#1 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

In-vivo effects:
- Is non-toxic, non-immunogenic, non-allergenic;
- Enhances the resistance of plasma membranes to disturbing factors;
- Has a positive influence on antioxidant systems;
- Has radioprotective properties due to the inhibition of the excessive level of free radicals;
- Has a strong and long-lasting antihistaminic and anti-allergic effect, i.e. can act as anti-inflammatory agents;
- Has a positive influence on the activity of adreno-, GABA-, histamine- and especially, serotonergic systems, and, as a result, enhances the organism’s adaptogenic functions;
- Has potent hepatoprotective activity;
- Has a remarkable neuroprotective (including Alzheimer's disease) and non-specific analgesic effect;
- Inhibits the development of tumour pathologies without killing cancer cells;
- Has antiatherosclerotic (antiatherogenic) properties;
- Is able to protect organisms against viral infections (e.g. influenza virus) (HyFn does not kill viruses, but prevents their effective penetration of the cell).

Now that I have your attention :) you can read all about it here:
http://www.ipacom.co...renes-and-water

Any making their own liposomes may be interested in reading this:
http://www.ipacom.co...d-water-left/76

The site has a wealth of information that may give insights into how/why C60oo works:
http://www.ipacom.co...bout-c60hyfn/72
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

Is it just me, or are the prices ... pretty astronomical?

My current 4/5 cup of C60oo (with 130mg - 150mg of C60) seems to be equivalent 1 liter of this water soluble stuff...
If I wanted to buy the whole liter and drink it... it seems like it would cost me close to $400,000?

Wow did I calculate that right?????

:wacko: Yikes!

I think I will stick to my C60oo for now.

A

Attached Files

• like x 2

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Yep; expensive and patented Anthony. :)

My hope is that people better educated than I will look at all the studies and give us all a better understanding of how and why C60 works.
Also perhaps the liposome guys will figure out how to make the stuff. Those ultrasonic cleaners are easily available.

#4 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Also perhaps the liposome guys will figure out how to make the stuff. Those ultrasonic cleaners are easily available.

Did they use ultrasonic waves to produce it?

#5 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Never mind, I should have read before I asked. It looks very complicated, or at least they want it to sound that way.

#6 johnross47

• 747 posts
  • Location:table 42 in the restaurant at the end of the universe

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Last time I saw such an amazing list of properties the label said, "Finest Snake Oil". Is this likely to be real? C60 is certainly beginnning to look like the nearest thing to the elixir of life but that just makes me cautious, on the basis of the old adage, "if it looks too good to be true it probably is."

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Never mind, I should have read before I asked. It looks very complicated, or at least they want it to sound that way.

Don't they just throw it on the stirrer for a couple months? There are other people who describe such a technique in the literature. One of the big advantages of this technique over the old THF method is that it avoids contaminating the product with toxic THF degradation products.

I'm sure they want it to sound highly complicated, in order to justify the price. I looked at their 'theory' regarding ordered shells of water around the fullerol. While I could believe that fullerols have an effect on water structure, their claim about ROS being preferentially concentrated in concentric "shells", then reacting to form electronically stable structures strikes me as, well, unproven and probably wrong. It's pretty sad that Russian science is in such a state. You've got all these smart guys, many of whom may well be living in poverty. It seems like they spend half their time complaining about how the West is always dissing them, a third of their time coming up with quackazoid theories or schemes to make money, and occasionally they do something brilliant.

#8 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Here's a quote from their website.

The general principle of obtaining CnFWS (i.e. hydrated Cn fullerene solution) is as follows.
The solution of fullerene (e.g., C60) in organic solvent, where it can exist as single molecules, is added to water and sonicated under special conditions. Under the chosen processing conditions, what occurs is the instantaneous substitution of the solvate shell, comprised of molecules of the organic solvent and initially surrounding the С60 molecule with a spherical hydrated (aqueous) one.

Looks like they claim to use ultrasonic after all.

Edited by rwac, 10 July 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#9 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

...It seems like they spend half their time complaining about how the West is always dissing them, a third of their time coming up with quackazoid theories or schemes to make money, and occasionally they do something brilliant.

LOL! :-D

I wonder which it is this time?

They have received approval from their Ministry of Health to produce this 'universal water of life' as people there are apparantly calling it, so one must assume its been tested some.

There's some interesting papers on Pubmed FWIW:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.... C60 fullerene

This one in particular!
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12659855

Edited by Logic, 10 July 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#10 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hmmmm....

http://www.zimbio.com/Japan+Earthquake+2011/articles/CtA5TqLyJXl/good+news+Chornobyl+nuclear+disaster+25+years
NB the references

With all that Plutonium and Uranium oxide blowing in on the breeze; perhaps a little more interest in finding out if all this has merit is in order.

(I'm paranoid after reading about the likely consequences of the Fukushima Disaster)

Skepticism is good, but we are all about being among the first to find out what works and why... right?

