Photo
- - - - -

I need a supp or noot that can kill my libido

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 guyledouche

• 130 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:25 PM

I know that most of you will think this is crazy or that Im kidding but Im not. I wanna quit masturbating because its against my beliefs but I find it really hard to quit. Are there any herbs, supps, noots, or tips that you know of that can kill my sex drive? I dont want it to kill my sex drive forever, just until I get married.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

You definitely don't want to mess around with anything hormonally to kill your sex drive, even though that would be very effective.

How about an SSRI? That should do the trick for lowering libido while making you artificially content with your new non-sexual lifestyle. It might make you a little apathetic and emotionally "blah" but you can't have everything. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:34 PM

High dose sesamin, 6-OXO, ATD, low cal/carb dieting, posters of babies....

This is more of an individual thing, may work for you, may not.

None of these are intended for long term. I don't know if there is any truly healthy way to do it.

#4 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:38 PM

I would strongly advise against taking a long-term hormonal modulating approach to this. That would not be in the best interest of your health. The other reason to consider an SSRI would be to address the obsessive tendency you seem to have toward masturbation. It would kill a few birds with one stone without jeopardizing your health too much. This is a ridiculous problem to have but I'm assuming you are serious and want serious advice, so there you go.

#5 guyledouche

• Topic Starter
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:41 PM

You definitely don't want to mess around with anything hormonally to kill your sex drive, even though that would be very effective.

How about an SSRI?  That should do the trick for lowering libido while making you artificially content with your new non-sexual lifestyle.  It might make you a little apathetic and emotionally "blah" but you can't have everything.  :)

I used to take Paxil and it totally killed my libido. Though, as you stated it also made me emotionally devoid, and I hate that feeling.

#6 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

None of these are intended for long term. I don't know if there is any truly healthy way to do it.

LOL posters of babies...it beats my suggestion of eating saltpeter [wis]

SSRIs might be a good avenue to try, I echo. I have to bring up meditation again...

#7 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

Definitely. They may actually increase your libido.

#8 tham

• 1,406 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:27 AM

You could try cyproterone acetate (Androcur), a very old
antiandrogen drug, in low doses.

Cyproterone typically comes in 50 mg tabs. Try cutting into
a quarter to get 12.5 mg, and take every two days for a few
weeks and see how it goes. Occasionally I take half a tab
(25 mg) every two days for a couple of weeks to reduce oiliness
(seborrhea) on my face. Libido is definitely suppressed at this
dosage.

At higher dosages, cyproterone is used, typically in combination
with an SSRI like fluvoxamine, to treat sexual deviations like
exhibitionism, etc.

It has also been used at very high dosages to treat prostate
cancer, though it has largely been superseded by newer
drugs such as flutamide and bicalutamide.

The DHT blocker finasteride (Propecia) is also known to
suppress libido.

Beta blockers are well-known to cause impotency side effects,
so if you can't really get an erection, this may well help your
problem indirectly. Possibly try a very low dose of the newer
beta-1 selective blocker bisoprolol, such as 1.25 mg (quarter of
a 5 mg tab) every two days.

#9 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

posters of babies [thumb] [thumb]

#10 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

horrible idea to supress testosterone. horrible horrible horrible idea.

WILLPOWER does not come in a pill.

#11 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:47 AM

You know that asking for killing your libido may also kill your zest for life? I consider it essential for life but it's an individual decision, of course.
It's not healthy though, walking around like a monk. And most of the suggestions outlined come with unpleasant side-effects, I would not recommend it, - instead focus in cultivating yourself (masturbating only once or twice a week or so) with the help from food and supplements.
GENERAL NOTE: It's very hard to break an addiction when it's becoming a habit one uses to deal with life in general so supplements *are* a great help in addition to whatever mind-programming one works with; - if you do have a severe neurochemical or hormonal deficiency it's very hard (if not impossible) to meet ones goals when facing the wall all the time.

Take a serotonin precursor like 5-HTP from (50-100mg) with a vitamin B complex in the evening, 1 hour before bed.
Also consider a magnesium and a calcium supplement along with a potent multi-vitamin/mineral. Take fish oil (2-4G daily) and borage oil (1-2G) with your meals.

