Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone tried MemoProve

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

- Novartis recently bought Ebewe Pharma's generics business (announced May 2009, approved Sep 2009). This specifically did not include Ebewe's "injectable neurological products business" -- i.e. Cerebrolysin.

- The "new" Ebewe that now makes Cerebrolysin/N-PEP-12 is "Ebewe Neuro Pharma". ebewe-neuro.com was active for a while, it now redirects to everpharma.com but displays the same Ebewe Neuro site. (Impending name change?)

I read somewhere about that. I didn't hear about the part about Novartis taking over Ebewe's generics business but I just read about the whole name change to Ebewe's marketing site to the stuff they still cover. I'm guessing they'll keep the old domain active or redirecting to the current name. I don't know the reason for the name change. Probably just for marketing purposes.

N-PEP-12 is an unspecified "derivative of cerebrolysin" "consisting of biopeptides and amino acids". I doubt you'll find anything more specific than that, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

That type of general explanation was what I found on alot of sites. In my previous post I mentioned how this kind of explanation threw me off. I wish these websites would be more specific.

I personally would not be surprised if it just is Cerebrolysin prepared for tabletization.

I don't think it is. I think of it as an aspect of Cerebrolysin prepared for tabletization.

- E021 is a "peptide fraction" of Cerebrolysin, from my reading all the peptides in Cerebrolysin without the amino acids. It shows up in some studies, but is not available for purchase, and is slightly less effective than Cerebrolysin anyway. (e.g. PMID 9700667)

All I could make out was what was printed in Dr. Wise's study; as another of the "peptide fragments", derived from cerebrolysin, besides N-Pep commonly studied.
I wonder if this compound has bioavailability comparable to N-Pep?

- Peptides are somewhat orally bioavailable, but quite poorly. (PMID 10837560)

Are there any specific studies regarding the oral bioavailability of N-Pep?

- My favorite quote so far: "Cerebrolysin is probably not an appropriate treatment for disorders that are less profound than AD because it can only be administered through multiple (often 20) intravenous infusions." (PMID 16258593)

Why's that your favorite quote? It sounds kind of disheartening to say the least... If someone doesn't want to give themselves injections that's fine but the fact that you can take cerebrolysin for 2 weeks straight and then go a couple months in between each time should make this doable.

#32 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

Yowza, so far I am taking NPEP12 by mouth.. Not enough time to determine benefits. mAybe in a few mo. Just order a pack. The first free pack I got, got me hooked

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:24 AM

Yowza, so far I am taking NPEP12 by mouth.. Not enough time to determine benefits. mAybe in a few mo. Just order a pack. The first free pack I got, got me hooked

This is a very interesting compound when injected, although it will stand no chance against the HCl acid and pepsidases present within the stomach. Although di- and tri-peptides that make it past the stomach without being hydrolyzed can be absorbed intact into enterocytes, they are enzymatically degraded into amino's in the cytoplasm prior to delivery into the bloodstream. Theoretically, absorption could be increased if the drug were inserted into a liposomal carrier, although this appears not to be the case with this drug.

#34 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:06 PM

I'm sorry but I beleive you are wrong, but only concerning the statement that NPEP12 is broken down to the point of being beyond facility to the CNS. These tablets are DEFINITELY active orally- no doubt in my mind. Tt doesn't require injections, fancy liposomal delivery, or sublingual delivery to exert its effects on target tissues. Simply swallow the tablet as the scientists who designed the pill intended. There's nothing more to say about this other than it definitely makes its way into the CNS (although it may possibly be working through indirect means to do so, there's no way to tell for certain), but so far as to WHAT it does after it is swallowed is still a big unanswered question. It basically makes me really wired if I take too much of it, so I reduced my daily dose down to 1/4th tab and will later work up to a full dose. It gives me more intense dreams than any psychiatric prescription med I have taken even more so than SSRI's. I've taken other AA supplements and can say that this is not a simple AA supplement. Crap like 5-HTP and Trp, ALCAR never had any noticeable effects like this does. I categorize NPEP-12 as a peptide DRUG, not a supplement. As I already said before I have no idea if it will be useful to me yet, I'm finding it about as challenging as racetams to incorporate into my drug regimen due to the fact it makes it harder to sleep. BTW I gave up on racetams bc unless you're having a stroke they are basically useless mood-flattening crap IMO. NPEP12 may turn out the same for me, who knows.

