* * * * - 5 votes

My NEW SUNSCREEN launched

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#121 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

It is based on micro-fine ZnO and OMC. It is really a pity that in Sweden and in the EU ZnO is not approved as a sunscreen agent. But there is a way around the ZnO issue in Sweden (and other European countries) :)
ZnO is a far better and milder alternative for a broad-spectrum, photo-stable everyday sunscreen than any organic sunscreen filter based systems. Not to mention the cosmetic elegance it provides :)

Will your sunscreen contain ZnO? If it does it would make it a bit difficult to sell here in Sweden, it's (unfortunately) illegal in cosmetics here :/ ..

#122 Vanity Fair

• 48 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Can you already tell us more about when you plan to launch it and when it will be available for mail order?

In Europe, that is.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 rycsquan

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

Hi Eva, I am from Singapore and I do read the posts here rather often. Appreciate if you could release the URL links that allow international purchases for your sunscreens! :) thanks.

#124 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

I don't have the exact date but hopefully very soon. Ideally during August, but things usually don't go as planned, I've learned :)

The URL for the website will also be released when available.

Thank you so much for your interest in my products! :)

Can you already tell us more about when you plan to launch it and when it will be available for mail order?

In Europe, that is.

#125 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hi Eva,

Hope you are well - glad to read your s/s will available to us. In the meantime...

Paula's Choice has launched the sun care product you mentioned a few months ago, "Hydralight Shine-Free Mineral Complex SPF 30." 60ml/2 oz @ USD20.95. It's formulated with the same actives as her Resist hand cream was (now reformulated), which you thought provided inadequate protection. What are your opinions on the newcomer, please?

Key Ingredients: dimethicone, zinc oxide, glycerin, panthenol, titanium dioxide, Camellia sinensis, cyclomethicone,Glycyrrhiza glabra, algae extract, Chamomilla recutita flower extract, allantoin
Product Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 6%; Titanium Dioxide 2.32% (sunscreens).

Thanks once again for your time, & Enjoy your summer! :) Best, Mia

#126 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hi Mia,

Hope you are well too.
I think Zinc Oxide 6%; Titanium Dioxide 2.32% are just too low for adequate UVA protection. As a once-in-a-while sunscreen in a moderate climate, it might just do, but for the summer even far up in the North would be a naive investment.
If this is this product, http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=b90658d0-e422-4265-a6ee-39c29b6c116a then I am not impressed.
(The product they were presenting to me back in November was a silicone based fluid with high ZnO content. I really don't know why they have not went with that formulation though.)

Have a lovely weekend, Mia and enjoy your summer! :)
Best wishes,
Eva

Hi Eva,

Hope you are well - glad to read your s/s will available to us. In the meantime...

Paula's Choice has launched the sun care product you mentioned a few months ago, "Hydralight Shine-Free Mineral Complex SPF 30." 60ml/2 oz @ USD20.95. It's formulated with the same actives as her Resist hand cream was (now reformulated), which you thought provided inadequate protection. What are your opinions on the newcomer, please?

Key Ingredients: dimethicone, zinc oxide, glycerin, panthenol, titanium dioxide, Camellia sinensis, cyclomethicone,Glycyrrhiza glabra, algae extract, Chamomilla recutita flower extract, allantoin
Product Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 6%; Titanium Dioxide 2.32% (sunscreens).

Thanks once again for your time, & Enjoy your summer! :) Best, Mia

#127 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Yes Eva, that is indeed the product. I'll definitely take a pass.

Thanks again! :)
Mia

I think Zinc Oxide 6%; Titanium Dioxide 2.32% are just too low for adequate UVA protection. As a once-in-a-while sunscreen in a moderate climate, it might just do, but for the summer even far up in the North would be a naive investment.
If this is this product, http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=b90658d0-e422-4265-a6ee-39c29b6c116a then I am not impressed.
(The product they were presenting to me back in November was a silicone based fluid with high ZnO content. I really don't know why they have not went with that formulation though.)

Edited by Mia K., 09 June 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#128 Edgar Koole

• 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hi Eva. I'm new to this website and this thread has been quiet for a few months. So I wanted to ask, is your sunscreen available for purchase? Thank you.

#129 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hi Eva. I'm new to this website and this thread has been quiet for a few months. So I wanted to ask, is your sunscreen available for purchase? Thank you.

Thank you for your interest. It is not yet available but it is coming (hopefully) very soon.

