* * * * * 2 votes

LOG- C60 Log MkII

c60 buckminsterfullerene antiaging c60 human trial c60 source vaughter wellness

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#241 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Do you mean that consuming a daily dose of olive oil that would correspond to the dose that some people here are reporting photoprotection from, i.e. about a teaspoon of oil, would provide a noticeable level of photoprotection? Based on my experience, that doesn't happen.

The stories here are vague and hit-and-miss. I've been taking a tablespoon of late and noticed a good deal more oil on my skin. Some have reported zits, which would also be the result of more oil. And some are taking a lot more than a tablespoon. So yeah, on average I'd expect some extra UV protection from the oil alone, but not much and not very consistently.

These days I try to get two tablespoons of good EVOO daily. I can't say that I notice much difference in skin oil. I wouldn't say that the reports of photoprotection were vague. They seem pretty clear cut. It's not a 100% protection, but it sounds like it's pretty good.

By vague I mean statements like, my roommate hasn't burned either, with no details or sometimes not even a first person report. I've noticed two people who claimed not to get a sunburn while taking it but gave no specifics on their sun exposure. While others have reported no such effect or a negative effect--ie, they got sunburned. It's all quite vague.

#242 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

By vague I mean statements like, my roommate hasn't burned either, with no details or sometimes not even a first person report. I've noticed two people who claimed not to get a sunburn while taking it but gave no specifics on their sun exposure. While others have reported no such effect or a negative effect--ie, they got sunburned. It's all quite vague.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. When testing sunscreens in a laboratory, volunteers are given metered doses of UV, and the amount of UV required to produce erythema is noted. That would be ideal; we could ultimately calculate an SPF for oral C60-oo, if we were to do that kind of experiment. What we have is a collection of anecdotes. They aren't laboratory data, but they are at least consistent- people are seeing photoprotection relative to their personal experience, but if they push it too far, they can still get a burn.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#243 Edgar

• 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

It's possible that C60 has no sun protection value at all, that it's all in the olive oil carrier that makes the skin oilier than it would be. The skin's natural oils have a spf rating equal to weak suntan lotion--as much as 8.

Based on my experience, that sounds perfectly plausible.

Do you mean that consuming a daily dose of olive oil that would correspond to the dose that some people here are reporting photoprotection from, i.e. about a teaspoon of oil, would provide a noticeable level of photoprotection? Based on my experience, that doesn't happen.

I took olive oil in similar quantities for several weeks before starting the C60 in order to attempt to differentiate the effects. There was absolutely a noticeable difference. I would not call my skin oily; but it is no longer as dry as it was. This was noticeable within the first week of starting the C60.

I didn't read Turnbuckle's comment close enough, and I think I mistook the intent. I feel it's plausible that it's the increased oil production of the skin that is giving the (very minor) protection, not some direct interaction with sunlight and C60. Sorry about that. I'm very itchy over 25% of my body still, and it's distracting cogent thought.

#244 tweedlover

• 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

The one effect that is being reported that is really easy to measure is hair regrowth.

Some before and after photos of hair regrowth would be great evidence from any big rats still taking the solution.

#245 Lister

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

**Update**

I have now been taking 2mg/day C60-OO from SV since my join date on this forum (June). Nearing 6 bottles I would say that I’m just as far along with it as most other people in this forum. I started going back to the gym a few months ago but other than that I’ve changed little in my lifestyle.

There have been few changes since the initial jump. For me at least the effects have held; not decreased in any way. I would say physical activities are easier for me now than they were in my early 20’s. I still worry about the effects of C60 though and can’t say for certain that it feels 100% safe.

Since the big earthquake in Vancouver I’ve been having dizzy spells. I don’t know if this has anything to do with either the earthquake or C60 but it’s the only note worthy change in my physical status. Due to the extra strain of going to the gym I may just not be drinking enough Water.

So 6 Months of Steady C60 dosing. No negative effects that I can tell. I feel certain now that the initial negative effects I felt were unrelated to dosing of C60.

If someone is doing a study in Vancouver regarding anti-aging I’m still willing to give up some blood for free! Just message me here and I’ll pick it up.

#246 Watdh

• 22 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

The stories here are vague and hit-and-miss. I've been taking a tablespoon of late and noticed a good deal more oil on my skin. Some have reported zits, which would also be the result of more oil. And some are taking a lot more than a tablespoon. So yeah, on average I'd expect some extra UV protection from the oil alone, but not much and not very consistently.