This is a very interesting compound when injected, although it will stand no chance against the HCl acid and pepsidases present within the stomach. Although di- and tri-peptides that make it past the stomach without being hydrolyzed can be absorbed intact into enterocytes, they are enzymatically degraded into amino's in the cytoplasm prior to delivery into the bloodstream. Theoretically, absorption could be increased if the drug were inserted into a liposomal carrier, although this appears not to be the case with this drug.

#35 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

I'm sorry but I beleive you are wrong, but only concerning the statement that NPEP12 is broken down to the point of being beyond facility to the CNS. These tablets are DEFINITELY active orally- no doubt in my mind. Tt doesn't require injections, fancy liposomal delivery, or sublingual delivery to exert its effects on target tissues. Simply swallow the tablet as the scientists who designed the pill intended. There's nothing more to say about this other than it definitely makes its way into the CNS (although it may possibly be working through indirect means to do so, there's no way to tell for certain), but so far as to WHAT it does after it is swallowed is still a big unanswered question. It basically makes me really wired if I take too much of it, so I reduced my daily dose down to 1/4th tab and will later work up to a full dose. It gives me more intense dreams than any psychiatric prescription med I have taken even more so than SSRI's. I've taken other AA supplements and can say that this is not a simple AA supplement. Crap like 5-HTP and Trp, ALCAR never had any noticeable effects like this does. I categorize NPEP-12 as a peptide DRUG, not a supplement. As I already said before I have no idea if it will be useful to me yet, I'm finding it about as challenging as racetams to incorporate into my drug regimen due to the fact it makes it harder to sleep. BTW I gave up on racetams bc unless you're having a stroke they are basically useless mood-flattening crap IMO. NPEP12 may turn out the same for me, who knows.

I don't doubt that you think it is working, but consider the possiblity that it may be spiked with something else. Oligopeptides are easily hydrolyzed in the stomach, and even if a fraction of the peptide chain made it intact into an enterocyte, it would be degraded within the cytoplasm since there are no transporters on the basolateral aspect of the enterocyte for polypeptides. It's not even a remote possibility.
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#36 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

You are right, it is a possibility. Not sure what would have that effect though, it is not like a typical stimulant effect and I could go down the list of negatives. My guess is it is unlikely they introduced contaminants as it would be a liability.

I don't doubt that you think it is working, but consider the possiblity that it may be spiked with something else. Oligopeptides are easily hydrolyzed in the stomach, and even if a fraction of the peptide chain made it intact into an enterocyte, it would be degraded within the cytoplasm since there are no transporters on the basolateral aspect of the enterocyte for polypeptides. It's not even a remote possibility.

#37 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

You are right, it is a possibility. Not sure what would have that effect though, it is not like a typical stimulant effect and I could go down the list of negatives. My guess is it is unlikely they introduced contaminants as it would be a liability.

A company was just recently found to have spiked their 'fat loss' supplement with a methamphetamine/pipradrol derivative.

It is very likely - especially given the symptoms you have mentioned previously.
  • dislike x 1

#38 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:09 AM

The company that produces this supplement is Ebewe pharma.

It's not a small internet based company that requires other companies to manufacture and send over product for them.

#39 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

It's not a small internet based company that requires other companies to manufacture and send over product for them.

Interesting. Does anyone have the fulltext of these articles?

1) http://www.ncbi.nlm....mp;ordinalpos=1
2) http://www.ncbi.nlm....mp;ordinalpos=3

#40 trevyn

• 87 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

I have online access to the second and have requested the first from my library system, I should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday. Is there something specific you're looking for in them?

From Crook et al.: "Study participants comprised 54 male or female volunteers, aged 50 years or older, who presented with subjective complaints of memory loss and objective evidence of memory loss as demonstrated by a total score above 4 on the Syndrom Kurz Test (SKT; Erzigkeit, 1989). All individuals were in good physical health. Subjects meeting DSM-IV (American Psychiatric Association, 1994) and/or NINCDS/ADRDA (McKhann et al., 1984) criteria for dementia were excluded, as were those with severe concomitant medical illness that could impair cognition." (emphasis added)

Edited by trevyn, 08 November 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#41 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

I have online access to the second and have requested the first from my library system, I should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday. Is there something specific you're looking for in them?