#130 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Thank you for your interest. It is not yet available but it is coming (hopefully) very soon.

Going by past experience, that means before the end of the decade :))))

#131 rycsquan

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hi Eva

Please take a look on this product, would like to know your comments/opinion on it.

Sunkiller Perfect Plus Strong Plus SPF 50+ PA++++ (SGD 13.40)

UV Filters - ZnO, OMC, Ti02, DHHB Tinosorb S, OCR, BDBM, (Understand it could be photo - unstable with AVO and OMC, but a study shows that Tinosob can photo stablize both molecuoles http://onlinelibrary....0.CO2/abstract)

What is your opinion on this product? is it stable and provides excellent protection? Thank you for your time.

Attached Files

#132 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi rycsquan,

Tinosorb S can indeed stabilize AVO and OMC to a certain extend.
OMC will be also stabilized by ZnO and the combination of ZnO and Tinosorb S. (ZnO also stabilizes AVO, although the FDA does not allow this combination.)

I think the sunscreen of the attached picture of the ingredients list, seems to be a good and photo-stable sunscreen. It has a high content of ZnO that will contribute to stable and broad-spectrum UVA protection. The best would be to know the percentage of the sunscreen filters to be able to give a more exact evaluation though.

Hi Eva

Please take a look on this product, would like to know your comments/opinion on it.

Sunkiller Perfect Plus Strong Plus SPF 50+ PA++++ (SGD 13.40)

UV Filters - ZnO, OMC, Ti02, DHHB Tinosorb S, OCR, BDBM, (Understand it could be photo - unstable with AVO and OMC, but a study shows that Tinosob can photo stablize both molecuoles http://onlinelibrary....0.CO2/abstract)

What is your opinion on this product? is it stable and provides excellent protection? Thank you for your time.

Edited by Eva Victoria, 12 September 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#133 Doffy90

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hey Eva.

I am eagerly waiting for you sunscreen. Do you have any updates for us? Really would like to try it. :)
  • like x 1

#134 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Could someone point me to Eva's review of Burnout? I'm using this suncreen a lot now.

#135 Geijutsu

• 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I don't think she reviewed that SS, at least not in this particular thread.

#136 Geijutsu

• 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Eva, do you mind giving your opinion on both of these sunscreens please, would greatly appreciate it:

http://www.pratimask...-body-sunscreen

http://www.frenchcos...php?prod=160158

#137 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

Hi Silvia,

Wondering if you could have a look at "Burnout" too:

Posted Image

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide (non-nano) 18.6%.

Other Ingredients: Deionized Water, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Sorbitol, Imperata Cylindrica (Root) Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Arabidopsis Extract, Plankton Extract, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Citric Acid.

http://www.burnoutsu...duct_detail&p=2

Is it possible that, although this product is 18% Zinc, it's not giving me good protection? It goes on practically clear (even when using a tsp of it) which makes me worried.

Edited by Ben, 13 November 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#138 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hi Ben,

I did review this sunscreen before.

18.6% ZnO should be sufficient protection against UVB and UVA rays.
This sunscreen contain good antioxidants and cell protective ingredients: Arabidopsis Extract, Plankton Extract, Vitamin C, Vitamin E. All these actives come from AGI Dermatics (although Vit. C and E can come from another supplier). They used to use these actives in their Remergent skin care line.
Imperata Cylindrica is an effective hydrating complex.

I think it is a very good everyday sunscreen, Ben! :) And if you like the aesthetics then keep on using it! :)

Hi Silvia,

Wondering if you could have a look at "Burnout" too:

Posted Image

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide (non-nano) 18.6%.

Other Ingredients: Deionized Water, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Sorbitol, Imperata Cylindrica (Root) Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Arabidopsis Extract, Plankton Extract, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Citric Acid.

http://www.burnoutsu...duct_detail&p=2

Is it possible that, although this product is 18% Zinc, it's not giving me good protection? It goes on practically clear (even when using a tsp of it) which makes me worried.

#139 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Seems to be extremely drying because Zno is dissolved in water and the formula lacks oil. There is essential oil of vetiver that can be a potent skin irritant in the presence of UVR.
Uriage SPF 50+
Formula INCI: Aqua (water), carbonate dicaprylyl, Uriage thermal spring water, methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol, Butylmethoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl triazone, Glycerin, Nylon-12, PVP triacontanyl, butylene glycol, hydrogenated polydecenes, decyl glucoside, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 alcohols, glucose, xanthan gum, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate, o-cymene-5-ol, propylene glycol, trehalose, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate.

