Smart Drug Supplier List

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 09:35 AM

See newer posts.

Edited by LifeMirage, 25 February 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#2 AIGuy

• Guest, F@H
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 12:23 AM

I've just started taking a Nootopic blend in gel-cap form from the Life-Extension Foundation' buyers club.

It's call Cognitex.

The serving size is 6 capsules daily.

One serving contains:

Patothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 500mg
GPC (L-a-Glycerylphosphoylcholine hydrate) 600mg
Choline (ascholine dyhydrogen citrate 1500 mg)
(as cholinebitartate 1200 mg) 1094mg
Phosphatudylserine 100mg
Vinpocetine 15mg
RNA/DNA (Ribonucleic acid/Deoxyribonucleic acid) 425mg (from yeast)
Pregnenoline 50mg

email: info@lifeextension.com
website www.lef.org
Phone 1-800-544-4440

I have only been taking for 3 days.

Things I have noticed

Increased Dreaming activity.
Able to remember dreams better after waking.
Slight headache for part of first and second day. Not severe.
Slight speedy feeling at times.

I generally drink a lot of coffee but this seems slightly more intense.

Has anyone else been taking this?

I did an online IQ test a few weeks ago.

I plan to take another from somewhere in a month or so to see if there was a significant difference.

Does anyone else have any experience they can share or more detail on what they're taking?

I guess I should include I take a multivitamin that copies the Centrum formula.

A CoEnzyme Q10, an enteric aspirin, and a Homocysteine modulator for heart.

I also take 3 5-HTP and 2 SamE a day for mood elevation. (Strongly Recommend as an alternative to Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors)

Life Extension also sells most Nootropics mentioned on this this thread here as single formulas. I haven't compared prices though. I got my order in about 3 days.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 06:29 PM

Hi AI Guy,

I have purchased the Cognitex formula from LEF...

I only take it sporadically (1 per day on occasion)... as i take other nootropics in combination. So, I'm not exactly sure as to the specific effectiveness of this product. However, concerning nootropics in general, I have experienced much of the same results that you allude to in your post.

Keep us posted. Thanks,
BJK

#4 Guest_walpurg@myrealbox.com_*

• Lurker

Posted 30 September 2002 - 01:13 AM

Hello.

Could anyone advise me on which nootropics might be useful for sexual purposes? This is regarding impotency, aphrodesia, ejectulation, sensation heightening, inhibition lowering, orgasm, priapism, sphincter relaxation, vaginal lubrication - well, everything basically.

Also, any advice for someone new to nootropics? Is there any basic stuff I should try first? I'm mainly interested in memory enhancement and to a lesser degree, perception and attention-span.

#5 Chip

• 387 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 11:27 PM

The mastersmarketing link is not working and the rejuvenationfoundation is no longer selling.

Have decided not to wait for the US source of Piracetam. Will be ordering from one of the other sources within the next day or so.

Regards, Chip

#6 Lazarus

• 59 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:29 PM

tell about how how much do these nootropic cost, also which ones would you suggest for periodical but drastic increasce in overall sensory perception and drastic increace in comprhention speed. not somehting you would take every day, but on certain occasions. also have there been any experiments on drugs that will increase telepathic, telekinetic abailites, are these drugs legally available, I ask all of this because I have an experiment to run and it it would require all these things nearly silmotainiuosly, possible?

Edited by Lazarus, 03 March 2003 - 02:31 PM.

#7 ibond1

• 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:19 AM

Hi !

I am 41 years of age and have a high blood pressure and hypercholesterolemia. Currently I am using Cozaar for my blood pressure and policosanol for high cholesterol and a supplement regiment including general antioxidants and vitamins. I have been planning to include a nootropic in to my supplement regiment. My choice was Pricetam because it has also positive effect on blood pressure. In this forum, I found out that Sherwyn’s is the main source for the people living in the US. And I was planning to buy Sherwyn’s pricetam. However, when I looked closely at its ingredients in their web page, I found out the chemical structure is Pyrrolidine Acetamide not 2-oxo-Pyrrolidine Acetamide which is the real chemical ingredient of pharmaceutical Pricetam. What do you guys think, is this product one of those bogus ones?

#8 ibond1

• 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 07:27 PM

Hi Life Mirage

I have already communicated with them regarding the various chemical names of the Piracetam’s chemical structure. Thanks for your input. I have already ordered 5 bottles of it. Do you have any recommendation how to start using- with or without food –timing of the dosage, etc?

I am also planning to add deprenyl into my regiment. In one of the forums related to CR, you quote that Deprenyl is also proven to extend the lifespan of mammals, without starving yourself. However, I have searched PubMed, and not confidentially satisfied with the scientific background of the life extension effect of this drug in healthy human subjects. Controversially, a study published in 1998 indicates that either selegiline alone or combination with l-dopa increase the risk of death in studied PD patients. The combination of both drugs carried the higher risk for the mortality (Mortality in people taking selegiline: observational study. BMJ 1998; 317: 252-4; Investigation by Parkinson’s Disease Research Group of United Kingdom into excess mortality seen with combined levodopa and selegiline treatment in patients with early, mild Parkinson’s disease: further results of randomized trial and confidential inquiry. BMJ 1998; 316: 1191-6). Do you know any published study reporting the result of any clinical trial using healthy human subjects rather than the result of animal studies in preclinical settings?

Edited by ibond1, 29 March 2003 - 07:28 PM.