From Crook et al.: "Study participants comprised 54 male or female volunteers, aged 50 years or older, who presented with subjective complaints of memory loss and objective evidence of memory loss as demonstrated by a total score above 4 on the Syndrom Kurz Test (SKT; Erzigkeit, 1989). All individuals were in good physical health. Subjects meeting DSM-IV (American Psychiatric Association, 1994) and/or NINCDS/ADRDA (McKhann et al., 1984) criteria for dementia were excluded, as were those with severe concomitant medical illness that could impair cognition." (emphasis added)

Specifically the materials and methods. I'm interested to see the delivery method.

What do these capsules look like? Enterically coated? I'm curious how they bypassed the degradation of the peptide within the GI tract. Obviously, being able to absorb an intact protein would have many therapeutic applications (oral insulin for diabetics, exc).

Edited by Irish MD, 08 November 2009 - 09:37 PM.

#42 trevyn

• 87 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

Specifically the materials and methods. I'm interested to see the delivery method.

What do these capsules look like? Enterically coated? I'm curious how they bypassed the degradation of the peptide within the GI tract. Obviously, being able to absorb an intact protein would have many therapeutic applications (oral insulin for diabetics, exc).

"N-PEP-12, which is derived from cerebrolysin, is a peptide preparation produced enzymatically from purified nerve cell proteins and has multiple neurochemical and neurophysiological effects, many of which mimic the effects of nerve growth factor."

(long discussion of Cerebrolysin's documented effects)

"N-PEP-12 was developed by EBEWE Pharma (Unterach, Austria) as a compound that, although far less potent than cerebrolysin, can be administered orally. Cerebrolysin is safe to be administered at doses more than 20-fold greater than therapeutic doses (Leuschner, 1980a,b) and it was believed a less therapeutically potent oral derivative would be free of significant side-effects. This appears to be the case and the compound appears to have both neuroprotective effects on cortical cells and effects on memory performance in ‘normal’ aged rats (Hutter-Paier et al., 2004). Eighteen-month-old rats fed N-PEP-12 for 3 months performed significantly better on Morris maze escape latency than did those given placebo."

"The study was designed as a fully randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-groups trial comparing a single 90 mg daily dose of N-PEP-12 with placebo. Subjects were randomized on a 2 : 1 allocation ratio, N-PEP-12 to placebo, and treated for 30 days. Cognitive and clinical evaluations were performed at baseline and at the termination of treatment."

No discussion of any method to increase oral bioavailability, nor anything more detailed about the administration or delivery method of the 90mg dose.

Memoprove does appear to be enteric coated; see ingredients at: http://www.memoprove...PU-whatismp.htm

Edited by trevyn, 08 November 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#43 trevyn

• 87 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

Alvarez et al. is not more enlightening:

"N-PEP-12 is a dietary supplement derived from Cerebrolysin, a peptide preparation, produced by enzymatic hydrolysis from purified neuronal proteins. It consists of low-molecular-weight neuropeptides and free amino acids in a brain-specific pattern."

(...discussion of Cerebrolysin...)

"In the present study, we investigated the effects of a single oral dose of N-PEP-12 (180 mg) on cognitive performance and brain bioelectrical activity in healthy older adults."

"This study was an open-label, exploratory trial designed to evaluate the effects of N-PEP-12, administered orally and in a single dose, on brain functioning in healthy elderly people...All study participants received a single oral dose of N-PEP-12 (180 mg)."

#44 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

Maybe it would be easiest to contact Ebewe directly to get information on:
-the delivery method behind this supplement
-What chemical action accounts for the therapeutic effect behind N-Pep

#45 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

This patent was mentioned in the Cerebrolysin thread, and may give some hints about the formulation and effects. Some of the MemoProve marketing literature mentions "patent pending," so I'm assuming this is the formulation for N-PEP-12, and MemoProve may contain other ingredients also.

The phrase "and the like" appearing at the end of every list of ingredients means that these are indicative, not comprehensive. Note the large number of vitamins, minerals, supplements (esp. DMAE, huperazine, and caffeine) of which this may be comprised.

