecting this into your veins? This is one mouse test after all. I have learned to take any results on atherosclerosis from tests on mice with a grain of salt.  Mice really don't want to have atherosclerosis. You either have to genetically engineer them to get it or feed them crazy jacked up high fat diets. If you do the latter I've seen some test results that tell me that if you simply return them to a normal chow diet a lot of their atherosclerosis will spontaneously regress.  Like I said - these critters really don't want to have atherosclerosis. 

Also, anyone that goes this route, I would make damn sure that whoever does the synthesis knows how to avoid or wash out any non-polymerized cyclodextrin. And then I'd get an independent lab to verify the output and make sure that they can tell the difference between polymerized and non-polymerized CD.

The last thing you'd want to do is find out that 30% of your polymerized CD was actually unpolymerized, after your hearing takes a header.

If I were going to brew us something to administer IV that had a chance of reversing atherosclerosis, I think I'd look real hard a trehalose (there's a thread on it in this section). All you've got to do is get endotoxin free trehalose (which is obtainable) and get someone to make you a solution under sterile conditions. Seems like a lot lower risk than this and there are phase II or III human trials (for another application) to establish some reasonable safety.

#124 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:36 PM

When I was younger a I ran a diet EXTREMELY high in raw oats with profoundly remarkable health effects and stopped because of my love of meat. 

• Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#125 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:55 PM

Don't you want to get a bit more experimental data before you start injecting this into your veins? This is one mouse test after all. I have learned to take any results on atherosclerosis from tests on mice with a grain of salt.  Mice really don't want to have atherosclerosis. You either have to genetically engineer them to get it or feed them crazy jacked up high fat diets. If you do the latter I've seen some test results that tell me that if you simply return them to a normal chow diet a lot of their atherosclerosis will spontaneously regress.  Like I said - these critters really don't want to have atherosclerosis. 

Also, anyone that goes this route, I would make damn sure that whoever does the synthesis knows how to avoid or wash out any non-polymerized cyclodextrin. And then I'd get an independent lab to verify the output and make sure that they can tell the difference between polymerized and non-polymerized CD.

The last thing you'd want to do is find out that 30% of your polymerized CD was actually unpolymerized, after your hearing takes a header.

If I were going to brew us something to administer IV that had a chance of reversing atherosclerosis, I think I'd look real hard a trehalose (there's a thread on it in this section). All you've got to do is get endotoxin free trehalose (which is obtainable) and get someone to make you a solution under sterile conditions. Seems like a lot lower risk than this and there are phase II or III human trials (for another application) to establish some reasonable safety.

Im not opposed to either. They are both sugar. Maybe I should be more concerned but I dont see why a lab can not accurately make the CDP. The study says CDP works much better without the side effects. Also there have been studies for Beta CD in humans for other conditions and it worked beautifully so its not like there isnt a realistic possibility this works for CAD.

Either way, I am open to group buy for either. I need to take action. I doubt the powers that be are gonna give us a cure because they cant make a profit, so its up to us. Im all in.

• Good Point x 1

#126 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:28 AM

Ah, here is one new paper on the subject from this year - Cyclodextrin polymer improves atherosclerosis therapy and reduces ototoxicity.

You cited the same study as me a few months ago. What has happened in the interim to make you so sour on CDP?

#127 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:50 AM

You cited the same study as me a few months ago. What has happened in the interim to make you so sour on CDP?

I'm not soured on it. I'm just advising that a little caution is in order. This is one experiment in mice. What happens if you put it in a primate? Or a higher primate (i.e. human)? We don't know.

And there is the practical consideration of getting polymerized CD of sufficient purity that you'd feel reasonably safe injecting it into your veins. Having some unpolymerized CD mingled in is a distinct possibility. If you go to China to make this, do you trust them not to screw this up? And you're probably going to have to go to China to get anyone that will deal with you and you can afford.

