High Dosing Pramiracetam

nootropic cognition pramiracetam mania

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Philosopher

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

I have been experimenting with various nootropics for a year now. Pramiracetam is by far my favorite.

I once tried high dosing myself with pramiracetam. It was about 5-11g a day. The effects were ineffable. It may have triggered some sort of mania in me, but it was amazing.

I am now on my second day of high pramiracetam dosage. It is 4am and I have taken 5grams of pramiracetam today. No photographic memory nor great philosophical insights and creativity so far. Hopefully the euphoria and grandiosity will soon kick in.

Have any of you tried high dosing pramiracetam? What were your effects? Is pram the most effective nootropic you have tried?
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 3

#2 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

I meant to say that it was 4pm not am. It is 6:24 pm now. I have had 5gs so far. I feel an unprecedented surge of creativity, insight, philosophical reasoning, and articulation.

I'm going to take a couple more grams before I call it a day. Right now I am reading Sartre's Nausea with ease.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

Going over 2g's a day isn't really a prudent idea if you hope to use your neurons as long as possible. This thread goes over the effects of pramiracetam on Nitric Oxide levels in the brain. Basically going over 2g's is not recommended. 10-11g's is a bit absurd and basically unheard of. Do you have a kilo of the stuff or something?

#4 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

Wow, that's dangerous... for your wallet :D
No seriously, you should indeed take account of that NOS, I guess small doses doesn't rise NOS levels significantly but you taking 5g seems to increase it by nearly 20%
If you don't want to kill your neurons you should lower the dose or taxe loads of antioxidants.
Besides it's likely useless to put so much prami in your blood, at a certain level it won't increase your abilities.
Go easy on it, it's not because it's a racetam it's as safe as pira ani or oxi.
  • like x 2

#5 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hah 10-11g's seems madness. I came into this thread expecting 2.5g-isch doses, what I'm taking morning and night these days.
I'd be wary of the NOS damage, you do want your brain to keep healthy right? Better scale down.
Also, I'm taking 600mg Alpha GPC with 2.5g, are you taking any choline? I'd think my brain'd burn down at 11g lol.

#6 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

I ended up falling asleep at 9 last night. Slept for 10 hours.

I woke up with an amazingly cleared head. Maybe it wasn't a good idea taking that much pramiracetam, it didn't really do much for me. I'm going to taper down today. I didn't get much of an effect this time.

Maybe it really was mania that hit me last time I took such a high dose.
  • like x 1

#7 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

I really wouldn't take more than 3 grams every 12 hours if I were you. Too much is never good.

#8 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

Maybe it really was mania that hit me last time I took such a high dose.

It's usually way easier to get hypo-manic from piracetam or oxiracetam. I was really surprised to hear that you got any mania from the prami actually. It always lacked that quality for me which is why I feel safe taking it whenever I want. Looks like at ridiculously high doses it's also possible.

#9 Delafuente

• 49 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

Pramiracetam has a great effect the first day of intake, but there seems to be some sort of tolerance mechanism occuring if taken at moderate/high doses continuously over a period of days.
  • like x 1

#10 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

I have made an important discovery.

Whenever I take high doses of racetams, my thinking abilities actually decline. Sure my verbal fluency and memory get enhanced, but my deep philosophical thinking is extremely hindered, as well as any type of reasoning associated with big-picture thinking. My robot like thinking, memory and information processing, both get enhanced at the price of my human genius. I'm not sure if I've destroyed any neurons, but it feels as though my existential thinking is permanently faltered by high dosing pramiracetam and aniracetam. I took as much as 11g of pram and 9g of aniracetam. I advise you to not take such high doses, unless you would like to become a super computer.

Becoming a computer is not important in a world with a myriad of computer like humans and technology.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#11 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

It's never smart to take ridiculous doses like 10gs of something, it would only strain your body.
Ultra-mega-dosing won't give you photographical memory or superpowers (lol).

About having "destroyed your neurons", as long as you haven't been doing this for months, I'm sure that after a couple of weeks you'll recover, and after a couple of months you're back to the old you. Your body generally adapts to your current condition/situation.

On another note, I've been taking 2.5g of prami twice daily for almost a month now (experimenting to finish my remaining prami powder). The effects are a little too strong, but I generally feel smarter and lately I've been noticing random recall of old memories. Nootropics can really be some interesting stuff.
  • like x 6

#12 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

It's never smart to take ridiculous doses like 10gs of something, it would only strain your body.
Ultra-mega-dosing won't give you photographical memory or superpowers (lol).

About having "destroyed your neurons", as long as you haven't been doing this for months, I'm sure that after a couple of weeks you'll recover, and after a couple of months you're back to the old you. Your body generally adapts to your current condition/situation.

On another note, I've been taking 2.5g of prami twice daily for almost a month now (experimenting to finish my remaining prami powder). The effects are a little too strong, but I generally feel smarter and lately I've been noticing random recall of old memories. Nootropics can really be some interesting stuff.

