• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#541 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

<br />TheFountain - why are you so upset?<br />

What gives you the impression I am upset? I am tired of ignorance, but far from upset.

#542 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

TheFountain - why are you so upset?

Always the peacemaker :-D

Grrrrrrrr.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Don't make me hurt you! :D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#543 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

<br />

No, they don't. You are just making that up because you're associating junk foodetarians with this kind of vegetarian diet. Now go do your work and show me some oldish paleo dieters who look young for their ages. So far I have not seen one and you have seen several from the other side. The score cards are not marked in your favor.

<br /><br />I'm not entirely convinced that a paleo diet will lead to a youthful appearance (and perhaps raw food vegetarianism leads to a youthful look at a cost), but still, there are a hell of a lot more long-term vegetarians in the civilized world than there are long-term paleo dieters. It's a new thing. Where are the people who have been on paleo diets for 30 years? They aren't.<br />

What 'cost'? Please stop talking unsubstantiated crap. Raw food diets are the healthiest diets available both on the cellular level and in terms of enzyme and bodily metabolism. The visual evidence speaks for itself. Yes, looks matter. Stop saying they don't or that they don't point to healthy diets when we all know they do. We are talking about people who, without plastic surgery, without extensive skin care regimens, look way younger than their chronological ages and who have been eating raw food diets for decades. Coincidence? If you actually think so I feel sorry for your ignorant mind.

Settle down Beavis

#544 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

What gives you the impression I am upset? I am tired of ignorance, but far from upset.

Speaking of ignorance, would you not say Mark Sisson's body, not face, looks much younger than his age????
He's in better shape than almost all men his age (55 YO)
It's not all about da face mister.

#545 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

<br />

&lt;br /&gt;TheFountain - why are you so upset?&lt;br /&gt;

<br /><br />What gives you the impression I am upset? I am tired of ignorance, but far from upset.<br />

<br /><br />Speaking of ignorance, would you not say Mark Sisson's body, not face, looks much younger than his age????<br />He's in better shape than almost all men his age (55 YO)<br />It's not all about da face mister.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Lots of middle aged men have muscle. Doesn't mean they look young. All it takes is commitment and proper dieting. Which brings me to this point. No one said the paleo diet is not a decent momentary dietary scheme for body builders. We are discussing diets which slow down the aging process not just those which keep biomarkers within acceptable ranges or add muscle to you. So far we see no evidence that the Paleo diet slows down senescence. And quite a bit of visual and even some clinical evidence (IGF-1 studies) that vegetarian raw food diets may indeed slow down certain aspects of the aging process.

Edited by TheFountain, 30 November 2009 - 11:21 PM.

#546 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

<br />

&lt;br /&gt;

No, they don't. You are just making that up because you're associating junk foodetarians with this kind of vegetarian diet. Now go do your work and show me some oldish paleo dieters who look young for their ages. So far I have not seen one and you have seen several from the other side. The score cards are not marked in your favor.

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I'm not entirely convinced that a paleo diet will lead to a youthful appearance (and perhaps raw food vegetarianism leads to a youthful look at a cost), but still, there are a hell of a lot more long-term vegetarians in the civilized world than there are long-term paleo dieters. It's a new thing. Where are the people who have been on paleo diets for 30 years? They aren't.&lt;br /&gt;

<br /><br />What 'cost'? Please stop talking unsubstantiated crap. Raw food diets are the healthiest diets available both on the cellular level and in terms of enzyme and bodily metabolism. The visual evidence speaks for itself. Yes, looks matter. Stop saying they don't or that they don't point to healthy diets when we all know they do. We are talking about people who, without plastic surgery, without extensive skin care regimens, look way younger than their chronological ages and who have been eating raw food diets for decades. Coincidence? If you actually think so I feel sorry for your ignorant mind.<br />

<br /><br />Settle down Beavis<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Whatever you say BUTT HEAD!

#547 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

Speaking of ignorance, would you not say Mark Sisson's body, not face, looks much younger than his age????

Every Paleo website and book should have a picture of Mark Sisson as a warning label.

#548 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:52 AM

<br />

&lt;br /&gt;

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I'm not entirely convinced that a paleo diet will lead to a youthful appearance (and perhaps raw food vegetarianism leads to a youthful look at a cost), but still, there are a hell of a lot more long-term vegetarians in the civilized world than there are long-term paleo dieters. It's a new thing. Where are the people who have been on paleo diets for 30 years? They aren't.&lt;br /&gt;

<br /><br />What 'cost'? Please stop talking unsubstantiated crap. Raw food diets are the healthiest diets available both on the cellular level and in terms of enzyme and bodily metabolism. The visual evidence speaks for itself. Yes, looks matter. Stop saying they don't or that they don't point to healthy diets when we all know they do. We are talking about people who, without plastic surgery, without extensive skin care regimens, look way younger than their chronological ages and who have been eating raw food diets for decades. Coincidence? If you actually think so I feel sorry for your ignorant mind.<br />

<br /><br />Settle down Beavis<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Whatever you say BUTT HEAD!