You should *really* exercise your body, - this is IMO really underrated in treating any imbalances, - especially in this context, - you should after a while experience the "natural high" depending on your serotonin -> endorphins production in relation to your cardio exercise. You will need to calm down your adrenals.
  • dislike x 1

#12 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:50 AM

NOTE: Although I think 5-HTP (from the Griffonia Simplicifolia seed) is a safe supplement there are rumours on the web claiming it may cause heart valve damages, you should take this into consideration and do your own research (and it's not very easy, being most of the available information (coming from distributors of the compund) could be biased). There are alternatives like the amino acid L-Tryptophan, - just let me point out that 5-HTP has been used in clinical studies for decades with *no such problems* and it is clinically far superior to L-Tryptophan in elevating your serotonin levels.

#13 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

....posters of babies....

Definitely. They may actually increase your libido.

Next misrepresentation scandal: syr_ is Michael Jackson [lol] [tung]

#14 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:17 AM

But seriously, if changing religion is not an option, I would opt for SSRIs over 5-htp for any purpose (whether it be killing sex drive or controlling urges) because of safety issues. See here (remember to follow the links on the quotes too):

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

Edited by opales, 17 March 2006 - 02:04 PM.

#15 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:08 PM

I would not valide the choice of an SSRI based on a risk that has never been proven, - the SSRIs have numerous side-effects and they are very real.
But it is a personal choice.
Also, consider *HOW* an SSRI acts on your system to shut down your sexual desire. OMG not pretty.

EDIT: Opt for another serotonin precursor to adress the problem properly if not satisfied with the safety vs risk of 5-HTP.

#16 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

I would not valide the choice of an SSRI based on a risk that has never been proven, - the SSRIs have numerous side-effects and they are very real.
But it is a personal choice.
Also, consider *HOW* an SSRI acts on your system to shut down your sexual desire. OMG not pretty.

EDIT: Opt for another serotonin precursor to adress the problem properly if not satisfied with the safety vs risk of 5-HTP.

The main difference between SSRIs (especially the ones that are most selective for serotonin) and 5-HTP is that SSRIs jack up serotonin only in the brain, whereas 5-HTP jacks it up everywhere. SSRIs have more documented side-effects, caused (among many things) by much more numerous and extensive trials, much more widespread use, functioning reporting system for side-effects, and prescription status. Not being able to see the problem really does not make it go away.

Also, as the mechanism in the brain is similar, they should and do for that part have similar side-effects, including sexual dysfunction. 5-HTP IMO just carries additional risks due to the systemic increase in serotonin, some of which could be deadly.

#17 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:44 PM

ROTFL, wonderdul example of misquoting, opales :)

Of course I negate to be MJ or any other person besides myself :)
And I'm not affiliated to any supplement company.

Its funny how the body reacts to hormonal changes (an aromatase inhibitor DOES cause hormonal changes in your body). I have used both ATD, 6OXO, and other stuff too... the eventuale effects on libido are dependant on your pre-existant hormonal profile, the statistics says like 80% decrease and 20% increase for ATD, but take it with a grain of salt.

#18 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

As SSRIs are not natural to our body they will mess up our body *as well* as our brains.

Googling "SSRI" and "side-effects" show more than I would like to know. Please stay away from them. :)

#19 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

Guggulsterones lower test levels. High-dose guggul decreases my libido.

Why would you want to avoid ejaculation? You're gonna up your risk of prostate cancer.
  • dislike x 1

#20 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

Why would you want to avoid ejaculation? You're gonna up your risk of prostate cancer.

You are right:
http://menshealth.ab...ulate_ptate.htm

#21 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:42 AM

I know that most of you will think this is crazy or that Im kidding but Im not.  I wanna quit masturbating because its against my beliefs but I find it really hard to quit.  Are there any herbs, supps, noots, or tips that you know of that can kill my sex drive?  I dont want it to kill my sex drive forever, just until I get married.

I've heard that regular old-fashioned black licorice has some of this effect. Although this didn't come from a scientific source it certainly seems like one of the easiest ones to test out. You may have to hunt around to find "real" licorice however.