These days I try to get two tablespoons of good EVOO daily. I can't say that I notice much difference in skin oil. I wouldn't say that the reports of photoprotection were vague. They seem pretty clear cut. It's not a 100% protection, but it sounds like it's pretty good.

I thought the effects of sun protection from c60 were just crazy. I have been on Kauai now for 9 days. For the past 3 years I have been coming over this time of year. Yes I apply sunscreen, but still usually end up not reapplying often enough & usually get a little burned, especially the top of my head. This trip I haven't had the sunburned head, or any where else. As a female, quick hair regrowth has been a problem in many areas.

Edited by Watdh, 09 December 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#247 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

http://pubs.acs.org/....1021/nn700151z Where the functional limit for 'attaching' hydroxyl groups to C60 is 36-40.

Since this hydroxylation of C60 has been demonstrated to occur in the presence of hydrogen peroxide... That's where this nonsense comes from.

Et tu, Niner? I don't mind hearing more about how you think it works.

You're saying that ROS form bonds to fullerenes, and they just don't. Your first link describes a chemical reaction that takes place at high temperatures. This is nothing like what is happening in the body. Rather than forming bonds to fullerene, ROS give up an electron to it. Fullerenes can take on more than one electron at a time, but typically electrons will cycle on and off; building up a significant charge is energetically disfavored.

What's with the et tu? I guess it's rude of me to call a spade a spade, but that happens a lot in science. You're making declarations that sound like they're being presented as fact, but they're really just speculations based on an inadequate understanding of chemistry. I don't mind if you speculate, but you ought to label it as such. This is how a lot of erroneous "Internet Wisdom" gets started. Someone says something wrong, it doesn't get corrected, and before you know it everyone thinks it's true. I know I'm being grouchy, but there's been a lot of hubris displayed in these C60 threads by people who come up with half-baked "theories" that have no scientific basis.

I am having a problem understanding how accepting an electron from an ROS can neutralize the ROS?
Are you saying something happens like this:

2 (H2O2) + C60 ->
2(OH-) + 2(H+) + O2 + C60 ->
2(OH-) + H2 + O2 + C60-2 ->
O2H2 + H2 + O2 + C60 ->
2(H2O) + O2 + C60

Or something like this:
2H2O2 + C60 ->
4(OH-) + C60(+4) ->
O2 + 2(H20) + C60

I am having a hard time visualizing how accepting an electron, (or donating an electron) can turn an ROS into a non ROS.

#248 d4shing

• 30 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

ROS is an unpaired electron. If it sticks to something else that absorbs and distributes the "extra" electron, it is neutralized.

See the below for how it works with compounds like c60:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Aromaticity
  • like x 1

#249 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

I am having a hard time visualizing how accepting an electron, (or donating an electron) can turn an ROS into a non ROS.

Let's look at the example of superoxide, .O2-, since it's the most common case. The way I wrote it with a period in front of the O means that there's an unpaired electron on the molecule, the 2 means there are two oxygen atoms, and the "-" means it has a net charge of minus one. The enzyme manganese superoxide dismutase (Mn-SOD) catalyzes two different reactions, shown here. In the first one, an electron is accepted from superoxide, resulting in the charge on the manganese atom being decreased by one, and producing a molecule of ordinary oxygen. In the second reaction, the manganese atom gives up its extra electron to the superoxide, which reacts with two protons from the surrounding water to produce a molecule of hydrogen peroxide.
  • Mn3+-SOD + .O2 → Mn2+-SOD + O2
  • Mn2+-SOD + .O2 + 2H+ → Mn3+-SOD + H2O2.
In the case of c60, this dismutation reaction would look like this:
  • C60 + .O2 → .C60- + O2
  • .C60- + .O2 + 2H+ → C60 + H2O2.

• like x 1

#250 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

• C60 + .O2 → .C60- + O2

Thanks for writing the equation. It is all much clearer now.

So I am guessing C60 can also turn H2O2 into H+ and H2O with this reaction

C60 + H2O2 -> .C60- + H+ + H2O

(I can't figure out how to get the subscripts and superscripts working)

#251 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

• C60 + .O2 → .C60- + O2

Thanks for writing the equation. It is all much clearer now.

So I am guessing C60 can also turn H2O2 into H+ and H2O with this reaction

(I can't figure out how to get the subscripts and superscripts working)

Maybe that last equation is correct! This paper indicates that C60 deactivates H2O2 in rat thymocytes http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22642121 Preincubation of cells with 10(-5) M fullerene C60 was shown not only to prevent H2O2--induced AOF generation but to increase viability of H2O2-treated thymocytes at more prolonged time period. The data obtained indicate to fullerene C60 ability to prevent oxidative stress in thymocytes.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to download (or translate) the full original text.

