lipoproteins

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#151 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2021 - 06:45 AM

Found this on You tube

Still looking to see if anybody has used Cyclodextrin to clear there arteries.

I suffered a Stroke one year ago, Right Carotid 100% blockage Left side 75 %. I embarked on treating myself with (2- Hydroxypropyl)-beta- cyclodexrin, pharmaceutical grade from a very respectable US lab. I have been injecting on a average 5 grams weekly, intramuscular and sub q, for 4 months without any adverse effects. My primary care doctor became aware a few months ago, said she really didn't want to know the details, but at my regular check up and labs last week she listened to both Carotids and detected flow in both and no Bruits Only imaging will determine the results, but a Carotid that was fully occluded on an angiogram months ago appears to now have flow without Bruits. I am my own clinical trial

I started oral, dissolving in my cheek, but wanted bettor absorption, so I started injecting sub q and intramuscular. No side effects other than injection site reaction, I use pharmaceutical grade and bacteriistatic water, shoot for 5 grams at a time weekly, no protocols are are out there, truthfully it's probably safer than the blood thinner and statins

He said he would reply in a few months when he got his next exam

It's been 5 months and no update hope he is not Dead.

His last post

holding off for several months since the co pay on my insurance is so high, and I wanted to give it time to work, since the dosage is fairly conservative. If it works I will sing it to the world, imagine a world without Statins and Blood thinners or Bypass surgery

you tube dot com/watch?v=_NbtT8c9sv8

#152 FrankEd

• 148 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 01:09 PM

Thank you so much for you work. I have 95% of my heart arteries blocked, and my doc said I haven´t much time of life. Using strong anticoagulants and statins to survive. I think that cyclodextrin is my only hope, but the ototoxicity scares me a lot, as I´m 71 y.o.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2021 - 01:39 PM

Read doctor caldwell esselstyns book to start.
Whole Foods plant based no oil diet can reverse heart disease. I follow that and I'm personally adding cyclodextrin as they are working for others.

#154 adamh

• 1,035 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 12:49 AM

Those enteric capsules only get the compounds past the upper GI tract, basically through the stomach. They must dissolve once they get into the intestines otherwise they will pass through without delivering their payload. Unfortunately, this is exactly where trehalase enzyme breaks down trehalose. So enteric capsules don't do anything for you, otherwise you would see this as a product on the market today.

Trehalase isn't present at the very end of the GI tract so you could make a suppository and that should work.  And of course IV bypasses digestion entirely. But, you have to have a sterile solution with no endotoxins and the ability to administer an IV to yourself since no doctor is going to do that for you.

Ok but what about flooding the system with trehalose? There must be a limited amount of trehalase available. If one oz is not enough and gets broken down, maybe 4 oz or some quantity will make it to the end and some portion of it be absorbed?

#155 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 05:56 AM

Ok but what about flooding the system with trehalose? There must be a limited amount of trehalase available. If one oz is not enough and gets broken down, maybe 4 oz or some quantity will make it to the end and some portion of it be absorbed?

You might make that work, but I have no idea how much trehalose you'd need to overwhelm your threhalase production.

And keep in mind this is a sugar with real calories. It doesn't have as much of an impact on blood sugar levels as sucrose or glucose, but it doesn't have no impact either.

The other idea is to find a trehalase inhibitor that is safe in humans. You'd take the inhibitor, wait a bit for it to start working, then consume your trehalose.

Trehalase inhibitors are actually used as insecticides as trehalose is the main sugar used by most insect species, so if you shut down trehalase you shut down the cellular energy source, the end result being a dead bug.

But, since human don't normally use trehalose for anything you can shut down the enzyme for a period without causing harm. That was one route pharmaceutical companies were working on to make trehalose a viable treatment for CVD, Alzheimer's, Parkinson, etc. It would be a one two treatment (or maybe they could make it into some binary time release tablet/capsule).

I haven't kept up with that line of research in a couple of years, but I wouldn't be surprised if some progress has been made.

#156 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2021 - 09:19 AM

Hi Guys Found this link for

β-Cyclodextrin polymer

I think this is the cycledrextrin that does not cause hearing loss

But I'm not sure if its the right stuff?