#22 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

I've heard that regular old-fashioned black licorice has some of this effect. Although this didn't come from a scientific source it certainly seems like one of the easiest ones to test out. You may have to hunt around to find "real" licorice however.

That's an excellent point, and I wished I had remembered it. True licorice, Glycyrrhiza glabra root should be available in any herbal store in any major city centre. unless I'm just spoiled, and can be ground into a tea, or you could try capping some supplements. I would say get a tea ball (if you don't have one already) and enjoy it. Some commercially available teas are available.

edit: This is the commercial tea I've tried - http://www.yogitea.c...asp?Tea_ID=ET03

Edited by mitkat, 20 March 2006 - 07:39 PM.

#23 variance

• 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

i've found StimX/AMP (pre-workout stims)

kill my libido to a medium level...
ie.. dancing/bumping and grindin with girls at the club won't get you there all the way
but you can still have it available for afterparty fun.

#24 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:53 AM

Tons of good advice here. No need to fear SSRI's. They may have side effects in some or all people but none of these are even possibly remotely deadly. I'm not sure that 5-HTP would actually be of any help here -- plus, I avoid it for its potential heart valve damage.

Try to put yourself into positions where it would be difficult to indulge the urge. Maybe install a family cam that anyone with the right user/pass can access via the web, then they might wonder what you're doing when it's not working. :)

#25 guyledouche

• Topic Starter
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

i've found StimX/AMP (pre-workout stims)

I'd prefer not to mess with that stuff just to decrease libido. I would probably get irritable as hell if I took that stuff everyday.

I'm not sure that 5-HTP would actually be of any help here -- plus, I avoid it for its potential heart valve damage.

Try to put yourself into positions where it would be difficult to indulge the urge. Maybe install a family cam that anyone with the right user/pass can access via the web, then they might wonder what you're doing when it's not working. 

[g:)] Thats hilarious...........a family cam. I cant take 5-htp cause it makes me like dr. jeckyl and mr. hyde. I get crazy mood swings from it.

#26 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

What about just carrying some pictures of Hillery Clinton around in your pocket. Whenever you the urge just take one out and look at it. :)

#27 guyledouche

• Topic Starter
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:56 AM

What about just carrying some pictures of Hillery Clinton around in your pocket. Whenever you the urge just take one out and look at it.  :)

.........as funny as that sounds, it actually sounds like it has some potential. :)

#28 stuartes

• 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:55 AM

In reading this thread I began to wonder what nootropics or other supplements may mimic the anti-libido effects of SSRI's. Any thoughts out there?

#29 guyledouche

• Topic Starter
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:52 AM

Yep, I just recently noticed that the Rhodiola that Im taking is a bit similar to an SSRI. Ive been on the Rhodiola for the fast couple of weeks or more and I just recently noticed in the past few days that it has diminished my sex drive. Not as good at killing the libido as the Paxil CR was that I briefly took for social anxiety, but pretty close. I can control the urge much easier now. The only problem is that it makes me slightly insane in the same way that the Paxil CR did. Im guessing that my mind doesnt like serotonin increases. I literally feel insane and have really weird thoughts when my serotonin levels are increased. 5-htp makes me nuts also. However I like the dopamine increase that I have gotten from Rhodiola. I can go on little sleep when I need to and feel slightly wired. The funny thing is that the thing I dislike most about this stuff is that it must be blocking the living hell out of my cortisol supplies cause I did a 4 hour sleep deprivation a couple days ago and I woke up feeling completely normal. Normally when I wake up on 4 hours of sleep I feel super-relaxed and doped up on cortisol. I was pissed. I guess its a small price to pay though. Sleep dep. is one of my favorite tricks for my anxiety. Im gonna keep taking the Rhodiola and weigh the pros and cons. I might end up getting off of it. Although Im border-line insane on this stuff it has lowered my stress levels pretty good.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 natureday

• 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:01 AM

Yes, have a few babies, tht will kill your sleep, and your erection.
You should realize that we and our bodies are natural and what we do with them is perfect:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users