* * * * * 1 votes

Pycnogenol and other 'all natural' cognitive enhancers

pycnogenol

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cylon

• 126 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

As I get older (male mid 50s) trying to keep to 'all-natural' supplements and herbs for general cognitive health and enhancement.

My favorite is Pycnogenol, 25mg (won't mention the brand as I guess this isn't the forum for that) and I supplement that with high quality fish or krill oil  and also lower dose Rhodiola (prefer 100 mg)

I addition I often use Lions Mane and occassionally Cordyceps, though the latter I use mostly for energy and stamina.

Anyone else a fan of Pycnogenol for mental clarity and focus?

What herbs do you supplement it with?

#2 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:13 AM

Pycnogenol is a trademarked brand name for a flavonoid extract from French maritime pine bark. My multi (Life Extension Mix) contains it. I haven’t specifically noticed enhaned mental clarity and focus, but I’ve been taking it for years for general health and longevity. I’m a male in his late fifties and so have many of the same objectives as you. I also take Life Extension Booster, an EPA/DHA supplement, hericium (Lion’s Mane), rhodiola, bacopa, ashwaganda, lipoic acid, and several other supplements, so this may also make it difficult to isolate the effects of any one of them. In combination though, I believe they have helped me immensely.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pycnogenol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users