Edited by Logic, 10 July 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#11 Lister

• Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Last time I saw such an amazing list of properties the label said, "Finest Snake Oil". Is this likely to be real? C60 is certainly beginnning to look like the nearest thing to the elixir of life but that just makes me cautious, on the basis of the old adage, "if it looks too good to be true it probably is."

Speaking as someone who is consuming C60 I have no doubt it will be seriously beneficial to us... eventually. Although I feel like it's benefiting me I also feel like something is building that's going to require a nice private hospital stay and hopefully only that.

It seems though that it could be used as a food preservative. If we could make it inexpensively and put it in all our foods perhaps eating Cheetos may help you live 50 years longer in the near to distant future. Oh I also have this amazing bridge you might be interested in buying... Actually has anyone patented C60 as a food preservative yet? (I probably just made someone very rich… oh well…)

Anyways "Water of Life" would make nice pyramid scheme don't you think?

#12 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Speaking as someone who is consuming C60 I have no doubt it will be seriously beneficial to us... eventually. Although I feel like it's benefiting me I also feel like something is building that's going to require a nice private hospital stay and hopefully only that.

That doesn't sound very good ....

Actually has anyone patented C60 as a food preservative yet?

Actually they recommend using it in "combination with mild antibacterial preparations", so I'm assuming it's not a preservative or anything of that nature. [ref]

#13 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Could you expand on this? What sort of symptoms are making you feel this way?

#14 Lister

• Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Could you expand on this? What sort of symptoms are making you feel this way?

Kidney comments on my thread and some joint pain. My doctor is a bit of a free spirit so I have no doubt when I talk to him about this he'll be on board before I've even put the gang plank down... Sadly his attitude makes him a very popular doctor so getting an appointment is tough... Plus if I go into a walk in I'll probably be seen as a nut case and be told to go straight to the hospital (I never have any luck with walk in doctors).

We have free health care up here so I'll get lots of tests done.

== Remember: Below is all Unprofessional Guess Work! Keep that in mind ==

The Kidney pain aside I really did try and get a sun burn and I couldnt... I caught the flu for sure on the weekend and I'm pretty sure I still have it however it's as though the C60 is somehow suppressing the simptoms. Now that said the warmer weather could be the source of all of these results... in the end I just don't know. But it somehow feels as though what I'm doing is going to end badly.

The tests will tell. I apologize Logic for hyjacking your thread. Perhaps in the end a smaller dose will be found to product the best results and your Water will make you millions. Then perhaps you'll be interested in buying that Bridge I was talking about =P

#15 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

The tests will tell. I apologize Logic for hyjacking your thread. Perhaps in the end a smaller dose will be found to product the best results and your Water will make you millions. Then perhaps you'll be interested in buying that Bridge I was talking about =P

:) No problem Lister. I dont even think of it as my thread. I simply saw a vast (relativly) scource of scientific info on C60 in-vivo & vitro and thought it a good idea to start a thread to discuss that as there is so little on C60oo.

Also I think its important to keep all ones options open; so the HYFN should be considered.
I have no financial interest in it... unfortunatly! :)

Edited by Logic, 11 July 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#16 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Making it should be considered... I don't know about buying it.
I'll stick to C60oo

:-D
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 12 July 2012 - 07:14 PM.

• like x 1

#17 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Making it should be considered... I don't know about buying it.

After considering it, it looks to me like the list of wonderful properties is more or less generic to fullerenes and their various analogs, though some of those things might be based on in vitro results or other such dodginess. I would argue that the hydrophobic C60-fatty acid adduct, with its propensity to localize in membranes is going to be a far more potent compound. Not only would I not purchase HyFn, which is overpriced by about a factor of a thousand, but I wouldn't even bother with it at all, unless I saw head to head tests in mammals that showed it to be better in some way than C60-oo.
  • like x 3

#18 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

The properties in the 1st post are all in-vivo according to the site.

My reason for starting the thread is due to all the studies done that should shed light on C60 in-vivo, irrespective of the means by which it got to be so.

There is a ton of speculation on this site about how/why C60 works:
Perhaps the 69 papers listed here will help with answers, even though the C60 was not dissolved in Olive Oil:
http://www.ipacom.co...bout-c60hyfn/72

I have been trying to find the patent to acertain how HYFN is made; to no avail.
Any Russian speaking members here?

Edited by Logic, 12 July 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#19 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

After reading this thread I wonder if sonification would be better than stirring or shaking to dissolve the c60 into olive oil. Any ideas?

#20 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

After reading this thread I wonder if sonification would be better than stirring or shaking to dissolve the c60 into olive oil. Any ideas?

Might be, or maybe not. It should be good at breaking up the fullerene crystals, but sonication adds a strange chemical twist to the equation: in the region of an ultrasound-induced microcavitation in the solution, the local temperatures can reach exceptionally high levels. Sonication has been shown to speed up the rate of some chemical reactions by multiple orders of magnitude. Thus, it would introduce a new factor into the process that we wouldn't know the outcome of.

#21 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

"Speaking as someone who is consuming C60"

Are you really consuming C60?

I'm looking at how to?