Oral administration is one thing. If it has endotoxins (definitely possible) your digestive tract will generally render them harmless. But IV administration bypasses all that. You really have to be careful what you're injecting directly into the bloodstream.

So I've not soured on anything. This is an exciting development. But safely doing this today with a single experiment and the issues with procuring good product should not be underestimated.

• Agree x 1

#128 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2020 - 01:21 AM

I'm not soured on it. I'm just advising that a little caution is in order. This is one experiment in mice. What happens if you put it in a primate? Or a higher primate (i.e. human)? We don't know.

And there is the practical consideration of getting polymerized CD of sufficient purity that you'd feel reasonably safe injecting it into your veins. Having some unpolymerized CD mingled in is a distinct possibility. If you go to China to make this, do you trust them not to screw this up? And you're probably going to have to go to China to get anyone that will deal with you and you can afford.

Oral administration is one thing. If it has endotoxins (definitely possible) your digestive tract will generally render them harmless. But IV administration bypasses all that. You really have to be careful what you're injecting directly into the bloodstream.

So I've not soured on anything. This is an exciting development. But safely doing this today with a single experiment and the issues with procuring good product should not be underestimated.

You bring up some very good points.

I agree with you about the safety precautions. I know a lab owner personally, im not sure if his type of lab could make this. He is doing PCR testing for Covid currently.

We could always contact the lab they used in the studies. It would really help if one of us was a scientist or expert in this field so we could be sure not to poison ourselves.

There seems to be a lot of researchers that believe Beta CD reverses plaque. The polymer version (at least in mice) seems to be more powerful and safer. Heart disease is terminal. (eventually) There has to be cure. 

Is there the same safety concerns with Trehalose? I appreciate your insights. Thanks.

#129 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 01:33 AM

You bring up some very good points.

I agree with you about the safety precautions. I know a lab owner personally, im not sure if his type of lab could make this. He is doing PCR testing for Covid currently.

We could always contact the lab they used in the studies. It would really help if one of us was a scientist or expert in this field so we could be sure not to poison ourselves.

There seems to be a lot of researchers that believe Beta CD reverses plaque. The polymer version (at least in mice) seems to be more powerful and safer. Heart disease is terminal. (eventually) There has to be cure. 

Is there the same safety concerns with Trehalose? I appreciate your insights. Thanks.

BioBlast, an Israeli company, did clinical trials of IV trehalose in humans for Oculoharyngeal Muscular Dystrophy and didn't see any safety issues. They've since sold the rights for that application to Seelos Therapeutics, Inc.  There are some experimental data showing effectiveness for treating atherosclerosis (I think these were animal trials if memory serves).

The advantage of trehalose is that it has not been noted in any form to cause a significant adverse outcome like hearing loss as CD has. Also, you can buy off the shelf endotoxin free trehalose.

I think that polymerized CD might be the thing many of us have been waiting for. But how long before you get a human trial? Who knows. All of these processes move far slower than they should.

I'd at least like to see a few more trials in other animals. Cats were one of the first species that showed ototoxicity in CD trials. Maybe a test of the polymerized version in cats.

• Good Point x 1

#130 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2020 - 01:52 AM

Personally I have more CD on the way. Its cheap and no effect on hearing... At least I hear much better than my wife! I also forgot to mention i take several grams daily of taurine and about 1 gr tudca fornthe liver which is important to lipid metabolism. If only i could give up ribs, Italian sausage and hamburgers....

Edited by Rocket, 08 December 2020 - 01:56 AM.

#131 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:49 PM

Personally I have more CD on the way. Its cheap and no effect on hearing... At least I hear much better than my wife! I also forgot to mention i take several grams daily of taurine and about 1 gr tudca fornthe liver which is important to lipid metabolism. If only i could give up ribs, Italian sausage and hamburgers....

Thanks for your regimen! I miss cheese burgers...................

Can I ask for your smoothie recipe? Also, when you say 4 cups raw oats. Do you literally mean a bucket of dry Quaker oats and a spoon?