Its $115 per gram it better be good.

sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/product/sigma/c2485

Re read the Cyclodextrin thread on Ototoxicity looks like its kinda hit or miss...

Some people are ok.

Some get temp hearing loss... Gets better in a few weeks.

Some loose lots of hearing after the first dose.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#157 Kevinsan

• 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 10:48 AM

Seems dangerous. I would try cysteamine first. Something about 50% plaque reduction in a recent publication. Think its two months, 500mg four times a day. Available at Indian pharmacies.

The science behind the cysteamine should be the same in humans. It dissolves the fat in foam cell lysosomes. Once the fat is gone, the cells start clearing cholesterol deposits again.

• Needs references x 1

#158 adamh

• 1,035 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 04:20 PM

You might make that work, but I have no idea how much trehalose you'd need to overwhelm your threhalase production.

And keep in mind this is a sugar with real calories. It doesn't have as much of an impact on blood sugar levels as sucrose or glucose, but it doesn't have no impact either.

The other idea is to find a trehalase inhibitor that is safe in humans. You'd take the inhibitor, wait a bit for it to start working, then consume your trehalose.

Trehalase inhibitors are actually used as insecticides as trehalose is the main sugar used by most insect species, so if you shut down trehalase you shut down the cellular energy source, the end result being a dead bug.

But, since human don't normally use trehalose for anything you can shut down the enzyme for a period without causing harm. That was one route pharmaceutical companies were working on to make trehalose a viable treatment for CVD, Alzheimer's, Parkinson, etc. It would be a one two treatment (or maybe they could make it into some binary time release tablet/capsule).

I haven't kept up with that line of research in a couple of years, but I wouldn't be surprised if some progress has been made.

I suspect big pharma decided that it would be impossible to patent therefore no windfall profits and they shelved it. Neither trehalose nor the insecticide would be patentable since they have been around for so long

Since we do not normally consume trehalose (T), there would be no need for much trehalase. 4 oz of T would be a lot of calories, about 440 but not impossible to fit into ones diet. Possibly 1 oz would make it into the lower gut and be absorbed? Thats only about 110 calories. However, after more reading on the subject, it seems some people would have indigestion from it and they say it feeds a bad variety of bacteria. But if an oz works then it would be easy to take

If there was an herbal form of trehalase inhibitor, then we might have a winner. Small amounts of T could be taken. IV is simply not practical, does anyone want to shoot themselves up every day? Each injection is a risk of infection and there is still doubt about how pure the product is. This risk is also found with the other substances mentioned in this thread if they must be injected

• Good Point x 1

#159 Kevinsan

• 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 03:41 AM

From today's Fighting Aging newsletter...

And that's why delivering things like the known cyclodextrins that bind to cholesterol is not quite simple either, because the first thing that will happen if you dump a bunch of cyclodextrins into somebody is that their blood turns to mush, because it will consume all your blood cells by hooking all the cholesterol out of cell walls.

https://www.fightagi...feated-monster/

• Good Point x 1

#160 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 12:21 PM

Has anybody tried this product? It contains a combination of, cyclodextrin and R-lipoic acid.

https://nootropicsde...zgaArA0EALw_wcB

Edited by TheFountain, 08 November 2021 - 12:21 PM.

• Agree x 1

#161 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:22 AM

Has anybody tried this product? It contains a combination of, cyclodextrin and R-lipoic acid.

https://nootropicsde...zgaArA0EALw_wcB

I did a search on that stuff and not much out there

Zero reviews on Amazon. I read one paper and it looks like it's Y-cyclodextrin and I did find it cheaper on a different website $38.00 for 60 grams.

• Needs references x 1

#162 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 05:48 AM

I did a search on that stuff and not much out there

Zero reviews on Amazon. I read one paper and it looks like it's Y-cyclodextrin and I did find it cheaper on a different website $38.00 for 60 grams.

If it says Cyclodextrin proprietary blend with R-lipoic acid, I wonder what the chances are of it being near to the therapeutic dosage? 

#163 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:26 AM

Found this at google scholar

Looks like Cyclodextrin Might also effect Calcium.