#252 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

I would like to add myself to the list of people taking C60-in-oilive-oil regularly, but reporting no short-term effects.

#253 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

For the most part, I am a vegan, and don't drink. As I mentioned before, methylene blue seems to give me a lot of energy.
I have been staying with my family over the holidays. Everyday I am the last one to sleep, and the first one awake.

I walked about 5 miles today, and have fallen off the wagon wrt. wine. Just finished my glass of wine and I am wide awake. The rest of the family is sound asleep. I will probably be the first up tomorrow also.

I think the combination of mb, vegan lifestyle, give me a *lot* more energy than the average person. I guess C60 on top of that wouldn't affect much.

Today my mom commented that I have a golden tan which looks good. As I mentioned before, the C60 does seem to make me tan more.

#254 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Ooops, C60 + H2O2 -> .C60- + H+ + H2O doesn't balance

The only way I can figure out how to make it balance is by imitating the equations for catalase

H2O2 + C60 -> H2O + O=C60

H2O2 + O=C60 -> H2O + O2 + C60

#255 kenorb

• 62 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Some Background: I am not ill or old. I have never smoked or drank heavily. I am a physically fit 28 year old. Now you may ask “Why is this guy worried about growing old… he’s just a baby!” and you may be right. However, I know that this goal of mine can’t be left to the fate of procrastination. I must start now!

C60. My first dose was on June the 20th. I am taking exactly what is written on the bottle “Suggested daily dose 1.5 mg/day”. Now considering I was in perfect health as verified by my doctor before taking this let’s go over some effects:

• Lungs ache a little.
  • Flu’ish aches spread throughout my body and passed. They started first in my throat so I’m thinking it’s wherever the c60 hits first. They pass after a day but the aches in my joints are lasting longer
  • Things seem brighter (may be placebo effect)
  • I don’t seem to have to breathe as much even under heavy workout stress (have to test this further). Maybe increased lung capacity or they’re better at processing oxygen? Could explain the ache.
  • Here’s the best one: I had 2 shots of Spiced Rum. I became drunk in a good way very fast… 30 minutes later I was clear headed as though my body had completely processed it. Normally it takes me a lot more time and alcohol to get drunk and it usually makes me feel horrible afterwards. This time I was drunk then not and then fine in like the first hour. May also be attached to the Placebo effect.
As with anything untested lots of these effects could be placebo or related to other things in my environment. I am going to get blood work done and then start going to the gym again. We’ll see how that goes.

A lot of these Aches I speak of may have to do with the weather here as it’s very damp in Vancouver at the moment. Regardless they are not enough to worry me yet. I will keep going with the dosing and update this post while I’m at it.

If you’re also taking c60 maybe we can match up what we’re experiencing. Let’s hope the results are good!

Could you update your experience?
Are you still taking C60? How often and how much?
Any overall effects after taking it over 6 months?
Any things, food or other supplements you're avoiding?

#256 Lister

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

** Update **

About 2 months ago I started taking a 3-5mg/3 time as a week instead of 2mg/day. I honestly feel better overall than I did with the daily dose. It’s hard to describe; I feel more refreshed and less weighted down.

Other than that all is well! I feel drastically better when I’m taking C60 than when I’m not. Could still be a placebo affect but I doubt it.

- I’m alive
- I’ve taken C60 regularly for over half a year
- I’m not sick, I’m very healthy and I feel great!

At this point I believe we’re only left with possible negative long term affects because as far as I can tell, there is no negative short term affects (for me at least).

#257 YOLF

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Some Background: I am not ill or old. I have never smoked or drank heavily. I am a physically fit 28 year old. Now you may ask “Why is this guy worried about growing old… he’s just a baby!” and you may be right. However, I know that this goal of mine can’t be left to the fate of procrastination. I must start now!

C60. My first dose was on June the 20th. I am taking exactly what is written on the bottle “Suggested daily dose 1.5 mg/day”. Now considering I was in perfect health as verified by my doctor before taking this let’s go over some effects:

• Lungs ache a little.
  • Flu’ish aches spread throughout my body and passed. They started first in my throat so I’m thinking it’s wherever the c60 hits first. They pass after a day but the aches in my joints are lasting longer
  • Things seem brighter (may be placebo effect)
  • I don’t seem to have to breathe as much even under heavy workout stress (have to test this further). Maybe increased lung capacity or they’re better at processing oxygen? Could explain the ache.
  • Here’s the best one: I had 2 shots of Spiced Rum. I became drunk in a good way very fast… 30 minutes later I was clear headed as though my body had completely processed it. Normally it takes me a lot more time and alcohol to get drunk and it usually makes me feel horrible afterwards. This time I was drunk then not and then fine in like the first hour. May also be attached to the Placebo effect.
As with anything untested lots of these effects could be placebo or related to other things in my environment. I am going to get blood work done and then start going to the gym again. We’ll see how that goes.