This is my transcription from the image, so watch for errors. I notice a couple in the patent while I was transcribing :p

Patent US2005227922: Neuroprotective dietary supplement
Publication Date: 2005-10-13
Applicant: EBWE PHARMA GES. M.H. NFG.KG

The novel dietary supplement mixture consists essentially of molecules having a molecular weight of less than 10 kDa and comprises at least one of the peptides defined by the following sequences:

Sequence 1: NMVPFPR
Sequence 2: ASAFQGIGSTHWVYDGVGNS

These peptides can be obtained by commonly known synthetic procedures. Sequence determination was performed by commonly known techniques such as mass spectrometry, tandem mass spectrometry, electrophoresis, chromatographic separation followed by sequencing and the like.

The novel dietary supplement mixture may further comprise additional peptides, having a molecular weight of less than 10 kDa.

It may further comprise amino acids.

Suitable amino acids are for example asparagine (N), methionine (M), glutamic acid (E), valine (V), proline (P), arginine ( R ), alanine (A), cysteine ( C ), phenylalanine (F), glutamine (Q), glycine (G), threonine (T), isoleucine (I), tryptophane (W), tyrosine (Y), threonine (T), serine (S), histidine (H), aspartic acid (D), lysine (K), leucine (L) and the like. The amino acids are preferably used in their opticall active form, most preferably L-amino acids are used.

The novel dietary supplement mixture may further comprise vitamins, such as vitamin A, different vitamins of the B group, vitamin C, vitamin D, E and/or K. Further it may comprise mineral substances and/or trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, sodium, zinc, manganese, iodine, potassium, selenium, chromium, molybdenium, fluorine, chlorine, phosphorous. Further ingredients may be caffeine and taurine, fatty acids such as Q-fatty aclids, alpha lipoic acid, phospholipids, phosphatidylserines, plant extracts, such as ginkgo biloba, huperzine, precursors of neurotransmitters like DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) and the like.

It may further comprise flavouring substances, colorants like titaniumdioxide ferric oxides and the like, and/or preserving agents and the like. Preserving agents may be Ethylparaben (P-Hydroxybenzoic acid ethyl ester), Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzethonium Chloride, Benzoic acid, Butylparaben (p-Hydroxybenzoic acid butyl ester), Methylparaben (p-Hydroxybenzoic acid methyl ester), Potassium sorbate, Propionic acid, Propylparaben (p-Hydroxybenzoic acid propyl ester), Sodium benzoate, Sodium propionate, Sorbic acid and the like.

The mixture further may comprise acceptable additives, fillers and/or excipients such as microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrine, magnesium stearate, colloidal silica, silicon dioxide, lactose, maltose, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, cellulose modified, vegetable cellulose, calcium phosphate, sodium phosphate, vegetable glycerine, sodium starch, polyvinylpyrrolidone, polyvinylpolypyrrolidone, cellulose gum, stearic acid, gelatine, mannitol, sodium ascorbate, glycerine, receflour, maltodextrine dipotassium phosphate and the like.

Preferably the dietry supplement mixture of the invention comprises 10-30 wt% peptides, 2-20 wt% amino acids and up to 2-76 wt% additional ingredients, fillers and the like as defined above.

The dietary supplement mixture is applied orally in form of tablets, coated tablets, capsules, pastes, chewing tablets or drinking solutions. If a coated tablet is used the coating may be resistant against gastric juices, thus an enteric coated dosage form could be used. The dietary supplement mixture may in its oral dosage form be applied at least one time daily.

Examples 1-3 detail the tabletting procedure, example 4 a liquid preparation. Example 5 details an in vitro experiment showing the neuroprotective effects on embryonic neuron cells. Example 6 was an experiment on the Morris Water Maze performance of rats given this preparation orally over 3 months; sample sizes were small but results were statistically significant.

Example 7 was a very small test on 6 health elderly subjects. Cognitive assessment was given on day 1, then again on day two, 6 hours after a single 180mg dose.

According to the results of this study, the mixture of the invention supports and improves memory performance in healthy elderly subjects after the administration of a single dose. The improvement induced by the mixture of the invention reached significant values in the word recognition task and in the total memory subscore of the ADAS, but not in the word recall item. The mixture of the invention also enhances, in a nonsignificant manner, performance in cognitive tasks of the SKT related to both, attention and memory performance. Individual SKT tasks where best effects after the treatment with the mixture of the invention were seen included the items arranging blocks, counting symbols and recognition memory. These effects indicate that the invention might potentiate attention and memory functions in adult-elderly people without cognitive impairment.