I know exactly what you mean with the random recall. It's beautiful actually. I realize my past with such vivid perfection, not necessarily nostalgic, but more like looking at a beautiful frozen creek in the middle of winter with snow falling around you and your beautiful lover next to you. Not an aroused feeling, but more serene and spiritual. If the racetams have done anything important, they have heightened my aesthetic ability.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#13 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

more like looking at a beautiful frozen creek in the middle of winter with snow falling around you and your beautiful lover next to you

Maybe I SHOULD start taking 11gs of pramiracetam... just kidding ;)

I think it was isochroma who noticed memory recall with high doses of methylene blue and frequent doses of piracetam & fish oil.
Probably healthier than superdosing pramiracetam. You could also look into dream enhancement. I had some pretty awesome galantamine induced dreams...

Edited by Baten, 27 December 2011 - 11:55 PM.

• like x 1

#14 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

Random recall of prehistoric childhood memories is pretty awesome. Aniracetam does that to me. I didn't realize it was an effect of the ani until looking back at my journals months later and noticing I'd never remembered those 2 year old events before. It's a pretty weird experience to try to sort shit out 27 years later that you're still mad about from when you were two years old. Trippy stuff that ani.

#15 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

I have tapered off my high pramiracetam doses. I can feel myself getting back to normal. Personally, I really hated the high dosing experiment. It ruined my thinking. It feels like only a day has gone by, but actually 5 days have gone by since I've dosed it. I have done nothing productive in the past 5 days since my break started, which is pretty scary. Hopefully I can get these college applications started and finished in the next 2 days.

#16 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

Glad you figured it out before the deadline. You'll make it, don't worry, just don't procrastinate any more ;)

#17 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

Glad you figured it out before the deadline. You'll make it, don't worry, just don't procrastinate any more ;)

I took 10 grams of piracetam and 4grams of oxiracetam. I feel hypomanic! The feeling is back!

Listening to Piano sonata no 6 in d major op 106 by hummel. It's sending shivers down my back.

I'm seeing absurdities everywhere I go. I see the meaninglessness of life and the pettiness of others' existences. How amusing to me that they beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

These little ants don't know that what they're doing is worthless and has already been done by billions of other people. It brings shivers of grandiosity down my back.

Disgusting little ants working on their little ant hills.
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#18 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

I took 10 grams of piracetam and 4grams of oxiracetam. I feel hypomanic! The feeling is back!

Listening to Piano sonata no 6 in d major op 106 by hummel. It's sending shivers down my back.

I'm seeing absurdities everywhere I go. I see the meaninglessness of life and the pettiness of others' existences. How amusing to me that they beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

These little ants don't know that what they're doing is worthless and has already been done by billions of other people. It brings shivers of grandiosity down my back.

Yikes. You remind me of a certain other poster. Care to crush the skulls of any cats per chance?

Edited by semi-retarded-individual, 25 February 2012 - 01:59 AM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#19 Gamerzneed

• 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

Yikes. You remind me of a certain other poster. Care to crush the skulls of any cats per chance?

Isochroma?

#20 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

I wish the hypomania lasted longer; it only lasted a couple days after first dosing piracetam. It may have only been a placebo.

I really was a genius when hypomanic on piracetam though. It's amazing how superhuman it made me.

I don't remember feeling the need to crush skulls? Hypomania makes you superhuman, not crazy.

I've been off of all nootropics for about a month now and I feel fine. My cognitive function is definitely not at it's peak, and it's a lot harder to write. I'm not that genius writer I was when on nootropics.

Edited by Philosopher, 26 February 2012 - 01:43 PM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#21 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yea, I think many of us have felt the honeymoon effects of Piracetam. Sadly they cannot be sustained. At least not by very many...

#22 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Anyone here still taking prami regularly? My first trial with it wasn't spectacular but I am thinking of giving it another shot. It just made me feel empty headed and emotionless but then again, I was taking small amounts. I wonder what would happen if I upped it from 100-200mgs to 2gs?

#23 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Cool report ,interest me to try Pramiracetam again ,after a while simply very tiny dose give me verbal fluency when combine with Piracetam .

#24 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Anyone here still taking prami regularly? My first trial with it wasn't spectacular but I am thinking of giving it another shot. It just made me feel empty headed and emotionless but then again, I was taking small amounts. I wonder what would happen if I upped it from 100-200mgs to 2gs?

I'm still taking Pram regularly, however it has never caused me any emotional blunting. I'm taking 100mg twice a day.

#25 artistlove12

• 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I tried Pramiracetam for the first time in a 100mg dose with 250mg of Choline Bitartrate. Felt nothing. Dosed the next day at 200mg with 250mg Choline Bitartrate...again, nothing. Took another 100mg in the middle of the day w/ a fish oil....nothing. Dosed in the morning again with 350mg and 250mg Choline....nothing.

Do I have my dosing way off or could I be taking too much Choline?? Or is this effect normal? I'm seeing some postings saying to "attack dose" at first. Maybe 600mg?? If anything, I have fallen asleep & felt really calm?? Wierd, yes? Any advice?