A much better formula with broad-spectrum UV protection. I believe it is a light-feeling sunscreen. The only drawback is the lack of more anti-oxidants.

Eva, do you mind giving your opinion on both of these sunscreens please, would greatly appreciate it:

Thank you for your interest :)
The packaging is still not completely finished. But the sunscreen is.
Hopefully production can start early next year and the product should be available next Spring.

Hey Eva.

I am eagerly waiting for you sunscreen. Do you have any updates for us? Really would like to try it. :)

#140 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thanks Eva! And sorry for callig you silvia! I was emailing at the same time and I think my wires were crossed.

Excited about your product too. Want to buy it right now.

Edited by Ben, 18 November 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#141 icanhzche

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Aloe vera @ 3% has been implicated in DNA damage in presence of UVR. Why do SSs use it anyway? Sorry, cant post links yet but PubMed has 3 recent studies.

#142 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

That is correct, Aloe Vera has been linked to make skin more sensitive to UVR damage.
It is an interesting question why manufacturers still add Aloe Vera (and other sensitizing ingredients in the presence of UVR).
Maybe because Aloe Vera is well known and has the fame of being soothing? It is cheap so additional cost will be eliminated for production. Most often it is unfortunately the cost that decide whether a product will see daylight or not.

Aloe vera @ 3% has been implicated in DNA damage in presence of UVR. Why do SSs use it anyway? Sorry, cant post links yet but PubMed has 3 recent studies.

#143 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Is there a good sunscreen that you would recommend that is

a) photostable (like ZNO) so you only need to apply once a day and
b) is not making you look pale?

I tried the burnout one -> looked very pale and also feels very bad. Tried the allie ex UV protector -> looking certainly a bit pale still, but not as bad and feels better.

The allie one is certainly better and has a SPF of 50 which is good. But its still aesthetically unpleasing enough for me to not use it. Is there something similar to this which has even less of a pale look? Maybe with an SPF of only 20 or so, decent amount of nano ZnO, no TiO2 (as that makes made me pale in another sunscreen)... Anything you could recommend? A truly invisible ZnO or other sunscreen that you only need to apply once daily?

I am aware that nano ZnO with SPF of only 10-20 won't be perfect protection against UVA and will also not be perfect in summer, but I guess still a damn lot better then not using any at all because its not pleasing to the eye, right?

Edited by Heyman, 20 December 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#144 icanhzche

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

Heymann, not EvaVictoria here, but I can recommend a good invisible zinc SS until hers is available: Pratima Neem Vetiver or Neem Rose Sunscreen Spf 30 has zinc oxide and isnt the least bit ghostly or pasty. Its in a lypholized lecithin base so is quite nice and has affinity for the skin. I use it as my moisturizer/sunscreen. Neither greasy nor drying. And doesnt have aloe vera or retinyl palmitate.

IONIZED WATER, NON-NANO MICRONIZED ZINC OXIDE 18.6%, ORGANIC EXTRACTS OF NEEM, LICORICE, IMPERATA CYLINDRICA EXTRACT, VITAMIN E, LECITHIN, ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL OF VETIVER, XANTHAN GUM. PratimaSkinCare.com

Oh I see youre in Germany! You may need to use some sort of 3rd party mailbox service since Prat doesnt ship outside of CONUS. buggers.

Edited by icanhzche, 20 December 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#145 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Oh I see youre in Germany! You may need to use some sort of 3rd party mailbox service since Prat doesnt ship outside of CONUS. buggers.

Any idea how this works and how much it costs? It sounds like a good sunscreen, even If I don't understand how it can be non-whitening if its got 18% micro ZnO...

#146 icanhzche

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Uriage SPF 50+
Formula INCI: Aqua (water), carbonate dicaprylyl, Uriage thermal spring water, methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol, Butylmethoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl triazone, Glycerin, Nylon-12, PVP triacontanyl, butylene glycol, hydrogenated polydecenes, decyl glucoside, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 alcohols, glucose, xanthan gum, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate, o-cymene-5-ol, propylene glycol, trehalose, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate.

A much better formula with broad-spectrum UV protection. I believe it is a light-feeling sunscreen. The only drawback is the lack of more anti-oxidants.