Contacting Ebewe regarding the oral bioavailability of the peptides themselves would still be interesting.

Edited by chrono, 25 November 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#46 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

Whatever peptide it is that makes up the Memoprove formula is definitely orally bioavailable. I don't know how this is so hard to accept. Now whether this peptide mix is useful is the only question worth addressing.

#47 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

Whatever peptide it is that makes up the Memoprove formula is definitely orally bioavailable. I don't know how this is so hard to accept. Now whether this peptide mix is useful is the only question worth addressing.

What I was trying to demonstrate was that the inclusion of things like DMAE, taurine, huperazine, caffeine and possibly other supplements means that just because you feel something, doesn't mean you're feeling those peptides. It's hard to accept because it doesn't quite make sense given the available product information.

Your experience reports are somewhat vague, but I didn't see anything suggesting that you could DEFINITELY feel the specific cognitive- and memory-improving effects that these peptides are supposed to deliver, only that you DEFINITELY felt something. Given the other ingredients present, how can you use this feeling to extrapolate the effectiveness of the peptides? Have you taken these other substances alone and in combination, and can you definitely differentiate them from the subtle effects of the peptides?

My continuing research is in the hopes that there is a way that these peptides are able to work orally. Starting from that premise, all I've been able to find are sources stating flatly that small peptides are destroyed in the stomach, and a few dozen papers about nanoparticle research trying to work around this. It is somewhat possible that the newer patent for MemoProve contains one of these experimental delivery systems. However, given that every review I've seen mentions this problem and the MemoProve literature mentions no solution, I doubt it.

Rather, my current thought is that inclusion of the two short peptides (which can be made synthetically quite cheaply) with the Cerebrolysin pedigree, combined with those other chemicals that produce that feeling of psychoactivity, are a marketing ploy.

I have no interest in proving this substance doesn't work, only in understanding how it's possible that it would. I'd be grateful for any help with this.

Edited by chrono, 27 November 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#48 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

CLARIFICATION:

Memoprove (and personal subjective) effects:
~no effect yet on memory / cognition
~gets incredibly activating (for me) to the point of aggravating insomnia
~horrid lucid trippy dreams, shallow sleep

Yes this is just another weak report that can only count as anecdotal evidence. I am still just 1 person and can only post from a limited point of view - my own.

Yes, you may be right in that there is something else in Memoprove causing these subjective effects in me besides the listed active ingredient of peptides.
If so, I don't think it is:
~Caffeine
~DMAE
~taurine

I agree it seems likely that the listed active ingredient (peptides) would just simply be digested into something non-active.

Of course my experience reports are vague and anecdotal. I don't plan on writing a book on them either.

"only that you DEFINITELY felt something" ... YES! exactly! I am NOT saying I have yet felt any definite pro-cognitive benefits from taking Memoprove yet... I simply CANNOT tolerate it long enough to have an opinion on this namely because of #1. I don't know how I can be less vague on this without having to write a detailed 4 page long post... and I dont really want to!

"Rather, my current thought is that inclusion of the two short peptides (which can be made synthetically quite cheaply) with the Cerebrolysin pedigree, combined with those other chemicals that produce that feeling of psychoactivity, are a marketing ploy."

LOL! I can't put it past anyone these days but I hope you arent right about Ebewe pharma, that would mean bad news from the rest of big pharma.

You make similar good points that IrishMD has brought up. I am not disagreeing, but based on my personal experience taking Memoprove is not placebo-ish or like drinking water.. or taking Noopept for that matter. It has a definite acute response of unpleasant weirdness for me. I'm not suggesting to anyone to buy it, however, that is the best way to see for yourself: 1) buy some 2) try some 3) then report back!

When I first tried some I went ahead and took an entire foil-sheet worth in a 3 day period. bleh

What I was trying to demonstrate was that the inclusion of things like DMAE, taurine, huperazine, caffeine and possibly other supplements means that just because you feel something, doesn't mean you're feeling those peptides. It's hard to accept because it doesn't quite make sense given the available product information.