#132 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:03 PM

BioBlast, an Israeli company, did clinical trials of IV trehalose in humans for Oculoharyngeal Muscular Dystrophy and didn't see any safety issues. They've since sold the rights for that application to Seelos Therapeutics, Inc.  There are some experimental data showing effectiveness for treating atherosclerosis (I think these were animal trials if memory serves).

The advantage of trehalose is that it has not been noted in any form to cause a significant adverse outcome like hearing loss as CD has. Also, you can buy off the shelf endotoxin free trehalose.

I think that polymerized CD might be the thing many of us have been waiting for. But how long before you get a human trial? Who knows. All of these processes move far slower than they should.

I'd at least like to see a few more trials in other animals. Cats were one of the first species that showed ototoxicity in CD trials. Maybe a test of the polymerized version in cats.

Can you post the trehalose Longecity thread link? Is there a protocol yet?

I am open to both treatments.

#133 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2020 - 06:15 PM

Everything I research brings me back to CD, I was looking at 7 ketocholestrol clearance and I found the following study. 

http://www-test.sens...l-and-foam-cell

#134 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2020 - 01:48 AM

I literally just pour the oatmeal in a cup and eat with a glass of water.... Quaker but I don't think brand matters. I've never been so regular in my life as I am on this protocol.

I started this diet many years ago in college when I was poor and food was a luxury. Oats are cheap and fulfilling and healthy. I used to eat canned beans and oats. It had some amazing effects... Really amazing.

I've not had free time to dwell here and read... So idk what CDP is.
I am fine with intramuscle injections but if this is into a vein then you could be asking for issues. Its one thing to get a minor infection that clears in a week and another thing to pump poison into your vascular system.
  • like x 1

#135 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 12:26 PM

On the podcast page, you can listen to my interview with Dr O'Connor of Underdog Pharma. They are developing modified CDs to remove 7-keto cholesterol. https://www.longecity.org/podcast/

Also, here is an older video explaining what Underdog is attempting: https://www.fightagi...ing-aging-2019/

• Informative x 1

#136 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:38 PM

Can you post the trehalose Longecity thread link? Is there a protocol yet?

I am open to both treatments.

a,a-D-Trehalose dihydrate for the treatment of ATHEROSCLEROSIS

What I like about trehalose is that it's off the shelf. You need endotoxin free material for IV infusion. But, it can be had without getting a sketchy Chinese company to do a custom synthesis for you.

Also, if you get past the "ick" factor, you could administer it rectally with a suppository. I don't think you would necessarily need endotoxin free material for that (but do your own research). That route of administration should bypass the breakdown by trehalase you'd see in the upper GI tract if taken orally.

#137 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2020 - 02:27 AM

What I like about trehalose is that it's off the shelf. You need endotoxin free material for IV infusion. But, it can be had without getting a sketchy Chinese company to do a custom synthesis for you.

Also, if you get past the "ick" factor, you could administer it rectally with a suppository. I don't think you would necessarily need endotoxin free material for that (but do your own research). That route of administration should bypass the breakdown by trehalase you'd see in the upper GI tract if taken orally.

There is nothing wrong with safe medical injections but home IV with something someone made someplace is asking for an early lights out. You're talking about something with no quality control and if they knew what what they were making they would terminate the transaction immediately. People taking the "safe" approved covid injections are getting sick on the spot and others are developing bells palsy. Injections with homebrew medicine are not to be played with.

This site will get shut down real fast and people are risking prosecution with allowing and fostering talk of making medicine on their own for IV injections. They went after sites in the USA that allowed talk about steroids.

Sorry but someone needs to be a voice of sanity.
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#138 docmaas

• 129 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 04:31 AM

Progress on the cyclodextrin efforts.  https://cyclodextrin...es-ototoxicity/. Is this polymer already available or synthesizable by custom labs?  Ahh I see it is already covered.  Question remains though about availability.

