• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How Long does it take for your amygdala to get rid of anxiety inducing memories when starting a drug?

memories

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Say you have an overactive amygdala and you take a drug that decreases the amygdala activity.. Now the amygdala would be decreased but the learned memories that you learned troughout your life that induced panic how long will they be left in the amygdala before it makes new learned memories that dont cause panic since now your amygdala has calmed down. I hope that made sense I suck at explaining.

#2 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

The top neuroscientists int the world probably could not answer that question. I dontthink youll find an answer to that one but good luck.

Edited by jaybird10 2, 01 February 2018 - 11:56 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

I have experience with an amygdala visualization exercise called amygdala clicking or amygdala tickling.

You visualize your left amygdala, then tickle the front part of it with a feather (or what i like to use is a soft paint brush). You can also visualize a gold laser beam going into and activating the front part of the amygdala. Then you visualize the right amygdala and do the same.

I always get great results at the start, and then experience diminishing returns. I've written my experiences before on this in various parts of the Internet (many of which have gone down now), but it definitely works, especially when I haven't done it for awhile. Like I said I get great results at the start, then I get diminishing returns soon after.

What does it do? Well it makes you happier and experience less fear. However what I find most notable, and is really unbelievable and hard to understand until you experience it yourself, is I get something called synchronization. It's probably not the correct term for it (I think it's a Jung term), but it's a mixture of premonition, the noticing of thoughts, and their connection with real life events. Like I said you won't really understand or believe it until you experience it yourself, but this is actually the thing I experience quite quickly and most often when practicing this visualization technique. 

A few quick examples of what I mean. Thinking of Micky mouse and then someone talking about Disneyland right after you think it. Thinking about the police and then the song "This is What happens when You call the Cops" plays next on your Spotify (when it's on shuffle in a playlist with 1,332 songs). These are just 2 of the examples I can think of now, but I've had 100's of so called coincidences when doing this technique. Also note the thought and the event doesn't have to happen right away either. You can think a thought today and then the event happens tomorrow, and your brain will take you back to that specific thought you had yesterday and say these were connected. Like I said explaining this experience is hard to someone who hasn't experienced it, just like explaining a colour to someone who is colour blind to that colour. But if you practice the technique, you will probably experience it sooner then you think (I know my friends have). The only way I've learnt to understand it is, you get a glimpse outside the space time continuum, or in other words a glimpse of fate itself.

Probably more relevant to your situation is the fear lowering effects. The neuroscientist T.D.A Lingo said you get to a point where you will have a frontal lobes pop so to speak, a nirvana experience, but this requires doing the visualization technique & working on traumatic childhood experiences. Neil Slade who publishes Lingo's work tends to leave out working on traumatic childhood experiences as part of the process.

Anyway I've never experienced the big frontal lobes pop so to speak. But I have experienced a mini pop back in 2010. I was at university, I was practicing the technique for about a month, and I was coming back from a night club with my friends in a taxi where I was somewhat intoxicated. I don't know whether the alcohol had acted as a catalyst, but all of a sudden it hit me out of the blue, and I went into a state of extreme euphoria with a complete absence of fear. I had no fear, and I remember thinking it wouldn't matter if world war 3 broke out or there was a food crisis, everything would be alright. Sadly it only lasted for around 15 minutes, but it was something I've never experienced, or have yet to experienced again.

But even if you leave out the extreme experiences, you still experience all the inbetween ones. Laughing fits was something I experienced a few times, when you can't control you laughter to the point where it's embarrassing lol; even the laughs start sounds more "eeeee" like. I also remember filling up a glass vase on my mum's kitchen window with all the fruit, just to see if she'd notice (she didn't lol). My friend told me he started dancing with a manikin in a Charity shop he was volunteering at, the girl working there thought he was crazy.

I've had too many experiences to brush off as placebo. These are real and happen every time I practice. I usually stop practicing because of laziness and diminishing returns. But every time I go back and practice I get new experiences again. I really should make it a goal to do 10 minutes a day for the whole year, I wonder if I stuck to it for that long I could experience what I did back in 2010 or bigger. Tbh I was practicing for a month and I remember it just hit me out of the blue, and it wasn't like I was experiencing any build up to that point; so maybe I should just do it without focusing on results, and just trusting the process itself.

Anyway I'll finish with that, hopefully this was helpful.

#4 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

But if you practice the technique, you will probably experience it sooner then you think (I know my friends have). The only way I've learnt to understand it is, you get a glimpse outside the space time continuum, or in other words a glimpse of fate itself.

Hum... can I use this technique to get a glimpse of tomorrow's winning lottery numbers?  :ph34r:

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

No the thoughts are random, you don't have control over the connections your brain makes to the real world.

I know your response is meant to be sarcastic or for fun. But if I could describe it another way to people who haven't experienced it, it's like deja vu, but experiencing deja vu as a regular thing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users