A lot of these Aches I speak of may have to do with the weather here as it’s very damp in Vancouver at the moment. Regardless they are not enough to worry me yet. I will keep going with the dosing and update this post while I’m at it.

If you’re also taking c60 maybe we can match up what we’re experiencing. Let’s hope the results are good!

Could you update your experience?
Are you still taking C60? How often and how much?
Any overall effects after taking it over 6 months?
Any things, food or other supplements you're avoiding?

It was a general consensus some time ago that the lung and body aches where due to increased physical activity.

#258 LoopLooper

• 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I just bought some from Vaughter's site. Looking forward to trying. As a 29 y/o female I am concerned about reports of extra hair follicles, but excited about the anti-oxidative properties. I'll report on the gorilla factor, hopefully there is none. I do laser-hair removal, so hopefully it will be quickly managed if there is any noticeable change.

What does everyone think about the viability of making your own using C60 of either 99.9% purity, or slightly more expensive 99.5% pure oven-dried type?

What is the difference between these and how safe/simple do you think it would be to attempt to manufacture your own?

(I'm just thinking ahead of myself here.... in case this product seems to have a positive effect on me and I decide to continue usage. It would certainly be more cost-effective to buy a bulk amount and make at home. Especially if FDA regulations somehow got involved and suddenly made it more difficult, or expensive, or worse- impossible, to buy prepared!

Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Newb

#259 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

You mean 99.95%, not 99.5. It's easy to make your own. Crush the granules of c60 (in a mortar or between two spoons), mix with olive oil (two 750ml bottles is about right for one gram of c60) and shake the bottle daily for about a week or two. When you see a deep red color, and the particles are gone, it's done. That's the simple low tech way. Some people use magnetic stirrers and vacuum filtration, but a lot of us use the low tech method.

At your age, you probably will not feel anything. If you're thinking about ever having kids, you might want to wait on this as a precaution. We don't know what effect it would have on development; it's just never been looked at.

#260 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

I just bought some from Vaughter's site. Looking forward to trying. As a 29 y/o female I am concerned about reports of extra hair follicles, but excited about the anti-oxidative properties. I'll report on the gorilla factor, hopefully there is none. I do laser-hair removal, so hopefully it will be quickly managed if there is any noticeable change.

What does everyone think about the viability of making your own using C60 of either 99.9% purity, or slightly more expensive 99.5% pure oven-dried type?

What is the difference between these and how safe/simple do you think it would be to attempt to manufacture your own?

(I'm just thinking ahead of myself here.... in case this product seems to have a positive effect on me and I decide to continue usage. It would certainly be more cost-effective to buy a bulk amount and make at home. Especially if FDA regulations somehow got involved and suddenly made it more difficult, or expensive, or worse- impossible, to buy prepared!

Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Newb

you can start to worry about hair growth when you have to shave your chin :>)

#261 LoopLooper

• 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Haha! Sheesh, I hope I never..... I will get that electrolysis-ed SO FAST.

#262 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

making your owns pretty easy there's a whole thread on doing just that,

and other threads also have information all in the C60 section,

#263 LoopLooper

• 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Thanks! I think I'm going to start doing that after I try this initial round that I already ordered. :)

#264 NanoDoom

• 55 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

As a 29 y/o female I am concerned about reports of extra hair follicles...

Say what?
I'd very much like to know where you read that.

As a male, I'm fighting hair loss. And therefore would be extremely interested in seeing data that points to anything that can regrow hair. I've never heard of anything that can cause new hair follicles. That would certainly be absolutely awesome.

I cannot tell you how your skin will react to c60, but I've been taking c60 orally since mid-December, 2012. And every Friday, I have been dermarolling my entire face (including hairline), then applying c60-oo to said area.

I can report no new hair, nor any existing (facial)hair getting thicker/darker/whatever.

So, at least you *probably* don't have to worry about getting excess facial hair as a female.
Although, I cannot give guarantees, obviously.
But I'm not worried about it myself.

In fact, I kinda would like to see my peach fuzz on my face developing into terminal, 'real' hairs, as that would prove (to me) that c60 really does stimulate hair growth from dead/weak follicles.
Then I'd know it should work on my scalp, too, eventually.