EvaVictoria, please indulge me once more if you will... This Uriage Children's SS is quite nice and cosmetically elegant. Can you comment on the stability of the avobenzone in it in the presence of Tinosorb M? I understand that Tinosorb S stabilizes Avobenzone, but Im curious as to why Uriage is using Tinosorb M here. Uriage has not answered my question about it. Thank you! eagerly awaiting your own sunscreen to be available.

Any idea how this works and how much it costs? It sounds like a good sunscreen, even If I don't understand how it can be non-whitening if its got 18% micro ZnO...

Sorry, I have no idea. I think if you have friends in the States you could ask them to send it to you?

#147 lucaasalberto

• 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Not Eva but, as I understand, tinosorb M is a remarkable UVA filter, and it probably covers the spectrum avobenzone covers, therefor "stabilizing" it by avoiding avobenzone's fast degradation because it is absorbing/reflecting most of the UVA rays.

The avobenzone probably gives this product its high PPD, which is why it is there, even though there is also tinosorb M, a much better UVA filter.

Best.

Uriage SPF 50+

EvaVictoria, please indulge me once more if you will... This Uriage Children's SS is quite nice and cosmetically elegant. Can you comment on the stability of the avobenzone in it in the presence of Tinosorb M? I understand that Tinosorb S stabilizes Avobenzone, but Im curious as to why Uriage is using Tinosorb M here. Uriage has not answered my question about it. Thank you! eagerly awaiting your own sunscreen to be available.

Sorry, I have no idea. I think if you have friends in the States you could ask them to send it to you?

#148 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Is there a good sunscreen that you would recommend that is

a) photostable (like ZNO) so you only need to apply once a day and
b) is not making you look pale?

I tried the burnout one -> looked very pale and also feels very bad. Tried the allie ex UV protector -> looking certainly a bit pale still, but not as bad and feels better.

The allie one is certainly better and has a SPF of 50 which is good. But its still aesthetically unpleasing enough for me to not use it. Is there something similar to this which has even less of a pale look? Maybe with an SPF of only 20 or so, decent amount of nano ZnO, no TiO2 (as that makes made me pale in another sunscreen)... Anything you could recommend? A truly invisible ZnO or other sunscreen that you only need to apply once daily?

I am aware that nano ZnO with SPF of only 10-20 won't be perfect protection against UVA and will also not be perfect in summer, but I guess still a damn lot better then not using any at all because its not pleasing to the eye, right?

Though I like Allie a lot, I find it a bit white cast on my face too....too me it is acceptable; given its high percentage of zinc oxide.

One of my friends bought me a sunscreen made by Orbis last month, which was a newly launched one in 2013.

http://www.orbis.co.jp/small/6107030/
http://www.orbis.co....1060/allingred/

You may use Google to translate the product info & ingredients.

Cyclopentasiloxane, water, zinc oxide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, trisiloxanes, ethanol, BG, dimethicone, methyl methacrylate cross polymer, poly polyglyceryl-3 dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isononanoate isononyl, polyquaternium -51, hydrolysis of hyaluronic acid, rosemary extract, tocopherol, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, mica, hydrogenphosphite dimethicone, hydroxyapatite, silica, isostearic acid, methyl paraben, propyl paraben

The main reason why I asked her to buy me this sunscreen was that the % of the UV filters was close to those of Allie & people claimed that they did not see any white cast at all.

Zinc Oxide 17.47% (Orbis) 17.69% (Allie)
Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate 9.50% (Orbis) 8.80% (Allie)
Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate 0.50% (Orbis) 1.20% (Allie)

Yes, like what people say, neither do I see any white cast nor have any pale look - I put more than 1/3 teaspoon of sunscreen on my face.

After all, I am inclined to believe that it is of nano-sized zinc oxide; the particular size is bigger than those of Allie.

I remember Eva has said that nano-sized ZnO provide weaker UVA protection; am I correct, Eva?

Eva, what do you think about the UVA protection of Orbis compared with Allie

Much appreciated!

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Edited by happy lemon, 23 December 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#149 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Much appreciated!

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Thank you so much! Any idea where I can buy it that ships internationally (to germany?) Sounds really good!

Edit: Found it, great!

Edited by Heyman, 26 December 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#150 icanhzche

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Eva, what is your thinking on applying a chemical+physical sunscreen (such as your own) on bare skin vs over an antioxidant serum with 8% oils? Im thinking of the Uriage Tinosorb M one.

Do you think the chemicals in it need to react with the bare skin for protection, or is adding extra AOX under the SS a good idea? Thx

Edited by icanhzche, 06 January 2014 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users