LOL

#549 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:53 AM

Every Paleo website and book should have a picture of Mark Sisson as a warning label.

You know your right. He's a fat slob.

#550 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:58 AM

<br />

<br /><br />What gives you the impression I am upset? I am tired of ignorance, but far from upset.<br />

<br /><br />Speaking of ignorance, would you not say Mark Sisson's body, not face, looks much younger than his age????<br />He's in better shape than almost all men his age (55 YO)<br />It's not all about da face mister.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Lots of middle aged men have muscle. Doesn't mean they look young. All it takes is commitment and proper dieting. Which brings me to this point. No one said the paleo diet is not a decent momentary dietary scheme for body builders. We are discussing diets which slow down the aging process not just those which keep biomarkers within acceptable ranges or add muscle to you. So far we see no evidence that the Paleo diet slows down senescence. And quite a bit of visual and even some clinical evidence (IGF-1 studies) that vegetarian raw food diets may indeed slow down certain aspects of the aging process.

Like the previous poster said, how long have folks been on Paleo versus veg. raw food?
And don't say "What about the cavemen"...you'd age quick too running from a saber tooth tiger....lol

#551 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:12 AM

<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Lot's of middle age men look young who don't have muscle. Your point proves nothing.

#552 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

well this thread is about looking young, he doesn't look young, sooo ummm.

#553 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Lot's of middle age men look young who don't have muscle. Your point proves nothing.

Which leads me to ask whether or not excess muscle over time somehow contributes to aging or at least the outward appearance of such. In fairness though stallone looks about 45 in this picture here but he is taking large amounts of HGH well his face looks 45 but his body looks like that of a muscular 60 year old.

Posted Image.

Edited by TheFountain, 01 December 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#554 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

I think he looks far from 60.
But in general, men look older than women, they look more developed.
Women bone structure is like a child, other than the hips and skin is smoother, so it can be related.

#555 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

What 'cost'? Please stop talking unsubstantiated crap. Raw food diets are the healthiest diets available both on the cellular level and in terms of enzyme and bodily metabolism. The visual evidence speaks for itself. Yes, looks matter. Stop saying they don't or that they don't point to healthy diets when we all know they do. We are talking about people who, without plastic surgery, without extensive skin care regimens, look way younger than their chronological ages and who have been eating raw food diets for decades. Coincidence? If you actually think so I feel sorry for your ignorant mind.

Please stop being an asshole and I'll think about it.

#556 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

Bottom line is this....there's currently no way of proving which diet (paleo or raw veggie) will age you best or help you live the longest. It's all speculation.

#557 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

Which leads me to ask whether or not excess muscle over time somehow contributes to aging or at least the outward appearance of such. In fairness though stallone looks about 45 in this picture here but he is taking large amounts of HGH well his face looks 45 but his body looks like that of a muscular 60 year old.

Well Sly hasn't been a bodybuilder actually. I mean - he lifted his whole life, but something was wrong with his diet or style of workouts as he hardly ever looked "buff", just shredded to bone (what does imply that his diet wasn't all that good). Later he tore his pec (you can see it in the pic). Probably some early joint problems too (improper lifting of hereditary tendencies) as he could get bigger and a lot more toned at the same time while lifting heavy, on all that gh and test, but from what I've seen his workouts are light and intense (like he's trying to compensante for not being able lift heavy). So while he looks really good here, there are plenty of guys his age who look a LOT better, body-wise. He should work his legs BTW, as from the pics I've seen recently, they look like a toothpicks, compared to a decent upper body lol..

Edited by VidX, 01 December 2009 - 11:48 PM.

#558 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

Well Sly hasn't been a bodybuilder actually. I mean - he lifted his whole life, but something was wrong with his diet or style of workouts as he hardly ever looked "buff", just shredded to bone (what does imply that his diet wasn't all that good). Later he tore his pec (you can see it in the pic). Probably some early joint problems too (improper lifting of hereditary tendencies) as he could get bigger and a lot more toned at the same time while lifting heavy, on all that gh and test, but from what I've seen his workouts are light and intense (like he's trying to compensante for not being able lift heavy). So while he looks really good here, there are plenty of guys his age who look a LOT better, body-wise. He should work his legs BTW, as from the pics I've seen recently, they look like a toothpicks, compared to a decent upper body lol..