#265 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Say what?

As a male, I'm fighting hair loss. And therefore would be extremely interested in seeing data that points to anything that can regrow hair. I've never heard of anything that can cause new hair follicles. That would certainly be absolutely awesome.

Rejuvenation is certainly possible, in both women and men. Three men (including me) taking the C60 poll have reported hair growth, and one woman, writing to me here about another subject, mentioned "lots" of new hair on her head from C60 use.

Fullerenes for hair growth is the subject of a Luna patent application--

It has been discovered that fullerenes can stimulate hair growth, restore hair growth in areas of hair loss, and induce the formation of new hair follicles.

http://appft1.uspto....=DN/20110003773

Edited by Turnbuckle, 21 March 2013 - 01:47 PM.

• like x 1

#266 NanoDoom

• 55 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

Say what?

Rejuvenation is certainly possible, in both women and men. Three men (including me) taking the C60 poll have reported hair growth, and one woman, writing to me here about another subject, mentioned "lots" of new hair on her head from C60 use.

Fullerenes for hair growth is the subject of a Luna patent application--

It has been discovered that fullerenes can stimulate hair growth, restore hair growth in areas of hair loss, and induce the formation of new hair follicles.

http://appft1.uspto....=DN/20110003773

Very interesting. Thank you.

I noticed the studies were all done on pure c60 fullerenes - and not on c60+ olive oil, or did I miss that?

Just wondering if the pure c60 is better at inducing follicles/hair growth. (I just had the perception that pure c60 was nothing to be ingested, and therefore, nothing to be putting on/in your skin either)

From a standpoint of topical delivery for hair growth, do you think skipping the whole olive oil thing is better?
What kind of vehicle would be optimal for doing this?

I've been taking c60 orally since mid-December.
I also have been applying the c60-OO directly to my hairline, just after having rolled with a Dermaroller (for better penetration). I've been doing this more or less every day. (some days I forget to do it)

So far, nothing to report at all, sadly.

Edited by NanoDoom, 29 March 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#267 NanoDoom

• 55 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Oh, I forgot to add:

Should I be worried about getting 'Yeti-like' facial hair? Grow hair where there should not be hair, like on the nose, on the forehead etc.

I've been applying c60-OO to my face once a week, after having Dermarolled with a 0.75mm roller. (again, for better penetration)

I believe it makes my skin look 'better'. But that's just extremely subjective and could very well be placebo, of course. I've had a few comments from other people. However, you never know if they are telling you the truth, or just telling you what they know you want to hear.

#268 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

If you haven't seen hair growth, you're not alone. In the C60 poll, 4 are presently reporting hair growth and 24 no hair growth, out of 40 respondents. It's not clear how many needed hair growth, since that question wasn't asked.

It could be that there's some co-factor, as most people here are taking many other supplements.

#269 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hair loss is usually due to DHT production and I doubt that C60 will cause much of a change in this since it is regulated by the pituitary gland. Taking a DHT blocker like Stinging Nettle or Zinc might help encourage growth in tandum with c60. A prescription of Procar from the doctor would help. I split them up and I have had significant hair growth since then.
  • dislike x 1

#270 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Hair loss is usually due to DHT production and I doubt that C60 will cause much of a change in this since it is regulated by the pituitary gland. Taking a DHT blocker like Stinging Nettle or Zinc might help encourage growth in tandum with c60. A prescription of Procar from the doctor would help. I split them up and I have had significant hair growth since then.

Androgenetic alopecia is NOT due to "DHT production" (its real "cause" is still unknown) but rather (and only in part) due to the way that hair follicles (genetically) react to DHT. Balding males do not have more DHT than non balding males. More importantly, DHT serves many important purposes in a male (being the most potent androgen we have, it's also important for penile tissue integrity and NO production in the cavernous penile muscles), and 5 alpha reductase inhibition (what finasteride does) does much more than lowering DHT levels (5AR is responsible for the production of the neurosteroid allopregnenolone, among other things).
Taking a pharmaceutical 5 alpha reductase inhibitor such as finasteride (with broad biological effects definitely not limited to the scalp and prostate) only for hair loss, is a horrible, horrible idea.
Check out propeciahelp.com , and if you chose to discard the numerous anecdotal stories, read what many scientists have to say, do not limit yourself to the drug insert...

Edited by daouda, 16 May 2013 - 04:21 AM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, buckminsterfullerene, antiaging, c60 human trial, c60 source, vaughter wellness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users