#9 raver

• 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:54 AM

For those who are into "brain building on a budget" (like me) could I suggest you check out the puritansale.com site for 10mg Vinpocetine caps. They are having a sale to include their new Vinpocetine product (90x10mg) or 90 pills for $5.40 US - NO PRESCRIPTION! That is just SIX cents per pill! Free delivery for orders over $40us, and cheap vitamins also (ie. - melatonin 480x 3mg for $7.30US, Dhea 200x 25mg for $7.65US, etc). They are a vitamin manufacturer in Denver with a good reputation for quality and integrety, and I have been pleased with both their service and products. They do not have many other Nootropics however (like Deprenyl) but they offer something called Neuro-PS or Phosphatidylserine (PS) 60 caps for $14.95US which I understand is a "very expensive" neurological prescription drug with a terrific human study record in Europe, but is not approved or sold in quanity in the US.

Their ad says PS plays a role in neurotransmissions and supports brain functions and "supports cognitive function". The ad also says PS is a natural substance found in brain cell membranes. I am unfamiliar with this product, and do not know if it qualifies as a true or semi- nootropic.

Curiously, these prices of six cents for vinpocetine and 25 cents for PS are LESS than HALF of the closest price to them that I see on the web. el Bargin! Does anyone know of a good deal on Cyprenil w/o a US prescription? TIA - $55 for 300mg/12ml is cheapest I see.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

raver

Edited by raver, 30 April 2003 - 08:48 PM.

#10 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 01:05 AM

Anybody ordered from this place?

http://mfalsetta.fit...s/products.html

Piracetam powder for $26/kg, supposedly.

#11 celindra

• 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:41 PM

I've ordered several times from BioGenesis and have never run into problems.

I usually take 2400 mg of Nootropil every day. It seems to help my memory and recall. Of course, that is a subjective experience and I urge people to experiment on their own.

#12 dirac

• 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 05:01 AM

Experience with Biogenesis , and vitabrain all positive , with vitabrain having notable shipping time.

#13 riverjohn

• 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 05:25 PM

What is the size of the Unique Nutrition piracetam capsules? Good price
if they are 800's. John

#14 riverjohn

• 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:51 PM

Unique Nutrition has emailed to say that the caps are 800mg.

#15 bodybybob

• 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:49 PM

i have been useing nubrain store ,for my nootropics they are U.S.A.based,fast service ,and one time they left an item out from my order ,i emailed them and they sent me the item withen a few days ,good comp.

#16 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:47 AM

http://www.life-extension-drugs.com/

Piracetam
Deprenyl
Rhodiola
Vinpocetine
Others

I know someone who reportedly ordered piracetam from them successfully.

#17 srmann

• 26 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 11:15 AM

Metabolic Products Deprenyl Liquid Cyprenil@57.00 shipped out of Ca, USA ( amygdalin.co.uk )

#18 srmann

• 26 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 05:24 PM

Received the Cyprenil today. 5-days shipping and a great price. See above post for name of company. srmann

#19 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 02:51 PM

Do you mean Selepryl?

#20 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2003 - 10:38 PM

Is Biogenesis the cheapest price on Aniracetam or does someone know of a cheaper price? Thanks.

#21 srmann

• 26 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:56 AM

Check the sources page and compare.

#22 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2003 - 10:59 PM

I already did that, I asked if anyone knew of a cheaper price than Biogenesis. Perhaps a source that's not listed?

#23 bodybybob

• 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:54 PM

i got from nubrain ALC,idebenone,picamilon,deprenil,hydergina,centrophenoxine,they also have most of the time piracetin (generic from china at a low price )

#24 srmann

• 26 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 10:31 AM

Vitabrain still has the best price on piracetam. Ships from Atlanta.

#25 bodybybob

• 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:51 AM

the piracetim that i got from nubrain a while back was from china and they were cheaper but it seems they are now carring generic piracetim from europe now

#26 Anne

• 182 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:37 PM

I have never tried piracetam, but I just ordered some (from uniquenutrition) and am eagerly waiting to sate my curiosity. I've been taking DMAE for several weeks and have been quite pleased with the results (I am noticeably more alert and I don't seem to get the afternoon "brain fog" I was accustomed to for years!). It seems that piracetam is rather difficult to find, at least in the US...I am wary of ordering from overseas.

Why aren't there more suppliers? I haven't read any studies that suggest piracetam is toxic or dangerous, so you'd think it would be fairly popular, especially if it provides the benefits I've read about. Maybe the U.S. is just behind the times...

I will definitely post my experiences with any nootropics here.

-azalyn

#27 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:37 PM

Hey, I just emailed Unique Nutrition a few days ago and he gave me a projected price of $60 for 40-750mg capsules of Aniracetam. That's not bad considering shipping's only an extra $5 being that they're in the US. I might give it a try whenever they get it in. That brings up a question from me though: I know/read that Piracetam is now available here legally in the US as a nutritional supplement. Well, is it also the same for all of it's analogues?(aniracetam, oxiracetam, pramiracetam)

#28 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 05:05 AM

A shame that beyond a century do not ship internationally. However, would there be any difference between the piracetam from UCB (nootropil) and piracetam from ALIUD PHARMA GmbH & Co. KG, Germany?

#29 WuShu

• 12 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 06:01 PM

A shame that beyond a century do not ship internationally. However, would there be any difference between the piracetam from UCB (nootropil) and piracetam from ALIUD PHARMA GmbH & Co. KG, Germany?

Unless you've had experience with both there's no way of telling, and the shame of it is you won't know. My guess is one's as good as the other, so don't worry about it-just get it while you still can.

Wu

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:51 AM

still? do you suspect it will soon not be obtainable anymore? :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users