Hardly ever looked buff??? You ever seen some of the later Rocky movies? Rambo? He's no Pee Wee Herman....lol

#559 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hardly ever looked buff??? You ever seen some of the later Rocky movies? Rambo? He's no Pee Wee Herman....lol

lol.. well probably my eyes are "adjusted" in kind of a different way after almost 10years in bb'ing. WHat I wanted to say - he probably never was big enough to start with, as guys who manage to become impressively big, usualy manages to keep a lot of that size to their old age if takes the right approach. and Sly was just very well toned and conditioned, so he managed to keep some of that too, just on a lower level.

#560 mcriot29

• 41 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

lol.. well probably my eyes are "adjusted" in kind of a different way after almost 10years in bb'ing. WHat I wanted to say - he probably never was big enough to start with, as guys who manage to become impressively big, usualy manages to keep a lot of that size to their old age if takes the right approach. and Sly was just very well toned and conditioned, so he managed to keep some of that too, just on a lower level.

ha would you stop there all on the good stuff as in dbol deca etc steriods they live on it you wont get big unless u juice up simple as

#561 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

ha would you stop there all on the good stuff as in dbol deca etc steriods they live on it you wont get big unless u juice up simple as

That's right, and there's a thing called - new minimum. After you get off the drugs - you have a new minimum weigt you can maintain with am adequate efforts/plan. Sly seems like he did some very poorly planned cycles, or no at all.. Anyway - at least now he takes his part in it lol..

Edited by VidX, 03 December 2009 - 07:30 AM.

#562 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

Your looks on Paleo diet.

http://images.quickb...SC1626.JPG?a=55

http://images.quickb...C18592.JPG?a=53

#563 DrEvil

• 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

o.k. so how old is this woman?

Your looks on Paleo diet.

http://images.quickb...SC1626.JPG?a=55

http://images.quickb...C18592.JPG?a=53

#564 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:31 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...iggs/index.html

http://blog.ibelieveinfitness.com/

43 yo

Edited by Forever21, 07 December 2009 - 08:31 AM.

#565 DrEvil

• 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:45 AM

She looks it..but considering what she looked like before .. here is she attractive.

http://www.cnn.com/2...iggs/index.html

http://blog.ibelieveinfitness.com/

43 yo

#566 DrEvil

• 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

I have posted some pics of myself before and the pcis received a lot of criticism, but have not seen photos of other members..?? .only Sly's photos.. . he is on steroids, been using coke , uses botox etc. etc. so not sure what the point it? I am pretty sure will not live a heatlhy life beyound 80. ------------------------ Anyhow here I go again: THe last attachmens is at age 36 ,5 months ago. I look like 50 in the photo. Just lost weight from Paleo/ Cr and skin has not had a chance to adjust itself. The light shows every wrinkle. So this is what might l happen if you loose 5 kg in 3 months when you are already lean and are above the age of 35. The other two are at age 37 (5months after photo above ) , same weight as before but skin has adjusted itself again, plus some more fat under skin again. not sure what age I look like, but when I shave woman say at most 35, some tell me 32, some say about 28 and ask me how i do it. In between I had exczema on my skin for about a month, not sure if the exzema inflammation actually improved the skin..Had to go off diet and eat more rice to help. When I had exzema looked like 60 on some days and 40 on others.

Attached Files

Edited by DrEvil, 07 December 2009 - 08:51 AM.

#567 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

I have posted some pics of myself before and the pcis received a lot of criticism, but have not seen photos of other members..??

I know for a fact that both Matt and I have posted our photos &)

By the way, I think your biggest enemy being from South Africa is the sun. What are you doing for skin protection?

Edited by Skotkonung, 07 December 2009 - 09:06 AM.

#568 captainbeefheart

• Guest, F@H
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

Hmm, I'm confused, isn't it a bit irrelevant if you look young, rather if you feel young or can compete physically with someone who is young? Else why would you care about what this forum is all about?

#569 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

captain>Well... healthy skin in a state of youth is a good start for a goal to have a whole body in that state, and often it may be closely related with an overall state of your organism as we see from some examples in this thread...

Edited by VidX, 07 December 2009 - 11:12 AM.

#570 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

I have posted some pics of myself before and the pcis received a lot of criticism, but have not seen photos of other members..??

I've posted pictures quite a few times. I'm 25 years old but people think i'm as young as 16 alllllllllllll the time! xD

I think 9 years is a pretty good start

Hmm, I'm confused, isn't it a bit irrelevant if you look young, rather if you feel young or can compete physically with someone who is young? Else why would you care about what this forum is all about?

When people look young it can make them feel young I think. I discussed this in another thread. When you are 25+ and see a 16 year old very boyish and young person in the reflection, it changes your psychology quite a lot. You don't see yourself as an adult even. I feel like i'm 16 as well as looking like i'm 16 or 17... or whatever. Looking young is clearly important to how people feel because otherwise it wouldnt be such a HUGE business (anti aging market)

Edited by Matt, 07 December 2009 - 09:01 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)