#26 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Try 600mg without any choline. Try 1000mg on the next day if you still feel nothing.
If both does not work at all check the quality of your source... your prami is probably not really prami in this case.

Ps: if you get headaches --> take choline.

#27 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

I tried Pramiracetam for the first time in a 100mg dose with 250mg of Choline Bitartrate. Felt nothing. Dosed the next day at 200mg with 250mg Choline Bitartrate...again, nothing. Took another 100mg in the middle of the day w/ a fish oil....nothing. Dosed in the morning again with 350mg and 250mg Choline....nothing.

Do I have my dosing way off or could I be taking too much Choline?? Or is this effect normal? I'm seeing some postings saying to "attack dose" at first. Maybe 600mg?? If anything, I have fallen asleep & felt really calm?? Wierd, yes? Any advice?

Took about 3-5 days till I really started noticing the effects. For me 150-300mg twice a day worked well. I wouldn't bump it up to 600mg till taking it for at least a week. Over-shooting it could lead to an unwanted level of focus. Found myself in hypnotic trance-like focus, where I was oblivious to my surroundings while working on projects. And also it gave me an OCD type desire to finish things.

But I didn't spend my time on things that would be considered productive to most people... creative art-type projects occupied most of my time when on pramiracetam. I spent about 12 hours trying to get the backing off some tile mirrors I bought at home depot in an attempt to make a cheap non-reversing mirror. Was totally obsessed with finishing it and couldn't get myself to stop working on it. LOL

I found it of little help focusing at work or anything else that didn't involve what I was totally interested in. For me it's a useful fuel for completing creative endeavors but more of a distraction for mundane or everyday tasks.

#28 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

In research

Systemic administration of pramiracetam increases nitric oxide synthase activity in the cerebral cortex of the rat.

Corasaniti MT, Paoletti AM, Palma E, Granato T, Navarra M, Nisticò G.

Source

Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Reggio Calabria, Catanzaro, Italy.

Abstract

The effect of systemic administration of pramiracetam on neuronal type nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity and NOS mRNA expression were studied in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex in rats. A dose of 300 mg/kg (i.p.) of this nootropic produced an approximately 20% increase in NOS activity in ratbrain cortical homogenates but not in hippocampal homogenates; no significant changes were observed in NOS mRNA expression in the cortex and hippocampus. A lower dose of pramiracetam (100 mg/kg i.p.) was ineffective on NOS mRNA expression and enzyme activity. Interestingly, administration of pramiracetam (300 mg/kg i.p.) in rats pretreated (24 h before) with lithium chloride (LiCl) (3 mEq/kg i.p.) yielded a 40% increase in cortical NOS activity. However, in LiCl-pretreated rats this nootropic failed to affect cortical NOS mRNA expression; LiCl (3 mEq/kg i.p.) given alone produced no effect. In conclusion, the present data demonstrate that pramiracetam given alone or in combination with LiCl increases NOS activity inbrain cortical homogenates of rats and this may contribute to the mechanisms underlying learning and memory improvement produced by this nootropic.

um

6.5G seem safe

19G seem not safe

Going to try 6.5g today

#29 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

<sigh> Some of those posts nearly gave me a headache lol. My genius. heh

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

In research

Systemic administration of pramiracetam increases nitric oxide synthase activity in the cerebral cortex of the rat.

Corasaniti MT, Paoletti AM, Palma E, Granato T, Navarra M, Nisticò G.

Source

Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Reggio Calabria, Catanzaro, Italy.

Abstract

The effect of systemic administration of pramiracetam on neuronal type nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity and NOS mRNA expression were studied in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex in rats. A dose of 300 mg/kg (i.p.) of this nootropic produced an approximately 20% increase in NOS activity in ratbrain cortical homogenates but not in hippocampal homogenates; no significant changes were observed in NOS mRNA expression in the cortex and hippocampus. A lower dose of pramiracetam (100 mg/kg i.p.) was ineffective on NOS mRNA expression and enzyme activity. Interestingly, administration of pramiracetam (300 mg/kg i.p.) in rats pretreated (24 h before) with lithium chloride (LiCl) (3 mEq/kg i.p.) yielded a 40% increase in cortical NOS activity. However, in LiCl-pretreated rats this nootropic failed to affect cortical NOS mRNA expression; LiCl (3 mEq/kg i.p.) given alone produced no effect. In conclusion, the present data demonstrate that pramiracetam given alone or in combination with LiCl increases NOS activity inbrain cortical homogenates of rats and this may contribute to the mechanisms underlying learning and memory improvement produced by this nootropic.

um

6.5G seem safe

19G seem not safe

Going to try 6.5g today

You need to do some modifications to reach human dose in comparison to rat dose. I would not suggest taking 6.5g. 100mg/kg for a rat is NOT an equivalent dose at 100mg/kg in a human.... I'm guessing you're 65kg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, cognition, pramiracetam, mania

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users