#139 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2021 - 09:58 AM

Hi guys This is my first real post here but I have read the entire thread in the last few months.

I have been researching Cyclodextrin and other things like Serrapeptase in hopes of cleaning out my arteries.

Cyclodextrin looks to be promising but so far I haven't found any human testing ....

That was until last week...

I found a company in AU that is selling his so called custom brand of Cyclodextrin and is promoting IV and rectal use.

I never really trust anybody who is selling something but they do have test results on 1 person who has taken 34 IVs of Cyclodextrin.

I would like to follow these guys to try to find out if its really working and is safe.

I cant post links yet being a noob and I'm not recommending anybody buy this stuff he wants like 4K for his treatment but it is the first time I have seen any information  that looks to prove that cyclodextrin works and is safe,

The patient passed a hearing test after his IV treatment.

Anyhow he renamed his brand of Cyclodextrin Cavadex

I really don't think they made a custom version of Cyclodextrin

I read everything from both websites and they kept using the term 2 Hydroxypropyl Beta Cyclodextrin The same stuff I have on my Coffey table.

They do have a video that's worth looking at its on you tube and there website...

Hope this stuff really works I might give it a shot in about a year or so if we can prove that's its safe and works. But I'm not paying 4 grand for there stuff.

• Informative x 1

#140 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2021 - 04:38 PM

Hi guys This is my first real post here but I have read the entire thread in the last few months.

I have been researching Cyclodextrin and other things like Serrapeptase in hopes of cleaning out my arteries.

Cyclodextrin looks to be promising but so far I haven't found any human testing ....

I found a company in AU that is selling his so called custom brand of Cyclodextrin and is promoting IV and rectal use.

I never really trust anybody who is selling something but they do have test results on 1 person who has taken 34 IVs of Cyclodextrin.

I would like to follow these guys to try to find out if its really working and is safe.

I cant post links yet being a noob and I'm not recommending anybody buy this stuff he wants like 4K for his treatment but it is the first time I have seen any information  that looks to prove that cyclodextrin works and is safe,

I read everything from both websites and they kept using the term 2 Hydroxypropyl Beta Cyclodextrin The same stuff I have on my Coffey table.

They do have a video that's worth looking at its on you tube and there website...

Hope this stuff really works I might give it a shot in about a year or so if we can prove that's its safe and works. But I'm not paying 4 grand for there stuff.

Great find. One issue was getting a safe version for IV so it looks like they achieved that. It also seems that it will not make you deaf.

Oral Cyclodextrin does not agree with me but I m wondering if bypassing the stomach altogether will be different. Oral cyclo supposedly does not make it past the gut.

I will probably try the rectal form to start. My wife likes touching my bum..

#141 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 06:13 PM

Interesting news.

However, the issue with cyclodextrin isn't so much isn't obtaining the material (as you point out) or getting it in you, the issue is can you get enough in you to reverse atherosclerotic plaques without causing severe hearing loss.

Would a chronic low dose (over a year or years say) improve atherosclerosis but spare hearing? Unfortunately nobody that I'm aware of has done that study and we'd just be speculating unfortunately.

Somewhere in this thread or another one we came up with a daily oral quantity that the US FDA used when they put it on their "Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)" list so presumably you can ingest that quantity without worrying about going deaf (at least in theory).

IM me the link and I'll look at it and potentially post it. I'm curious about his test giving a guy 34 cyclodextrin IVs. What quantity, how often, etc.

#142 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:15 AM

Found this link over in the....

Reversing arterial plaque page

Page 19 kinda at the bottom

A new Cyclodextrin variant seems to work without the ottotoxicity.

https://www.longecit...-plaque/page-19

Its a twitter link that I can't post

I wonder if this is what these guys are using?

I think I am going to go the K2 route and other things for now until we know more about Cyclodextrin

so I be hanging out there. I read all threads from 2013 till now.

Take care

#143 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 12:32 PM

Cyclodextrins have been in the food supply for decades, so I doubt oral ingestion poses any threat to hearing.