#22 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:53 AM

It seems though that it could be used as a food preservative. If we could make it inexpensively and put it in all our foods perhaps eating Cheetos may help you live 50 years longer in the near to distant future. Oh I also have this amazing bridge you might be interested in buying... Actually has anyone patented C60 as a food preservative yet? (I probably just made someone very rich… oh well…)

Anyways "Water of Life" would make nice pyramid scheme don't you think?

Ah. You are consuming it. How have you solublized it for ingestion?

#23 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Attached the product sheet for C60 Water of life.

Concentration is very low (0.002 mg/l). Drinking one liter of this and following Turnbuckle´s calculation, every mitochondria would have 0.17 c60 molecules. In sharp contrast with 1,700 molecules per mitochondria taking 20mg.

Recommended dosage is 50ml-150ml/day, so between 0.00001 and 0.00003 mg per day.

Am I missing something ?

Attached Files

#24 bcelliott

• 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

This is my first post on the forum (I've been lurking), so take it easy on me! My background--got my Ph.D. working on fullerenes. I synthesized them in arc reactors that we built, extracted them from soot, purified them, and studied their electronic structure and reactivity with many methods. So I do have some background in the area.

We ran into Andrievsky, the guy who has done the lion's share of work on hydrated fullerenes, at a conference in 2003 in St. Petersburg Russia. At that time, he was preaching the gospel of HyFn to the extent of carrying around vials of concentrated HyFn in his shirt pocket and showing and telling to anyone who would listen that the stuff would cure all ills. I was asked by my prof to reproduce his results, so I made a lot of his stuff and characterized it by spectroscopy, dynamic laser scattering, electron microscopy, etc. My results matched Andrievsky's, so I was convinced. Took one tiny swig of the stuff back then but didn't have the guts to try more. I also reproduced the THF into water method as well.

Fast forward to this last month. A large rat aquaintance of mine has had acute gall bladder problems, and cannot digest most oils, so dosing with C60-OO is not an option. I dusted off Andrievsky's method and made about 250 ml of semi-concentrated HYFN for him. He will begin taking it within days, so we'll see if it has any positive effects.

The method is fairly straightforward, though you need a horn ultrasonicator for best results. Without getting into the nitty gritty details, a layer of low to medium concentrated filtered C60-toluene solution is layered on top of a much larger volume of water, and directly sonicated near the interface for several hours while controlling the temperature. The sonic energy should not be too high or you'll lose too much product to a hard-to-separate emulsion. You can either wait until the toluene evaporates or use a separation funnel to recover the aqueous portion, which is yellow. Then you filter, concentrate as you wish, and filter again. If done correctly, the solution should be yellow and transparent, since most of the product will be tiny clusters of water-complexed C60 from 1-3 molecules, with a small percentage as larger clusters. The THF method (which is the only one to show toxic effects in organisms) and other methods such as direct mixing into water yield much larger clusters from 30-200 nm in size. The sonication from toluene method seems to be the best to produce bioavailable, non-toxic product since the single fullerenes are already fully solvated by toluene at relatively low concentrations in that solvent, and the sonic energy simply exchanges the solvent for water.

Buying second-hand lab equipment to make this product is far less expensive than buying it from Ukraine! It is a lot more work than C60-OO, however, and what remains to be seen is if there are advantages to the HyFn when compared with the oil-solubilized version.
  • like x 5

#25 bcelliott

• 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

I should also follow up the HyFn general recipe by saying that full removal of the toluene from the aqueous/emulsion yellow portion can be accomplished via gentle heating during solution concentration while bubbling in an inert gas like nitrogen (air will also work) or by blowing the air across the surface during the same process. As toluene-water is an azeotrope, you can't remove toluene via roto-evaporation, as the water tends to come off first.
  • like x 2

#26 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hi bcelliott

Thx for joining and posting the above how-to.
Im sure someone here will make and try some now.

#27 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Great information. Thanks for sharing.

In your opinion, do you believe it's necessary to filter c60/OO?

#28 bcelliott

• 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

In your opinion, do you believe it's necessary to filter c60/OO?

From a toxicity standpoint, no, I don't think it makes a difference. But some of the stuff left over is probably polymerized C60 (dimers, epoxides, etc.) and as such, is less useful to the body than is the dissolved fullerene. But I don't think it will hurt you at all. If you don't have the money to buy filters, just let the oil solution settle for a day or so after mixing and then pour off the solubilized portion slowly, leaving the solid.
  • like x 3

#29 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

I was asked by my prof to reproduce his results, so I made a lot of his stuff and characterized it by spectroscopy, dynamic laser scattering, electron microscopy, etc. My results matched Andrievsky's, so I was convinced.

What results did you match?

#30 bcelliott

• 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I was asked by my prof to reproduce his results, so I made a lot of his stuff and characterized it by spectroscopy, dynamic laser scattering, electron microscopy, etc. My results matched Andrievsky's, so I was convinced.

What results did you match?

UV-Vis, FTIR spectra and HRTEM micrographs. Spectral analysis showed no toluene at the ppm level.

Edited by bcelliott, 07 August 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, fullerene, buckyball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users