Your experience reports are somewhat vague, but I didn't see anything suggesting that you could DEFINITELY feel the specific cognitive- and memory-improving effects that these peptides are supposed to deliver, only that you DEFINITELY felt something. Given the other ingredients present, how can you use this feeling to extrapolate the effectiveness of the peptides? Have you taken these other substances alone and in combination, and can you definitely differentiate them from the subtle effects of the peptides?

My continuing research is in the hopes that there is a way that these peptides are able to work orally. Starting from that premise, all I've been able to find are sources stating flatly that small peptides are destroyed in the stomach, and a few dozen papers about nanoparticle research trying to work around this. It is somewhat possible that the newer patent for MemoProve contains one of these experimental delivery systems. However, given that every review I've seen mentions this problem and the MemoProve literature mentions no solution, I doubt it.

Rather, my current thought is that inclusion of the two short peptides (which can be made synthetically quite cheaply) with the Cerebrolysin pedigree, combined with those other chemicals that produce that feeling of psychoactivity, are a marketing ploy.

I have no interest in proving this substance doesn't work, only in understanding how it's possible that it would. I'd be grateful for any help with this.

#49 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

Is anyone still taking this? I took a few foils at 1 tablet per day, and it did absolutely nothing noticeable. I guess I will try again.

#50 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:40 AM

Is anyone still taking this? I took a few foils at 1 tablet per day, and it did absolutely nothing noticeable. I guess I will try again.

My opinion of this is made pretty clear in my last post. However, if it is going to work in a way similar to cerebrolysin peptides, it would need a while to manifest results. Maybe a week or two?

#51 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

My opinion of this is made pretty clear in my last post. However, if it is going to work in a way similar to cerebrolysin peptides, it would need a while to manifest results. Maybe a week or two?

One concern was that the peptides would be destroyed by stomach acid. Don't enterically coated tablets bypass the stomach intact?

Edited by tjcbs, 02 June 2010 - 06:52 AM.

#52 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

One concern was that the peptides would be destroyed by stomach acid. Don't enterically coated tablets bypass the stomach intact?

True! I forgot about that. They should do that. Honestly, I don't know if peptides fare better through intestinal absorption or first-pass metabolism. Maybe someone else can speak to that.

#53 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

I started memoprove today. The pills are coated. So far it seems similar to cerebrolysin. We'll see how the day goes but it looks promising ;)

#54 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Please keep us updated!
Did you order from ever neuro pharma directly?
It's a food supplement in Austria, so it should be avaiable across the EU without legal issues,right?

#55 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

I ordere from quick2you. They were Pretty fast. The canadian customs held the package 4 days. In total it took a week.

Not sure about the legality in Eu.

I have to say, memoprove works. I feel sharp when i'm on it, i have more energy, i read a lot faster, memory is enhanced and, just like cere, i seem to be able to accomplish more in a day.

I was surprised by this noot, I had underestimated it. When i took the 1st dose i was not expecting that the "multi-focus point " seen in cerebrolysin would be apparent but right away i felt it.

The only negative side i have with memoprove is that i cant fall asleep when i take 2 pills. I sleep better with 1 but 2 makes me more focused and clear. I which they would make smaller doses cuz the enteric coating of the pill prevents me from splitting it in half.

Anyways, npep12 really is the same as cerebrolysin. Keep in mind that i used 5ml amps when inwas on cere... I never got the chance to try 10.

#56 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

I did end up eating several packages worth, not sure if you can feel anything, but reading the material it seems to be befitting to mental clarity.

Edited by Ark, 27 January 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#57 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

So it didn't work for you Ark at all? what other supplements were you doing in the same time as taking that? and have you tried cerebrolysin to have something to compare with?

#58 jillin

• 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

I have been dying to try cere for the longest time but never had the means to get it. Now there is a pill form I can't help but jump the gun and try it myself. However, I think I will lurk a bit longer and see what sunshinefrost has to say in the following days.

#59 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

So it didn't work for you Ark at all? what other supplements were you doing in the same time as taking that? and have you tried cerebrolysin to have something to compare with?

I've tried a few Peptide drugs, at the time I was taking Memoprove i was also taking apoaequorin, other peptide drugs that I felt >: Selank , and Semax.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 evodude

• 86 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Mhh sounds interesting but the price......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users