The cyclodextrins being produced by Underdog Pharma are specifically designed to preferentially target 7-keto cholesterol, so should  - in theory - not have much for side effects.

• Needs references x 1

#144 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:43 AM

Cyclodextrins have been in the food supply for decades, so I doubt oral ingestion poses any threat to hearing.

The cyclodextrins being produced by Underdog Pharma are specifically designed to preferentially target 7-keto cholesterol, so should  - in theory - not have much for side effects.

Did some digging and they are starting some trials in 2023.... Hope it works

The title is

Cyclodextrins to remove artery plaques formed during heart disease

The last line says

Underdog completed a $10 million funding round and indicated that it plans to enter clinical trials in 2023.

Found at lifespan.io

Edited by DougClean, 26 October 2021 - 01:47 AM.

• Informative x 2

#145 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:55 AM

Her is the other website that these guys use with a different name.

There is a chart on the dosage they used.

Cholrem is the websiteAttached File  cyidex.jpg   65.73KB   0 downloads

#146 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:43 AM

We're u able to find out if endotoxins was an issue with the enema injection. I have some cyclodetrin and want try a low dose rectally but I don't want to poison myself..
  • Good Point x 1

#147 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

Are we overthinking possible sugar endotoxins rectally?

Im not judging but people enter all sorts of stuff rectally. Surely sugar has to be one of them?

I tried several google queries but there is nothing I found about rectal endotoxins toxicity. 

#148 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:41 AM

Hi guys this post is a little off topic but I wanted you guys to see this.

After spending hours thinking why did I get CAD and other are fine with the same food supply?

I was reading all the info at the guy (forgot his name) who sells the K-1-4-7 stuff and noticed he is taking senthroid?

That seemed odd

Than I was wondering are hormones involved with CAD?

Just spent all night and found the info I have been looking for.

People with high testosterone don"t get CAD most of the time.

This is just a pic but the Docs webpage has a ton of info on  testosterone and all kinds of other stuff.

Testosterone Therapy Coronary Plaque and Calcium Score

This was an 8 year study that shows lower BP after testosterone treatment.

There getting better with time and we (well me) am getting worse.

jeffreydachmd.com/2017/02/testosterone-therapy-coronary-plaque-calcium-score/

Attached File  lower-BP-Test.jpg   74.85KB   0 downloads

Edited by DougClean, 02 November 2021 - 09:47 AM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#149 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 12:52 AM

I've been using serrapeptase and nattokinase orally to reduce or at least stop the progression of atherosclerosis. I had a cat scan for an unrelated issue and they noticed it. I have no way of knowing if the peptides I'm taking are working or not since another scan a year from now will add no information. Possibly in 10 years or 20 it would show decrease or at least very little increase. Until then its all on faith

I read about trehalose being good but people are saying you have to iv it or rectally because its broken down in the upper gut. Why not use those enteric capsule that by pass the upper gut and don't release their load until the lower tract. I see empty caps for sale on ebay, surely that is safer than injecting into your veins. Its probably cheaper too since you are not as worried about purity and endotoxins. Even if some lab swears there are no toxins or other bad material, can you really rely on that? There could also be bacteria since its not supposed to be sterile. I would assume there could be fungal spores as well. Orally via enteric capsules is surely the safest way 

There may be a flaw with that plan, if so please point it out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 03:29 AM

Those enteric capsules only get the compounds past the upper GI tract, basically through the stomach. They must dissolve once they get into the intestines otherwise they will pass through without delivering their payload. Unfortunately, this is exactly where trehalase enzyme breaks down trehalose. So enteric capsules don't do anything for you, otherwise you would see this as a product on the market today.

Trehalase isn't present at the very end of the GI tract so you could make a suppository and that should work.  And of course IV bypasses digestion entirely. But, you have to have a sterile solution with no endotoxins and the ability to administer an IV to yourself since no doctor is going to do that for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lipoproteins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users