This would explain why it might remove plaque so well.

Cyclodextrin Inhibits Calcium Carbonate Crystallization and Scaling

pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ie300245q

Edited by DougClean, 15 November 2021 - 06:27 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#164 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 09:32 PM

Found this at google scholar

Looks like Cyclodextrin Might also effect Calcium.

This would explain why it might remove plaque so well.

Cyclodextrin Inhibits Calcium Carbonate Crystallization and Scaling

pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ie300245q

Very nice

Now if we want to dose this, what is the most current reputable source and dosage recommendations?

#165 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:54 AM

Very nice

Now if we want to dose this, what is the most current reputable source and dosage recommendations?

I not sure yet I'm just in the research phase right now.

There is a name further back on this thread that you can buy from Australia.

It was my first post. but we really don't know the dose or if its safe yet.

Someone here has bought some but so far no post on if they have taken it.......or if it works.

I found some different stuff today but cant find much proof that it works...

The proof dates back to 2013

You would think that if this stuff works so good lots of people would be using it?

Phosphatidylcholine or PC for short or the name brand is Lipostabil

Here is the test when used on birds

Attached File  lipostable-birds.jpg   52.76KB   0 downloads

Of coarse there selling something so you might want to take what they say with a grain of salt......

heartfixer.com/CHC - Treatments - PC.htm#Lipostabil Regresses Arterial Plaque in Humans

Also good old DR Jeffrey has some info on it also and is selling stuff also.......

jeffreydachmd.com/2013/05/heartdetoxmax-and-lipophos-edta/

And you cant forget the book by Dr. James Roberts

Edited by DougClean, 18 November 2021 - 09:00 AM.

#166 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2021 - 01:38 PM

I took the lipophos edta for several months, I saw no improvement whatsoever.
YMMV.

#167 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 06:03 PM

I took the lipophos edta for several months, I saw no improvement whatsoever.
YMMV.

Isn't that an Allergy supplement?

#168 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2021 - 10:20 AM

Was researching Cyclodextrins dossing and found this last night.

Was wondering what they mixed it with to get it to go through skin?

I think there saying they got a 53% transfer rate through the skin.

I think they said 23% for Rectal products

Quote.....permeate the skin by 12%, 43%, and  53% for β-CD, RM-β-CD, and HP-β-CD

Any how here is the link its at 3.3

www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/report/cyclodextrins-used-excipients-report-published-support-questions-answers-cyclodextrins-used_en.pdf

Edited by DougClean, 19 November 2021 - 10:21 AM.

#169 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:35 PM

Was researching Cyclodextrins dossing and found this last night.

Was wondering what they mixed it with to get it to go through skin?

I think there saying they got a 53% transfer rate through the skin.

I think they said 23% for Rectal products

Quote.....permeate the skin by 12%, 43%, and  53% for β-CD, RM-β-CD, and HP-β-CD

Any how here is the link its at 3.3

www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/report/cyclodextrins-used-excipients-report-published-support-questions-answers-cyclodextrins-used_en.pdf

Here is the excerpt: What happens if u go over 0.1% concentration?? 

3.4. Dermal products Cyclodextrins alone are poorly absorbed transdermally, but in combination with absorption-promoting agents, they are able to permeate the skin by 12%, 43%, and 53% for β-CD, RM-β-CD, and HP-β-CD, respectively. Concentrations up to 0.1% of α-, β-, and γ-cyclodextrins are considered safe. Questions and answers on cyclodextrins used as excipients in medicinal products for human use EMA/CHMP/495747/2013 Page 5/9 Studies on antigenicity, mutagenicity, and topical irritation have proven that HP-β-CD is as safe as materials currently being used in perfumes and cosmetics [15].

#170 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 05:16 AM

Here's a paper on Icariin that looks promising...

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5644024/

• Informative x 1

#171 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2021 - 11:50 AM

Here's a paper on Icariin that looks promising...

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5644024/

Thank you for posting this, so it's just horny goat weed right?

Edited by Wookie, 01 December 2021 - 11:50 AM.

