• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for vyvanse/elvanse replacement

vyvanse elvanse selegiline deprenyl bromantane phenylpiracetam amineptine modafinil armodafinil dopamine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CognitiveEnhancement

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

I'm currently on vyvanse(called Elvanse here in Germany) at 60mg a day(I'm taking two of the 30mg capsules). I've been on it for at least half a year, before that I was on 54mg of Concerta. Some level of tolerance has already set in, but I still greatly benefit from the effects it gives me on energy, focus, motivation, confidence and sociability. However, its side effects are not worth it to me anymore, so I'm looking for a replacement with similar benefits. Also, the replacement should either have no effect or a positive effect on libido, since I don't want to take a drug that suppresses my libido, it's already low enough. I'm absolutely certain that I will need something that acts on dopamine at least to some degree since

1) Vyvanse gave me EXACTLY the benefits I was looking for, and its main action is increasing dopamine release 2) Even if dopamine was not my main problem, I would need something dopaminergic by now, since my body became used to Vyvanse so when switching to something non-dopaminergic I would definitely have a lack in dopamine

Ideas on what to try:

1) Selegiline - This one sounds very promising, since many users report exactly the same benefits that I got out of Vyvanse: Enhanced energy, focus, motivation, confidence and sociability. Additionally, this one seems to boost libido in many, which would be a welcome benefit for me. The MAO-B inhibition also boosts dopamine, but I would guess the dopamine boost can't compare to Vyvanse, so I would need quite a high dose, maybe like 40mg. Such high daily doses have been studied as antidepressants, so I'm comfortable it will be safe, as long as sticking to a strict MAOI diet, since at such high doses selegiline has some action on MAO-A, too. Only thing I would be somewhat worried about is that selegiline seems to be metabolized into l-methamphetamine and l-amphetamine to some degree, which would be undesirable when trying to get off vyvanse. However, from all I found the metabolization into amphetamines seems to be quite minor, though I wasn't able to find any exact numbers. Maybe someone would be able to chime in here. I'm definitely going to try selegiline at this point, but any info about the metabolization into amphetamines and other things I should be careful about is welcome.

2) Bromantane - Same as with selegiline, users report benefits on energy, focus, motivation, confidence and sociability. Bromantane is also thought to be dopaminergic in its action, though the exact mechanism of action seems to be unknown at this point. Quite unsure about what dosage would be required to replace elvanse.

3) Phenylpiracetam - Seems to show similar benefits to the above two. Unsure about dosage.

4) Amineptine - Seems to act as both a DRI and DRA. Couldn't find much anecdotal experience of this one.

5) Modafinil/Armodafinil - There's not the same reports of effects as with the other three, but they also seem to have some dopaminergic action. From what I found armodafinil would be the better option here, as it has a stronger affinity for DAT and also seems to be a partial agonist at D2 receptors, though I'm unsure if the D2 partial agonism would be good or bad in my case.

Which of the options would you recommend to try in my case, keeping in mind that I have a high tolerance for dopaminergics so I probably need something strong. Also, feel free to suggest any other options.

#2 Balkan60

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

I will try to answer as best as I can, being an ADD-I and extreme NON responder to most stimulants.

1. Selegiline is a potent drug and should be used very cautiously. I have tried it at 5mg/day I think no response but didn't dare up the dose.

You could try it with a MAO-A inhibitor Moclobemide for a more complete action.

2.Amineptine I think is not in circulation.

3.Bromantane I havent tried it. 

4.Phenylpiracetam  tried it no response.

5.Modafinil  I take it regularly prescribed by my doctor. Little response only banishes sleepiness. Armodafinil not tried it.

6.Adderall. Is it available in your country? But I assume it would have similar negative actions as Vyvanse.

In fact Vyv/se is my last chance but is not yet available in my country.

Since your problem is not primarily Dopaminergic I would suggest either

1. Bupropion  mainly Norepinephrine Inhibition (Also reboxetine)

2. Tranylcypromine (Parnate) Old drastic tricyclic. Triple inhibitor dietary restrictions.

I am unlucky enough to have tried both with no results! I still have unused stock.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 gregb

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

Hi Recommend you try Modafinil, you can find more infomation about it at: http://healthcareboa...ret-to-success/

#4 James Green

• 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

What I tried for my ADD:

- methylphenidate (good one, but side effects)

- amphetamines (the same, side effects)

- modafinil (good for wakefulness, not for focus)

- nicotine (works for calm, not for focus or wakefulness)

- bupropion (works only for mood, not for focus or even motivation)

- caffeine (works for short time, good if you use it ad-hoc)

- Noopept + Alpha GPC (no response for me)

- CBD oil without THD (works for calm, not for focus)

- marijuana (works for calm only)

What else on my list for the future:

- GTS-21

- LSD micodosign
- L-theanine
- Armodafinil
- MTC oil
- ALD-52
- Bacopa Monnieri
- Pirecetam

Any ideas or experience?

Edited by James Green, 01 April 2018 - 07:27 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

Atomoxetine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vyvanse, elvanse, selegiline, deprenyl, bromantane, phenylpiracetam, amineptine, modafinil, armodafinil, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users