#172 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 06:59 PM

Thank you for posting this, so it's just horny goat weed right?

Yup, concentrated.

#173 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2022 - 08:11 PM

Ok, ive taken 45 doses of Inter rectal HP-β-CD. 1.8 grams per dose.

Absolutely ZERO hearing loss or problems what so ever. I believe there is no reason safety wise to not try it. 

The guy in Australia sells his enema tubes at %1,000 markup and his customer service is atrocious so I would make it my self if you can.

I havent had enough doses yet to reverse plaque buildup but anecdotally I can say that I seem to have more energy and stamina. 

Next I am going to try IV use.

Does anyone know of a source to obtain injection grade 10 nm polymer cyclodextrin?

Thanks!

#174 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2022 - 03:03 AM

Glad your feeling better Wookie

Could not find 10Nm CD and when I look for pharma grade CD I keep finding stuff at $79.00 per gram.

#175 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2022 - 02:48 AM

Hi Guys Found the Cyclodextrin that at least 1 of the trials were using to treat Niemenns Pick.

Its called

Randomly Methylated Beta CD - Pharmaceutical Grade.

Not sure if its the same stuff that the AU guys are using but it is Pharma grade.

Here is the 6 year study on NP

https://ojrd.biomedc...019-1207-1#Fig1

Kinda a long read but they did say Trappsol  CD  helped lung disease and NP

One of the CD is called Trappsol

Here is a link to buy if you want to blow $10.00 a gram or more.

https://www.cyclodex.com/home/

PS: Bought the AU stuff last week for $200.00 it should be here in a few weeks.

Edited by DougClean, 28 January 2022 - 02:53 AM.

• Cheerful x 1

#176 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:02 AM

Hi Guys Found the Cyclodextrin that at least 1 of the trials were using to treat Niemenns Pick.

Its called

Randomly Methylated Beta CD - Pharmaceutical Grade.

Not sure if its the same stuff that the AU guys are using but it is Pharma grade.

Here is the 6 year study on NP

https://ojrd.biomedc...019-1207-1#Fig1

Kinda a long read but they did say Trappsol  CD  helped lung disease and NP

One of the CD is called Trappsol

Here is a link to buy if you want to blow $10.00 a gram or more.

https://www.cyclodex.com/home/

PS: Bought the AU stuff last week for $200.00 it should be here in a few weeks.

Just an update, 

I think the stuff from AU is probably the way to go. It works for sure. I have spent $500 with them and

I feel really good. I sprint upstairs now, I eat more liberally every day. My body feels SO MUCH BETTER.

I have spent tens of $1,000's on every supplement and doctors and nothing has come anywhere close to the benefit I got from Cavadex.

Also I forgot to mention, my hands are consistently warm for the first time in a decade. I feel alive again.

• Informative x 1

#177 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 08:09 PM

Just an update, 

I think the stuff from AU is probably the way to go. It works for sure. I have spent $500 with them and

I feel really good. I sprint upstairs now, I eat more liberally every day. My body feels SO MUCH BETTER.

I have spent tens of $1,000's on every supplement and doctors and nothing has come anywhere close to the benefit I got from Cavadex.

Also I forgot to mention, my hands are consistently warm for the first time in a decade. I feel alive again.

What aspect of your body improved? Circulation? Nervous system?

Did you take any before and after measurements of any biological functions? Blood pressure? DNA methylation? Standard blood panel?

• Good Point x 1

#178 Wookie

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2022 - 11:30 PM

My LP(a) cholesterol dropped by 67 points.
That is the only thing that changed.
147 to 84.

All my other labs are excellent liver/kidney etc.

I feel much better. There is no mistakeing the difference but I can't prove it.

#179 Kevinsan

• 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 01:17 PM

Just an update, 

Cavadex enema? How many did you take?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 02:11 PM

My LP(a) cholesterol dropped by 67 points.
That is the only thing that changed.
147 to 84.

All my other labs are excellent liver/kidney etc.

I feel much better. There is no mistakeing the difference but I can't prove it.

Is that Lp(a) measured in mg/dl or NMOL/l? 

Also can you share the rest of your lipid profile break down?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lipoproteins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)